Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
When did Arino chase squirrels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

That was the greatest song. Also, perfect clip for the "FUTSUU DESU!" part.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Yeah it's Director Fujimoto. He hates appearing on camera. And Suda is on the far right, running to catch the train.

Kan said that despite all his insisting that there won't be an extension, they're gonna try for an extension because it would be sad to let the challenge end here.

Thanks! I finally figured out all the staff. Also, is that Ki, a Lemming, and Arino an the banners.

You should sub the music video.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
Can you OD on those cooling pads? I think 4 of those things is going to turn Arino into a popsicle.

Kirall
May 5, 2008
zari-gani, is there anywhere we could view your other works? I've completely fallen in love with your style. :allears:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

joek0 posted:

Thanks! I finally figured out all the staff. Also, is that Ki, a Lemming, and Arino an the banners.

You should sub the music video.

The funeral pic from the Game Over screen in Takeshi's Challenge is the middle banner.

Yes, I'm probably going to sub the music video... but not before my gift presentation :v:

Kirall posted:

zari-gani, is there anywhere we could view your other works? I've completely fallen in love with your style. :allears:

I prefer to stay as anonymous as I can on here so I don't want to link to my other works, but it only takes a teensy amount of internet detective work to find them. Even moreso now.

abraxas posted:

So how long do you figure it's gonna be till they ask you to actually work on the show in some capacity zari-gani? :)

Well, I will say that there are at least two other surprises coming up regarding me and the show (if things work out as planned).

vvv Thanks for the discretion :) And I think I know exactly which blog entry you're talking about because it was tweeted by a big name recently, not to mention it's the ONLY well-known blog entry of mine...

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 24, 2012

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I completely randomly stumbled onto zari-gani's blog, because it was linked to in another thread for completely different reasons. I didn't even make the connection until this live ep. Still, dunno what zari-gani wants, so I'm gonna sit mum for now.

EDIT: ^^^ lol, good thing I was prudent and didn't link anything. But yeah, as zari-gani said, it's really not that difficult.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
:aaaaa: Oh my word, this stream and everything to do with it.

zari-gani, if I may ask: was the birthday present planned far ahead of this event?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I was contacted Jan 19, but I finished the picture three weeks ago to make sure they had enough time to do whatever they wanted to do with it.

Looks like there's no extension for the live challenge because they're going to re-air the whole thing immediately after it ends, but they're going to move him to a different room so he can at least keep playing...? I'm tired from staying up all night so my listening comprehension sucks.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

The funeral pic from the Game Over screen in Takeshi's Challenge is the middle banner.

I forgot about Takeshi's Challenge. But the middle banner looks pretty close to arino. I realize that the 3 banners represent the live challenges he has done. Was there a reason that you did not do a banner for Mighty Bomb Jack.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I pretty much just traced the graphic directly.

Mighty Bomb Jack isn't there because it was a live stage challenge, not a live TV broadcast challenge.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Ugh this sucks. Every now and then everyone will laugh hysterically and I don't have a clue why. My life's goal is to now learn enough of the language in time to understand the next loving live challenge. :argh:

Also that poster rules.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I pretty much just traced the graphic directly.

Mighty Bomb Jack isn't there because it was a live stage challenge, not a live TV broadcast challenge.

That makes sense. When this ends, I am going to watch the Pilotwings raw episode before taking a long nap. What time is it for you zarigani.

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011
Inoko MAX gut punch!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

joek0 posted:

That makes sense. When this ends, I am going to watch the Pilotwings raw episode before taking a long nap. What time is it for you zarigani.

Nearly 9 AM. Looks like there's 50 seconds left in the live show...for the sake of the rerun. But they're gonna hold an extension. Huzzah!

By the way, this is the box I was referring to when I said I think I know what it holds. I was right!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I only just now cottoned onto the brilliance of the 'birds and chinese dragons' motif on his throne. I suppose he has conquered those a few times.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

TIME OBA :(

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
TIME EXTENDO :colbert:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Bye Arino!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
They pulled a Brooker!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Do not even ask posted:

Evidently, it was just them filming an ending for the rerun.

More Kachou = yay!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

We had no idea what was happening in the skype call I am in and were freaking out that he couldn't finish this but then he just picked up the controller again. Screaming ensued.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Do not even ask posted:

EXTENSION YOSH!

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
Did they say how long the extension's for?

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Oh I could watch this Tamage segment subbed if I remembered which episode it was in :v:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

zari-gani posted:

By the way, this is the box I was referring to when I said I think I know what it holds. I was right!

So... what was it? I'm not watching all that closely, multitasking a bit.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

abraxas posted:

Oh I could watch this Tamage segment subbed if I remembered which episode it was in :v:

Flashback, translated by Nagoyan.

Corridor posted:

So... what was it? I'm not watching all that closely, multitasking a bit.

http://tvde.web.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/jlab-dat/k/s/dat1330096218904.jpg

Ah I see, they had to move to the other room because they had the room rented for a limited time.

Wow that anime Arino was awesome. It was made by the person who does the sprites and animations for the royal family bumpers. It's meant to be an eyecatch (the short clip played before going to commercials and then returning from commercials, commonly used in anime).

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 24, 2012

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
Holy holy is that my fax in the top left of the board?

I wish GCCX had an anime, did they say who did the animation?

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
Oh man, that animated short! That was loving cool.

I like how they put your poster on an easel over to the side, zari-gani.

benjiman
Sep 2, 2011
Hehe, my fax made it onto the board! Right in the corner though

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

dear lord

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Fax is second from the top on the far left.

I can now sleep peacefully.

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!
Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize for the 500 Internal Server Errors tonight at https://freshverse.com. I admin there and really take stability seriously. The RTSP is handling the traffic fine, but it seems the chat we use just wasn't able to handle the load of everyone trying to register/log in tonight. Server CPU was above 80% and users were getting booted left and right, (or couldn't view the page at all).

Anyways, I'm glad everyone that stopped by tonight was able to get the stream to work, and I'll make sure to keep Fuji NEXT on throughout the night until they wrap things up.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Are there screenshots of the faxes? Wanted to look for mine

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

shrgnatlas posted:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize for the 500 Internal Server Errors tonight at https://freshverse.com. I admin there and really take stability seriously. The RTSP is handling the traffic fine, but it seems the chat we use just wasn't able to handle the load of everyone trying to register/log in tonight. Server CPU was above 80% and users were getting booted left and right, (or couldn't view the page at all).

Anyways, I'm glad everyone that stopped by tonight was able to get the stream to work, and I'll make sure to keep Fuji NEXT on throughout the night until they wrap things up.

Thanks a LOT for providing this. I came in way, way late and jtv is just awful since it keeps telling me "we've reached the maximum amount of streams from your country" for no reason other than to make some money I'm assuming. Even if it had a few hickups here or there, the stream has been amazingly stable and fine and I'm more than happy to be able to watch this reliably!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

shrgnatlas posted:

Thanks for helping to provide the service. I had never seen such a ridiculously clean and smooth japanese broadcast stream before someone pointed you guys out.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

The fax in the top-left corner looks like Keep Calm And Kacho On, but I just can't tell from the stream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

A pair of cool cats.