Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wandering Knitter posted:

I watched David and Hazel: A Story in Communication and I'm still oddly depressed about it all.

At least with Setting Up a Room the madness took over by the end. With this one I'm just watching a broken marriage drive itself to the edge.

Are there any other 30 minute "shorts" by rifftrax?

The two shorts with separate parts come around to 30 minutes, I think Williams Doll is about 20 minutes, same with the Fashion with Joan one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wandering Knitter posted:

I watched David and Hazel: A Story in Communication and I'm still oddly depressed about it all.

At least with Setting Up a Room the madness took over by the end. With this one I'm just watching a broken marriage drive itself to the edge.

Are there any other 30 minute "shorts" by rifftrax?

30 Minutes? Well, American Thrift is a two parter around 30 minutes. The Case of Tommy Tucker is a two parter around 25 minutes. Call it Free is also a two parter around 20 minutes.

And there's several shorts right around the 20 minute mark.

Individual Differences
Teenage Drug Addict
Back to School with Joan Miller
SeatBelts - The Life Saving Habit
How Much Affection
Friends (Get this if you don't have it already)
William's Doll
Reading - Who Needs It?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If you buy the Shorts DVDs, then they combine the 2 parters into one seamless Riff. I think there's even one about America that's nearly 30 minutes that way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IUG posted:

If you buy the Shorts DVDs, then they combine the 2 parters into one seamless Riff. I think there's even one about America that's nearly 30 minutes that way.

Yeah, I forgot about What It Means To Be An American in my list up there. That one is a two parter that clocks in around 20 minutes as well.

GeneralZod
May 28, 2003

Kneel before Zod!
Grimey Drawer
Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 has just been released!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GeneralZod posted:

Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 has just been released!

Aw gently caress, I almost forgot! Tonight's going to be fun :rock:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just finished this. Holy poo poo, this was even harder to get through than New Moon and Eclipse. I had no idea that was possible :psyboom:

The riff was pretty drat hilarious for the first hour or so, then it turned into only being funny every few minutes instead of every line being solid gold.

And the movie was just downright painful to watch, so this was more frustrating than it was easy to watch while laughing at.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

IUG posted:

I own the DVDs and have seen the ones on them. That America one nearly finished me. :stare:

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just finished this. Holy poo poo, this was even harder to get through than New Moon and Eclipse. I had no idea that was possible :psyboom:

The riff was pretty drat hilarious for the first hour or so, then it turned into only being funny every few minutes instead of every line being solid gold.

And the movie was just downright painful to watch, so this was more frustrating than it was easy to watch while laughing at.

That's how I felt too. I think I know why. The guys seem to work their best when the movie has enough going on for them to comment/play off of. Breaking Dawn Part 1 is so incredibly stretched out to suck in more cash with Part 2, for most of the movie nothing is happening. Even less so than New Moon/Eclipse (Did not think this was possible, thanks for proving me wrong, Summit). Which is hilarious the first time, not so much three films later.

It's not a bad riff, it's just that the movie feels like even more of a chore to sit through than the others, and you have way too many points where even they can't salvage it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I almost died during the credits. So loving funny.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Here's ten minutes of color outtakes from that memorable MST3k'ed short A Date With Your Family:

http://www.archive.org/details/DateWith1950_2

Nothing mind-blowing, but there's something charming and interesting about watching the making of something so odd and trivial. Plus those colors are incredible.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tragedienne posted:

That's how I felt too. I think I know why. The guys seem to work their best when the movie has enough going on for them to comment/play off of. Breaking Dawn Part 1 is so incredibly stretched out to suck in more cash with Part 2, for most of the movie nothing is happening. Even less so than New Moon/Eclipse (Did not think this was possible, thanks for proving me wrong, Summit). Which is hilarious the first time, not so much three films later.

It's not a bad riff, it's just that the movie feels like even more of a chore to sit through than the others, and you have way too many points where even they can't salvage it.

this isn't surprising because i think each twilight riff has been progresively worse and that's more on the movie being completely plot-free than the riffs themselves

weekly font fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 24, 2012

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Jesus, I thought they were making up all that goofy poo poo about how vampire venom works, but I looked it up and it's actually all in the books.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I have a quick question, why did Rifftrax only do part one of Coffee House Rendezvous?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I like to think Rifftrax did the best they could with the new Twilight but god what an awful movie

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I don't know, I think the guys do a great job with the inane nonplot fluff. I mean, the wacky vampire/werewolf/baby stuff makes for great material, but I think the funniest parts are when they're making fun of the terrible "light" parts of the movie.

