Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Exiles? On Earth at the same time as the kids?

Does this mean there's already been a Sburb session in B2 Earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.

King of Solomon posted:

Um, Roxy? I uh. Don't think you should stand there. :ohdear:

The sendificator has no juice left so that's pretty much just a pad for standin on and lookin like a badass right now.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Robo Pope posted:

The sendificator has no juice left so that's pretty much just a pad for standin on and lookin like a badass right now.

Yeah, that's true, but GCat's there and he might just be able to juice up the machine.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

closeted republican posted:

Well that's...interesting. Maybe the Troll Empress exiles "dissenters". That could explain a Dersite presence on Earth.

Or Roxy really is living on post-apoc Earth and these are the exiles that would normally occur in a session. If that happened, then why is Roxy still on Earth instead of being dead? Isn't the point of The Reckoning meteors to completely wipe out the dominant species?

They would have had to enter post-apocalypse, like the Exiles do.

But then who raised them? Their guardians were famous, and known about to Jane, so they had to be alive in the pre-apoc Earth. Maybe they're dead because of the apocalypse, like everyone else. No Batterwitch involvement at all. But if the kids entered after, who raised them? Cal? Uh, Jaspers? GCat? Then how do they know who their guardians were supposed to be? A friend suggests maybe UU told them.

But why did they end up in the future? If this is a bifurcation thing, shouldn't they have ended up at the same times?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

e: This would also explain why Roxy and Dirk are so lonely. They are literally the last people on Earth.
ee: Also I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but those broken monitors look like Equius' broken shades. Void void void void.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 27, 2012

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.

King of Solomon posted:

Yeah, that's true, but GCat's there and he might just be able to juice up the machine.

Hahaha, hop over to Jake's island, steal the uranium dust left by Dirkbot, and then zap Roxy somewhere else. A double douche move. Although that would break the alpha timeline since Jake wouldn't be able to send the bunny so I doubt it would happen. Especially since it seems like GCat is working to ensure things happen the way they already have what with helping to send Jaspers to the great litterbox in the sky.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's gotta be that they're in the future and these are Dersite exiles from the Derse of the B2 game. More fuel to the fire that Roxy lives in post-apocalyptic times.

Quick question for you, this lab's probably going to be destroyed by a meteor around when Roxy enters the game (if she enters by the usual method, that is) - is this crowd of random ruffians likely to be important, or should we just think of them as "Dersite mob #2" until their ineivtable deaths?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
You know, with how many of them there are (I counted 13) and the fact that one of them has a crowbar, I wonder if this is the felt. Or rather, this universe's equivalent to them.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
At some point Hussie is going to tell us about the state of this B2 Earth, right? Things are definitely turned on their head here.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Perhaps GCAT is going to send Roxy to visit her older, pre-scratch self for a bit. Then it'll zap her back later, after she has a bit more of a clue what's going on.

That would explain the Pre-scratch lab with the little-kid bed and stuff.

edit: Odds that the leader of these Dersites is this sessions's WV?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
"You came to the wrong laboratory, motherfuther.
*moterfucker.
gently caress."

Perhaps there were some Dersite survivors on the Battlefield, but I still can't explain the Lusii.
calm down and look to the left of this post

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Actually, another thing I noticed: none of them have barcodes like the other Dersites and Agents do.

Interesting.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Someone mentioned this theory a while back, but I think this pretty much confirms that Roxy (and probably Dirk for that matter) are somehow in the future. It's how they have all this cool appearifying and sendifying tech, while Jane has to get by with pretty rudimentary poo poo even though she's the heiress to the Crocker dynasty.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I really hope one of these guys is this universe's WV. :unsmith:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Suddenly, I understand nothing. Hopefully we can get an explanation for these Dersites soon as opposed to 100 pages down the road. I'm seconding the hope that one of those are WV though. That would be really nice.

Also, I imagine it is going to be pretty surreal for Dante once he catches up to Tavros. I'm not really sure how he will react.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I really hope one of these guys is this universe's WV. :unsmith:

The one in front does look like he's wearing a sash. That's probably just how he's drawn, though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Y'all are forgetting that Roxy kind of jumped through an interdimensional portal to get to where she is. For all we know, she could be in B1 Earth's future. In fact, that's my theory.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Someone mentioned this theory a while back, but I think this pretty much confirms that Roxy (and probably Dirk for that matter) are somehow in the future. It's how they have all this cool appearifying and sendifying tech, while Jane has to get by with pretty rudimentary poo poo even though she's the heiress to the Crocker dynasty.

I was actually going to ask if anyone had the link, and the amazing Prison Warden supplied it for me:

http://ahpoordogsbody.tumblr.com/post/17702479075/get-this

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Y'all are forgetting that Roxy kind of jumped through an interdimensional portal to get to where she is. For all we know, she could be in B1 Earth's future. In fact, that's my theory.

The reason it takes so much POWER To send Jaspers' body back to Rose is that it's jumping universes. If she was in the B1 universe, it would be just as easy as PM sending the package to Jade.

Plus, I think the narration mentioned that jumping through portals took varying time based on the distance spanned. So Roxy would probably know if she was portalling to another universe.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, I personally think she's in an exile terminal on post-Reckoning B2 Earth.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No, she's definitely in B2 Earth's version of the Skaianet labs. There are more things in here than any of the exile terminals we've seen and most of them were specific things that Rose interacted with back in Act 3.

I'm liking the idea more that Roxy and Dirk are in the future. We've deliberately not seen the outside of either of their houses yet, which we have for Jake and Jane. We've also had sort of a bifurcated act so far, clearly splitting the time we've spent with Jake and Jane vs. Dirk and Roxy (at least this was true early on).

