Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Urdnot Fire posted:

My favorite character only got four chapters and disappeared less than halfway into the book, so...
Davos is a bore, I wouldn't mind much if he got eaten by cannibals on Skagos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

crazypeltast52 posted:

Oh look, a Dany chapter, I wonder if she'll do anything interesting. Let's see, some stabbings the night before, some looking back and being lost, some prophecies, some bad choices, my Daario :swoon: and Oh wait, actually doing something, nah, I'll do more daydreaming about Daario.

Yeah, I hope Daario is one of the captives being slung back into Meereen.

Joramun posted:

Davos is a bore, I wouldn't mind much if he got eaten by cannibals on Skagos.

Shut your bastard mouth, Davos is The Best Hand. :colbert:

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yeah, I hope Daario is one of the captives being slung back into Meereen.
Don't worry. In WoW Daario will land on one of the dragons and seduce it with his blue beard. Then there will be a Daario/Dany/dragon threesome.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
If there is one character that deserves to die in the next book, it is Dany. Of course, since the tv series was cast and Ser Fatness clearly has a hard on for Emilia Clarke the next book will probably be 90% worthless Dany chapters. This series used to be the one that I could recommend to friends and not feel like a complete dork when doing so. Low magic, political intrigue etc. Unfortunately it has devolved into the same old lame fantasy tropes that much of the genre suffers from.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

el_brio posted:

If there is one character that deserves to die in the next book, it is Dany. Of course, since the tv series was cast and Ser Fatness clearly has a hard on for Emilia Clarke the next book will probably be 90% worthless Dany chapters. This series used to be the one that I could recommend to friends and not feel like a complete dork when doing so. Low magic, political intrigue etc. Unfortunately it has devolved into the same old lame fantasy tropes that much of the genre suffers from.

drat your sexiness, Emilia! :mad::arghfist:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Urdnot Fire posted:

Shut your bastard mouth, Davos is The Best Hand. :colbert:

Davos was ok in ADWD and I hate him as a character so that pretty much says how bad ADWD is.

Also whoever said Jon/Bran were any good you're a big stupid neep. Jon basically let himself be "killed" even though we know he's not dead and Bran was boring as poo poo because Gurm clearly intended (ha ha) for him to already be the CCTV deus ex tree exposition after that 5 year skip.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

IRQ posted:

Bran was boring as poo poo because Gurm clearly intended (ha ha) for him to already be the CCTV deus ex tree exposition after that 5 year skip.

Disney actually already taped the Game of Thrones finale 80 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTuIb7BIFqk

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

IRQ posted:

Davos was ok in ADWD and I hate him as a character so that pretty much says how bad ADWD is.

Also whoever said Jon/Bran were any good you're a big stupid neep. Jon basically let himself be "killed" even though we know he's not dead and Bran was boring as poo poo because Gurm clearly intended (ha ha) for him to already be the CCTV deus ex tree exposition after that 5 year skip.

I don't get what you meant by that first part, but at least we agree that Jon is stupid.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

el_brio posted:

Unfortunately it has devolved into the same old lame fantasy tropes that much of the genre suffers from.

I keep banging on about this, but it was always going to "devolve" into the same old lame fantasy tropes. The entire goddamned plot of the first book was about the rebirth of magic.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
The inclusion of Dany and the dragons was a huge mistake, I agree. They've been entirely useless, and without them he'd have probably just finished a tight, polished series.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I dunno man, Dany's story is still a better deconstruction of the fisher king than most, even in it's unfinished state. She frees the slaves, but manages to destroy the economy of a region. She's young, so she makes stupid decisions that would have far less serious repercussions if she wasn't a drat queen. Despite her exile status, she's still a pampered dandy who really doesn't want to have the onus of hard decisions placed on her. To compare, Dany is naive, Cersei is paranoid. They both comparably gently caress up, but for far different reasons. Plus the values dissonance of the ghiscari compared to westerosi ideals is presented in a reasonable fashion, even if most fans don't give a poo poo.

Separated from the context of the fact that's she's been supposedly going west for five books, it's a good story.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I feel like some of you are discussing ~my Daario~ ironically, which is kind of offensive to those of us who truly cherish his excellence. Please be a bit more sensitive, thanks.

