Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I believe the term is "wishful thinking".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I miss the JFSC. He kicked me out soooo many times.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Ahhh, the youthful Eric of yesteryear.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

This says it all, somehow.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

GenoCanSing posted:

Why is his keyboard so big?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

The puppeteer hand in the background hanging over top of his head is just too loving surreal.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Anyone happen to have hour 3 from 10-12-11 from the Nick and Artie show? Their XML feed has it linked to the following file which isn't on their servers:

http://danpatrick.directv.com.edgesuite.net/NickArtie/10.12.11-hour-3-Nick-And-Artie.mp3

Viktor fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 19, 2012

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Just as I knew it would, the Nick and Artie show has become so good now that football season is over. Everyone listen to hour 3 of the Valentine Day's show for some hilarious ball busting between Nick and Artie and Kamal.

There's very little sports talk now. When there is, it's nothing deep. The joke now comes from them talking to a Chicago NBA sports analyst who mentions Derrick Rose in a story and Artie saying "Yeah, that's great. Who's Derrick Rose?"

Nick: "Coming up, we'll get the latest on whitney houston."
Artie: "Well... she's dead officially"
Nick: "Yeah, last time I checked, but who knows. Crazy things happen in hollywood."

Kevin Frasier: "It's kind of a curse to be the biggest artist in the world"
Artie: "Tell me about it."

Artie: "Jpeg me a request and I'll put it into accounting."

Nick: "This has been a bad black history month."
Artie: "Name a good one."

Artie: Things I'd rather do than get up at 9AM and watch the Chicago Blackhawks practice with Dan Falatto.

Pass a kidney stone
Find a hair in warm potato salad.
Try to give myself oral sex.. again.
Open for Carlos Mencia
Tweet something

Kamal: (After a few seconds of silence) Wow, it's like a lull came over here.
Artie: Don't pretend like you don't recognize awkward silences.

Nick: I hear Jeremy Lin's going aid one of the Knicks in the dunk contest.
Artie: What's he going to do? Sew his sneakers?
Nick: (Nervous laugh) Exactly, haha, I didn't want to say that.
Artie: They're going to chain him to a white tiger and make him sew Stoudemire's uniform.
Nick: I need a clean towel perfectly folded. Jeremy, get on that.

Artie: Linsanity is dying down in New York. You can tell. They lose to the Hornets and he'll be on a slow boat to Guam.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Apparently you didn't see the sign outside? It says check the racism at the door.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I don't want to go out of the way to say this, but I truly believe women are as equal as men. *applause*

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Performula posted:

Hey I might be going crazy, but during Sour Shoes's Valentines Day show ("Sour Shoes Love Song Extravaganza") it sounded like he was overlapping his character voices after one another.

Like during that bit with Mad Dog and Scott Ferrall bullshitting about sports.

That guy is a true talent.

No joking, I'd love it if Sour Shoes sat in the studio for a day and did his Bababooey impression for an entire day (or week or lifetime). It's incredible.

Edit: Regarding the Nick and Artie show, if I don't like sports, should I still bother listening?

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 20, 2012

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.

Hamburglar posted:

No joking, I'd love it if Sour Shoes sat in the studio for a day and did his Bababooey impression for an entire day (or week or lifetime). It's incredible.

Edit: Regarding the Nick and Artie show, if I don't like sports, should I still bother listening?

Yup. I don't give gently caress one about sports and I've become a fan. Artie is so--"bitter" isn't the word, but he's so caustic on the show that it's fantastic. Not an angry caustic, exactly, just Artie cutting people off at the knees with morbid glee.

Nick I can take or leave. I imagine he squirms whenever someone calls and brings up an old Artie/Stern bit. Happens a lot.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Hamburglar posted:

Look up that hour I mentioned earlier on their site, Feb 14th Hour 3, and tell me what you think. There's zero sports talk so if you find Artie's humor funny, the answer is yes.

Football's over. Baseball's over. Nick doesn't care about basketball or about any other sport. Artie claims to care about basketball but he doesn't know who Derrick Rose is and just recently found out that the Sonics aren't in the league anymore.

Caller: What has Kamal been doing in the last 20 years?
Artie: I tell you what he hasn't been doing: Cardio.

Artie: Don't let the last 23 years fool you. This guy's talented.

Artie: Nick knows how to handle a broad.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I think the problem with the Nick and Artie and show is that they're both comedians, which is to say neither is really a broadcaster. More than once I've heard them bring up a current event or something from the news but never bother to explain the story for the audience. They get into their own discussions deeper and deeper and I have no idea what they're talking about until I google it.

You'll notice on the Stern show (or any decent radio show) Howard will say "for those of you who don't know..." and then he'll give a synopsis of the story or play a clip of it before starting his rant.

