Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
I personally fair better with the CCG than the NL9, but the NL9 for me is definitely a viable alternative. I just find myself wanting automatic fire and a bit closer range of attacking versus the longer range NL9, pump action shotgun-like quality of it.

As Songbearer was saying, your success at LtL will increase when you're with other group members with LtL. Mix up the CCG and NL9 and you'll be quite formidable and not to mention little to no stun kills! (I get like half of my stuns killed. I'd be cop rank 15 now instead of a lowly 12 :argh: )
If I'm ever on, (NA-East Joker: Jaquai) I'd be more then happy to group up with someone for some LtL action :dance:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I am not a number, I am a free man!

Also I am starting to get better at this game, a week ago ago I wouldn't have been surprised if my kills and deaths here were reversed. :)

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Cronyx posted:

http://imgur.com/a/VXOCq

squad wanted me to post this, there was more but my buffer didn't go back that far. One of them can fill in the story, I'm too tired and going to bed.

I had recently turned gold and wanted to lose a few missions to drop back to silver.

Decided to be an rear end and ran with the packages. It was one of the missions where there are 3 briefcases and you need to deliver 2. I took 2 of them and went to the other side of the map. I guess that pissed off Lou a lot.

Thank you for posting.

mpyro fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 20, 2012

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Decided to do a screenshot collage of all my current cars:

Huge version here. I also have a Bastion themed Fresno, but it's in the bank currently since I wanted my Moirai :3:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cronyx posted:

http://imgur.com/a/VXOCq

squad wanted me to post this, there was more but my buffer didn't go back that far. One of them can fill in the story, I'm too tired and going to bed.

You can press the chat options button and then 'Save Chat Log'

grnberet2b
Aug 12, 2008

less than three posted:

You can press the chat options button and then 'Save Chat Log'

I also learned last night that the game keeps a temporary chat log while you play so, as long as you haven't logged in since, you can go to the logs folder and get the chat log for your last session.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I regret not finishing a custom cisco project with 100/100 layers looking like a big terrifyingly real dick.

I am literally five years old.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

I think that lou is the one who used to group with Shelledfade.

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

I regret not finishing a custom cisco project with 100/100 layers looking like a big terrifyingly real dick.

I will pay you real life monies to finish this and give me one.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Has anyone maxed the snubby rank from this Valentine's Day event? Kind of doubt I can get 150 kills by the end.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrLonghair posted:

Don't forget the pubes.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Songbearer posted:

Decided to do a screenshot collage of all my current cars:

[TIMG]CARS[/TIMG]

Huge version here. I also have a Bastion themed Fresno, but it's in the bank currently since I wanted my Moirai :3:

Is there some trick to getting stuff to stretch well across multiple planes? My poo poo always clips through the vehicle in weird ways.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

So I'm trying to drop my rank to silver, since I was a silver 8 before they did their voodoo magic and suddenly decided I was gold. Is there some sort of internal ranking with that, or is a silver just a silver?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Novasol posted:

So I'm trying to drop my rank to silver, since I was a silver 8 before they did their voodoo magic and suddenly decided I was gold. Is there some sort of internal ranking with that, or is a silver just a silver?

Silver is just a silver.

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
My favorite loadout ever is : OSMAW, the 1 shot LTL sidearm(any will work, I just prefer this one), and percussion nades. You're kind of a glass cannon, but you are guaranteed to take home a positive kd/r and more than likely a couple arrests too. Just drive up to your victum, OSMAW their feet, perc nade any survivors, and finish off with your sidearm if there's anything left.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cabbit posted:

Is there some trick to getting stuff to stretch well across multiple planes? My poo poo always clips through the vehicle in weird ways.

Using the mouth on the Monster T-25 as an example, it's just a case of having multiple decals. I had one decal for the front of the mouth and another one for the corners which I put on the sides, stretching just around the corner of the hood to meet the mouth, then mirrored it. You'll notice a small seam where the corner meets the actual mouth in the big version of the picture, but it's only visible if you're looking for it.

If you wanted to make an image that decently wraps around a car, it might be a good idea to design your decal as a whole, save it, then delete layers to seperate it into sections and save them individually. You can then reapply it to your car section by section, lining up and applying it as seamlessly as possible.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Akion posted:

Silver is just a silver.

