Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Amazon will be sending me a copy of APB reloaded soon. What should I pick as my purple permanent gun? I was planning on the csg but should I be thinking of anything else? Also will the gun be for both my characters or just one of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
I'm considering grabbing the valentine's day hvr scout because it's cheaper than the regular scouts (at around 1499 G1 this weekend) and for its HS2 and tagger mod. What's the main difference with the retail box version?

Also is there any other choices between that and the csg? Kind of want the csg too :ohdear:

Cronyx
Apr 23, 2011

Goofballs posted:

Amazon will be sending me a copy of APB reloaded soon.

You just paid for a free game. What.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Cronyx posted:

There's a retail copy that gives a bunch of crap, I really wish I got it when I started playing again but I already bought 2 months of premium and a valentine Obeya so it stopped being a good deal.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So a few suggestions for Gimmicks for the Massive stream next week:

-Superheros (Everyone is a different one or we could all be the same one. Whatever works)
-Religious nutjobs
-The FBI (Everyone drives black Broadwings and wears suits)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

ReiSama your clothing is in the mail! Hopefully I sent you the entire set, but if I hosed up let me know and I'll fix it.

Running LTL is thousands of times less rage inducing now than it used to be. I can't tell if there are significantly less hackers out there nowadays, of if something got fixed, but this game is awesome now.

I need to go premium again so I can make more fun stuff for you guys.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Sharkelberry posted:

ReiSama your clothing is in the mail! Hopefully I sent you the entire set, but if I hosed up let me know and I'll fix it.

Running LTL is thousands of times less rage inducing now than it used to be. I can't tell if there are significantly less hackers out there nowadays, of if something got fixed, but this game is awesome now.

I need to go premium again so I can make more fun stuff for you guys.

LTL was fun. We went to a bronze district, try it in a silver one... now that is rage inducing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Akion posted:

If you also make sure to move around accordingly on foot, it could be the best thing

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Cronyx posted:

You get a month of premium, a permanent gun which can be any armas gun, a permanent pistol (which is not very good, act with reflex sights 3) a permanent cisco with nitrous 3, steel plating 3 and ammo supply and 500 g1 points to buy whatever in their store. Oh and its very cheap and I play apb a lot.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

If you also make sure to move around accordingly on foot, it could be the best thing

If we did it like a 'stakeout' might be amusing. Maybe some undercover vegas for good measure?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

QQmore posted:

If we did it like a 'stakeout' might be amusing. Maybe some undercover vegas for good measure?

If your squad doesn't all use a Vegas each you're doing it wrong. That car is capable of completely ruining everyone's day if you swarm people with it, it's basically unstoppable when you get it up to speed.

Of course there's the whole "trying to hit your target" thing that the Vegas isn't good at, but statistically speaking if you throw enough Vegases at the streamer then one of them is bound to hit them :v:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Akion posted:

So a few suggestions for Gimmicks for the Massive stream next week:

Pro as heck choice

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Apparently I've been inactive long enough to be kicked from Something Lawful. Somebody fix this travesty :argh:

Name is Novasol

Edit: Man, I have no money at all and now I'm stuck with the starting guns again. But at least they can't take my baby away:

:911:

Edit 2: Oh god I'm a gold 3 somehow.

Novasol fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 19, 2012

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Pro as heck choice

Seonded. That will be cool as hell! I missed the last one, but I'll try to make it this time. Seeing as I main a crim, I ended up adding Tboo to friends. I can't help but admire her for putting up with us so well...

SL:h:Tboo4eva

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Novasol posted:

Apparently I've been inactive long enough to be kicked from Something Lawful. Somebody fix this travesty :argh:

Name is Novasol

Edit: Man, I have no money at all and now I'm stuck with the starting guns again. But at least they can't take my baby away:

Edit 2: Oh god I'm a gold 3 somehow.

They got rid of the gold levels. Now its just gold, silver bronze, green or trainee.

Think I bought your old T-25. Now that you are back, mind making a few edits?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Is it still possible to get the permanent primary gun in the retail box or was that a limited time promotion? Some sites are saying it was limited, some are saying it's still available.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

mpyro posted:

They got rid of the gold levels. Now its just gold, silver bronze, green or trainee.

Think I bought your old T-25. Now that you are back, mind making a few edits?

I guess I could. I'll be on a bit later, right now I'm using virtualbox to defraud their stupid free g1 funbux things.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

If your squad doesn't all use a Vegas each you're doing it wrong. That car is capable of completely ruining everyone's day if you swarm people with it, it's basically unstoppable when you get it up to speed.

