Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
El Dibalo...Dios Mios!....EL DIABLO!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftUR6AFTNMA

I can watch this clip over and over and I laugh every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I really think I'm falling for you...*flip flip flip*...Joseph Puglia...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

haljordan posted:

What kind of company would hire NEWMAN to conduct highly complicated and dangerous espionage (that requires a lot of fast movement)?

DODGSON! WE GOT DODGSON HERE!

Seasons 8 and 9 are practically from a different show, but they were still the best thing on TV at the time. The jokes played much broader, faster and looser yet still maintained the characters and relationships the audience recognized - it was almost a live-action Simpsons, and I don't mean that in a negative way. Perhaps I'm biased because those were the seasons I was watching live, but many of those episodes are among my favorites.

Basilson
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, right, buddy, liquor store robbery, officer down. Sure. And I'm Edward G. Robinson.
Wait, that's you?... The M&M should be you.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JethroMcB posted:

DODGSON! WE GOT DODGSON HERE!

No one cares!

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Basilson posted:

Wait, that's you?... The M&M should be you.

"when did you make this?"
"...yesterday, took the day off."

Of all George's characteristics, his focused and determined avoidance of work is probably the most admirable. Like when he dug himself in at the company that wanted rid of him.

"I'm like a weed!"
"I thought you were Hitler in his bunker."
"I'm a weed in Hitler's bunker!"
"...getting a little uncomfortable with all the Hitler stuff."

I've personally used the 'annoyed face to looks busy' tactic to great effect many times.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

joedevola posted:

"when did you make this?"
"...yesterday, took the day off."

Of all George's characteristics, his focused and determined avoidance of work is probably the most admirable. Like when he dug himself in at the company that wanted rid of him.

"I'm like a weed!"

I've personally used the 'annoyed face to looks busy' tactic to great effect many times.

I like how they completely boarded up the door, forcing George to crawl through a heating duct to get into his office. Or when they had some guys come by to sandblast for four hours.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

joedevola posted:

So have I, I honestly think it's legitimately brilliant.

It tied in so perfectly to that episode too with all the "Tell that son of a bitch!" stuff and Wilhelm mistaking it for actual anger.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"A muffin top store?"
"What did I JUST SAY?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

joedevola posted:

Well, you've got a LOT TO DO!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

joedevola posted:

"I'm like a weed!"

George is in the bloodstream!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

haljordan posted:

What kind of company would hire NEWMAN to conduct highly complicated and dangerous espionage (that requires a lot of fast movement)? No wonder they're behind.

This would be where I'd post that shot of Newman getting out of the sports car at the end of the muffin tops episode. You know, with the sunglasses and everything.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sash! posted:

This would be where I'd post that shot of Newman getting out of the sports car at the end of the muffin tops episode. You know, with the sunglasses and everything.

Also, Mr. Tomasulo picked the wrong man to hire because he was fake handicapped!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Poque posted:

"A muffin top store?"
"What did I JUST SAY?"

I loved this bit because it came out of nowhere. The dude doesn't show up at all besides that one scene. He's just some random rear end in a top hat, it's hilarious.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I never heard of this Skip Collector. And frankly, it sounds made up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"What is a barometer, exactly?"
"It's pronounced 'thermometer'!"
":geno:"

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

haljordan posted:

I like how they completely boarded up the door, forcing George to crawl through a heating duct to get into his office. Or when they had some guys come by to sandblast for four hours.

Hello, Margerie? How are you sweetheart? Listen, can you give Mr. Thomassoulo a message for me? Yes, if he needs me tell him I'M IN MY OFFICE!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

potee posted:

Hello, Margerie? How are you sweetheart? Listen, can you give Mr. Thomassoulo a message for me? Yes, if he needs me tell him I'M IN MY OFFICE!

