Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

DrBouvenstein posted:

From now on, I will be known as-

COCO THE MONKEY :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
No, see, the two of you need to work on trust, and then- and only then- will there be a free exchange of sex and discounts.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

jojoinnit posted:

I love that bit because even when George actually wins for once and he's about to get away with it his pride is too much to stop him from blabbing.
I love that bit because "The Slicer" is one of my favorite all time episodes and anyone who bags on the last two seasons for being too wacky is an enemy of good times.

"THAT'S A LOTTA POTATOES!!"

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

jojoinnit posted:

COCO THE MONKEY :toot:

GAMMY'S GETTIN' UPSET!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

haljordan posted:

BECAUSE NEIL WATKINS FROM ACCOUNTING IS T-BONE!!!

...but you're not Cartwright......

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Glen Goobersmooches posted:

I love that bit because "The Slicer" is one of my favorite all time episodes and anyone who bags on the last two seasons for being too wacky is an enemy of good times.

I've cut slices so thin, I couldn't even see it!

So how'd you know you cut it?

Well I guess I just assumed... *mind blown*

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Jerusalem posted:

...but you're not Cartwright......

OF COURSE HE'S NOT CARTWRIGHT! :argh:

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
You're as pretty as any of them you just need a nose job.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

This is a public humiliation! You can't let the defendant, have control of the key piece of evidence. Plus, she's trying it on over a leotard, of course a bra's not gonna fit on over a leotard. A bra’s gotta fit right up against a person's skin, like a glove!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Who told you to put the cheese on? I didn't tell you to put the cheese on!

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Glen Goobersmooches posted:

"THAT'S A LOTTA POTATOES!!"

There are people who don't respect the last two seasons? Who are these people? I've always held that seasons 8 and 9 are among the very best of the series. Season 9 itself contains my two favorite (probably) episodes ("The Voice" and "The Bookstore").

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Locutus of Bald posted:

There are people who don't respect the last two seasons? Who are these people? I've always held that seasons 8 and 9 are among the very best of the series. Season 9 itself contains my two favorite (probably) episodes ("The Voice" and "The Bookstore").

They're drat controversial. The guy doing the Seinfeld reviews on the AV Club, for instance, dislikes them. It's the post-Larry David era, so those two seasons a lot more goofy and fantastical, which rubs some people wrong. Personally I love em - Merv Griffin forever.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Not sure if this is really the right thread, but it's Seinfeld related news and hell, I always liked George's boss. Sounds like he's probably going to be okay, though. I mean, apart from only having one leg.

quote:

An actor who played George Costanza’s boss on Seinfeld and also starred in Malcolm in the Middle has shot himself in the head at his US apartment.

Montgomery police Chief Don Simpson said 61-year-old Daniel von Bargen called emergency services on Monday morning after shooting himself in the temple.

Chief Simpson said on Thursday that von Bargen told the dispatcher he was supposed to go to a hospital that day to have some toes amputated because of diabetes complications and had already had one leg amputated.

He said he was feeling depressed before he shot himself.

Von Bargen appeared on four episodes of Seinfeld as Mr Kruger. He also played Commandant Edwin Spangler in Malcolm in the Middle.

The character actor, often cast as police officers, has also appeared in a number of films, including roles as a variety of law enforcement officials in The Silence of the Lambs, Super Troopers, O Brother Where Art Thou? and Basic Instinct.

He was taken to a Cincinnati hospital. His condition wasn’t immediately known.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/seinfeld-actor-shoots-himself-20120224-1trw1.html

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Octy posted:

Not sure if this is really the right thread, but it's Seinfeld related news and hell, I always liked George's boss. Sounds like he's probably going to be okay, though. I mean, apart from only having one leg.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/seinfeld-actor-shoots-himself-20120224-1trw1.html

And you wanted to be my latex salesman.

Seriously though, still bad news, no matter how many times I have to hear it. Poor guy.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Octy posted:

Not sure if this is really the right thread, but it's Seinfeld related news and hell, I always liked George's boss.