It's like Nick and Artie forget there is an audience and it's not just the two of them shooting the poo poo. That should be Communications 101.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Former Human posted:

I think the problem with the Nick and Artie and show is that they're both comedians, which is to say neither is really a broadcaster. More than once I've heard them bring up a current event or something from the news but never bother to explain the story for the audience. They get into their own discussions deeper and deeper and I have no idea what they're talking about until I google it.

You'll notice on the Stern show (or any decent radio show) Howard will say "for those of you who don't know..." and then he'll give a synopsis of the story or play a clip of it before starting his rant.

It's like Nick and Artie forget there is an audience and it's not just the two of them shooting the poo poo. That should be Communications 101.

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I suggest acquiring a through knowledge of Northeastern sports and Robert Shaw movies to achieve maximum Nick and Artie enjoyment.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks guys. I'll check out Nick and Artie, especially while the Stern show is on vacation.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Hamburglar posted:

Thanks guys. I'll check out Nick and Artie, especially while the Stern show is on vacation.

Is Howard off this week, too?

Edit: after looking around a bit, (the thread had fallen to the bottom of SFN, so I didn't see it at first) he is off today but back tomorrow.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 20, 2012

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

It's like Nick and Artie forget there is an audience and it's not just the two of them shooting the poo poo.

And that's pretty much why the show works so well for me.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

Is Howard off this week, too?

Edit: after looking around a bit, (the thread had fallen to the bottom of SFN, so I didn't see it at first) he is off today but back tomorrow.

I'm honestly surprised that Sirius isn't contractually obligated to give him both Washington's and Lincoln's birthday off.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Szyznyk posted:

I'm honestly surprised that Sirius isn't contractually obligated to give him both Washington's and Lincoln's birthday off.

and Halloween and Valentines day and Flag day

chiz fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 21, 2012

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Over at Dawgsaloon there have been have been a few news stories posted about Nick and Artie and how they were making Jeremy Lin jokes and also how they asked the listeners to call in with their own jokes.
Here's one: http://www.beyondchron.org/news/index.php?itemid=9906
There's also a video on MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#46436023

I wonder if Direct TV will give the guys any crap over this, seeing as the NY Post guy got fired. Although it is some good publicity.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

porkfriedrice posted:

I love how Ed points out the offensive fan image about the fortune cookie and then keeps it there for the full segment.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

chiz posted:

and Halloweed and Valentines day and Flag day

Arbor Day

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
anyone have a link for the time Robert Downey Jr was in the studio and Billy West was playing Red or someone, and was sexually harassing Robert?

"Let's get silly with some beer"

that one.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07
Adam Levine's girlfriend to Howard: "I'm such a huge fan!"
Robin Quivers: "OHHH THANNNK-YOOOOU!!!"

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

dyn posted:

Adam Levine's girlfriend to Howard: "I'm such a huge fan!"
Robin Quivers: "OHHH THANNNK-YOOOOU!!!"

I laughed at this too. And Howard discovered Maroon 5.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Adam Levine isn't in, is he? I'll take fifteen Lisa Lampinelli interviews before one with Adam Levine. He's got to be the least charismatic person alive.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

musclecoder posted:

I laughed at this too. And Howard discovered Maroon 5.

They've been in before. But yeah, it showcases Howard's proclivity to bands from the late 90s and early 2000s

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Does anyone have a picture of Shuli's wife? I'm watching the Artie Roast and Lisa Lampignelli brought up how hot she was. I just can't believe that he could get a certifiable hot chick.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I feel stupid for asking this, but the caller Gonzo on the Nick & Artie Show is really Colin Quinn, right?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

porkfriedrice posted:

That guy has such a sweet flat top.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

DangerDummy! posted:

I feel stupid for asking this, but the caller Gonzo on the Nick & Artie Show is really Colin Quinn, right?

Sure sounds like him!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

porkfriedrice posted:

Over at Dawgsaloon there have been have been a few news stories posted about Nick and Artie and how they were making Jeremy Lin jokes and also how they asked the listeners to call in with their own jokes.
Here's one: http://www.beyondchron.org/news/index.php?itemid=9906

Okay, I'm going to start downloading the Nick and Artie show now. This is pretty funny. That plus the description of Artie as "caustic" mean I have to check things out. Thanks.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DangerDummy! posted:

Peter North posted:

Sure sounds like him!

I feel stupid for not recognizing that.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I listened to that and it doesn't sound like Colin, I mean the guy just rambles on and is boring.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

I listened to that and it doesn't sound like Colin, I mean the guy just rambles on and is boring.

Colin shudders briefly as this punchline floats over his grave.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I tried watching Quinn's one man show when HBO had it on heavy rotation and it was hacky as gently caress.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

chiz posted:

You are one sarcastic son of a bitch. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Haha jesus, Robin sent $2000 to some email scammer in Europe thinking it was Artie's sister. What a maroon.