Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

We saw the scarf in Rose's room, I think, at some point. Or, at least, knitting yarn in those two colors.

And obviously pre-scratch adult Roxy wore a big scarf, so this is probably a reference to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We haven't seen it because she's appearifying B2 Rose, not B1 Rose.

(maybe?)

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bobulus posted:

We saw the scarf in Rose's room, I think, at some point. Or, at least, knitting yarn in those two colors.

And obviously pre-scratch adult Roxy wore a big scarf, so this is probably a reference to that.

Yeah, there were two scarves in Rose's room. One of which looks exactly like the one that was swiped by Roxy.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
EDIT: Nevermind, misunderstood something.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This reonion can not happen soon enough.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Fister Roboto posted:

We haven't seen it because she's appearifying B2 Rose, not B1 Rose.

(maybe?)

Roxy thinks this is the case, but it's not. Her appearifier is locked on to B1 Rose ("our" Rose, as opposed to Rose that is functionally Roxy's mother and is now apparently dead).

This is pretty obvious if you look at all this Jaspers stuff that is in the process of having already gone down.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Boneless Jogger posted:

Yeah, there were two scarves in Rose's room. One of which looks exactly like the one that was swiped by Roxy.

As far as I know we've never actually seen her wear one like that. What she had was a pink scarf from her mom's old room in the lab (which I guess this parallels), and an alchemized outfit that involved her various knittings. So unless the machine somehow picked it up from somewhere else in the room and helpfully wrapped it around the slime imprint, this is from a moment we weren't privy to, if it is B1 Rose. (Which, as noted by a robot above, it almost certainly is if this is the machine Roxy used to accidentally steal Jaspers.)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, if she's taking the scarf from the same point she returns the dead cat, this will have happened before the story started.

..guess Rose made a replacement scarf?

edit: After all these years, Hussie still gets me from time to time with these captchalogue jokes. :unsmith:

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 25, 2012

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The thing is this scarf looks too long to be the one Rose knit.

Bobulus posted:

After all these years, Hussie still gets me from time to time with these captchalogue jokes. :unsmith:

I'm pretty sure the bottle in this case was thrown by the someone else in the lab. :ssh:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

*clank noises*?

Oooh I hope it's Sawtooth.

Zorak posted:

Watch it be an Imperial Drone that has broken in.

Either of these options would be pretty goddamn awesome.

Comedy option: People think B2 Rose is still alive because the Condesce replaced her with a robot double, and now it's on it's way to off Roxy.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Midnight Raider posted:

Comedy option: People think B2 Rose is still alive because the Condesce replaced her with a robot double, and now it's on it's way to IRONICALLY DOTE ON Roxy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So I'm not sure how significant this is but there seem to be two things that are unusual about that bottle.

As YF-23 noted, it seems to have come from behind Roxy rather than from her, as though someone else threw it.

It also didn't captchalogue the slime on a card, rather actually putting it physically inside the bottle.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Pretty sure this is just a joke about how this is the first time she's tried to capchalogue a liquid/gel, and rather than the bottle storing an abstract, it just filled the bottle.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Roxy is going to prototype all of the kittens. All of them. Her sprite will be a million kittens.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Right, so this is where she got the cat - should have expected it to be more obvious since the analogue of the other machine in the B1 lab was locked to the B1 universe. This means it's entirely likely that slime imprint was from B2 Rose after all.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

This means it's entirely likely that slime imprint was from B2 Rose after all.

It almost definitely is, since the two use vastly different amounts of power.

quote:

But it uses a massive amount of power, far more than the simpler appearifier uses.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 25, 2012

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Roxy is going to prototype all of the kittens. All of them. Her sprite will be a million kittens.

Kittylegionsprite.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yes, I agree.

Incidentally, it does seem like there's some very targeted sabotage going on here. Someone was making sure the transmaterializer (and perhaps the appearifier, although that wasn't damaged) had just the right coordinates set. Wonder what's with that. Servants of the batterwitch? Rose, not dead after all? We were just told Roxy couldn't investigate her death...

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Starmaker posted:

To think, Homestuck would never have been so popular if it weren't for the trolls.

Not really the Trolls so much as their ridiculous and open-to-fanwankery romance system.

It recently occurred to me that the whole Troll Romance thing is essentially a parody of the hosed up relationships of the Greek/Roman gods, which considering the Trolls are the Homestuck Pantheon makes a lot of sense.

The fact that fans take it seriously is just silly.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I got the impression Roxy herself locked the appearifier on her mum (likely in hopes that she could see what happened to her on the screen). And This whole thing is almost definitely targeted on the B1 universe. In fact, it's almost certainly a bifurcated lab meteor that put it there, that has been locked on the B1 universe from as early as the B1 session (which would explain why, despite being in B2, it's still locked on B1, provided the bifurcation theory is correct).

