Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

finitejoy
Nov 10, 2009

Rumpelstilzchen's child

when worlds collide posted:

Thank you finitejoy! Adorable card and I loved your fly, he's so cute. Did you draw the little ferret? He is soooo cute too. I have a thing for ferrets, I think they're adorable.

wwc - I drew him on foam and then printed him like a stamp! Now I can put ferrets on everything. Glad you liked it! I got your Valentine, but I think I thanked you in the other thread. If you didn't see it, thanks again!

Rufus en Fuego - I love the bee on the card! Awesome, thanks!

Lamb - I was so excited to get mail from the goon mail exchange super star! Thanks! The fortune-telling fish said that I was "passionate".

Thermophonic Joy - That was a mad amount of swag! My loved one is in Alberta right now, so I have to wait before I cover him in the stickers and take pictures. Thanks!

Here it is folks, all the Valentines and stickers I've received so far (so much goon love):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20inch
May 26, 2010

elementary.
I'm glad my mail finally got there!!! But it's sad to hear that no one's goonmail has been able to reach me (besides Team Lunch, apparently Team Lunch is the only one who can send mail here. :)) And here I was all sad because I thought no one loved me. :/

Maybe it's not working because it doesn't have a real name on it. My husband checked the USPS website and I guess that's what that error means. Maybe try resending it to Miranda C. underneath the 20inch? I guess apparently the post office couldn't figure it out?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Megathanks to Hyperhazard, IM Jack, Topenga, and 20inch (who does AMAZING little cute mice (mices? Meese?) drawings!) for the Valengreetings. I sent replies but they will obviously be belated (as it's presently the 16th). But they're Batman valentines so it's cool.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you sheneedstherapy for the awesome hand drawn valentine. Also, your handwriting is amazing.
I will try and get a picture later and edit it in.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Meriruka and RubySprinkles, thank you for the Valentines!

Rufus en Fuego it's a day early, but this is for you.

Happy National Indian Pudding Day. The stuff is surprisingly tasty.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
God, it looks like diarrhea, but it's so, so GOOD.

I am pleased.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I am pleased.

That really does look like the tastiest poo. I am gonna make some after payday.

Thank you to hyperhazard & Cmdr Tomalak, I got both your valentine's today. I was so happy that somebody finally noticed how steamy I am. :smug:

Baltimore looks totally cool, but I did notice that the photo seemed to have been taken quite aways away from the city. Very strategic use of boats to hide the muggers.

Cheers, dears. :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I am pleased.

I'm going to try your recipe as well! I found your letter in the mail after work today, and it was a welcome surprise after a long and tedious shift! Thank you very much, Rufus. :buddy:

I've just finished putting together a response, and it will go out first thing tomorrow morning!

Also, a big thank you to Cmdr Tomalak for the homemade Valentine! I love it! A late Goonentine for you will be heading out tomorrow as well!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 29, 2017

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I -love- receiving Goonmail. Somehow it's always timed so well to pick me up after the shittiest days. Thank you to Lamb for today's envelope of joy and hearts. So so appreciated :)

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I'm glad everyone's stuff is arriving! I am busy working on my St. Paddy's Day mail now.

I owe some folks some thanks:

Becktastic, you will be happy to know that the heart balloon thing did arrive intact and I promptly popped it

Devi Electro sent me a sweet handmade lamb card, and Aunt Buck sent a perfectly respectable drawing of a bantam rooster and a whole bunch of stickers

IM Jack sent a Valentine that took me back to second grade computer lab, Topenga wished me tasty waffles, mizufusion somehow knows that I am covered in Cheeto dust :tinfoil: and vegemite sandwhich sent hugs

I really need to fix my camera. These pictures suck, sorry.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Guess I'm in this for the long haul... Just ordered some address labels with my forum name on them. So excited! :woop:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Guess I'm in this for the long haul... Just ordered some address labels with my forum name on them. So excited! :woop:

Where can you get a good deal on such a thing? I'm so sick of writing my address out over and over again!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

cuntvalet posted:

Where can you get a good deal on such a thing? I'm so sick of writing my address out over and over again!

Backing up cuntvalet on this request!!

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
I actually just bought 700 Avery labels at Office Max for $10 and printed them on my office's laser printer. Super easy.

You can also order fancier ones through those newspaper inserts that try to get you to order Disney checks or whatever. I get two or three of those inserts a week. They're generally inexpensive and sometimes really cute.

If you're serious about this, you need to get a postage scale and an account at stamps.com.

Get on my level.

:colbert:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I actually ordered mine from eBay. I'm an eBay-aholic, and I've ordered a bunch of stuff from there for my goonentines recently. I paid $1.78CAD for 60 labels, customized completely to my specifications. Not as good a deal as 700 for :10bux:, but I dunno if I'd use that many.

You can probably find a good deal if you scuttle down to Staples or whatever copy place you have around. I just prefer the anonymity of the internet, and the convenience of not having to leave my computer chair.

drat, that makes me sound like such a goon.

