Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Literally Sharks posted:

Secret pony is the best thing in this entire comic.

Finally, holding Tab at the end of every flash like I do with the Flash Tub paid off! (I missed the first secret pony video and have been painstakingly looking for secret buttons since).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Oh, since somebody was wondering: the song seems to be just Chorale for Jaspers (or some variant of it, can't quite tell since it's so muddy) sped up 3x and apparently tossed through an equalizer to reduce the resulting high-frequency mess or something.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 26, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's some saucy stuff in the bonus pony.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Looks like preparations to transition into another intermission, yeah.

I hope not, no one's even entered the game yet!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Well, we've had about as many pages since intermission 1 as between the start of act 6 and it. And we have plenty of reason to suspect that these kids' entry will involve severe additional shenanigans. I can relate to wanting to see what their incipisphere has for them to do, but I'd also kind of like to check in on the old crew, see how they're getting on! It's quite possible that if we want to see any of their journey, we'll have to get that done now since they might arrive pretty early on the B2 session's timeline, like right after they're all in. Perhaps sooner.

Ugh, that Hussie. Always pandering to the yuri fanboys. :rolleyes:
vvvvv

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 26, 2012

Eikre
May 2, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

That's some saucy stuff in the bonus pony.

Yeah, I mean, like,

what?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Eikre posted:

Yeah, I mean, like,

what?
It's almost as if Hussie enjoys loving with shippers.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Roger Explosion posted:

Be honest; wouldn't you?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

More like he likes loving with the people who are always gettin' mad about shippers and shipping being a thing. I've seen people abandon the comic in a huff after the Gamzee/Tavros log, just because it was "Pandering". (In one case the guy seemed more upset that it was "Pandering to the gays", so I hoped the door hit him in the rear end on the way out.)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Be honest; wouldn't you?
In. A loving. Heartbeat. :colbert:

He's actually shown inhuman restraint, in my opinion.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn

Eikre posted:

Yeah, I mean, like,

what?

No no no, you don't understand. They're just... sharing some cotton candy, like normal bffsies do.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Midnight Raider posted:

More like he likes loving with the people who are always gettin' mad about shippers and shipping being a thing. I've seen people abandon the comic in a huff after the Gamzee/Tavros log, just because it was "Pandering". (In one case the guy seemed more upset that it was "Pandering to the gays", so I hoped the door hit him in the rear end on the way out.)

The accusations that have been flying about whether Dirk's likely homosexuality is "pandering to the fangirls" are pretty absurd. If I was Hussie I'd dump as much shipping into the comic as I could just to piss those people off, too.

Sometimes a dude is just gay and it has nothing to do with the fans :sigh:

VV I don't know, we've been talking about the possibility of Jake/Dirk poo poo since Jake's "I guess I might like Dirk too" conversation pretty rationally. Am I wrong?

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 26, 2012

A Bloody Crowbar
May 9, 2009

I don't understand why relationships in a form of media entertainment we call Homestuck is suddenly A Bad Thing. Like I see this thread (and even others!) flip the gently caress out about it constantly.
It is one thing to dislike the fandom but I don't understand the vitriol towards even merely hinting that oh my goodness there is romantic tension between characters! I don't obsess about "my ship" or whatever the kids are doing on Tumblr these days but I legitimately think the troll and kid romances and drama therein was/is pretty engrossing stuff - like I would think of a romance between likable and relatable characters in a book.

Why is it such a bad thing to talk about the Vriska/Tavros/Kanaya triangle or possible Dirk/Jake poo poo? It's like there's this dichotomy of people who intentionally ignore a pretty big part of character development and people who are obsessive about it where there's never a rational discussion about it because they all act like one and expect you to be the other.

^^ it's been my experience in this thread whenever anyone brings up troll/kid romances the canned response is "they are children you gently caress" or something similar to imply that it's inconsequential you sperg. Surprisingly you're right about Dirk/Jake stuff but even then I've seen this attitude creep its way in. It's just tiring is all.

A Bloody Crowbar fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 26, 2012

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's just that people get tied up in knots arguing about who Hussie's trying to troll with it, with the added assumption that he's trolling based on the tone and style that he maintains.

I would say that he does it in a teasing, trolling manner to frustrate the people who are really into it but then makes it a reality to frustrate the people who thought it was all trolling to get on those other people's nerves.

He's either a full-package troller or playing thing completely straight, depending on perspective/irony capacity.