It's the right thread, just that 90% of the posts on the last couple of pages have been about it.

You don't eat Oreo's? The way you break 'em open, mwamwa, you're practically have sex with them!

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

neoboman posted:

It's the right thread, just that 90% of the posts on the last couple of pages have been about it.

Really? I did check the last couple of pages and I couldn't see anything about it. I can't believe my local news is so slow.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

neoboman posted:

You don't eat Oreo's? The way you break 'em open, mwamwa, you're practically have sex with them!

I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Hank Morgan posted:

I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats.

Ho-ho you are hot tonight!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

atomic gog posted:

Ho-ho you are hot tonight!

I flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Jimmy was on TBS last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRJkdjmBcM

One of the best segments they ever did, and still able to get a big laugh from me no matter how many times I see it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Well, I think that's the tops

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Octy posted:

I wouldn't say he's going to be OK. I listened to the 911 call and he told the operator he couldn't open his eyes.

:smith:

He seemed like such a nice guy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Octy posted:

Really? I did check the last couple of pages and I couldn't see anything about it. I can't believe my local news is so slow.
The top of the last page has the first 3 posts about him.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010

That news report posted:

Von Bargen appeared on four episodes of Seinfeld as Mr Kruger.

This can't be right, surely? Considering how memorable and brilliant he was, there must have been more than this.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Austen Tassletine posted:

This can't be right, surely? Considering how memorable and brilliant he was, there must have been more than this.

It's weird how few times some major-seeming characters showed up. They did 180 episodes, Puddy was in 11, Uncle Leo was in 15, Mr. and Mrs. Seinfeld were only in 24, George's parents in 29, etc.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

User-Friendly posted:

It's weird how few times some major-seeming characters showed up. They did 180 episodes, Puddy was in 11, Uncle Leo was in 15, Mr. and Mrs. Seinfeld were only in 24, George's parents in 29, etc.

Mr. Pitt only being in 7 episodes including the finale blew my mind. Felt like he was around for multiple seasons.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Poque posted:

Mr. Pitt only being in 7 episodes including the finale blew my mind. Felt like he was around for multiple seasons.

Yeah I still can't believe that, I was absolutely positive he was on the show for at least 2 seasons.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

You owe me a quarter.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Supreme Allah posted:

You owe me a quarter.

He looks like a frog.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

penismightier posted:

They're drat controversial. The guy doing the Seinfeld reviews on the AV Club, for instance, dislikes them. It's the post-Larry David era, so those two seasons a lot more goofy and fantastical, which rubs some people wrong. Personally I love em - Merv Griffin forever.

There were changes, not all of them good. The writing, you could argue, was a bit less witty, and now that 8 seasons of Curb exist, I can "feel" the loss of Larry's writing voice in the dialogue and how some of the episodes are constructed. It's just not as "sharp" as the previous seasons, I think. When I compare season 9 to say, season 6, yeah I laugh my rear end off at both of them but season 6 has way more classic and clever episodes, IMO.

Also in seasons 8 and 9, Kramer goes from a quirky hipster to a retard. Examples of where this is most blatant: The Merv Griffin Show, The Slicer

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 25, 2012

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

VH4Ever posted:

Also in seasons 8 and 9, Kramer goes from a quirky hipster doofus to a retard. Examples of where this is most blatant: The Merv Griffin Show, The Slicer

There I fixed that for you. :D

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

esperantinc posted:

There I fixed that for you. :D

Right, right, I know better than that. Thank you.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's wrong with seasons 8 and 9? I think they're incredible. They have some of the most classic Seinfeld episodes! Off the top of my head: The Serenity Now, The Strike (Festivus episode!!!), The Susie, The Frogger, The Little Jerry...

And what's wrong with The Merv Griffin Show episode? Kramer talking in an embellished voice through an unplugged microphone throughout most of it, Jerry giving his girlfriend sleeping medication so he can play with her toy collection and then Kramer inviting the girl on the show to confront Jerry about it, George injuring a squirrel and his girlfriend not being able to forgive him for it, the Sidler...

