Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Ze Pollack posted:

The lengths I'll go to for a quick joke.

Man, you say quick joke, but that's pretty spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Hahaha, I should have known it would be the spirograph. That's drat near perfect, especially since they are generated from a single line.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Sgt. Crotchburn posted:

So yeah... That tumblr blog that redirects from blue-lookers-nude.com? I sort of own it.

To be fair, I didn't buy the URL or even want it. I woke up this morning and suddenly it was a thing. I do know who did it though.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Haha, we've finally made it.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

Twitter reminded me that Roxy was able to see dead pre-scratch Dave, etc, when she was traveling through the dreambubbles. In theory there's no reason this couldn't be a pre-scratch Mindfang from a doomed timeline?

I know this post was incorrect in some respects, but I realised something while reading it. Wouldn't that explain that godtier Karkat with dream Nepeta as well, Roxy stumbling upon a pre-Scratch Signless and Disciple? That would require the Signless to have the same class and aspect as Karkat, but given that Darkleer was implied to have Void powers ancestor-progeny class match-ups don't seem out of the question.

Of course doomed timelines and general shenanigans are likely as well, but it's a thought.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I think my biggest question about dream bubbles is, how many are there? Because it seems to me that there's only one giant dream bubble.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

thanks alot assbag posted:

I think my biggest question about dream bubbles is, how many are there? Because it seems to me that there's only one giant dream bubble.

I think the idea is that there are many to start with but as the bubbles intersect and the dead/dreaming interact with each other, it becomes one giant bubble that continues to get bigger. For example, beta Dave's bubble originally just had him in it, but then Tavros came around to bug him. Someone else might have come in to bother Tavros, or Jade had a dream that involved beta Dave, which opened his bubble up to anyone that Jade was already interacting with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And It (vriskachat) Don't Stop

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
eB + aG: Yeah!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Vriskachat, so yeah, I got a new sample library. Take a guess what instrument. This was just to break it in and see if my orchestral samples would play well with it. It's not properly mixed yet, but I just wanted to plop a rough draft here for now.

If only I could have made this song six weeks ago...

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

TOAST7312 posted:

...Why isn't this fan-art already?

Late to the party and already beaten, but:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

That is very good, but I'm left wonder which is funnier: Vriska tormenting someone, or someone in a Vriska mask tormenting someone.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Bobulus posted:

That is very good, but I'm left wonder which is funnier: Vriska tormenting someone, or someone in a Vriska mask tormenting someone.

Vriska in a Vriska mask tormenting someone.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
E: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lady of the Beech posted:

:psypop:

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Late to the party and already beaten, but:

I'm going to go with Bobulus on this one; Picture is hilarious, but equally so is the vriska mask torture concept.

The expressions are just fantastic though! I almost wish I hadn't already gotten my new avatar. I'm cool with Vriska Time, though. Still, better late then never. Thanks!

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 20, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is my trigger.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

(Everything about it)

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

This is my trigger.

Oh, poo poo, we should really be more sensitive.

Yeah, I don't understand where UU fits into the equation. Maybe she doesn't.

EDIT: Although UU is presumably outside of the universe loop, I assume that since she is able to communicate to the Scratched kids that there is still a way to travel there. Hopefully that's not how it works for Lord English.

A crazy theory just occurred to me. What if the kids do, in fact, make universe A1? Pretty lovely right, because then the A1 trolls make A2 make B1 make B2 make A1 and it's just a terrible nihilistic loop.

But what if the Troll ancestors aren't the only ones playing? What if UU and her brother are in a separate session? We don't really know why the A1 trolls failed, but it's mentioned their failure was more systemic: they needed their own universe scratched in order to even exist. But maybe UU and her brother don't. Maybe they succeed. Maybe they make a new universe into which all the kids and everyone else can escape, having successfully trapped LE in an endless loop.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Starmaker posted:

A crazy theory just occurred to me. What if the kids do, in fact, make universe A1? Pretty lovely right, because then the A1 trolls make A2 make B1 make B2 make A1 and it's just a terrible nihilistic loop.

But what if the Troll ancestors aren't the only ones playing? What if UU and her brother are in a separate session? We don't really know why the A1 trolls failed, but it's mentioned their failure was more systemic: they needed their own universe scratched in order to even exist. But maybe UU and her brother don't. Maybe they succeed. Maybe they make a new universe into which all the kids and everyone else can escape, having successfully trapped LE in an endless loop.