Also, that credits sequence really took me back to MST3K. Have they done a full credits riff in any other Rifftrax?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I really liked the new Twilight riffs, especially the credits scene. My god, make sure you watch all the way.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's also the Metal Gear Solid 4 of Twilight movies. The credits roll for about a minute, then there's another entire scene, then the rest of the credits roll. So if you're stopping when you first see ending credits, you haven't seen the whole thing.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, to be honest I always look forward to Twilight solely for the riffs but this one is really hard to slog through. I'm posting this about halfway in and I was contemplating just turning it off but I guess I'll stick around through the credits. I can't believe they split this into two movies.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
This was one of their better riffs. Try to stick around even if you can't stand the movie. And yes, the semi-post-credits scene is well worth sticking around for. It is... Ahahahahaha, remahkable.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man is it me or the last few shorts been really depressing, with marriages breaking, people being fired, friendships ruined, business plans ruined, and the death of talking germs!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Y'know I really with the Twilight series was about Bella's dad. He's so much more interesting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just watched it, I think it's actually better than the Eclipse riff, though it does lose steam toward the end as a movie in which nothing happens turns into a movie where somehow even less is happening.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:stare:
That movie sure was something.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Goddamn it I am so torn. Everyone raves about the Twilight riffs...but it would involve watching Twilight.

Should I just knuckle under??

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watch the first two (Twilight and New Moon) for sure. Those are loving laugh-out-loud hilarious at almost every turn. Eclipse and Breaking Dawn definitely have their moments, but they're much more boring than the first two.

After you watch New Moon, you'll think "there's no way a movie can ever be more boring than this", but you'd be surprised :sweatdrop:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

After you watch New Moon, you'll think "there's no way a movie can ever be more boring than this", but you'd be surprised :sweatdrop:

That's exactly what I thought. Jesus Christ how do people stand it?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's exactly what I thought. Jesus Christ how do people stand it?

Two people staring at each other in a field of tall grass is the teenage girl equivalent of shootout with ninja zombies.

They go nuts for it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only thing that gets me through these movies is the hope that there'll be a scene with Ashley Greene in a lowcut dress.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DjorW-QtQk
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RagingBoner posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The only way that could be better is if Cinematic Titanic had a similar video.

Or a live show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming its going to be their next live show.

Edit: Mostly because I'm not exactly sure where people are supposed to get a non-MST3K version of the movie.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 27, 2012

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

RagingBoner posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

So will this be using the restoration the guy here did?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

So will this be using the restoration the guy here did?

Mike posted in the Manos HD thread a while back asking Ben to contact him. I imagine it was for this reason.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I hope during this new Manos riff that Kevin complains repeatedly about having to sit through this turd for a second time, while Bill just sort of sits in dumbfounded silence at the sheer :wtc: of Torgo and the Master.

x!te bike
May 2, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I'm assuming its going to be their next live show.

Edit: Mostly because I'm not exactly sure where people are supposed to get a non-MST3K version of the movie.

You must've missed this whole thing then? Ben Solo's working on a HD remaster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

x!te bike posted:

You must've missed this whole thing then? Ben Solo's working on a HD remaster.

I'm aware of that but they tend to do Riffs of movies that are regularly commercially available(the exception of course being the Star Wars Holiday Special but even that was available on Googlevideo.) It makes more sense that they would get a copy of the remaster and then do a live showing of that.

x!te bike
May 2, 2008

Oh, well it's in the public domain and anyone can get it off the archives in horrible quality: http://www.archive.org/details/ManosTheHandsofFate

E: the full thing's up on youtube too.

Buh
May 17, 2008
Fantastic news! I kind of assumed it was going to happen once the remastering started, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Best Rifftrax joke ever: if Trace and Frank jump in and apologize in the middle of the riff.

• Locked thread