Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I finished my second Friends vehicle, Olivia's "Flash"

Olivia isn't the sort to be hampered by what's possible, so she designed a rocket. To help her navigate, she built a robotic helper, SNAFU (Stellar Navigation Artificial Friend Unit). So that's 2 Friends down, and three to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Now make a diorama of the rocket crashed on the Moon because she landed just a tiny bit too hard and the landing struts broke, and her suffocated body lying next to the crash site. :jeb:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah, love it, especially the use of that umbrella piece. Are these all pieces from the Friends sets, or did you raid your parts for it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mattfl posted:

Toys R Us just had a sale where they were 2 for $5. Not sure if that sale is still ongoing.
gently caress. Oh well, least I didn't buy a ton of them at Target.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
I really hope you get featured somewhere for these designs. They're brilliant.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Saint Sputnik posted:

I see someone isn't a Brenden Frasier fan :colbert:

Actually, I love the Mummy movies for pure popcorn fun. A good LEGO Egypt theme could be amazing, but it just seems really half assed the way it's done now. I'm sure kids dig it just fine. It's a little too sci-fi egypt for my tastes, what with the giant transforming creatures. If they focused more on the roaring-20's explorer vibe, I think it could be really cool.

Come to think of it, a roaring-20's world exploration theme could be amazing. Stout, quasi racist explorers in tilly-hats, visiting exotic south-american, asian, and african locales. Think of all the crumbling temples, the jungle environs, the tan cheese slopes!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Actually, I love the Mummy movies for pure popcorn fun. A good LEGO Egypt theme could be amazing, but it just seems really half assed the way it's done now. I'm sure kids dig it just fine. It's a little too sci-fi egypt for my tastes, what with the giant transforming creatures. If they focused more on the roaring-20's explorer vibe, I think it could be really cool.

Come to think of it, a roaring-20's world exploration theme could be amazing. Stout, quasi racist explorers in tilly-hats, visiting exotic south-american, asian, and african locales. Think of all the crumbling temples, the jungle environs, the tan cheese slopes!

They actually did that in 1999. I have the set that has a biplane, 1920's car and a mummy in it. I think it was the Lego Adventure series.

EDIT: here: http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Adventurers

I have the 5909 Treasure Raiders set. It was like Indiana Jones before they had actual Indiana Jones sets.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 22, 2012

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They already did Indiana Jones.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Joramun posted:

They already did Indiana Jones.

Yeah, but I want it without any IJ baggage, and definitely without the premium IJ prices.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

thebardyspoon posted:

The monster fighter line has got to have a zombie in it right? They're reusing some of the other monster minifigs and whatever set the zombie is in would sell so well they would be stupid not to use that one too. Couldn't believe when they announced they were reissuing 5 of the most popular minifigs that the zombie and robot from Series 1 weren't in there.

There is actually a zombie driver in the hot rod hearse set. http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Hearse_Driver

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Olivia isn't the sort to be hampered by what's possible, so she designed a rocket. To help her navigate, she built a robotic helper, SNAFU (Stellar Navigation Artificial Friend Unit). So that's 2 Friends down, and three to go.

I would actually buy poo poo like this :ohdear:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Sloppy posted:

-Allow players to buy back monsters they've killed with gold and put them anywhere on the board, usually cost 1gp per monster damage (so bats cost 1gp, zombies 2gp, etc)
-Make the win condition to return to the start of the board with the trophy (you get really great PVP battles when you combine this and the ability to buy back monsters)

I've thought of the second one but that first one is great

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Travis343 posted:

There is actually a zombie driver in the hot rod hearse set. http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Hearse_Driver

I like it how he's named Renfield. =)

There also a zombie set: 9465 The Zombies.

Oh man, these monster fighters are gonna hurt my wallet so bad. I loving LOVE Halloween and the classic Universal monster movies.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Is that just one Friends set? If so which one and can we please get instructions?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Final Gloom posted:

How many pieces was that? Or at least what does it look like when they're poured out?

Oh wow, I already dumped the whole thing into my collection. But it definitely wouldn't all fit back in when I un-bricked everything. (Is that the term for connected Legos? Bricked?)

By the way, I still can't find Series 6 - TRU was all sold out. One empty display case was all that was left.

Also, for those of you angling for more zombies, didn't some of the Pirates of the Caribbean come with zombie pirates?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I would actually buy poo poo like this :ohdear:

I'm hoping that enough people do stuff like this to convince Lego they should expand the Friends horizon, and also keep up with the expanded color palette.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Is that just one Friends set? If so which one and can we please get instructions?

