Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Australia's finally getting Comic-Con (With Stan Lee and Sir Patrick Stewart :swoon: )

Wait, really? When and where is that happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

The Sezza posted:

Wait, really? When and where is that happening?

http://www.ozcomiccon.com/

I only just caught wind of it recently. It's in Melbourne, and, for some bizarre reason, Adelaide.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Over in the webcomics thread there was just a mini Homestuck discussion, and I noticed that there was some confusion as to where MSPA actually started. I figure everyone who might actually care about this would read this thread, so I'll post this here.

It actually started on what is now the MSPA Forums: http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?23660-MS-Paint-Adventure-Jailbreak

It may seem strange, since the forums as they are now clearly reference MSPA as the entity that's existed since Problem Sleuth. That's because before April 2009, the MSPA Forums were called the Gangbunch Fora. The site was just a small place where Andrew and his other webcomic drawing friends hung out. He reworked it into the MSPA Forums right before Homestuck started to give people a better place to post suggestions than the blog he'd been using for Problem Sleuth and to give the community a sort of "home base".

This has been your MSPA history lesson for today.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

See, that confuses the heck out of me, because I read Jailbreak somewhere before I knew about MSPA, and I could have sworn it was in GBS with people submitting directions.

I remember Drillgorg and everything.

Maybe it was a copycat, or he reposted it?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bobulus posted:

See, that confuses the heck out of me, because I read Jailbreak somewhere before I knew about MSPA, and I could have sworn it was in GBS with people submitting directions.

I remember Drillgorg and everything.

Maybe it was a copycat, or he reposted it?

I mean, there were some things in GBS that worked kind of like Jailbreak, like this one, but I don't think Hussie or Drillgorg were involved.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He doesn't have an SA account, so I dunno! Zorak either bought him one or offered to a while back, but as far as I know he never used it and definitely didn't have one before.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
If I recall, those kinds of things were pretty popular in GBS a while ago, maybe around the time of the glut of "MS paint circles trying to be squares" type threads, which is why I, too was confused as to the origin of MSPA.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I thought MSPA started on the Penny Arcade forums? I'd heard that somewhere.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You heard wrong, I guess? Andrew and his friends were all active on the Penny Arcade forums as well, but I just linked you to the original Jailbreak thread with the suggestions in their original posts and everything.

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff originated on the PA forums, so maybe you're thinking of that.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

You heard wrong, I guess? Andrew and his friends were all active on the Penny Arcade forums as well, but I just linked you to the original Jailbreak thread with the suggestions in their original posts and everything.

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff originated on the PA forums, so maybe you're thinking of that.

Wizardology was a PA forums thing originally - he was still Special-Olympics/s_o there too, so I think he started out with non-MSPA stuff there.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
That Saw/Muppet Babies/Metalbourne fanfiction was also a PA forums thing. Can't forget about that! :v:

e/ I may be getting confused with wizardology.

e2/ No I do not know why I would confuse those two things ever.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 24, 2012

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

That Saw/Muppet Babies/Metalbourne fanfiction was also a PA forums thing. Can't forget about that! :v:

Nah, that was MSPA Forums, in the old old days, I think - Andrew + Byron Hussie, and Michael Firman, wasn't it? Unless it was ported over from the PA forums renaissance robot. would you like renaissance robot would you like to play a GAME

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Man, I am both happy and sad that I only have 16 months worth of Homestuck left to catch up with you guys.

Time for a dance party.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/scraps/D4NC3P4RTYON3.gif

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

glug posted:

Man, I am both happy and sad that I only have 16 months worth of Homestuck left to catch up with you guys.

Time for a dance party.

I hope you're ready for some really heavy stuff up ahead.

And also the ridiculously involved interactive flash.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

glug posted:

Time for a dance party.

Protip: make sure you have about fifteen minutes handy before going into the End of Act 5 flash.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Protip: make sure you have about fifteen minutes handy before going into the End of Act 5 flash.

Noooooooo, you need at least thirty. Watching just once isn't enough, and it takes a bit longer than most flashes to load up the first time.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
currentGlug opened memo on board FRUITY RUMPUS rear end in a top hat FACTORY.
futureGlug RIGHT NOW responded to memo
Past me is going to probably feel pretty smug when he finds out that

some weird breeding mechanism with the human team ends up creating the 12 trolls, where each is some combination of a pair of humans (4*3=12)

CG: Spoiler that poo poo
CG banned FG from posting in the memo.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ahahahahahaha I will neither validate nor deny your theories

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
What are you doing, Roxy. You are too young to be a crazy cat lady.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I guess Hussie's now going to get besieged by crappy webcomic authors asking for a crossover Mutini gimmick kitten for their comic.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Bell_ posted:

I guess Hussie's now going to get besieged by crappy webcomic authors asking for a crossover Mutini gimmick kitten for their comic.

Dammit Doctor Cat! Come back from hiatus so this can happen :(

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bell_ posted:

They'd just get run over by a car as soon as the character changed ownership anyway...

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Wait, breeding? So an ectobiological mutant can mutate enough that the result is of a different gender to the original?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slime posted:

Wait, breeding? So an ectobiological mutant can mutate enough that the result is of a different gender to the original?

Apparently. Brace for the zillion smutty fanfics based off of this concept now.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Slime posted:

I assume (hope) that they're referring to ectobiological breeding.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Remember how much assistance Meowgon Spengler was pressing buttons for John? Well, it turns out the more Meowgon clones you have, the faster they press buttons.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Tollymain posted:

Apparently. Brace for the zillion smutty fanfics based off of this concept now.

I'm genuinely surprised there aren't already, what with all the ALL TROLLS HAVE DICKS art floating about, like algae in a scummy pond.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
So many cats :3:

I wonder how they all get fed?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can only assume they eat Tinkerbulls

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm genuinely surprised there aren't already, what with all the ALL TROLLS HAVE DICKS art floating about, like algae in a scummy pond.

Don't go in! You might accidentally ingest neurotoxins.

glug posted:

Time for a dance party.

Keep going you're almost there!

Also, I think you're getting to the part where the huge bulk of the fandom discovered the comic. To think, Homestuck would never have been so popular if it weren't for the trolls.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 25, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So it looks like Roxy's going to send Jaspers back into the alternate timeline to continue (complete? I've lost track) the loop. At least, that's what it looks like.

I love how by now stuff like this is just par for the course.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
*clank noises*?

Oooh I hope it's Sawtooth.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

*clank noises*?

Oooh I hope it's Sawtooth.

Watch it be an Imperial Drone that has broken in.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Homestuck posted:

Why did you have to clone so many cats? Why did they all have to breed so much?

Why do they all have to be so friendly???
Because you're all alone in that house and you desperately need a friend, Roxy. :(

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
is meowcat a reference to nyancat or am i missing something here?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Why would it be a reference to nyancat.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

snucks posted:

is meowcat a reference to nyancat or am i missing something here?

It's a reference to people and the way they talk. You've never seen someone say 'moocow' or the like?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

flatluigi posted:

Why would it be a reference to nyancat.

For the record, I don't think it's a reference to nyancat, but isn't 'nyan' the word the Japenese use for the sound a cat makes, like we use 'meow'? That's probably what snucks is thinking of?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bobulus posted:

For the record, I don't think it's a reference to nyancat, but isn't 'nyan' the word the Japenese use for the sound a cat makes, like we use 'meow'? That's probably what snucks is thinking of?

Yes, nyan is the Japanese onomatopoeia for cat noises.

e: Update. was there a scene with a disappearing scarf that I dont remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Yeah, that scene isn't coming to mind for me either.