Edit: oh and I also like having only a few of each kind, 'cause then I can get new pictures and things every time, pertaining to the holiday. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 17, 2012

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
More Valentines Day goonmail arrived!

Offkilter sent some mail addressed to Team 'Desjuner' which is 'Breakfast' in French. (I'm guessing it is because of the time difference.)

Topenga sent me a holiday card (Valentine's Day is a holiday!) and :woop:40 STICKERS:woop:

Cards from VegemiteSandwich, Cmdr Tomalak, and ThePitGoddess!

Thanks everyone!

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thank you Sasarella for the candy. How did you know I like candy hearts?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I actually just bought 700 Avery labels at Office Max for $10 and printed them on my office's laser printer. Super easy.

You can also order fancier ones through those newspaper inserts that try to get you to order Disney checks or whatever. I get two or three of those inserts a week. They're generally inexpensive and sometimes really cute.

If you're serious about this, you need to get a postage scale and an account at stamps.com.

Get on my level.

Yeah, the labels I use are Avery 5260 format, and MS Word should let you choose that in its Label Wizard feature. 30 labels to the sheet. Take the time to make one label really fancy, then copy it to every cell on the sheet, print, and you have fancy return labels.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Get on my level.

Oh, I can participate in this! This is that thing I was talking about, that apparently are no longer produced. Boo. I have one that I bought before they stopped making them.

Click for supabig.

Distrata
Jan 24, 2007
Meh
I just got home from a long week at work to some Valentine's Day GoonMail from Aunt Buck, IMJack, and Cmdr. Tomalak! Thank-you for making my week less crappy! :)

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

If anyone wants to plan ahead for next year, I thought I'd point out that Target's Valentine's Day stuff is now 70% off. If you have access to one, you might go and stock up on cheap Valentine's! I bought four different kinds!

Pennington
Nov 8, 2010

I deduce that this caterpillar is indeed very hungry.
Thank you Rufus En Fuego! Your card came a week ago but I've been away. I will make the pudding!
Sending out replies and some cards later this week.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Pennington posted:

Thank you Rufus En Fuego! Your card came a week ago but I've been away. I will make the pudding!
Sending out replies and some cards later this week.

I mailed out some more late Goonentines today! That'll probably be the last of them, unless I receive some more to reply to, of course.

Got some mail from Aunt Buck today, but haven't had a chance to open it yet! Thanks in advance. Will post pictures of my latest mail later tonight or tomorrow.

The thread has gone so quiet! :ohdear:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Has anyone received any of my valentines? :ohdear: Nothing has bounced back to me yet. I'm hoping whatever is going on at the post office sorts itself out soon. I haven't received any mail either in over a week, not even my bills.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Famine Poodle for the adorable cuttlefish kitty drawing :3: Thankfully I was able to avoid a mess as all that confetti was very noisy. Also a thank you to Caramel Bread for the card and stickers.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
More goodies from super cool goons. Thank you! Some cards will be a bit late since I'm playing catch-up (didn't expect so many, holy cow), but I assure you that they will arrive. The last cartridge in my calligraphy pen is almost spent, so I may switch over to the dippy-pen.

Rufus en Fuego - I look forward to putting together the adorable little finger puppet. :3: Also...BEES! And GLITTER! YAY!

OfF KiLTeR - The ticket for "A Taste of Edmonton" made me curious, so I checked it out online. Looks like it'd be right up my alley! As for your note, it's completely true; "Frederick" is the late-20s assistant manager of a local grocery store who dresses up in his favorite vintage fashions after his shifts and heads down to Market Street with his girlfriend to talk about music and politics over beers.

IMJack - Well, then! ;-* Many thanks for the Kingdom of Loathing valentine, sir! 'Tis spectacular.

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 21, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Sorry this update is a bit late. I've been lazy about anything that requires effort lately. I'm sick as a dog right now. That's my excuse.

Palette Swap's letter arrived slit open across the bottom for some reason. I hope nothing fell out. :ohdear: Thank you for the tonne of goodies you sent, and for the movie! I'm going to watch it with my boyfriend tonight!

sheneedstherapy sent me one of the coolest homemade valentines EVER, complete with a dorky Darwin poem on the back. I'm in love with this valentine and even took it to work to show my coworkers. They share my sentiments.

Devi Electro sent me a pretty rad homemade valentine, too! Very stickerful. Thank you very much!

