Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Shin Funkdoc is streaming more CV3 Grant attempts: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Uranium Anchor please add the part in Yoshi's Island where the guy reading donations says "we have five dollars from Mike Hawks!" to the highlight reel. tia

I can't imagine what a nightmare it is putting the highlight reel and HQ/IQ versions together. Thanks so much for your hard work and mad encoding free of high pitched noise.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
And now Cosmo beat ZFG's record by 6 seconds. This will be really interesting to see once people get used to the route (or figure out what's ideal and/or practical, since there are like 5 different routes people are debating). ZFG was on track for a sub-53 time but messed up Ganonless...

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

canoshiz posted:

And now Cosmo beat ZFG's record by 6 seconds. This will be really interesting to see once people get used to the route (or figure out what's ideal and/or practical, since there are like 5 different routes people are debating). ZFG was on track for a sub-53 time but messed up Ganonless...

Emphasis mine. As Cosmo said, the any% races using these routes are going to be extremely entertaining since this is gonna happen. Runs completely destroyed by a single mistake in a tense moment. :allears:

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

CVagts posted:

In non-OOT news, romscout just beat Symphony of the Night in 19:55.

poo poo. This, I want to see.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If people want to watch a really painful speedrun stream, be sure to check out Caracarn's runs of FFX.

So far he's been alternating between single segment and segmented runs.

For the single segment run, he completed the game in 10 hours and 46 minutes in one sitting on the weekend. He then tried again the next day and had his PS2 crash at almost 7 hours in. Ouch.

On the segmented side, he finally completed part 18 the other day.
It only took 401 attempts to complete the 5 minutes of in game time for that segment.

Fun stuff.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

thark posted:

poo poo. This, I want to see.

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDhsLwrWDDU

I've been watching some of Caracarn. I think he does single segment runs on the weekend and segmented attempts on weekdays.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Caracarn starts the segmented beast at page 28 ; http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/final_fantasy_x.html

It's a good read.

"Segment 8 time: 10 minutes 39 seconds | 560 attempts. (Attempts that got only one random encounter - 5 )"

rashreflection
Sep 19, 2007

So you're the hater, huh?
https://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

I'm just about to go live with more CV3 Grant attempts, minus Devil Josh!

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
Here's my summary of the past week in Megaman:

New world record runs:
MM1 19:56 by coolkid
MM7 100% 46:43 by Obdajr
MMX any% 32:50 by calebhart42 (during a race)
MM9 21:19/32:20 by ExoSDA
MM1 'glitchless' 22:35 by ExoSDA

I'm too lazy to dig up links, but most of these people have highlights on their twitch channels, so google their names. coolkid is 'dabigbooi' on twitch.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Keyboard Kid posted:

Here's my summary of the past week in Megaman:

New world record runs:
MM1 19:56 by coolkid
MM7 100% 46:43 by Obdajr
MMX any% 32:50 by calebhart42 (during a race)
MM9 21:19/32:20 by ExoSDA
MM1 'glitchless' 22:35 by ExoSDA

I'm too lazy to dig up links, but most of these people have highlights on their twitch channels, so google their names. coolkid is 'dabigbooi' on twitch.

Where the hell did I disappear to online that I missed these? Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Any clue where Obdajr's 46:43 is? The only links he has archived concerning MM7 100% recently are a race and some failed attempts at sub 47.

Violen fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 22, 2012

Sirocco
Jan 27, 2009

HEY DIARY! HA HA HA!

canoshiz posted:

Link? I can't find the video anywhere...

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

Violen posted:

Where the hell did I disappear to online that I missed these? Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Any clue where Obdajr's 46:43 is? The only links he has archived concerning MM7 100% recently are a race and some failed attempts at sub 47.

Having trouble finding it at the moment. I'm sure he'll upload a video somewhere.

I'll be working to beat his 100% soon.

I don't know where you'd hear about these times unless you hang out in IRC a ton (#speedrunslive, #sda, #megaman) or hang out in a lot of speedrun streams. I know that Exo's runs and Obda's run are going to SDA submission, but caleb's WR is not a good run (his words, not mine) and coolkid's on emulator.

rashreflection
Sep 19, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

Getting ready for more CV3 Grant action. Let's not get climbing glitches tonight!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Sockfolder just discovered a wrong warp to the opening cinematics.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
sounds not very useful for a speedrun, but very useful I'm sure for a slow run.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Maybe some sort of low% run, somehow?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sockfolder just discovered a wrong warp to the opening cinematics.

