Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Dogen posted:

We have one of those, over here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2387142

Hm. I could have sworn. Sorry guys. I'll post a pic or two of my lovely setup when I clean up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alligator
Jun 10, 2009

LOCK AND LOAF

Shogunner posted:

Dt770pro80's, Senn 558s, SRH840s, ATHM50s (but these are terrible so im selling em)

Trust me I know they're not higher end headphones. I bit the bullet and rented HE-500's from my local headphone store, but the price difference wasn't worth it on my friends darkvoice 337 + his DAC which I forget. Head-Fi generally agrees, past 300 bucks, the differences you're getting are pretty subtle. Atleast for modern stuff, not like reference jazz or whatever. Oh and I don't care about the cables, the original argument predates Tufty coming into the thread with his bros, they just got mad at the hint of buying good headphones and how gold plating made them even more expensive and thus pointless back on a steam chat, whereas I don't care if they do.
silver is the most conductive anything why didnt you silver plate them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Shogunner posted:

Dt770pro80's, Senn 558s, SRH840s, ATHM50s (but these are terrible so im selling em)

Trust me I know they're not higher end headphones. I bit the bullet and rented HE-500's from my local headphone store, but the price difference wasn't worth it on my friends darkvoice 337 + his DAC which I forget. Head-Fi generally agrees, past 300 bucks, the differences you're getting are pretty subtle. Atleast for modern stuff, not like reference jazz or whatever. Oh and I don't care about the cables, the original argument predates Tufty coming into the thread with his bros, they just got mad at the hint of buying good headphones and how gold plating made them even more expensive and thus pointless back on a steam chat, whereas I don't care if they do.

Would you mind not derailing the desktop thread a second time because of some moronic crap that happened on another program. I like coming in here to see peoples setups not you sperging about headphones and getting mad.

Dogen posted:

My office at home.

My fat cat demands the luxury of my falling apart Ikea chair, so I sit in this surprisingly comfortable plastic dining chair a lot of the day.

This will not be my work desk much longer since I got another job at an actual office that I have to go into, so I thought I would commemorate and comply with the request for more Ikea desks (I think this is the Galant with I frame legs).

What case is that? It looks familiar but it's too wide to be mine.

SRQ fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 25, 2012

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Corsair 650D, rocking a demciflex filter on top to keep dust out (I switched the top to intake for positive pressure).

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008
Home sweet hovel.

This is the entirety of my living space until the end of my contract. only 7 more months to go =/

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"

ReverendCode posted:

Home sweet hovel.

This is the entirety of my living space until the end of my contract. only 7 more months to go =/

Cool gun.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

MW posted:

Cool gun.

poo poo, he forgot the milk..

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Gun.. Mirror..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9CkhBb18E

Chopper
Feb 13, 2006

ReverendCode posted:

Home sweet hovel.

What's the deal with the M16?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Chopper posted:

What's the deal with the M16?

More like "Why does you holster have no safety?"

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Stupid sunlight and iPhone camera make for a difficult picture.

In the top left is a 37" LCD TV but it's old and not HDCP compatible [I didn't know it mattered] so I can't really use it for anything.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 26, 2012

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Is that a CM Centurion case?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Godinster posted:

Stupid sunlight and iPhone camera make for a difficult picture.

In the top left is a 37" LCD TV but it's old and not HDCP compatible [I didn't know it mattered] so I can't really use it for anything.

Sure you can. Just use a program that bypasses / a media player that ignores HDCP.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

SEKCobra posted:

More like "Why does you holster have no safety?"

Uh it's a serpa holster?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Dogen posted:

Is that a CM Centurion case?

It's a CoolerMaster HAF 922. It's quite big and loves to eat dust like a motherfucker but it does a really good job of keeping airflow once I added an extra fan.

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008

Sennheiser 595s in the bottom left. The desk is pretty cool for what it is (two big slabs of particleboard). Believe it or not, the mug being oriented the way it is was completely a coincidence.

Work:

gnrk fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 27, 2012

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Desktop, home server on the left, computer on the right that I just built. Also computer desks are for squares.

Goon cave- LG HDTV, Pool Table, Ping pong table off camera. Sofa, two recliners.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

dougdrums posted:

Uh it's a serpa holster?

Yeah a SERPA 1, those are pretty much as save as any IWI & Co in the being drawn by others department.

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

horchata posted:

I decided to go ahead and mark up where I thought I would put the desk and the bed. Not quite sure if it's going to work out...

There is no way I'd put a galant in that room. You're going to absolutely hate how little space to move around you'll have. I'd honestly go with a writers desk of some sort - the shallow type.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Did someone say ikea furniture?