And my most recent Goonentine is from Aunt Buck! The lollipop got crushed in the mail, but that won't stop me from eating it. Thank you very much. I admit, calling you 'Aunt' all the time has created some sort of strange connection in my brain, and I actually think of you as a kooky aunt who sends me things. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 29, 2017

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Re: Mailing labels

I just got a bunch in the mail from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! It's awesome because they're pretty and free, but I feel terrible because I'm not going to send them anything. :ohdear:

I've been awful about mailing replies to anyone who sent me something over the last couple weeks, but I guess I don't have much of an excuse now. I should find something cool to send IMJack though. My roommates were jealous of the totally sweet KoL valentine card. :3:

tiddlez
Nov 25, 2006

Nice shirt, Gaywad.
I have been the worst ever at replying to this thread with all the awesome mail I've received over the past months. It just has felt like theres been one thing after another thats caused me to have no time for responding and sending out the mail I promised I would.

I want to say a big sorry and thankyou to Bengy and Rufus En Fuego especially. Bengy sent me the BEST candy box I have ever seen. I have scoffed the whole lot. The nerds are still keeping me going. I'm sorry for how much I have sucked at sending yours, money has been such a crapper the past few months. I've been buying bits and pieces for it but have been putting it off and off in hope that one week I will have extra money left over to send it. It will be sent soon, I promise.

And the candy I received from Rufus was so random I laughed for ages. I had no idea what to do with some of it but really enjoyed how weird and wonderful it all was.

Please don't hate me guys, I will definitely be sending you some scottish goodness as soon as I can.

And also, I've had lovely mail from Palette Swap and Lamb, and a few others. Palette Swap, your mail really made me smile. I'm so glad you enjoyed your secret santa gift!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

-D- and Famine Poodle thank you so much for the lovely cards and all the neat little gubbins that came with them. Best thing to wake up to, this morning. :D

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Dee for the valentines card. The pixie stick didn't survive the trip so everything was covered in fine blue powder. At first I thought you were evil and put a ton of confetti in it.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

13Pandora13

Your card and gubbins made my morning! I really liked the Razzles. I've never ever had those before. I got a blue one and a red one. :3: My favourites. :3:

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Thermophonic Joy and MuseOfAllSoup, thank you for the cards! Thermophonic Joy, the 1 cent stamp with the walruses (walrii?) is pretty awesome.

I've started using the stickers I'm getting to decorate my lovely particleboard furniture. It's sparkly now!

Also, mail seems to be taking a long time to get places. It took about a month for my husband to get his Christmas card, and he still hasn't gotten the valentine's card I sent nearly four weeks ago. And I only just got a Christmas card back for a bad address that was mailed out Dec 16th. How far in advance should I be sending things out? I'll probably start sending St Patrick's day things out this weekend, should I be thinking about Easter ones too?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
cardboardRobot, I just got the postcard I sent you for Valentine's Day back in my mailbox. It didn't look like it was returned to sender...rather, it had my zipcode printed at the bottom and the city code printed over the stamp. I think someone at the post office mixed up addresses, somehow ignoring the huge rear end Sharpie writing and instead focusing on the tiny scrawl marked "Return Address" below it. Either that, or they're just loving with me because they wanted another chance to find Waldo.

So as soon as I find an envelope big enough to house it, it'll be on its way back to you. (All I have on me are those super-sexy security envelopes, and they're too short.) You may get your card around St. Patrick's Day...

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

hyperhazard

My boyfriend saw the postcard you sent to me sitting on my dresser and for a moment asked why I had written a postcard to myself, re: your writing being uncannily like mine.

He also said he liked your drawing. :3:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

cuntvalet posted:

hyperhazard

My boyfriend saw the postcard you sent to me sitting on my dresser and for a moment asked why I had written a postcard to myself, re: your writing being uncannily like mine.

Now that's just creepy. I'm going to have to ask my boy if he sees the similarity too...unless it's all a conspiracy and he's in on it. :tinfoil:

Glad the Killface was a hit. I attempted to replicate this one, failed miserably, and went for the You're Doom instead.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

cardboardRobot, I just got the postcard I sent you for Valentine's Day back in my mailbox. It didn't look like it was returned to sender...rather, it had my zipcode printed at the bottom and the city code printed over the stamp. I think someone at the post office mixed up addresses, somehow ignoring the huge rear end Sharpie writing and instead focusing on the tiny scrawl marked "Return Address" below it. Either that, or they're just loving with me because they wanted another chance to find Waldo.

So as soon as I find an envelope big enough to house it, it'll be on its way back to you. (All I have on me are those super-sexy security envelopes, and they're too short.) You may get your card around St. Patrick's Day...

Haha drat. That's alright if it comes closer to saint patrick's day. Just means I have something to look forward to :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

hyperhazard

Can we see images of you two's writing? I'm very curious about this!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Can we see images of you two's writing? I'm very curious about this!

Sure thing, either tomorrow or sunday, I'll write a version of what hyperhazard wrote and photograph them together to post! I'm just off to bed right now, so the suspense lives on a little bit longer. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl
I have some belated thank yous to make, but don't have my stack with me. So thank you to folks who sent me lovely valentines! I will catch up, hopefully with photos, soon!

In other news, I am cleaning out stuff in anticipation of moving in May, and I just discovered the motherload of unused postcards. Watch out, Goons!