Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
http://sa.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-rx-7-sres4-turbo-W0QQAdIdZ356526023
" hi i am selling my rx7 seres4 manul 5 speed sun roof 17 inh wheels bodey clean red runs wel clean inside 13b turbo contact me 0404286966 shane wil swap dirt bike and cash or boat and cash can not put pictures at this stage as i am having trouble dwnldg them so the picture that is on there is exactly what im selling only that is not my car in the picture sorry about the price that it had on it i am asking 4800 not 3800 sorry for any incarvince have trop the price to 4200 or swap dirt bike and cash no cars no road bikes older dirt bikes 89 and up woods are walcome and please ring if can an to al that tx asking yes it can be rego and yes it dos go and drives just needs litle tidy and u can ring please do not realy in to tx and the pictures that are up now is my rx7 "
Holy poo poo. Does look sweet though..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

rscott posted:

How rare are these really?

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/2863401644.html

I maybe have just bought two Prinz 40s, which are smaller than that, but the same engine. The parts are incredibly rare, a complete car (or two and free spares from 3 extras) is the only way to go.

http://imgur.com/a/TWwga

Ignore the terrible picture coloring, I forgot to reset the white balance on my camera and the LCD is blown out. It has a kinda cool 70's Polaroid look too it, despite being taken on Saturday with a P&S Lumix.

edit: yes that is a Lloyd Alexander TS and a original paint 60 beetle on 356A wheels

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

fingerling posted:

http://sa.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-rx-7-sres4-turbo-W0QQAdIdZ356526023
" hi i am selling my rx7 seres4 manul 5 speed sun roof 17 inh wheels bodey clean red runs wel clean inside 13b turbo contact me 0404286966 shane wil swap dirt bike and cash or boat and cash can not put pictures at this stage as i am having trouble dwnldg them so the picture that is on there is exactly what im selling only that is not my car in the picture sorry about the price that it had on it i am asking 4800 not 3800 sorry for any incarvince have trop the price to 4200 or swap dirt bike and cash no cars no road bikes older dirt bikes 89 and up woods are walcome and please ring if can an to al that tx asking yes it can be rego and yes it dos go and drives just needs litle tidy and u can ring please do not realy in to tx and the pictures that are up now is my rx7 "
Holy poo poo. Does look sweet though..

My face fell off trying to read that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Found this a while back. I've seen a lot of custom tricycles before, some even painted that nice dusty rose color of your grandma's shawl. But I can honestly say I have never seen one built from a 1950s refrigerator before.

(shame on them for using a CL350 for that, too)

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Looks like he hired someone with a grasp on the English language to fix up his ad.

http://www.nlclassifieds.com/classifieds/Automotive/CarsandTrucks/Ford/803343

e: sorry, here's a pic

speedtek fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 27, 2012

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Is this any kind of gold? I really want to go buy this, but I'm not sure why. I don't need a 3rd car, but I think it would be fun to drive around or track if I did some suspension and brake work on it.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

speedtek posted:

Looks like he hired someone with a grasp on the English language to fix up his ad.

A very weak grasp and please post screenshots. These types of things go down all the time.

Hashal posted:

Is this any kind of gold? I really want to go buy this, but I'm not sure why. I don't need a 3rd car, but I think it would be fun to drive around or track if I did some suspension and brake work on it.

If the sight of a DA teg doesnt put vomit in your mouth and that actually describes the cars condition and the suspension isnt terribly torn up then that is not a terrible deal.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Most definitely gold. Paging Dr. Turbo:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/2837875946.html

GAAAA it sucks being on the East Coast. Last time I saw one in this condition was around 1978.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Hashal posted:

My friend just bought a rusty one with slightly more miles for 900 bucks. It needs the rust fixed in addition to a new suspension

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

televiper posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Craigslist Saved Me a Trip

sounds like it's gonna need some new vacuum hoses?

that's actually really close to me. Did you buy it or what?

twentyfortynine
Mar 10, 2007

Strictly speaking, I'm never supposed to do this. But have you got a better idea?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2872962228.html

What a loving mess but... Anniversary Edition turbo :(

In the original black and gold (which I guess... 50% of the car is), that thing is a loving time machine.

Thank god I don't have my tax refund yet.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

twentyfortynine posted:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2872962228.html

What a loving mess but... Anniversary Edition turbo :(

In the original black and gold (which I guess... 50% of the car is), that thing is a loving time machine.

Thank god I don't have my tax refund yet.