Also, if Roxy does start flirting with Jane, it'd be kind of interesting to see, since a lot of fans saw gay undertones in Rose and Dave - their alternate universe counterparts being gay might be an interesting commentary on that bit of speculation.

Aaaaaaanyway, new flash is great, Secret Pony is Best Pony, and I'm excited to see any glimpse of Team Starship. Was Jaspers telling everyone his life's story? If they were looking for it John and Jade might be able to work out that he's been to the post-scratch universe.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
"Constantly" is saying a bit much. Sure, there are people who, for example, reacted to confirmation of Dirk's interest in Jake by accusing Hussie of "pandering to the yaoi fangirls" (which is what I was joking about above; this probably was a bit ill-considered if people can read it as genuine) but overall people here seem more or less on board with the amount of it that there is, complaints mostly circling around the idea that the cast is already too big for these four extra people (let alone more trolls) to fit in, or that it's a change of focus that slows down the story.

Dolash posted:

He's either a full-package troller or playing thing completely straight, depending on perspective/irony capacity.

It's both. Always both.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
So now that we have the whole story, can we just get a summary of the life and times of jaspers to make sure i have all this right:

He started off as a cat that B1 Roxy bought B1 rose, and she owned him for a while until he suddenly disappeared one day. Presumably when 7 year old B2 Roxy was tooling around with the equipment in her lab it was pre-locked on to jaspers for some reason we don't yet know, so she appearified him and he then lived with her under the name of Frigglish for the next 6 years without too much hassle, except for the fact that it left 4 year old B1 Rose very sad.

In recently seen events, B2 Roxy is testing her appearifier and accidentlly crushes jaspers to death in an event which was foreshadowed since almost day 1 of this comic. Feeling guilty, Roxy goes back into the lab and uses the machine to send Jaspers back to B1 again, with the help of GCAT? (I don't really understand the significance of this bit, unless we're supposed to assume that GCAT was the one who set the machine coordinates, thus masterminding this entire sequence from the day roxy first played with the machine)

Jaspers corpse washes up on the beach in B1 after apparently appearing in the ocean or something, and he also time travels back to when B1 Rose was 4 years old in the process, leaving a window of only a couple weeks in which he was actually absent from B1 rose's life.

B1 roxy and rose have a funeral for him, and his corpse stays in the mausoleum until Rose eventually prototypes it.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Rooreelooo posted:

So now that we have the whole story, can we just get a summary of the life and times of jaspers to make sure i have all this right:

He started off as a cat that B1 Roxy bought B1 rose, and she owned him for a while until he suddenly disappeared one day. Presumably when 7 year old B2 Roxy was tooling around with the equipment in her lab it was pre-locked on to jaspers for some reason we don't yet know, so she appearified him and he then lived with her under the name of Frigglish for the next 6 years without too much hassle, except for the fact that it left 4 year old B1 Rose very sad.

In recently seen events, B2 Roxy is testing her appearifier and accidentlly crushes jaspers to death in an event which was foreshadowed since almost day 1 of this comic. Feeling guilty, Roxy goes back into the lab and uses the machine to send Jaspers back to B1 again, with the help of GCAT? (I don't really understand the significance of this bit, unless we're supposed to assume that GCAT was the one who set the machine coordinates, thus masterminding this entire sequence from the day roxy first played with the machine)

Jaspers corpse washes up on the beach in B1 after apparently appearing in the ocean or something, and he also time travels back to when B1 Rose was 4 years old in the process, leaving a window of only a couple weeks in which he was actually absent from B1 rose's life.

B1 roxy and rose have a funeral for him, and his corpse stays in the mausoleum until Rose eventually prototypes it.

As far as we know, GCat didn't have anything to do with the send back and just showed up for the sake of it (possibly we'll see why he's hanging out later; he might stick around to help Roxy deal with her intruder). The Transmaterializer is locked onto the B1 session at coordinates that Roxy can't see due to the broken screens. Jake also has some form of Transmaterializer in his ruins, and is going to need to use it to send the bunny to the B1 session. Sending the cat between universes consumes an exceptional amount of power and Roxy likely isn't going to be able to use the machine again anytime soon.

Basically, you have it right except that we don't know what GCat is doing there, save "being a cat and doing whatever the gently caress he pleases."

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
We also don't yet have confirmation of Jaspers' origins but there's really no particular reason to think there's anything unusual there beyond "it's Homestuck". In any event everything suggests he was an ordinary housecat (in intermittently extraordinary circumstances) all his life.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

We also don't yet have confirmation of Jaspers' origins but there's really no particular reason to think there's anything unusual there beyond "it's Homestuck". In any event everything suggests he was an ordinary housecat (in intermittently extraordinary circumstances) all his life.