Finally got a new desk for my house.

Next thing to buy is 24" or 27" monitor to hook the MBA up too.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

mattfl posted:

I have this lamp. It is a pro lamp.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
It's not a $200 lamp is it? I remember some dude posted his $200 lamp in this thread before.

A $200 lamp.

Hibame
Feb 20, 2008

mattfl posted:

What did you do to connect the top to the bookshelf/ how much weight would you trust on top near the bookcase?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Hibame posted:

What did you do to connect the top to the bookshelf/ how much weight would you trust on top near the bookcase?

They sell it to do that, so I believe there's a bracket of some kind that does the connection. I'm sure it has stated weight limits as well.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

mattfl posted:

Use the fat powercord that's in your Macbook Air box and connect it to your powerstrip, then connect it to your charger. That way you don't have to crawl under your desk to unplug your computer when you leave the house.

coldplay chiptunes posted:

It's not a $200 lamp is it? I remember some dude posted his $200 lamp in this thread before.

A $200 lamp.

Pff if you use it every day for 3 years that's like 20 cents a day.

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

Bob Morales posted:

Use the fat powercord that's in your Macbook Air box and connect it to your powerstrip, then connect it to your charger. That way you don't have to crawl under your desk to unplug your computer when you leave the house.

I never understood the point of that extra cable except for more length until now. Ironically I don't even own any MBP/MBAs any longer.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It's also great if you don't want to have your airport express stuck on a power strip or wall socket, mine is cozy behind the back of the stereo for airtunes purposes.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

coldplay chiptunes posted:

A $200 lamp.

It's not. I also have this not-$200 lamp and it is, in fact, pro.

Ikea of course.

The bottom breaks really easily if you drop it though. I forgot the base isn't actually attached to the lamp so I picked it up by the body and slid it off my table to move it and WHAM.

So uh, don't be dumb like me.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Martytoof posted:

So uh, don't be dumb like me.

I haven't moved it in years, but I do remember that the base is abnormally heavy, which makes it feel solid.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yes, which only makes it that much worse when it falls. It's not just going to break, it's gonna break.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Hibame posted:

When you buy the desk part of that set, it comes with these 2 brackets that screw into the desk and then attach into the bookshelf.

If you look closely in this image, sorry it's the best I could find while at work you can see the clampy looking things. They kind of screw into the bookshelf. As far as weight, I mean, I wouldn't go sitting on it, but it seems stable enough for a few monitors and whatever other computing equipment you'd put on a normal desk. They are pretty heavy duty clamp things.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

Pff if you use it every day for 3 years that's like 20 cents a day.

Wow, I didn't even think of that for the power cable. Thanks!

And yeah, it's a $30 lamp from ikea!

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

mattfl posted:

When you buy the desk part of that set, it comes with these 2 brackets that screw into the desk and then attach into the bookshelf.

If you look closely in this image, sorry it's the best I could find while at work you can see the clampy looking things. They kind of screw into the bookshelf. As far as weight, I mean, I wouldn't go sitting on it, but it seems stable enough for a few monitors and whatever other computing equipment you'd put on a normal desk. They are pretty heavy duty clamp things.

This almost makes me want to get rid of my current desk with side (small) expedit and make something like this (maybe combination of geek-desk features).

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Dogen posted:

(I think this is the Galant with I frame legs).

That actually looks more like a Jerker without the top. The Galant doesn't have that support beam or whatever it is running between the legs.

edit: Guess not v:shobon:v

glompix fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 29, 2012

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

glompix posted:

That actually looks more like a Jerker without the top. The Galant doesn't have that support beam or whatever it is running between the legs.

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't check, but isn't that the Frederik?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

mediaphage posted:

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't check, but isn't that the Frederik?

Yup. I have the same desk.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yes! Fredrik, thank you.

The support thingy running between the legs has a compartment in it for cable hidin', it's where my AEBS AC adapter and a lot of slack displayport cable currently reside.

probably drunk
Dec 25, 2009

by Lowtax

Shogunner posted:

But, I've heard it. Standard and my Gold 4AA's on a vinyl system, sure it wasn't crazy massive, but you could hear it.

I know I came late to this party but hahahahahaha

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

vty posted:

There is no way I'd put a galant in that room. You're going to absolutely hate how little space to move around you'll have. I'd honestly go with a writers desk of some sort - the shallow type.
actually I think I got it figured out, I'm ditching the bedframe to allow more space to use a right-corner galant instead of the previous left-corner one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

horchata posted:

actually I think I got it figured out, I'm ditching the bedframe to allow more space to use a right-corner galant instead of the previous left-corner one

Why get a corner desk at all in this room? Why not just a straight on desk?