Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I have to say, all of these kids are great...except for Jane. Jake is hilarious (*whips out double pistols* *wink*), Dirk has shown to be just full of interesting drama and of course remains the most badass Strider, and Roxy is both endearing and hysterical. But Jane! Jane you are so boring.

I think the problem is that Jane doesn't get a lot of chances to actually play a role in conversations. In most of the recent chatlogs, she's usually just there for lead to the next Roxy one-liner by saying what is basically things like "Yeah", "uh-uh", "sure" and the like.

What's irritating is that she's shown potential (like her behavior after getting shanked), but Hussie uses her more as a tool to keep Roxy's one-liners flowing than an actual character, at least as of late. It's a waste of a character IMO, especially someone that's going to be the friendleader of the group.

I'm hoping that he's gone something planned for her, like a freakout after learning about Betty Crocker being the Troll Empress, that the Empress is the new leader of Derse and she ordered the hit on her dreamself. I think it would be neat to see Jane "Aww shucks!" Crocker get pissed and go ballistic when she learns the truth about Bettey Crocker instead of doing something like saying "ok" and blowing it off. I think there's also potential in her possibly meeting Nannasprite and telling Jane what a dick the Empress was to Nanna, which would help Jane see that she's been very, very wrong about Betty Crocker.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I have to say, all of these kids are great...except for Jane. Jake is hilarious (*whips out double pistols* *wink*), Dirk has shown to be just full of interesting drama and of course remains the most badass Strider, and Roxy is both endearing and hysterical. But Jane! Jane you are so boring.

She's so obviously boring that there's basically no chance that she won't end up being Lord English's secret agent or some sort of android God-queen in a few months.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jane being plain.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jane being plain.

It's not that it's bad, it's just her plainness seems out of place with the rest of the new kids. She's had some glimpses of personality, but not anything like Dirk or Roxy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heheheh "plain jane" :rimshot:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

John, too, only really came into his own once he was in the Medium, though he had a lot more room for idle banter along the way. Give her time.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

John, too, only really came into his own once he was in the Medium, though he had a lot more room for idle banter along the way. Give her time.

Good point. It seems the things we know about Jane are about as much as we knew about John in Act 1, and even then there's a bit more that Jane has gone through that John hasn't, like her Dreamself getting shanked and her adventures with GCat. It probably feels like she's less of a character because there aren't wacky user commands to distract readers this time around.

I still like her, even though she's kinda flat right now.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Well I guess it's time for me to retire Terezi and Li'l Cal for... this.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Best drat avatar I've ever seen, good choice.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I'm actually amazed no one swooped in and bought it before I could.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Well Manicured Man posted:

You've made the right choice.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm glad all the effort I put into it isn't going to waste on a bad poster! :)
If anyone doesn't re-read old posts, please note that I added a few more avatars on the last page and at least a couple of them, I think, would make rather nice replacements to your old, crusty, and/or non-existent avatars.
I really hope after he got [S] Cascade out of the way, Hussie got the dramatic-flash fix out of his system so he can continue to produce works of art like this latest page.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 18, 2012

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I could seriously just stare at that avatar indefinitely.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Say what you like, I'm always happy to see more ridiculous echeladder rung names. :allears:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm sure Jake had no idea why the echeladder would call him CUPID'S CROSSHAIR CANDY.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

HUNK RUMPUS BUSTER
Jake x Dirk ALL BUT CONFIRMED.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

blue-lookers-nude.com doesnt go anywhere... yet. :tinfoil:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

SynthOrange posted:

I think it's supposed to be green-eyes-peeled-for-blue-lookers-nude.com.

e: Which does go somewhere. And it's loving hilarious.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Saradiart posted:

I think it's supposed to be green-eyes-peeled-for-blue-lookers-nude.com.

e: Which does go somewhere. And it's loving hilarious.

Hahaha, that's a great redirect.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

I'm actually amazed no one swooped in and bought it before I could.

TOAST7312 posted:

If I had money right now this would so totally be mine. BLUH!

:colbert:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SynthOrange posted:

Well now it does.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

pandaK posted:

Well now it does.

eeeuuuaaagh

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Did anyone else find that the comic's text changed font entirely throughout with this update? Or is my computer doing something wonky?

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
It was probably the Firefox update. Same thing happened to me, but the font always looked like that when I viewed the site on Chrome.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Does anyone know when/if they'll be releasing more albums?

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

DaveKap posted:

This was my favorite part of the flash :neckbeard:
Awesome onomatopoeia strikes again.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Elysiume posted:

Well, there's the music contest album, which should be Soon™

After that, :iiam:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Elysiume posted:

After the fanmusic album, they'll probably go back to once every two months.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Elysiume posted:

They're currently coming up with a fanmusic album except that it's official. Hussie and Radiation are currently going through 1000 songs, of which 200% of them are chiptune remixes of Beatdown, to compile a definite album.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Fun update. I'm listening to Strife! again and it's rekindled my hopes that we'll get a flash with Heir Conditioning at some point. Possibly a John battle? :allears:

Armadillos! posted:

If the hair was animated I would love this.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Speaking of Strife!, I was listening to Dance of Thorns for the millionth time and realized it reminds me a lot of Moon Over the Castle.

I know Heir Conditioning had parts from A Touhou song in it, so I'm wondering if Knife's Edge and Atomic Bonsai uses bits from other songs.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Just noticed an inconsistency or a mistake or something in "Prince of Heart: Rise Up".

When we see DD enter Derse St. Peter's Square, we see that Dirk has stuck the stake with HB's head and the note onto the tip of the obelisk (presumably lovingly brought to Derse by Derse-Caligula) in the center of the square.
Then, at the end of the flash, we see DD totally level with the stake and his former friend's head as he rips the note off.

....How can DD reach the tip of the obelisk? Is he hovering?

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Just noticed an inconsistency or a mistake or something in "Prince of Heart: Rise Up".

When we see DD enter Derse St. Peter's Square, we see that Dirk has stuck the stake with HB's head and the note onto the tip of the obelisk (presumably lovingly brought to Derse by Derse-Caligula) in the center of the square.
Then, at the end of the flash, we see DD totally level with the stake and his former friend's head as he rips the note off.

....How can DD reach the tip of the obelisk? Is he hovering?

Inside DD's body are parsec-long, near-infinitely recursive gams, tangled up inside themselves, but that, Gordian-knot-like, can untangle themselves to propel the Dignitary's height beyond all rhyme and reason, let alone your pitiful expectations about 'the height of a carapace dude's legs'.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

pandaK posted:

Well now it does.

Hahaha, rad.
*click*
AAAA
Whats the deal with some people.
Are we able to flag videos that are unlisted? Because I'm really surprised that YouTube would let that be uploaded.
e: for more than 3 weeks as well, goddamn

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 19, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I like how the conspiring AI starts off with saying "I'm afraid..."

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A most famous of callbacks :toot:

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
A callback and a movie reference in the same update. :allears:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I think I realized what about the art is throwing me off. It seems like the character outlines are thicker. I dunno. Looks weird.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
"Indigenous race of butlers" sounds like something from a tintin book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Aw man, plushrump.com doesn't work anymore! :(