I also have a feeling that B1 Rose and Dave and B2 Roxy and Dirk are the exact same characters as their "versions" in the other universe. This would explain why B2 Rose has the black-out (carries it from when she went grimdark in the session), and B2 Rose and Dave are challenging the Batterwitch: they KNOW who she is. It would also likely explain how B1 Roxy and Dirk were as strong as they were, and might put Jasper's funeral in a different light: Roxy as Rose's mum KNEW what had caused Jasper's death and felt legitimate guilt, which is why she went as far as she went with his funeral.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Not really the Trolls so much as their ridiculous and open-to-fanwankery romance system.

It recently occurred to me that the whole Troll Romance thing is essentially a parody of the hosed up relationships of the Greek/Roman gods, which considering the Trolls are the Homestuck Pantheon makes a lot of sense.

The fact that fans take it seriously is just silly.

I dunno if it's troll romance specifically - I think it's more that trolls allow a much more versatile, anything-goes playground (without adults!) in which you can design a character. Said character can reflect as much of you as you want, but doesn't have to deal with all the bad/dull parts of your life, and can have special powers and cool unique powers and stuff without feeling 'oh no, I'm a Mary Sue'. I distinctly remember fantrolls being a Big Thing before the Troll Romance section.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yeah, this has come up before. A large part of that is how easy it is to madlib up a fantroll by just filling in the horn shape, blood colour, shirt symbol, typing quirk slots.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Also because Karkat is amazing

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Is there such thing as a non-lovely fantroll? Is it possible?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

snucks posted:

Yes, but there's only ever been one.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I wrote another piece of Homestuck fanmusic and I don't even know what character it should be for. Maybe it's a sign that not all the music I put on Tumblr has to be about Homestuck.

I was thinking Rose/Roxy, but maybe Jade?

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

snucks posted:

If the predictions are correct, we may see one in UU.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
But UU isn't a fantroll, by the basic definition that Andrew Hussie is writing her.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YggiDee posted:

But UU isn't a fantroll, by the basic definition that Andrew Hussie is writing her.

But she has all the other attributes of a fantroll, so she basically counts.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

And now, Jaspers is moving on to complete his circle. It's almost a little sad that Jaspersprite at one point said he didn't love the other little girl as much as Rose. On the other hand, Rose didn't kill him with a book. :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Midnight Raider posted:

And now, Jaspers is moving on to complete his circle. It's almost a little sad that Jaspersprite at one point said he didn't love the other little girl as much as Rose. On the other hand, Rose didn't kill him with a book. :v:
Well, it's kinda understandable. Rose spent all her time playing psychological analysis with Jaspers. Roxy probably only gives Ja--- whatever she calls him, token amounts of time while she spends most of her efforts getting sloshed, haxxoring and making mutant cats.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
In regards to the scarf, did we ever get an explanation to this tea set & scarf or this little girl's room in Rose's lab?

I looked through all the Rose pages following, up until when Rose enters, and the scarf appears to stay in the house up until that point at least. I suppose it is entirely possible it was from Rose in the same universe, but the other machine being locked to the B1 universe, as well as having appearified Jaspers from the machine she just obtained the scarf from, suggests otherwise.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I think it's pretty interesting that the A1/A2/B1/B2 terms for the universes have been given canon status. I wonder if the letters and numbers will mean something besides the obvious designations.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Today Michael Bowman and company held a free concert in a friend's backyard. This is the first even to kick off their SXSW debut. They played a bunch of Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido, Ithaca, and various other Homestuck tracks. It basically looked like the internet had a party.

Michael Bowman Clark Powell, Erik Scheele, Mark Nabors, Tavia Morra, and me. They were all super super friendly, and just seemed really happy that so many people showed up (about 50 or so). Tavia belly danced during Even in Death, and they played Flare twice. There was even a Squiddles and How Do I Live sing-a-long. All in all, a lot of fun.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Cavatica posted:

Today Michael Bowman and company held a free concert in a friend's backyard. This is the first even to kick off their SXSW debut. They played a bunch of Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido, Ithaca, and various other Homestuck tracks. It basically looked like the internet had a party.

Michael Bowman Clark Powell, Erik Scheele, Mark Nabors, Tavia Morra, and me. They were all super super friendly, and just seemed really happy that so many people showed up (about 50 or so). Tavia belly danced during Even in Death, and they played Flare twice. There was even a Squiddles and How Do I Live sing-a-long. All in all, a lot of fun.

I caught the Livestream. Their I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew cover is really something.

(also Jit isn't in that picture)

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Walliard posted:

I caught the Livestream. Their I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew cover is really something.

(also Jit isn't in that picture)

Whoops, just noticed that. He was cut out, but that's his black sleeve.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
End of Act 6 Act 2, I think. Interesting song - if I had to guess, it's fromt he upcoming fan album.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Ahahahahaha Maplehoof easter eggs are the best easter eggs.

e: ....Did Minihoof just say "Moo", or am I mishearing things?

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 26, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Looks like preparations to transition into another intermission, yeah.

Also, in case anyone missed it: secret pony callback. The "cotton candy" bit is likely to raise some eyebrows but I'd advise against reading too much into it for now.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Secret pony is the best thing in this entire comic.