It's got classic Seinfeld written all over it :colbert:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What's wrong with seasons 8 and 9? I think they're incredible. They have some of the most classic Seinfeld episodes! Off the top of my head: The Serenity Now, The Strike (Festivus episode!!!), The Susie, The Frogger, The Little Jerry...

And what's wrong with The Merv Griffin Show episode? Kramer talking in an embellished voice through an unplugged microphone throughout most of it, Jerry giving his girlfriend sleeping medication so he can play with her toy collection and then Kramer inviting the girl on the show to confront Jerry about it, George injuring a squirrel and his girlfriend not being able to forgive him for it, the Sidler...

Also, this:

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love all those episodes and really can't think of one episode I even dislike, let alone hate.

Let me try to explain it this way: there's a difference between funny/entertaining and GOOD in an artistic sense. It's a bit spergy, but on the latter count, seasons 8 and 9 just aren't as well written, not as well paced, etc. Larry David's writing is just better. But seasons 8 and 9 are definitely plenty funny and entertaining.

I see your "The Serenity Now," "The Strike," "The Susie," "The Frogger" and "The Little Jerry" annd raise you: "The Pitch/The Ticket," "The Puffy Shirt," "The Switch," "The Scofflaw" and "The Fusilli Jerry."

Edit: I'll give you this much: you know the one season 8/9 episode I'll put up there next to the other seasons? "The Pothole" It had a lot of Larry trademarks like the storylines interweaving at the end really well, had a classic Newman moment, and had classic Elaine, George and Jerry stuff.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 25, 2012

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

haljordan posted:

Also, this:

I'm watching Jurassic Park. He made that sound EXACTLY as I saw this picture. It was the greatest thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o4H4vc0wyI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

VH4Ever posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love all those episodes and really can't think of one episode I even dislike, let alone hate.

Let me try to explain it this way: there's a difference between funny/entertaining and GOOD in an artistic sense. It's a bit spergy, but on the latter count, seasons 8 and 9 just aren't as well written, not as well paced, etc. Larry David's writing is just better. But seasons 8 and 9 are definitely plenty funny and entertaining.

I see your "The Serenity Now," "The Strike," "The Susie," "The Frogger" and "The Little Jerry" annd raise you: "The Pitch/The Ticket," "The Puffy Shirt," "The Switch," "The Scofflaw" and "The Fusilli Jerry."

Edit: I'll give you this much: you know the one season 8/9 episode I'll put up there next to the other seasons? "The Pothole" It had a lot of Larry trademarks like the storylines interweaving at the end really well, had a classic Newman moment, and had classic Elaine, George and Jerry stuff.

While those are all great episodes too, I don't find that the later episodes were any less well written. I'm not saying that Larry David contributed nothing to the show. That's the furthest thing from the truth. I just don't think it suffered in quality very much once he left.

And hell, The Strike has some of the best examples of stories interweaving at the end of the entire series. Like when the guys from the betting shop that were in love with Elaine earlier in the episode end up at Frank and Estelle's house for Festivus at the end, and Kramer calls it a Festivus miracle.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sash! posted:

I'm watching Jurassic Park. He made that sound EXACTLY as I saw this picture. It was the greatest thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o4H4vc0wyI

What kind of company would hire NEWMAN to conduct highly complicated and dangerous espionage (that requires a lot of fast movement)? No wonder they're behind.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

haljordan posted:

What kind of company would hire NEWMAN to conduct highly complicated and dangerous espionage (that requires a lot of fast movement)? No wonder they're extinct.

Well, seemingly, they only had to buy him lunch, albeit a very expensive one that did not include a big salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

tvgm2 posted:

Well, seemingly, they only had to buy him lunch, albeit a very expensive one that did not include a big salad.

The RiffTrax for the movie refers to it as "his world-record nineteen hour breakfast".