Unfortunately, no. It's about 3 of one, 2 of another. I bricklinked about half of the pink and pulled the rest from friends sets I have. Mostly it's from the Cafe and the Heartlake dog show. There's also a healthy dose of other parts. I'm trying to feature Friends colors, parts and capture the general feel of the theme as well, so it's not exclusively down to using Friends parts.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Shuppiluliumas posted:

fortunately, no. It's about 3 of one, 2 of another. I bricklinked about half of the pink and pulled the rest from friends sets I have. Mostly it's from the Cafe and the Heartlake dog show. There's also a healthy dose of other parts. I'm trying to feature Friends colors, parts and capture the general feel of the theme as well, so it's not exclusively down to using Friends parts.

That's too bad for me, but good job for you it looks fantastic.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Hit the LEGO store in Barton Creek Mall in Austin. They are sold out of S6 minifigs for good. No more 'figs until S7 comes out.

To make myself feel better, I picked up the garbage truck and the Prisoner Transport. I briefly considered the Dump Truck but the Prisoner Transport was just funnier to me at the time. Now I have 8 sets that I haven't assembled. Dammit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Red posted:

By the way, I still can't find Series 6 - TRU was all sold out. One empty display case was all that was left.

Have you check any Wal-Marts (if they're near you)? Mine had 3 or 4 cases that were basically untouched last time I was there. Seems like many collectors are making a bee-line for TRU but forgetting other stores that have toys.

I wish they just did away with this blind-bag thing though. Who actually finds blind-bags interesting or fun? Oh yay, my fourth genie. If course I can just trade with my friends oh wait I'm not in grade school and I don't know anyone else that buys Lego. I'm no good with feeling the bags to see what's inside, and it seems like Lego has fixed the bump-codes issue, as I have loads of figures that don't match any of the published bump-codes.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 22, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Thanks for all the board game input. I was figuring on getting on of the games during the TRU sale. It sounds like Heroica, Creationary, and Minotaurus are the ones I'll be looking out for.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I wish they just did away with this blind-bag thing though. Who actually finds blind-bags interesting or fun? Oh yay, my fourth genie. If course I can just trade with my friends oh wait I'm not in grade school and I don't know anyone else that buys Lego. I'm no good with feeling the bags to see what's inside, and it seems like Lego has fixed the bump-codes issue, as I have loads of figures that don't match any of the published bump-codes.

You wanting to collect them all but ending up with four genies is precisely what Lego wants, so it's not going anywhere.

Well, I should say "kids" and not "you", since neither you nor I are Lego's target demographic.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

illcendiary posted:

Well, I should say "kids" and not "you", since neither you nor I are Lego's target demographic.

Has there been any stats on the popularity of age-groups with the collectable minifigs, as they definitely seem like they're aimed more at the adult collector?

And I wouldn't say getting double or more of a single thing is really playing right into Legos hands, as it pissed me off enough that I'm forgoing buying any more minifigs since it's a waste of my time and money.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Has there been any stats on the popularity of age-groups with the collectable minifigs, as they definitely seem like they're aimed more at the adult collector?

And I wouldn't say getting double or more of a single thing is really playing right into Legos hands, as it pissed me off enough that I'm forgoing buying any more minifigs since it's a waste of my time and money.

It's good for eBay though.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Minifig bag fondling works surprisingly well if you have half an hour to kill, a large enough sample to work with, and don't mind the stares from people that are actually shopping for their kids.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

A local candy store does the fondling for you and makes the key available.

I've strongly considered consulting ebay and just cleaning them out for whatever ones are the most expensive on a bi-weekly basis.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Minifig bag fondling works surprisingly well if you have half an hour to kill, a large enough sample to work with, and don't mind the stares from people that are actually shopping for their kids.

And the death glares from the other adult collectors who are convinced you're secretly poaching all the goddamn legionnaires.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Kids and parents shopping for their kids buy them in droves. I mean they're definitely designed for crossover appeal, but just because Lego sometimes takes adult collectors into mind doesn't mean that we actually account for much of the audience.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I like it how he's named Renfield. =)

There also a zombie set: 9465 The Zombies.

Oh man, these monster fighters are gonna hurt my wallet so bad. I loving LOVE Halloween and the classic Universal monster movies.

Figures they'd put the glow in the dark ghost in the $80+ sets.

Still have my classic one somewhere at the folks' house...

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Red posted:

Also, for those of you angling for more zombies, didn't some of the Pirates of the Caribbean come with zombie pirates?

Yeah, there's a pirates zombie set. I can't remember if we have it still or not but I think we do.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

youareoffthehook posted:

Yeah, there's a pirates zombie set. I can't remember if we have it still or not but I think we do.

The Queen Anne's Revenge comes with three zombie pirates, according to Brickset.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The Captain's Cabin (4191) comes with two zombies. I think they're the same as the Queen Anne's Revenge ones.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

MaliciousOnion posted:

The Captain's Cabin (4191) comes with two zombies. I think they're the same as the Queen Anne's Revenge ones.

This was the only pirates set I picked up. For those zombies and the cool globe and ships in bottles.