Except for the poster who likes that ineffectual potato pirate Davos (more like Gay-vos!!) and wishes for the death of the sweetest prince, that poster can go gently caress themself.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

I keep banging on about this, but it was always going to "devolve" into the same old lame fantasy tropes. The entire goddamned plot of the first book was about the rebirth of magic.

It didn't need to. He could have kept the bullshit to a bare minimum. Instead we got fireproof bitches, vag demons and dragon eggs. The magic problem is just part of a bigger over-arching problem. He doesn't know when to stop. Whether its food, football, neeps, nipples, nuncles, rape or "fresh baked bread, still warm from the oven". The guy has poor impulse control and it shows in his writing and his personal life. If we ever see a new book (we won't) I would wager that it introduces a bunch of new plot lines and ideas but does little to wrap up any of his other forgotten ideas.

I think that GRRM's editor kept him in check for as long as he/she could but eventually GRRM got too "big" to manage properly and basically told to editor to sit there and shut up and let him do his thing.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

bigmcgaffney posted:

I feel like some of you are discussing ~my Daario~ ironically, which is kind of offensive to those of us who truly cherish his excellence. Please be a bit more sensitive, thanks.

Except for the poster who likes that ineffectual potato pirate Davos (more like Gay-vos!!) and wishes for the death of the sweetest prince, that poster can go gently caress themself.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And it's pronounced Dah-vos anyways.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like poo poo isn't the only thing not coming out of GRRM while he sits.

Dany: GRRM's complete opposite.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
Come on, I'm sure they'd both gently caress ~*:h:Daario:h:*~.

I still can't believe he turned Dany into "the girl who falls for the boy from the wrong side of the tracks" for ADWD. Sure you can justify it for the character, but it's so insipid. Drogo is scowling from the stars.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Yeah, after Drogo, how can she fall for goldtooth blue-dye?

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

el_brio posted:

Whether its food, football, neeps, nipples, nuncles, rape or "fresh baked bread, still warm from the oven". The guy has poor impulse control and it shows in his writing and his personal life. If we ever see a new book (we won't) I would wager that it introduces a bunch of new plot lines and ideas but does little to wrap up any of his other forgotten ideas.

A Dance with Dragons - nipples, neeps, and nuncles

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

whowhatwhere posted:

Yeah, after Drogo, how can she fall for goldtooth blue-dye?
It's not her fault. Women simply can't resist seeing a man fondle twin golden sword hilts in the shape of naked women.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
It is evident that Daario is the prince that something or another from legend(the book was so terrible I forgot what it was called). He will descend from the skies(if the fat gently caress ever finishes the books), and he will make us wonder if his penis is penetrating our anus, or our's his anus. Bloody making GBS threads anus, that is.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Medieval Medic posted:

It is evident that Daario is the prince that something or another from legend(the book was so terrible I forgot what it was called). He will descend from the skies(if the fat gently caress ever finishes the books), and he will make us wonder if his penis is penetrating our anus, or our's his anus. Bloody making GBS threads anus, that is.

Keep going. Talk about his beard. :frogc00l::fh:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Daario is everything neckbeards hate about rogue/scoundrel archetypes and is being built up (by the Princess character half the audience wants to gently caress) just to get torn down.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011
Blue three Prongued beard, Bluish gold mustachio, all a Claus could ever need or want...

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Factor_VIII posted:

It's not her fault. Women simply can't resist seeing a man fondle twin golden sword hilts in the shape of naked women.

Man, this was just unbelievable. A traveling mercenary with naked lady sword hilts seems to me like the medieval fantasy equivalent of some gross fat trucker with naked lady mudflaps.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It makes sense when you think about who Dany is-- her first love was a giant Alpha Male and defined her understanding of sexuality. After a few years dealing with fops and brutes, she's finally found a guy who meets the two in the middle and reminds her of the first man who raped showed her what love is.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...

mind the walrus posted:

Daario is everything neckbeards hate about rogue/scoundrel archetypes and is being built up (by the Princess character half the audience wants to gently caress) just to get torn down.