Adding to this is that one page about Complacency of the Learned which mentioned that Calmasis (who everyone likes to link to UU) lead 12 fellow disciples (who all ended up dying), and was somehow able to win against Zazzerpan despite having, by all appearances, lost.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Starmaker posted:

It could also be something like the kids clone their Genesis Frog. After all, they pretty much have infinite grist at this point with the B1 Kids + B2 Kids + Trolls pooling their resources together. One would be used for making UU's universe and one for the Troll A1 universe. They use the B1 Skaia to create UU's because it's complete, while the new Battlefield forms A1 universe because it's based on a very incomplete Skaia, thus giving English room to create a major glitch in the A1 SBurb when it comes time for him to do so. However, English is trapped in an infinite loop, and thus can never harm UU's universe and the universes it spawns. John and friends would seed both universes with things like a Matriorb in order to ensure that A1 would have the Trolls in it and to let the Trolls live and grow in UU's session like they were supposed to in A1. It would also let UU's universe create their own new universe via SBurb that's based on the A1 society's morals without English loving everything up for his reasons.

The only flaw with this is that there needs to be a way to redirect English to the A1 universe instead of UU's. Maybe he can't infiltrate UU's universe because it would be made from a "foreign" Skaia?

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 20, 2012

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

closeted republican posted:

It could also be something like the kids clone their Genesis Frog. After all, they pretty much have infinite grist at this point with the B1 Kids + B2 Kids + Trolls pooling their resources together. One would be used for making UU's universe and one for the Troll A1 universe. They use the B1 Skaia to create UU's because it's complete, while the new Battlefield forms A1 universe because it's based on a very incomplete Skaia, thus giving English room to create a major glitch in the A1 SBurb when it comes time for him to do so. However, English is trapped in an infinite loop, and thus can never harm UU's universe and the universes it spawns. John and friends would seed both universes with things like a Matriorb in order to ensure that A1 would have the Trolls in it and to let the Trolls live and grow in UU's session like they were supposed to in A1. It would also let UU's universe create their own new universe via SBurb that's based on the A1 society's morals without English loving everything up for his reasons.
I'm fairly certain this won't work. There's supposed to be something inside Skaia that will allow the players' Bilious Slick to become a new universe, however because of...something...the B1 kids' universe had a tumor in there instead. So the B1+B2 kids combo would only have one fertile Skaia. Now, the question thus becomes: can one Skaia be used twice?

quote:

The only flaw with this is that there needs to be a way to redirect English to the A1 universe instead of UU's. Maybe he can't infiltrate UU's universe because it would be made from a "foreign" Skaia?

If I understand your idea correctly (and my point above is wrong), wouldn't the new A1 universe be from the "foreign" Skaia?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

I'm fairly certain this won't work. There's supposed to be something inside Skaia that will allow the players' Bilious Slick to become a new universe, however because of...something...the B1 kids' universe had a tumor in there instead. So the B1+B2 kids combo would only have one fertile Skaia. Now, the question thus becomes: can one Skaia be used twice?

If I understand your idea correctly (and my point above is wrong), wouldn't the new A1 universe be from the "foreign" Skaia?

If the B1 Skaia is worthless, then why did Jade take it along with her? I'm sure it wasn't just so she would hang out with the few surviving Carapaces and the Sprites on a Prospit ship. For all we know, removing the Tumor could help restart the "universe creation" aspect of Skaia or something in the B2 universe could help restart it. Weirder things have happened in Homestuck. :v:

My hypothetical idea is:

B1 Skaia = UU's universe.
B2 Skaia = A1 universe. Lord English goes into this universe and gets trapped in an endless loop.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

closeted republican posted:

If the B1 Skaia is worthless, then why did Jade take it along with her? I'm sure it wasn't just so she would hang out with the few surviving Carapaces and the Sprites on a Prospit ship. For all we know, removing the Tumor could help restart the "universe creation" aspect of Skaia or something in the B2 universe could help restart it. Weirder things have happened in Homestuck. :v:
Well, I don't remember the exact details of the agreement Jade made with her denizen, but it might have something to do with that.

quote:

My hypothetical idea is:

B1 Skaia = UU's universe.
B2 Skaia = A1 universe. Lord English goes into this universe and gets trapped in an endless loop.