Of course there's the whole "trying to hit your target" thing that the Vegas isn't good at, but statistically speaking if you throw enough Vegases at the streamer then one of them is bound to hit them :v:

We could do Retro FBI. Fresnos and Vegases for everyone!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Novasol posted:

I guess I could. I'll be on a bit later, right now I'm using virtualbox to defraud their stupid free g1 funbux things.

Is there some way to get a bunch of G1C for not a lot of effort? I tried those surveys and about one in twenty actually did anything.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Is there some way to get a bunch of G1C for not a lot of effort? I tried those surveys and about one in twenty actually did anything.

You can get about 500 points before any real effort is involved. It's a lot easier if you're willing to divulge your phone number, but, I'm not.

Some of the game downloads and software offers work. The important thing to remember is that you'll only get a credit once per company, even if they have multiple offers. Usually the ones that make you download something are a safe bet. Also, legit companies, like the offer for Nielson, will almost always work.

Of course, that means spyware, but that's why I'm using virtual box. Basically, I had a windows XP install on virtualbox. I installed Chrome on it, and made a snapshot of it in its clean state. Then, I would clog it with as much crapware from those offers as I could. As soon as it became unresponsive I'd just load the snapshot and roll it all back instantly. 500 points for maybe 15 minutes of work, plus it's amusing to get to the point where the spyware actively fights each other.

Was hoping to accumulate enough funbux to buy one of the cheaper lifetime weapons, but alas, it was not meant to be.

These worked for me:
"Discover new, awesome videos today!" - 102
"Play Amazonia for free!" - 92
"Join Digital Nielson Voice" - 102
"Download the new Smilie Bubbles" - 89

Novasol fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 19, 2012

Raxmus
Jul 7, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is why I play APB:

finna udders
Jan 28, 2005

mu
I made my Charge Sentinel into a TR Marauder.

I should've really taken screenshots in the editor for better lighting, but oh well.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Akion posted:

We're doing this and I'm making a surveillance van.

bakageta
Apr 30, 2011

Goofballs posted:

Amazon will be sending me a copy of APB reloaded soon. What should I pick as my purple permanent gun? I was planning on the csg but should I be thinking of anything else? Also will the gun be for both my characters or just one of them?

The permanent primary weapon is still going, I don't think they've got a hard date yet but I was told by Revoemag that you should be able to get the primary until at least the end of February. You'll get the gun on both of your characters, and any characters you create in the future will get it mailed to them as well.

QQmore posted:

I'm considering grabbing the valentine's day hvr scout because it's cheaper than the regular scouts (at around 1499 G1 this weekend) and for its HS2 and tagger mod. What's the main difference with the retail box version?

Also is there any other choices between that and the csg? Kind of want the csg too :ohdear:

There's a Scoped NTEC, a Whisper, the CSG, and the Scout. The NTEC's mod isn't all that good, it's probably the worst gun of the 4. The whisper's mag pull isn't bad if you reload after every kill, but it makes the mag too small to really kill 2 people with one mag. The Scout and the CSG are the top choices, the Scout's CJ3 makes it slightly better when fighting other scouts, but for normal use I'd prefer the HS2 in the valentine's scout. I'd pick up the perm valentine's scout and the retail CSG. If you're premium, ARMAS has an extra 20% deal going on still, which ends today, I'd snag the Scout up now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is this my illness addled mind imagining things, or is the LTL shotgun awesome and accurate and all around very neat? Why don't people use this thing more?

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

bakageta posted:

The permanent primary weapon is still going, I don't think they've got a hard date yet but I was told by Revoemag that you should be able to get the primary until at least the end of February. You'll get the gun on both of your characters, and any characters you create in the future will get it mailed to them as well.

There's a Scoped NTEC, a Whisper, the CSG, and the Scout. The NTEC's mod isn't all that good, it's probably the worst gun of the 4. The whisper's mag pull isn't bad if you reload after every kill, but it makes the mag too small to really kill 2 people with one mag. The Scout and the CSG are the top choices, the Scout's CJ3 makes it slightly better when fighting other scouts, but for normal use I'd prefer the HS2 in the valentine's scout. I'd pick up the perm valentine's scout and the retail CSG. If you're premium, ARMAS has an extra 20% deal going on still, which ends today, I'd snag the Scout up now.

Ended up buying the valentine's scout and obeya and the CSG PR1.

Used the CSG and snubby to farm some kills in the waterfront fight club with some success. The shotgun itself was pretty drat nice on its own too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Is this my illness addled mind imagining things, or is the LTL shotgun awesome and accurate and all around very neat? Why don't people use this thing more?