No, behind the scenes the old threat system is still there with 10 ranks per tier (bronze/silver/gold) it's not just not displayed to us plebs.

keeb posted:

OSMAW + percs

You are the worst kind of human

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Earlier today I went 6-0 using an osmaw and percs :smug:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Am I retarded or do we only get two outfit slots? I see 10 on the inventory screen when using my resupply thing, but only 2 when making outfits?

I just got the desire to make my guy look like Jerry Garcia and roll around in a Fresno blaring "Can't Get High" by Widespread Panic, but this will take one of my two outfit slots.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Retard in APB posted:

Log: [District][LOU2K12]: U MAD?
Log: [District][Blazin420]: ROFL BADDIES
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: exploiters lose
Log: [District][Fai]: nope, gg
Log: [District][Blazin420]: TRIED TO RUN WITH PACKAGES THOUGHT THEY COULD WIN ROFL
Log: [District][Blazin420]: TRIED TO RUN WITH PACKAGES THOUGHT THEY COULD WIN ROFL
Log: [District][Blazin420]: loving HORRIBADS
Log: [Clan][HuntingHound]: fai what are you doing to these poor children
Log: [District][Blazin420]: rofl there so mad
Log: [Clan][Fai]: I ran away with the packages and made them rage
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: yup
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: he's trolling me by not letting me get arrests
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: Sure is mad in here. Going to have to turn on the mad conditioner.
Log: [District][Fai]: Nah, im fine. You were the one raging
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: SOMETHING LAWFUL exploiting to try to win, epic fail, gg gt you suck
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: SOMETHING LAWFUL exploiting to try to win, epic fail, gg gt you suck
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: unlock?
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: you mean paid
Log: [District][Blazin420]: lolololaol
Log: [Clan][Fai]: lou2k12 is calling us a exploiters for running with the packages
Log: [District][RussianVigiliant]: rage?
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: What were we "exploiting" eactly, other than exploiting the fact that you're terrible?
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: how do you unlock parts other than cop ranks?
Log: [District][Blazin420]: we won baddie
Log: [Clan][Elathia]: for the broadwing, you max out mirri kent
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: FAI know if you run on YOUR DROP THEIR DROP WITH OUT DROPPING ENFORCERS WIN
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: THATS EXPLOITING
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: us terrible?
Log: [Clan][Elathia]: some other 15k cars get parts too
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: lol yeah cause we were loving with you the whole time. we wanted you to win so we could lose gold rank :P
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: did u see the SCORES?
Log: [District][TheJokerAF]: lou shut up
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: you mean you unlocked the actual car, not parts
Log: [District][Fai]: Why dont you repeat yourself a lot of times.
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: Also it's spelled "battle" not baddle
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: CRONYX u got loving rolled multiple times
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: I SAID BADDIE
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: bad- IE
Log: [District][TheChef1337]: Repeating text in district chat makes you right 100% of the time
Log: [District][TheChef1337]: Repeating text in district chat makes you right 100% of the time
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: or a preset one
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: lol rolled? you mean when i stood in one spot and let you shoot me? :P
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: we were keeping you from getting demoralized so you wouldn't quit :P
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: oh wait
Log: [District][phreakcore]: lou2k12 reminds me of the apb verison of the commerical dude... i pick things up then put em down
Log: [Clan][davesignal]: holy poo poo the vegas moves
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: lmfao you got rolled
Log: [District][TheChef1337]: TheChef1337 is not a smoke
Log: [District][TheChef1337]: TheChef1337 is not a smoke
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: lmfao you got rolled
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: are you saying, the lovely cars, you can unlock parts
Log: [District][Fai]: I think lou is 12 or something to repeat a lot
Log: [System]: Target Reward - $7 +$0
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: instead of buying them in armas?
Log: [District][vstndymimu]: wtf
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: fai is bad to try to exploit
Log: [Clan][HuntingHound]: yea
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: something lawful is jus tshit
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: What were we exploiting?
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: still havent explained that
Log: [District][vstndymimu]: oh yes
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: lmfao already explained fai knows exactly what i am talking about
Log: [System]: Target Reward - $11 +$0
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: FAI know if you run on YOUR DROP THEIR DROP WITH OUT DROPPING ENFORCERS WIN
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: exploiting missionms
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: exploiting the missions *how* exactly?
Log: [District][Fai]: Lou, why dont you cry to your mommy too. Waah the bad enforcer wouldnt let me get the package
Log: [District][Fai]: repeat yourself in district more.
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: UHM we got it, you lost, eventhough you tried to
Log: [District][Blazin420]: ur right
Log: [District][Blazin420]: the bad enforcer lol
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: cheat the system
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: you still lost
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: UHM we got it, you lost, eventhough you tried to cheat the system,. you still got facerolled
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: cheating the system how?
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: you keep using new adjectives but not qualifiying them
Log: [District][Fai]: Lou, sounds like you are mad.
Log: [Clan][Fai]: haha this lou2k12 is a loser
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: running out the clock isn't cheating
Log: [Clan][HuntingHound]: we're against him now
Log: [Clan][Fai]: same with blazin
Log: [Clan][CronyxRavage]: lol nice
Log: [Clan][CronyxRavage]: gently caress him up
Log: [Clan][HuntingHound]: yep
Log: [Clan][CronyxRavage]: troll to oblivion
Log: [Clan][HuntingHound]: well hes osmawin us
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: our drop their drop, keeping items and running out time to exploit a win although you didnt complete the objecetive
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: exploit
Log: [Clan][Falloutqq]: careful, he's also got a 100% accurate FBW-silenced
Log: [Tutorial]: Missions: The mission status information contains important information related to your mission and will be updated as the mission progresses. In most missions, your objective will have a target marker to lead you to it.
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: yeah i'm not following your logic.
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: that's not exploiting, thats running out the clock
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: you were on offense, we were defense
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: you'll have to link me to a terms of service article we broke
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: we win by not letting you win
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: wrong thats not completing the objective adn still winning because mission is bugged
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: mission isn't bugged, it's written that way
Log: [Clan][HuntingHound]: come poo poo on him
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: 3v1 without ammo g1 newbs
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: lol so bad
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: you mad?
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: whole clan is poo poo, where you recruit? wallmart?
Log: [District][CronyxRavage]: You Are This Mad
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: walmart is spelt with one L
Log: [District][TheChef1337]: You mad? Get mad
Log: [District][phreakcore]: man you mad lou its ok bro its a game
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: lol you so bad
Log: [Clan][Fai]: lou so mad
Log: [District][Fai]: lou so so mad
Log: [District][Falloutqq]: kid so butt raped
Log: [District][LOU2K12]: we bad but u got raped, g1
Sorry for the wall of text.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