Oh how sweet that day will be. :allears:

Edit: Then Jorah (:black101:) can ride in and Dany will come to her senses. :colbert:

Mediant fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 22, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mediant posted:

Oh how sweet that day will be. :allears:

Edit: Then Jorah (:black101:) can ride in and Dany will come to her senses. :colbert:

Jorah is so friendzoned he's gonna be that nerd that wigs out on Dany's Facebook posting all this "all I've ever done is look after you while you dated jerks you dumb bitch A BLOO BLOO BLOO :qq: "

And then Dany will be like "lol wtf JM, you're like a bro to me BRB I've got a date with Jon Snow OMG he's so dreamy and he rides a motorcycle"

And then Jorah will crysturbate over a Dany hairdoll because he's a total punk bitch.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Jorah was cool and the HBO version was in my head until I read the descriptions of him again in ADWD and realized he is one of those genetically rare peeps with hair all over every on of their body, face included and might have been a literal bear, don't wan't that thing to lay his furry dick into a lolita dragon girl, thats just wrong.

Edit: and lol, the only thing jon snow rides id dolorous edd's veiny cock

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bigmcgaffney posted:

Edit: and lol, the only thing jon snow rides id dolorous edd's veiny cock

Troof.

But u know drat well when him and Dany meet up she's gonna be all "OMG total sploosh! He's all dark and broody and mysterious just like my teen vampire novels!"

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

That's what you think. Daario will move to Westeros and become the new king after Darkstar cuts off both of Tommen's ears off. Then he'll seduce every female character in the books and legalize polygyny so that he can keep them all as his harem.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
There once was a man named Daario
Who hustled the alleys and barrios
Once their semen was 'split
He bought dirty sword hilts
And combed the crabs from his blue mustache hair-io

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

bigmcgaffney posted:

Jorah was cool and the HBO version was in my head until I read the descriptions of him again in ADWD and realized he is one of those genetically rare peeps with hair all over every on of their body, face included and might have been a literal bear, don't wan't that thing to lay his furry dick into a lolita dragon girl, thats just wrong.
Yeah. He should just give up on women, become a bear and show Tyrion some loving.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
Someone should write up a sex scene with Tyrion, Penny, Pretty Pig and the dog. Tryion rails Pretty Pig, the dog nails Penny and Ser Jorah watches intently with tears in his eyes.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

el_brio posted:

Someone should write up a sex scene with Tyrion, Penny, Pretty Pig and the dog. Tryion rails Pretty Pig, the dog nails Penny and Ser Jorah watches intently with tears in his eyes.

Sounds like a day of court in King's Landing!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Daario = best character.

"I'ma rub these tits on my sword. You like that? You want me to rub your queentits like that? Gimme dat booty and dat kingdom, girl.

:frogc00l: awwwww yeah

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Troof.

But u know drat well when him and Dany meet up she's gonna be all "OMG total sploosh! He's all dark and broody and mysterious just like my teen vampire novels!"

I can't think of a more ironic fate than for Dany to end up a fag hag :allears:

Which of course means that now Jon and Edd's love will be retcon'd out of existence for GRRM's sick fantasies.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
You goon sirs appreciate Jorah even less than Queen Dracololi. For shame!

Also, Daario looks and acts like a medieval hip hop artist.

Edit:
Cap'n Daario numba one Stormcloak,
Swallow my sword but you don't choke,
See you in dat tokar as yo palanquin go by,
Even with out yo dragons you still be fly,
Sons of the Harpy can't handle the rear end on dis chick,
But you ain't need floppy ears to hop on pirate dick.

Mediant fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 23, 2012

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Troof.

What if Jon has warged into Ghost though? Though I guess that won't stop GRRM from having them mate.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Factor_VIII posted:

What if Jon has warged into Ghost though? Though I guess that won't stop GRRM from having them mate.

I was pretty much counting on that. The whole series will end up like The Dark Tower where there's a warning towards the end of A Dream of Spring telling you not to read any further.

And when you do, it's 290 pages of the absolute smuttiest Fur-fic with Wolf-Arya and Wolf-Jon just mad loving Dany in every way possible like some medieval fantasy version of The Aristocrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I was pretty much counting on that. The whole series will end up like The Dark Tower where there's a warning towards the end of A Dream of Spring telling you not to read any further.

And when you do, it's 290 pages of the absolute smuttiest Fur-fic with Wolf-Arya and Wolf-Jon just mad loving Dany in every way possible like some medieval fantasy version of The Aristocrats.

I read that as The Aristocats, making it even more disturbing.