I really want to see how badly this can break the game. I want to see someone try the Deku Tree as Adult Link.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Deku Tree as Adult Link is nothing new. I'm pretty sure the current MST route does that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

fleshweasel posted:

Deku Tree as Adult Link is nothing new. I'm pretty sure the current MST route does that.

Correct, it has for a while, ever since sub-3h was a pipe dream.

You just super-slide into the loading zone from outside after you finish the Forest Temple.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Captain Novolin posted:

I really want to see how badly this can break the game. I want to see someone try the Deku Tree as Adult Link.

Adult Link Deku Tree had been a staple of MST runs for a while.

Im just waiting for when they figure out how to warp out of Links tree house into the end credits.

rashreflection
Sep 19, 2007

Yep, more CV3 attempts! At least I'm getting an earlier start this time.

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004

rashreflection posted:

Yep, more CV3 attempts! At least I'm getting an earlier start this time.

How long before you get tired of a single game? I've gotten to the point where I still hear the CV3 music playing in my head after you've quit.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
He's really drat close to the goal, though. I think he's definitely showed that sub-31 is possible, and it'd be kind of silly to just give up on it now after all the improvement he's gotten in it. He's still refining a lot of the poo poo. It's pretty crazy.

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice
I saw him get 31:04 in castlevania 3 with a few screw ups that cost at least 10 seconds, I have a feeling he will get sub 31 in a day or two.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

McGrady posted:

I saw him get 31:04 in castlevania 3 with a few screw ups that cost at least 10 seconds, I have a feeling he will get sub 31 in a day or two.

Yeah it's definitely going to happen soon, he's been making good progress over the past few weeks in getting his time down.

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice

evilalien posted:

Yeah it's definitely going to happen soon, he's been making good progress over the past few weeks in getting his time down.

His game is pretty off tonight, he seems to be distracted by the chat stream quite a bit.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Here's one way to end a 5 hour run of FFX.

rashreflection
Sep 19, 2007

yes, it's this again! Studied today so I can go in without guilt!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hrm, doesn't show that he's live for me.

Edit: Never mind, there it goes. :downs:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Also, congrats to Peaches for destroying his own record time in Blast Corps by over 5 minutes earlier today.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

rashreflection posted:

yes, it's this again! Studied today so I can go in without guilt!
I've been making my way trough the marathon videos, and I found his CV runs entertaining and well explained.

Also, way to go peaches!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

rashreflection posted:

Fourth time I've watched this stream, today after listening, you've become one of my favourite streamers. Ace speedruns and rad opionions? Subscribed.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Vakal posted:

Also, congrats to Peaches for destroying his own record time in Blast Corps by over 5 minutes earlier today.

Wow, gonna have to check the archives for that.

Wikiman
May 30, 2011
Chiming in to say that Funkdoc is an amazingly chill streamer and makes everything interesting to watch.
Subscribed fo' sho'.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

evilalien posted:

Wow, gonna have to check the archives for that.

The quality is pretty bad. I'm uploading the captured video to youtube right now!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wikiman posted:

Chiming in to say that Funkdoc is an amazingly chill streamer and makes everything interesting to watch.
Subscribed fo' sho'.

He's also really helpful with answering questions about games on the Stream, though a lot of people in his chat are dumb. But that seems to be how it goes.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Still miles ahead of siglemic or cosmo's stream chat, but that is also a really low bar.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
One of the biggest stream problems I've seen with some of the speedrunners, notably ZFG, cosmo, and Sig, is that they went from no viewers to a lot of viewers in little time at all, so they didn't settle in with enough moderators to monitor the chat. So there's like 400 viewers in ZFG's chat with like six mods, so there are trolls and spammers that get through easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

CVagts posted:

One of the biggest stream problems I've seen with some of the speedrunners, notably ZFG, cosmo, and Sig, is that they went from no viewers to a lot of viewers in little time at all, so they didn't settle in with enough moderators to monitor the chat. So there's like 400 viewers in ZFG's chat with like six mods, so there are trolls and spammers that get through easily.

Siglemic used to have a ton of mods but he settled on having fewer because he was sick of getting messages from people asking to be unbanned. Also because he likes the trolling for the most part.

• Locked thread