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

[...]
This post bought to you by Legoogel (which has been updating every half hour today with no problems). Which I'm not going to keep pimping I promise. But... if there are any eurogoons who hang out here I will be adding DE, FR, IT and ES support tonight. Plus, if I get time Twitter notification of big price drops.

I really like your site, even (or perhaps especially?) in its current design state. One thing, I'm looking forward to the addition of DE to your site!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Did my first Lego kit in many years when I picked up a Star Wars TIE Interceptor pack on a whim the other day, one of the set which comes in a little Death Star. Not exactly challenging, but I really dig thelook of it on my desk and the little pilot figure. Thinking of getting some more Star Wars kits, I saw the TIE Defender a while back and thought it was great that they were putting out obscure TIE variants. The Imperial V-Wing also looks cool.

I'd also like to get some figures. I play Magic The Gathering and got thinking of using them for Token creatures. Are there any Vampire figures besides the one minifig from a while back? Did I see them in an upcomming set or did I dream it? I might try using Pirate torsos with modified heads. And is there a box with just a bunch of the Ninjago skeletons for a cheap price?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Loki Kunti posted:

I really like your site, even (or perhaps especially?) in its current design state. One thing, I'm looking forward to the addition of DE to your site!

The DE prices are kind of on there at the moment. They're mixed up with UK & IT due to some stupidity on my part and you'll have to mouse over to see which links go to Amazon.DE.

I'll sort that out properly tonight. To save time I'm just using the English Language set titles for non-english listings. For the average user do you think that will be an issue? I'm assuming AFOL's who keep track of this stuff are probably aware of the English set names.

I was considering dropping the euro-amazon's because it means six checks for each product instead of two and the Amazon API only allows 2000 connections an hour. This means that I'd be limited to checking 333 sets. However what I'm probably going to do is something where inactive sets (usually due to no longer being in stock) aren't checked as often, to get around this.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 22, 2012

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

The DE prices are kind of on there at the moment. They're mixed up with UK & IT due to some stupidity on my part and you'll have to mouse over to see which links go to Amazon.DE.
Ah, yes, I see, good enough for me :)

Gravy Jones posted:

[...] the English Language set titles for non-english listings [...]
English names should'nt be any problem (at least, they aren't for me), and additionally, you have the four-digit 'Lego-Nr.' in the name.

Gravy Jones posted:

I was considering dropping the euro-amazon's because it means six checks for each product instead of two and the Amazon API only allows 2000 connections an hour. This means that I'd be limited to checking 333 sets. However what I'm probably going to do is something where inactive sets (usually due to no longer being in stock) aren't checked as often, to get around this.
That's on you to decide (probably according to the number of visitors on your site), but, of course, I would be unhappy if you get rid of amazon.DE. Hope it'll work out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'd also like to get some figures. I play Magic The Gathering and got thinking of using them for Token creatures. Are there any Vampire figures besides the one minifig from a while back? Did I see them in an upcomming set or did I dream it?

Later on this year, Lego is releasing the Monster Hunters line, which is full of 60s Hanna-Barbera-esque goofiness with the universal monsters. Dracula's hearse, a ghost train, etc. everyone is super-jazzed for them :)

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Monster fighters. If only they were releasing a Monster Hunter line...

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
If you want a Dracula, there's always the Movie Set series Legos. They're probably expensive as hell by now though but they had a lot of the typical monsters.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Have you check any Wal-Marts (if they're near you)? Mine had 3 or 4 cases that were basically untouched last time I was there. Seems like many collectors are making a bee-line for TRU but forgetting other stores that have toys.

Well, I took a shot on Wal-Mart, with no luck. I didn't even see the box for minifigs. Oh well. I decided to check in on T-R-U, just for the hell of it, even though I'd just stopped by the day before, and saw an empty box. So I walked in, same empty box sitting there. However, I noticed they were having a "Buy one, get one half off" sale, so I figured I'd look around. I debated getting the blue Creator coupe, and maybe a series 5 minifig bag, when I noticed a series 6 minifig box, and it looked like someone tried to hide it amongst some Mega Bloks, shoved back a little. Most of the bags that were left were felt up, but so what?

I felt around for a few minutes, and though I wanted a bunch of Roman soldiers, I got:

- A surgeon
- Gunslingin' Outlaw
- Greasy Mechanic (already had him, but so what? he's neat)
- Braveheart
- SK8R GURL
- ROMAN SOLDIER :c00lbert:

(Are they Roman soldiers? What/who are they?)

Anyway, six guys for $16 wasn't bad at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Red posted:

- ROMAN SOLDIER :c00lbert:

(Are they Roman soldiers? What/who are they?)

It's been 10 years since the Roman history classes I took in college but I think they're just grunts. If we had proper feathers to stick in the hole in the top (side-to-side, not mohawk-wise), it'd designate them as some kind of officer. Maybe Centurion (commander of 100 soldiers)?