A theory I heard long, long ago before we even knew who Roxy was, was that Jaspers was a failed paradox clone of Mutini.

The idea was that in the same way that the mutant cats were failed clones of Jaspers, Rose's mom was trying to make another Mutini(after the one she rode the meteor with died) and ended up making an imperfect clone of a mutant cat, which resulted in, strangely enough, a non-mutant housecat - Jaspers.

While maybe a bit of a stretch, it would kind of fit in with the rest of Homestuck's "X begats Y which begat X" loops.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Well, there is the fact that he was somehow able to either communicate the MEOW code to Rose or unlock it in her subconscious. It's not exactly strong evidence, but it's there.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
That's all true. I'm just saying that although he was involved in some plot-relevant events, and although we don't know for sure where he came from, the only reason to speculate about ectobiology or other sorts of weird loops is that the rest of the story is practically designed to make us do that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, Dante Basco has a blog... and now he's reading Homestuck. This is gonna get weird. :stare:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's kind of weird seeing Nannasprite now that Jane is an actual character.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

TheRagamuffin posted:

Ahahahahaha Maplehoof easter eggs are the best easter eggs.

e: ....Did Minihoof just say "Moo", or am I mishearing things?

Tiny adorable animals say "moo". It is a rule.

This secret pony flash has 100% more lascivious porcolating than the last secret pony flash. People getting up in arms about it is just part of the Homestuck meta-experience.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Well, Dante Basco has a blog... and now he's reading Homestuck. This is gonna get weird. :stare:

To save anyone else the googling, this guy is the guy who was Rufio.

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

TheRagamuffin posted:

Ahahahahaha Maplehoof easter eggs are the best easter eggs.

e: ....Did Minihoof just say "Moo", or am I mishearing things?

I think that was just the "NEIGH" from the end of the original, at a much higher pitch.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Eikre posted:

Yeah, I mean, like,

what?

:stare: I barely even noticed that. Was too busy looking at Minihoof chowing down on some delicious cotton candy :3:
Also, this was far too adorable and took me a few minutes to recover from

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 26, 2012

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

YggiDee posted:

Got links (about the homestuck part)?

Also its nice to have confirmation that all the sprites survived :3:

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

Got links (about the homestuck part)?

Also its nice to have confirmation that all the sprites survived :3:

http://rufiozuko.tumblr.com/

Faulty
Feb 16, 2011
I love how he's been bemused by the whole thing so far, I honestly can't blame him.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

We can only hope he makes it this far.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Vaah posted:

We can only hope he makes it this far.

He won't make it that far, that's neck deep into Act 5.

Really the best we can hope for is his making it to EoA4, after that he's gonna be trolled out.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh hey, I nearly forgot about Nannasprite and Jaspersprite. Good to see they're still here.

And yep, this is looking like a nice transition to end Act 6 Act 2.

I'm willing to bet that, like Act 5 Act 1, Act 6 is going to gloss over parts of the game, and focus more on the characters and tie a whole bunch of poo poo together with the main plot line (like what just happened with Frigglish/Jaspers).

But I think we'll get to the game eventually. After all, that is the point, since they supposedly win this time. At the very least, things are looking like they'll go very differently.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

:stare: I barely even noticed that. Was too busy looking at Minihoof chowing down on some delicious cotton candy :3:
Also, this was far too adorable and took me a few minutes to recover from

But was it as easy to recover from as *wonk*?

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I can't tell whats going on in the honk/wonk/whatever frame, can someone post it?

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Norton Ghostride posted:

I can't tell whats going on in the honk/wonk/whatever frame, can someone post it?

Sure:

Roxy and tiny maplehoof are pretty much the best :3:.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Sure:

Roxy and tiny maplehoof are pretty much the best :3:.

I was having a hard time deciding which picture described Roxy the best, but then I saw "hornse" and it's pretty much no contest now.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011
I like how her hat in that panel has the curved brim, so it's sort of a cross between a wizard hat and a cowboy hat. It's a nice hat.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Eikre posted:

Yeah, I mean, like,

what?

Only 499 more pages to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tFUCKINGmesis posted:

I like how her hat in that panel has the curved brim, so it's sort of a cross between a wizard hat and a cowboy hat. It's a nice hat.

She is the cowbizard.