APB is such a delightfully refreshing reminder of how misogynistic and homophobic gamers are as a subculture. I'd forgotten how truly awful they are, tucked away in the bubble of sane people I try to surround myself with in WoW.

Edit: Also, constantly being in a group of r50s going up against a pile of 195s, and the subsequent stomping this entails, is getting really loving tiresome. Is there any way to avoid this poo poo?

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 21, 2012

bakageta
Apr 30, 2011

QQmore posted:

Has anyone maxed the snubby rank from this Valentine's Day event? Kind of doubt I can get 150 kills by the end.

I finished the primary role last Wednesday, and Snubby Love on Saturday. I ended up doing ~120 kills in one day on Snubby Love, if you're persistent it's doable. I found it easiest to get a JG, tag them 1-2 times, and swap to the snubnose. Also, fight club is your friend here.

Akion posted:

Silver is just a silver.

Not true at all. There's a numerical threat value from -100 to +62 still, and matchmaking uses this number. The displayed threat includes a very wide range, which is why you can get in a match that's 2v2 with all golds but one side has the option to call backup.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
My gimmick was one shot with the csg in close then quick shooting with the snubby.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

bakageta posted:

I finished the primary role last Wednesday, and Snubby Love on Saturday. I ended up doing ~120 kills in one day on Snubby Love, if you're persistent it's doable. I found it easiest to get a JG, tag them 1-2 times, and swap to the snubnose. Also, fight club is your friend here.

I had both roles maxed on 11th. I tried using PMG and switching, but I found counting bullets tiresome, so I just switched to CCG and stunned my snubby victims before killing them.
I stayed away from fight club, too many people stealing my kills.

bakageta
Apr 30, 2011

I'm a crim, so I didn't have the option of stun then snub, if you're an enf that works great in missions.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

mpyro posted:

Sorry for the wall of text.

I arrested LOU2K12 twice earlier while intentionally trying to do poorly and ditch my gold rank. I think that got to him.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Made it to rank 3 on my own, 1/100 to go but ya. No more tonight. On the bright side my time in the waterfront fight club's helped me in figuring how to best flank. And alternating loathing and appreciation for what a snubby can do. And I thought LtL was hard.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

So hypothetically let's say I didn't want to be a gold anymore. What would be the most expedient way of fixing that?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Novasol posted:

So hypothetically let's say I didn't want to be a gold anymore. What would be the most expedient way of fixing that?