That might be the biggest block of keywords at the bottom of the listing that I've ever seen.

Also: :smith:

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

sounds like it's gonna need some new vacuum hoses?

that's actually really close to me. Did you buy it or what?

It wasn't me, I was about to call the original lister to see if it was still available. Searched craigslist to find the listing, saw the second post, and decided to let it go since he'd be less likely to want trade my e30 for it. If you want it, go for it.

As an aside, I always click this thread when I see that it was you who killed it :3:

BONUS ROUND
Feb 9, 2007

:catdrugs:
I would sell my first born for either of these.

Someone buy them so I can live vicariously through you.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BONUS ROUND posted:

I would sell my first born for either of these.

There's an Improved Touring 240Z in the classifieds of the SCCA magazine going for $5k.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BONUS ROUND posted:

No information other than "1.3L engine" (probably some sort of 13B swap, because the car has the 4x110mm "plus" wheels), but unless that car has insanely low mileage and/or has been meticulously maintained, then that is kinda overpriced. The "IMSA GTU" comment means nothing other than the rear quarter window still has a slightly rare 26-year-old gold sticker commemorating Mazda's six season dominance in a particular racing class.

tl;dr You should go check it out in person anyway. First gen RX-7s are fun as hell.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

speedtek posted:

e: sorry, here's a pic

I like how it still has Cosworth heads. Just how many heads does a 2.4 focus motor have, anyway?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

televiper posted:

It wasn't me, I was about to call the original lister to see if it was still available. Searched craigslist to find the listing, saw the second post, and decided to let it go since he'd be less likely to want trade my e30 for it. If you want it, go for it.

As an aside, I always click this thread when I see that it was you who killed it :3:

WELL YOU NEED TO START BUYING THE loving THINGS I POST, SO I DON'T!

I'm really bad about CL. I don't know what the hell it is, but I really can't stop myself.
speaking of which... are you selling your e-dirty? I could come and take some nice pictures of it for you.

oop here we go again.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

seems man-rear end-hole is rife with 914's lately.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 28, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
What are the chances of this guy actually meaning $2000 instead of $20k?

oh look more 914's

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I want this so bad... How the hell do I bring it home and hide it without anyone noticing though?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My old neighbor used to have a Porsche 914 but I never saw it leave his garage the entire year I lived at that apartment. He did however drive his Grand National every weekend. Whenever I heard him start it up I'd yell, "Lay down a fat patch!" and he'd always burnout sideways out of his driveway.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I want this so bad... How the hell do I bring it home and hide it without anyone noticing though?

You know, I think starting a collection of old, non-registered cars in various states of disrepair fits my 'I love cars but hate driving' mentality quite well. I wonder how much it costs to pave over a lawn...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

You know, I think starting a collection of old, non-registered cars in various states of disrepair fits my 'I love cars but hate driving' mentality quite well. I wonder how much it costs to pave over a lawn...

A hell of a lot more than gravel. I live right next to the quarry too.
and yeah... I'm basically starting a car museum on my mom's lawn.

Kellefornia
Nov 4, 2010
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/2874856715.html

MUST BUY! 80's Maserati's are RARE - especially those with the sought ofter "New Jersey style" grill modification made of "REBAR."

He clearly knows the car market, who else would think that a lamborghini replica and a 2005 quattroporte are both of similar value and a even trade.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

But it's gonna be a HOTROD

san_dingo
May 31, 2004

I thought it was fast at the time.

COUGH 71hp COUGH

opengl128 posted:

But it's gonna be a HOTROD

The only way that thing's worth $40K is if it was built by Jesus Himself.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

What are the chances of this guy actually meaning $2000 instead of $20k?

Really loving good, actually, the 928 is kind of scary and unpopular among the Porsche types. I paid a little more for mine and it wasn't in quite as good condition.

EDIT: That is to say, most typical Porsche guys go for the models with fewer bells and whistles; and everyone else is scared off by potential maintenance costs. It's a good deal if you're like me and drive because you want to, not because you have to.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Kellefornia posted:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/2874856715.html

MUST BUY! 80's Maserati's are RARE - especially those with the sought ofter "New Jersey style" grill modification made of "REBAR."

He clearly knows the car market, who else would think that a lamborghini replica and a 2005 quattroporte are both of similar value and a even trade.

It looks like the world's worst B2 Passat.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
This is more of a sad story.