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

No, she's definitely in B2 Earth's version of the Skaianet labs. There are more things in here than any of the exile terminals we've seen and most of them were specific things that Rose interacted with back in Act 3.

I'm liking the idea more that Roxy and Dirk are in the future. We've deliberately not seen the outside of either of their houses yet, which we have for Jake and Jane. We've also had sort of a bifurcated act so far, clearly splitting the time we've spent with Jake and Jane vs. Dirk and Roxy (at least this was true early on).

We've seen the outside of Dirk's home multiple times.

e. and Roxy's once.

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 27, 2012

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

We've seen the outside of Dirk's home multiple times.

Something I've noticed: Beyond Jake's Island and a few shots of the city Dirk lives in, which might simply be an in-tact empty ruin of a city, we haven't really seen much of what goes on outside Dirks apartment building. Hussie has never really been one to add 'signs of life' like that, but there could be indication. And we haven't seen anything remotely close to the exterior of Roxy's house. It could just be a huge voidy area.

I wonder if perhaps when the regular kids come through, Jade stops the meteors from destroying the planet and instead places them on the surface. The exiled Dersites might then run amok against the humans, resulting in a lessened human population in some areas. Dirk could well live in one of the few remaining human cities, where Roxy is the only one left where she lives.

As far as how they get into the session, I really don't know. Perhaps Dave and Jade combine the usage of their powers, once they arrive through one of the walls in Roxy's house to their B2 Earth, to go back in time and teleport all of them through one of the meteor portals reverse-ways in order to enter. In that case I guess they're ALREADY HERE.

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 27, 2012

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It's actually kinda depressing to think that those Dersites may be going into the lab to hunt for cats.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TOAST7312 posted:

And we haven't seen anything remotely close to the exterior of Roxy's house. It could just be a huge voidy area.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006013

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

She lives in a similar house to Rose in the forest; that's what I got from it. Evidence doesn't disprove my theory or the post-apocalyptic theory.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TOAST7312 posted:

She lives in a similar house to Rose in the forest; that's what I got from it. Evidence doesn't disprove my theory or the post-apocalyptic theory.

But..but that's the exterior of Roxy's house.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
While Dirk and Roxy do have futuristic stuff, this is the same exact case for Jade and Rose back at the beginning of Homestuck.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

jvempire posted:

While Dirk and Roxy do have futuristic stuff, this is the same exact case for Jade and Rose back at the beginning of Homestuck.
Rose didn't have that much futuristic stuff? Unless you're counting the entirety of the Skaianet Labs as amongst her "stuff". She only got the hubtop and scouter as a result of alchemy from there. And I think those labs are the exception to the rule.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Rose didn't have that much futuristic stuff? Unless you're counting the entirety of the Skaianet Labs as amongst her "stuff". She only got the hubtop and scouter as a result of alchemy from there. And I think those labs are the exception to the rule.
Rose had the labs, but the bigger point is Jade. She's got robots and teleporters, just like Roxy and Dirk.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I totally forgot we'd seen that. The plane we see and the fact that there are trees around Roxy's home are a good indication that they're not post-apocalypse after all.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Are we discounting Dirk living in a still-standing city with billboards and functioning air traffic as signs that he's not living in a bombed-out post-apocalyptic world, for some reason?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Cabbit posted:

Are we discounting Dirk living in a still-standing city with billboards and functioning air traffic as signs that he's not living in a bombed-out post-apocalyptic world, for some reason?

The entire [S] Act 6 flash could potentially be set pre-apocalypse? Though that'd be somewhat of a cop-out.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

That was actually what I was thinking when I made my earlier post about that theory. Those scenes may have just been to establish that they are, in fact, in the same locations (if not the same time, but hey that would spoil the surprise), and also to show that B2 Dave was all successful and cool.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still, you have to wonder why carapaces would be hunting cats for food in New York State in anything other than post-apocalyptic times.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So are there any more good 'Homestuck readthrough' blogs?

Precision F-Strike is pretty good, because she picks up on foreshadowing and hints quickly and has interesting things to say, but I've already read that one.

Discovering Homestuck I didn't like at all, because all he does it regurgitate memes and didn't have much analysis of his own.

WTF is Homestuck is okay, but now that she's caught up, she seems more interested in the fan side of things and hanging out with Discovering Homestuck than actually talking about the story.

Any more?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bobulus posted:

I just found Discovering Webcomics today (Homestuck tag chronological). No reaction memes, but I hope you like variations on the :D emoticon because this girl is literally Jade. Just wait until she starts making voice posts. Currently a bit after [S] Jack: Ascend.

Her predictions get suspiciously accurate at times, but I'm pretty sure it's legitimate.

Oh, and in case you missed it earlier, there's Dante Basco, the actor who played Rufio.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 27, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Tollymain posted:

Still, you have to wonder why carapaces would be hunting cats for food in New York State in anything other than post-apocalyptic times.

lovely dystopian batterwitch-controlled society. Existence of aliens probably still secret. Lots of reasons why they might be 3948th-class citizens.

(Also, going by the shape of his hood the lead guy with the crowbar would seem to correspond to AR more than WV, if anyone. He had that opening over one eye thing going on.)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Walliard posted:

Oh, and in case you missed it earlier, there's Dante Basco, the actor who played Rufio.
The tag on the MSPA menu is now YOU'RE DOING IT MAN.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bobulus posted:

So I Am Reading Homestuck is a nice one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
First Dante Basco was getting put off by the pace of act I, then he had to go back because he was skipping pesterlogs. By the time he gets to the Rufio appearances he probably won't even care any more.