And they were gonna install asbestos too. I love the mental image of Play Now calling up the contractors and saying "Yeah we just need to have some guys come over to sandblast. Oh, and do you install asbestos? No no, not remove it. INSTALL it. Yeah, that's right."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

potee posted:

":stare: I'll see you in hell, Costanza!"

Mr. Thomassoulo's delivery of that line gets me every loving time, he's just so loving livid with George.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Poque posted:

"A muffin top store?"
"What did I JUST SAY?"

But, it's not "Top of the muffin TO YOU!"

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Capt. Sticl posted:

But, it's not "Top of the muffin TO YOU!"

No, no, it is!

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Coffee And Pie posted:

No, no, it is!

Coffee and Pie, these ideas are all in the air

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I've seen muffin tops for sale in a couple grocery stores...but they made the same problem Mr.Lippman did! They just baked the top...they need to bake the whole muffin, and then...[i]pop[/]i the top.

LARRY JEW
Jan 7, 2010

Mopey Dick
So I've seen every episode multiple times and have all the seasons but I've never seen the finally and never really had an urge to. I vaguely know what it's about (please don't spoil it) but from what I could gather from Curb is that it wasn't very good? What did you guys think?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've seen muffin tops for sale in a couple grocery stores...but they made the same problem Mr.Lippman did! They just baked the top...they need to bake the whole muffin, and then...[i]pop[/]i the top.

...How did they taste?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mike Tysons CARFAX posted:

So I've seen every episode multiple times and have all the seasons but I've never seen the finally and never really had an urge to. I vaguely know what it's about (please don't spoil it) but from what I could gather from Curb is that it wasn't very good? What did you guys think?

It's been discussed here before, but some factors contributing to the overall negative reaction:
-It was very hyped, and they tried to make it a "special" episode. They would have been better off having a standard episode that hints at where the characters go.
-It aired right after series overview clip show. Part of the fun of the episode is seeing old characters, which you lose after watching the clip show.

I would say you should watch it. There's some good stuff in it, especially the first half.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
What episodes do you feel like most people havent seen, the ones rarely discussed even though they might be really good? For me it's The Close Talker with the best plotline being George faking a trip to Paris with prewritten postcards to get out of having to be a Big Brother to little Joey, then it backfires and he ends up forced to take Joey on an actual trip to Paris that he pays for.

Also the episode where the Seinfelds admit to loathing the Costanzas.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

jojoinnit posted:

Also the episode where the Seinfelds admit to loathing the Costanzas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfaO3A-m13Q

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I hate her like poison.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

jojoinnit posted:

What episodes do you feel like most people havent seen, the ones rarely discussed even though they might be really good? For me it's The Close Talker with the best plotline being George faking a trip to Paris with prewritten postcards to get out of having to be a Big Brother to little Joey, then it backfires and he ends up forced to take Joey on an actual trip to Paris that he pays for.

I thought George and Joey took the Seinfeld's place on the charter that they missed due to their place in Florida getting broken into? Stupid Klompus, breaking a window.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

The Human Cow posted:

I hate her like poison.

You stick up for that sofa like I'm criticizing a person.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Well he could've dropped acid while you weren't looking!

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I WILL NOT TOLERATE INFESTATION!

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I'm sure I'm not alone in that the only pleasure I get from watching Luck is getting the chance to repeat Kramer's OTB gibberish.

"It's a lock! He's got the bug boy on him."

"The bug boy?"

"Yeah, his father was a mudder. His mother was a mudder. Loves the slop, eats the slop, born to slop!."

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hel-LOOOOOO! La la luuuuuuh!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
HOLA!
HELLOOOO!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
(upside down exclamation point)Uno momento, por favor!

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Eduardo Corrochio

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Well Saab is going out of business. No more Black Saab :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

jojoinnit posted:

Well Saab is going out of business. No more Black Saab :(

Wait a second. Mr. Pennypacker, if you're here, and Mr. Vandelay is also here, then who's watching the factory?

The Saab factory?