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1995-BMW-Series-5-540i-Sedan-4D-W0QQAdIdZ348371357

1995 m540i. #32 of 32, eurospec e34 M5 with the M60B40 V8 instead of the S38B38 I6. Rare as poo poo, but I've seen better condition ones sell for sub-20k. I did a little digging and it turns out this car has been for sale at the same dealership for years. Not driven, they just clean it out and relist it for the exact same price. I did a little googling and people have gone to look at it and say it's in even worse shape then it looks. Despite this, the dealer refuses to budge on price because it's "rare". It will never sell at that price and probably just sit there until someone gets half a brain.

Actually, #11 is still for sale and is in much better shape: http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Extremely-rare-1995-BMW-M540i-Sedan-11-of-32-W0QQAdIdZ317542930

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 29, 2012

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Crustashio posted:

Actually, #11 is still for sale and is in much better shape: http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Extremely-rare-1995-BMW-M540i-Sedan-11-of-32-W0QQAdIdZ317542930

hhnnggggggggg :fap:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That is literally my dream car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Crustashio posted:

Despite this, the dealer refuses to budge on price because it's "rare". It will never sell at that price and probably just sit there until someone gets half a brain.
Some dealers do seem to have an issue with RARE=VALUABLE

This has been for sale for oh, 2+ years now? Hasn't dropped a dime. I think they believe the more words in the ad the more they can justify the price.

quote:

$26,995

The 1999 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR-4 All-Wheel Drive is a capable grand touring car that can snap your head back under acceleration or cradle you in comfort. Thanks to its 3.0L V-6 DOHC 24 Valve Twin-turbocharged monster, making 320HP and the creature comforts of a luxury car.

In the 1990's, no other vehicle offered the technical pedigree found on the original Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 for around $45,000 USD. In 1991, features like all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering, adjustable suspension and active aerodynamics put the car far ahead of anything available in its price range. The Dodge Stealth, which was a mechanical twin to the 3000GT produced from 1991 to 1996, was featured in an early advertisement showing how the car outperformed a 300ZX, Corvette and Porsche.

The VR-4's impressive AWD system keeps it glued to the road during hard launches and around tight corners. You won't find this level of pure stick with the Corvette or BMW M-cars, especially if the road surface is uneven and/or slippery. Backing up the AWD system is a four-wheel steering design that turns the rear wheels in the opposite direction of the front at lower speeds. This makes low-speed maneuvers easier.

And since the VR-4 is marketed as a "Grand Tourer," not a sportscar, its list of standard luxury equipment reads like a grocery list from "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." These include an Infinity audio system w/CD that offers some of the best sound we've heard inside of an automobile, plush leather seating surfaces, automatic climate control, power everything, remote keyless entry plus much, much more!

You will not find a more pristine example of a VR-4 than this 1999 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR-4 AWD. It is 100% stock, and has never been tracked or raced. This vehicle is 1 of 287 VR-4's produced in 1999. It has all the original books, keys, floor mats and even the original window sticker (MSRP: $45,669 USD before taxes). It has been fully serviced, comes with a complete Inspection and is 100% ready for the next Owner! Nationwide/Worldwide Delivery Available!

Buy with confidence at Canada's Leader in Customer satisfaction, Lethbridge Mitsubishi - Driven To Lead!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

slidebite posted:

Some dealers do seem to have an issue with RARE=VALUABLE

This has been for sale for oh, 2+ years now? Hasn't dropped a dime. I think they believe the more words in the ad the more they can justify the price.

"features like...adjustable suspension and active aerodynamics "...that this car doesn't actually have as Mitsubishi stopped installing them because they were all terrible and pointless reliability nightmares.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Crustashio posted:

Rare as poo poo,

You know, for a car so "rare" I feel like I've seen a lot of them lately.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

2001 Subaru Impreza L Coupe
Cowboy Kenny Bartram's 2001 Open Class Subaru Impreza X Games Rally Car

Apok
Jul 22, 2005
I have a title now!
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2876240056.html
I want to buy it. Unfortunately that's not possible, but here's a link to a badass 89 MR2. It looks to be in perfect condition although the price is high.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
gently caress, I don't need instagram when I'm trying to tell what condition your car is in.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment
I'd really like to contribute to this thread, but there's no such thing as CL gold in South Texas, Just people asking $5k+ for 10 and 15 year old Camries and Tauruses with a quarter-million miles. :negative:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

oddspelling posted:

I'd really like to contribute to this thread, but there's no such thing as CL gold in South Texas, