Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

It's the cancer symbol necklace that is :psyduck:ing me out the most, to be honest. What does it meeeeeeeeeean

It looks like the same kind Redglare had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sgt. Crotchburn posted:

So yeah... That tumblr blog that redirects from blue-lookers-nude.com? I sort of own it.

To be fair, I didn't buy the URL or even want it. I woke up this morning and suddenly it was a thing. I do know who did it though.

your really creepy m8

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Sezza posted:

It looks like the same kind Redglare had.
I know! But why! Whyyyyyyy!

It probably involves a great deal of shenanigans.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Twitter reminded me that Roxy was able to see dead pre-scratch Dave, etc, when she was traveling through the dreambubbles. In theory there's no reason this couldn't be a pre-scratch Mindfang from a doomed timeline? We don't really know anything about pre-scratch Sufferer, so she could be wearing that symbol for a variety of reasons. Maybe I am the only one that did not get all this immediately. But if we're going to be meeting dead pre-scratch trolls that is basically twelve new characters, so, hopefully I am wrong.

Edit: Actually presumably she'd be wearing that symbol for pre-scratch Karkat instead of the Sufferer. So, with pre-scratch Ancestors-as-kids and trolls-as-Ancestors that's more like 24 new characters.

Everett False fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 19, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is there a reason can't just assume it was Alpha Dave asleep on the meteor like Rose?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Li'l Mindfang (or as some circles are calling her, Kindfang) is kind of a rockabilly. :3:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm not even worrying about this. It's not something we're supposed to be able to figure out now, so I'm just gonna sit back and wait till we have more information.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Nate RFB posted:

Is there a reason can't just assume it was Alpha Dave asleep on the meteor like Rose?

He's wearing a god tier outfit, so it probably is meteor Dave. That said, I don't expect any bubbles got erased. I guess dead Dave is most likely just still hanging out having lovely rapoffs with Tavros instead of doing anything we particularly need to see.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I thought Mindfang was implied to have sympathies for the Sufferer in her diary. This doesn't seem that surprising to me.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Midnight Raider posted:

That was my theory, but everyone was quick to dismiss the fact that her hairstyle bears an interesting resemblance to the shape of John's.. Hussie has done much stranger things than a bit of simple future ectobiology. :pirate:

Obviously a slightly different hairstyle is evidence that John and Vriska somehow have aready-dead troll babies and

Oh wait it means nothing.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Didn't some pesterlog somewhere say that there's big list of symbols trolls use, and that they get used multiple times? What if that's just, like, some entirely different Scorpio troll?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
We are never going to finish this act in time for new year's, are we?

Not that that's a bad thing at all but still...

edit: Man I did not see that cancer symbol at all the first time I read this. :psyduck:

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 19, 2012

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Hanky Church posted:

Wow, apparently I've been way off this entire time. I thought Echidna's deal/Scratches just flipped ancestor/kids, so I've been working under the assumption that they've all just switched ancestor/kids positions three times as Original (John/Karkat crews as ancestors vs. Jane/Sufferer as kids) Troll Scratch (The setup for Acts 1-5) and then Human Scratch (Back to original set up, with John/Karkat groups as ancestors and Jane/Sufferer as kids).

The thing is this actually makes a bit of sense. Not a lot of sense since I don't think the Scratch is a toggle that switches between two universal instances, but if, like some people worry might be the case, the universe the kids make is actually A1, then it's possible.

The way UU talks about the kids and the game implies pretty heavily she's in the universe that they'll create. But the thing is, they know about the kids' adventures and they know about the game, it seems to be an ingrained part of their cosmology. The trolls of A1 were terrible at the game and had to scratch it, but having this wealth of information doesn't really seem like a set-up for failure. I think UU is in a completely different universe from the others so far, even if it does seem a bit odd to see the end of the universe the kids haven't even created yet.

As for Li'l Mindfang?

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not even worrying about this. It's not something we're supposed to be able to figure out now, so I'm just gonna sit back and wait till we have more information.

Yeah. I'm gonna subscribe to this theory. The same thing I did with UU until we found out a bit more!

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
So I know everyone's leaning toward some combination of Mindfang/Pre-Scratch Mindfang/Aged-Up Dead Vriska but here's a thought: What if this is the Beta Vriska that went up against Jack Noir? We never found out what happened to her, and three years of doomed-ness could plausibly bring about an interest in fashio okay no this is stupid.

Starmaker posted:

I think UU is in a completely different universe from the others so far, even if it does seem a bit odd to see the end of the universe the kids haven't even created yet.

Up until now I figured she was in the universe the post-scratch kids help to create (hence why she reveres them as gods and stuff), but with the advent of this Maybe Possibly Mindfang thing I really don't know anymore. I will say though, if she is pre-scratch Mindfang then I am definitely looking forward to seeing the bizarro versions of the other ancestors. It's something fun to think about amongst all the jack-poo poo knowing, anyway. Just imagine how laid-back their Karkat is :allears:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is awfully convenient how many new trolls are showing up, considering how few are left. I don't mean that in a bad way! There just might be some crazy troll "reunion" of sorts in the works.

I hope before the comic is over Karkat meets the Condesce face-to-face, that would be...symbolic on so many levels.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Cabbit posted:

Didn't some pesterlog somewhere say that there's big list of symbols trolls use, and that they get used multiple times? What if that's just, like, some entirely different Scorpio troll?

When Vriska was telling John about how she found Mindfang's journal, she said each caste has a huge alphabet of symbols. She said when another troll has the same sign as you, it indicates you have a special connection with them.

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 19, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Something I didn't notice because of being distacted distracted by the maybe Mindfang stuff is that the volcano is starting to erupt in the latest panel.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Boneless Jogger posted:

Something I didn't notice because of being distacted distracted by the maybe Mindfang stuff is that the volcano is starting to erupt in the latest panel.
There was just a dragon flying near it during the flash, that could have something to do with it as well.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TVs Ian posted:

There was just a dragon flying near it during the flash, that could have something to do with it as well.

The volcano has actually been in that same state of sort-of bubbling over since Jake first left the forest (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006148), so who knows if it's significant.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Oh no! It's a What Pumpkin Official Merch™ cosplayer!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I'd like to point out that this new character apparently has vampire fangs like Kanaya. Just throwin that out there.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Zorak posted:

I'd like to point out that this new character apparently has vampire fangs like Kanaya. Just throwin that out there.

Vriska has big pointy fangs too, though, doesn't she?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zorak posted:

It's actually a pretty important physical characteristic of Mindfang.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Trolls generally have sharp teeth, don't they?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Nate RFB posted:

I know! But why! Whyyyyyyy!

It probably involves a great deal of shenanigans.

By this point, it should honestly be "Homestuck: Kids, Fun, and Temporal Shenanigans".

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Pastrymancy posted:

But only a few seem to have fangs.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Vriska has definitely always had some degree of fangs, even in her sprite. These do appear to be a bit more prominent I suppose though.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Really hard to tell who this is, but considering how many potential relations and love stories float around the characters of Vriska and Jake, the idea of the two of them having some sort of connection is pretty funny. Also yeah, Jake's blue lady fetish basically obliged him to run into Vriska at some point.

The trolls are uniformly grey regardless of blood colour, though, so maybe her being a blue troll doesn't really mean much?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Pastrymancy posted:

Aradia begs to differ.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Why are some people supposing that this is a new character and not 3-years-older ghost Vriska?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nilbop posted:

Why are some people supposing that this is a new character and not 3-years-older ghost Vriska?

Because she has red shoes and Mindfang also had red shoes.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Nilbop posted:

Because I have a hard time seeing Vriska suddenly becoming a Karkat/Signless fangirl.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Walliard posted:

Because I have a hard time seeing Vriska suddenly becoming a Karkat/Signless fangirl.

She's had 3 years to finish that not-a-complete-bitch arc of hers people keep going on about.

If that is her.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It just makes a lot of sense to me that Vriska, as we know her, would develop a rockabilly-style sense of fashion in her teen years.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Walliard posted:

This is the kicker for me. If it was just dead vanilla Vriska that seems unlikely.

Changing glasses has also kind of been A Thing with regards to alternate versions of characters. See the differences between John/Jake/Jade/Jane.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

That and... why would you age as a ghost? Seems more like being a ghost in this universe means you're stuck in a snapshot version of yourself when you died, but since you can still interact with other [dead] people, well, who knows.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I just assumed that if it was Vriska, she'd still have her eyepatch and roboarm, even if she could get older. I guess that's probably a silly assumption on my part, but it just doesn't seem like Vriska to me.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

My crazy theory is that this is UU`s brother.While UU has long horns and likes to write fanfics her brother has short or no horns and cosplays.
One troll for Derse and the other for Prospit.
UU watches skaia clouds while her brother communes with horrorterrors and does "Blackout" stuff.
Both would know allot of details about the figures of legend and would know how to meddle with them for whatever reasons.
It rhymes like poetry.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The short hair and the glasses shape make me think there's a bit of Terezi in the genetic mix, just like how the human relatives are combinations of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

I just assumed that if it was Vriska, she'd still have her eyepatch and roboarm, even if she could get older. I guess that's probably a silly assumption on my part, but it just doesn't seem like Vriska to me.

The exact mechanics behind ghosts in Homestuck are still really vague and confusing, but at the time of her death, Vriska had two arms and two eyes.