No, it's completely rad. Not a whole bunch of range, but three shots will put someone down. It fires a dart, not a bunch of pellets, so you don't have to worry about spread at all.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are dump trucks still as awesome as they were? Did they keep the dumb overpowered weapons in?

e:How many goons are on in primetime? There was like 50 when I used to play, but I imagine it's dwindled

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I dont like the NL9 just for the fact that its ROF is fairly slow and if you miss a single dart youre going to die against a competent player at close range. It pairs really nicely with a CCG user though since its got an effective range of about 50 meters so you can tag people while they approach and make their job much easier.
Plus in about the same time it takes to fire three shots with the NL9 you can fire two taser shots and also get the stun without giving up your primary.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Great Beer posted:

I dont like the NL9 just for the fact that its ROF is fairly slow and if you miss a single dart youre going to die against a competent player at close range. It pairs really nicely with a CCG user though since its got an effective range of about 50 meters so you can tag people while they approach and make their job much easier.
Plus in about the same time it takes to fire three shots with the NL9 you can fire two taser shots and also get the stun without giving up your primary.

In my experience, despite being a shotgun it's not a close range weapon. It's a mid-range plinking weapon. You pop in and out of cover, or better yet find somewhere to hide and throw shots into people from 20-30m out. It's really astonishingly accurate within 50m.

If anyone gets close, I break out the S-AS PDW and start spraying.

Mortikie
Feb 19, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

Are dump trucks still as awesome as they were?

Nope, but they're still pretty fun to mess around with.

Robo Reagan posted:

Did they keep the dumb overpowered weapons in?

Dunno about OP weapons though, haven't actually seen anyone crying about it so I guess they fixed them?

bakageta
Apr 30, 2011

Mortikie posted:

Dunno about OP weapons though, haven't actually seen anyone crying about it so I guess they fixed them?

NTEC got a nerf a long time ago, the Joker Carbine just recently saw a nerf that cripples it for people macroing at max fire rate... OSMAW's damage got nerfed so you have to be more direct to kill anyone with it, and kevlar 1 can now survive even a direct hit. Concussion grenades got nerfed so they only do 99% damage, no more one-shots... That's all I can think of offhand. People will always find something to complain about, but the weapons seem pretty balanced here.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

bakageta posted:

the Joker Carbine just recently saw a nerf that cripples it for people macroing at max fire rate.

That nerf didn't work very well. Still a beast up to a certain range, and then the Obeya CR72 stays the macroing king until it's effective max range of far beyond 50

bakageta
Apr 30, 2011

Eh, the spread is HUGE on the joker at max ROF now, seemed to me like you really have to be up close to use it like that now. Though, with just a tiny bit of delay it's still just as usable as ever. I could click near the max ROF manually for long enough to generally kill someone, and it hasn't really changed for that, but mapping fire to mousewheel and spinning wildly the spread is all over the place and I actually kill slower.

Cronyx
Apr 23, 2011
http://imgur.com/a/VXOCq

squad wanted me to post this, there was more but my buffer didn't go back that far. One of them can fill in the story, I'm too tired and going to bed.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

So were they a Rage Against The Machine fan-clan or something?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Cronyx posted:

http://imgur.com/a/VXOCq

squad wanted me to post this, there was more but my buffer didn't go back that far. One of them can fill in the story, I'm too tired and going to bed.

oh hey, there's my conversation with fallout about dolton broadwing parts

I love treating your drop/their drop as item hold missions. It's incredible how wound up the opposition can get about that.

The kicker is that lou is wrong; if neither side drops it's a tie.

bakageta
Apr 30, 2011

Not always. Some of the your drop / their drop missions will end in a win or loss if no one drops the package, but I'm not certain which ones they are specifically. There's at least one where crims win if no one drops it, and one where enfs win if no one drops it. In these missions, if enforcers were defending on the next to last stage, they'll win if crims don't drop the package, even if no one drops it, and vice versa if the crims were defending.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cabbit posted:

Oh yeah, that thing is baller as gently caress, it's just that any form of LTL places you at such an incredible disadvantage that it's not worth using unless your entire team is rolling it. The reason you don't see more of it is that it requires unlocking by leveling Cop role, and most enfs won't even consider taking up LTL when they can just shoot the crim instead.

If you get good with it it's a great gun to have but most of the time it's just not worth the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I was rolling with it last night in just random groups with lethal pubbies and I seemed to acquit myself with it well enough. I had about as many kills with it as arrests, though. Actually won enough missions to move up to silver threat, for the first time ever, so that's something.

• Locked thread