Right. That's how I understood it. It's an interesting idea, anyways. We'll just have to wait and see.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

Well, I don't remember the exact details of the agreement Jade made with her denizen, but it might have something to do with that.

Right. That's how I understood it. It's an interesting idea, anyways. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks. Even if it doesn't play out like how I think it will, I think something to the effect of "Lord English is quarantined from the rest of the universes via something like a time loop or a dud SBurb session he can't have someone Scratch. This will free everybody else (like UU's universe) from him and his influence forever, allowing them to use SBurb like it was originally intended instead of being a tool for LE to infiltrate and destroy universes." is going to be how he'll be "defeated" in the story.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
Isn't it simply possible, instead of an infinite loop from the land of stumps and dismay, that the Ancestor's ectobiological creation originated with the trolls from the A2 session in much the same way people theorize that the current B2 kids originated from the B1 ectobiological session?

I mean, their universe was reset but they still exist despite the timeline that created them no longer existing. If the troll's ancestors were similarly split on their meteors to go to both A1 and A2, that effectively creates a stable time loop.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Fandom sure is fast guys.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

of bees posted:

Fandom sure is fast guys.

There was at least 144 pieces of fanart posted within 12 hours of the update. :pwn:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

TOAST7312 posted:

Isn't it simply possible, instead of an infinite loop from the land of stumps and dismay, that the Ancestor's ectobiological creation originated with the trolls from the A2 session in much the same way people theorize that the current B2 kids originated from the B1 ectobiological session?

I mean, their universe was reset but they still exist despite the timeline that created them no longer existing. If the troll's ancestors were similarly split on their meteors to go to both A1 and A2, that effectively creates a stable time loop.

This is what I think occurred. I seem to recall Doc Scratch mentioning the A1 Trolls not having been spawned in their universe. I took this to mean they HAD to scratch their session, as their very existence was a paradox

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

YggiDee posted:

I have good news and bad news, glug:

You're about page 1000 out of 4500.

On one hand, that's an rear end-ton of reading. Like, goddamn!

On the other hand, if you have enjoyed what you are reading so far, then there is more. :)

I'm loving it and trying not to read the thread until I catch up. Wow.. for the first time, I have a date.

I'm at the one year recap, April 2009-April 2010, meaning I'm at less than the half way point :)

Already there's so much going on where there are like 5 instances of other stories or characters that are like alternate timeline/universe analogues of the same characters and it's confusing and wonderful at the same time. This guy might have mental disorders but at least he's able to express them on a website :)

:monocle:

holy poo poo.
The defensive mechanism on Skaia to deflect the Veil meteor attack is to open portals that deflect the meteors through time and space, presumably to the planets that are destroyed and also create players. Jesus, all this self-referential circular timey-wimey analog stuff is delicious.

glug fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 20, 2012

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.

Ze Pollack posted:

For those of you who cannot grasp this shape, a primer has been provided.
not nearly as confusing as other primers

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

glug posted:

holy poo poo.
The defensive mechanism on Skaia to deflect the Veil meteor attack is to open portals that deflect the meteors through time and space, presumably to the planets that are destroyed and also create players. Jesus, all this self-referential circular timey-wimey analog stuff is delicious.

If you like that then you're going to love Homestuck. You are going to love the poo poo out of it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

glug posted:

I'm loving it and trying not to read the thread until I catch up. Wow.. for the first time, I have a date.

I'm at the one year recap, April 2009-April 2010, meaning I'm at less than the half way point :)

Already there's so much going on where there are like 5 instances of other stories or characters that are like alternate timeline/universe analogues of the same characters and it's confusing and wonderful at the same time. This guy might have mental disorders but at least he's able to express them on a website :)

holy poo poo.

Soon you'll discover that the ouroboros is in fact made out of other ouroboros'. Forever.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

Indie Rocktopus posted:

I discovered something, and I wanted very badly to share it. This is what finally got me to go for an account after lurking for months and months. I will probably post very little after this, but I needed to show this to men and women of discerning taste:

I was listening to "Watch the Throne" and happened to scroll past the Well Manicured Man's avatar, and noticed something. Try this: turn off the volume on [s] Prince of Heart: Rise Up and synch it up Kanye West and Jay-Z's "Niggas in Paris". This is easiest if you have a Mac, where you can hit the "replay" button on the flash and the "play" button on your keyboard simultaneously.