Go LTL. :v:

Or lose a billion missions.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Novasol posted:

Thanks to the new system that now ~becomes certain~ of your threat after you have played a good chunk, you will have to lose and lose hard. There have been reports from users on G1's forums claiming that even after force-closing (essentially losing) their game 50+ times they still retained their gold threat. Most of the users testing it had been playing for quite some time though, enough for the system to say "oh you're definitely gold enjoy HELL".

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
I'll just leave you guys this little gem from yesterday:
http://pastebin.com/36uCbXM7
:ssh: He had one kill and no assists, yet he calls himself a "sniper". Also, there were four of us in that match, so we're still trying to figure out, which one of us are cunts.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Captain Swing posted:

I'll just leave you guys this little gem from yesterday:
http://pastebin.com/36uCbXM7
:ssh: He had one kill and no assists, yet he calls himself a "sniper". Also, there were four of us in that match, so we're still trying to figure out, which one of us are cunts.

My name is HarryHowitzer and I'm a huge oval office and totally a "blates" aimbotter. Nevermind that the guy was standing in the same open spot every time he spawned, trying to snipe me while I easily gunned him down with my Obeya between his reloads.

Towards the end there he got shot by a P5 Gasoline after the match.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Thanks to the new system that now ~becomes certain~ of your threat after you have played a good chunk, you will have to lose and lose hard. There have been reports from users on G1's forums claiming that even after force-closing (essentially losing) their game 50+ times they still retained their gold threat. Most of the users testing it had been playing for quite some time though, enough for the system to say "oh you're definitely gold enjoy HELL".

I grouped up with Kasumi this morning. I was a gold and he was a bronze. Matchmaking put us up against a single trainee.

One.

We threw the match, going so far as to walk right up to him in the street and using the dance emote. It dropped me to silver.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

The other day I spent about 4 hours playing LTL and losing virtually every match. (I think we lost every match except 2, which we tied). Fortunately I'd only been gold for a couple months, so I eventually fell to silver. And got my cop rank up too! My 2 gold buddies are still gold, and they've been doing this for about 3 days straight, so daaaamn

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Meis posted:

The other day I spent about 4 hours playing LTL and losing virtually every match. (I think we lost every match except 2, which we tied). Fortunately I'd only been gold for a couple months, so I eventually fell to silver. And got my cop rank up too! My 2 gold buddies are still gold, and they've been doing this for about 3 days straight, so daaaamn

I should be pretty solidly silver now after a fantastic losing streak :v

Also, I am COMPLETELY broke. One of you rich goons should float me a fat sack of cash so I can use my slotted grenade launchers again.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right
NORWEGRO MOBILE. I swear that coat of arms on the hood took 2 hours...
My first car that I've really been trying to deck out.
Cronyx was a cool brosef and sent me some SA Logo art which I put on the doors and also on the back of my suit jacket.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Novasol posted:

I arrested LOU2K12 twice earlier while intentionally trying to do poorly and ditch my gold rank. I think that got to him.

I remember LOU2K12 from before. He was always loud and annoying. Well him and Shelledfade.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Novasol posted:

I should be pretty solidly silver now after a fantastic losing streak :v

Also, I am COMPLETELY broke. One of you rich goons should float me a fat sack of cash so I can use my slotted grenade launchers again.

as soon as you get 60k, start selling RS3s or CJ3s if you have them unlocked. They sell like mad, getting you a profit of 2-4k per sale if you undercut the market. That's how I've been doing it.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Meis posted:

as soon as you get 60k, start selling RS3s or CJ3s if you have them unlocked. They sell like mad, getting you a profit of 2-4k per sale if you undercut the market. That's how I've been doing it.

I'm trying to sell Nitro 3, just gotta do it more than 75000 to make any profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Novasol posted:

I grouped up with Kabuki (:colbert:) this morning. I was a gold and he was a bronze. Matchmaking put us up against a single trainee.

One.

We threw the match, going so far as to walk right up to him in the street and using the dance emote. It dropped me to silver.

Good games this morning Goons! :):respek::) I should be back on at about 9-9:30pm est.

poo poo, I just remembered that someone wanted the varsity symbols I made...

If you requested these and did not receive them, send Kabuki an in game mail.

• Locked thread