...apologies for interrupting. Hope you enjoy, and that I did not post something silly and inconsequential. Carry on.

This fits bizarrely well and is also awesome. Glad you found it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

glug posted:

holy poo poo.
haha

ahahahaha

By way of comparison here, let's say for instance that the sum total of self-perpetuating gimcrackery in Homestuck is more or less equivalent to the Challenger Deeps. Where you are, right now, is like those guys that went down in the Trieste for about twenty minutes, peeked out a window, and declared the whole mishegas "some serious poo poo" before bugging out.

Which is to say if you love the proceedings thus far you are in for a treat. a series of treats. shoveled unrelentingly at your face by some stony faced matron in a hair net who ignores your pleas for mercy. eat up, boyo.

e: Which is all to say it's charming at first but really the story's fascination with ever-increasing levels of recursive complexity gets real old after a certain point. Seriously this poo poo needs slash-and-burn style editing.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 20, 2012

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Seoinin posted:

haha

ahahahaha

By way of comparison here, let's say for instance that the sum total of self-perpetuating gimcrackery in Homestuck is more or less equivalent to the Challenger Deeps. Where you are, right now, is like those guys that went down in the Trieste for about twenty minutes, peeked out a window, and declared the whole mishegas "some serious poo poo" before bugging out.

Which is to say if you love the proceedings thus far you are in for a treat. a series of treats. shoveled unrelentingly at your face by some stony faced matron in a hair net who ignores your pleas for mercy. eat up, boyo.

e: Which is all to say it's charming at first but really the story's fascination with ever-increasing levels of recursive complexity gets real old after a certain point. Seriously this poo poo needs slash-and-burn style editing.

Stable time loops and the like are pretty much what make Homestuck what it is. Part of the fun of being a serial reader is seeing what minor detail will actually be a part of a big plot point later on.

Nutsack Delinquent
Feb 20, 2012

by Ozmaugh
was snax really banned for having an "underage rape blog" :ughh:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Nutsack Delinquent posted:

was snax really banned for having an "underage rape blog" :ughh:

Saying that you own the website without providing any context or explanation isn't going to give anyone the right impression.

Nutsack Delinquent
Feb 20, 2012

by Ozmaugh

Walliard posted:

Saying that you own the website without providing any context or explanation isn't going to give anyone the right impression.

she didn't just come in and say it out of the blue. the context was someone the blue-lookers-nude.com domain and linked it to her and she was clearing up that she wasn't the one who did it

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nutsack Delinquent posted:

she didn't just come in and say it out of the blue. the context was someone the blue-lookers-nude.com domain and linked it to her and she was clearing up that she wasn't the one who did it

But she does, in fact, own Asstuck. Is that correct?

Nutsack Delinquent
Feb 20, 2012

by Ozmaugh

King of Solomon posted:

But she does, in fact, own Asstuck. Is that correct?

yeah. she owns the hilarious fanventure where jadesprite's dogdick goes :a2m: in anonymous kanaya, while both of them are 18 and loving it. better ban her

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh, no. What's happening here?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Can we... not discuss that stuff here? It doesn't much belong and I don't particularly want to hear about it. I mean draw whatever cartoon porn you like, but this isn't the cartoon porn thread and I'm sure people who want to read the cartoon porn thread can go elsewhere to do so. Regardless, if it's of someone else's underage characters (even if they're upaged so it's totally okay you guys) it probably is best not to out yourself as the person behind it. What thought process would lead to doing that? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsack Delinquent
Feb 20, 2012

by Ozmaugh

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Can we... not discuss that stuff here? It doesn't much belong and I don't particularly want to hear about it. I mean draw whatever cartoon porn you like, but this isn't the cartoon porn thread and I'm sure people who want to read the cartoon porn thread can go elsewhere to do so. Regardless, if it's of someone else's underage characters (even if they're upaged so it's totally okay you guys) it probably is best not to out yourself as the person behind it. What thought process would lead to doing that? :psyduck:

she thought she'd make it clear that she didn't buy the domain. that's all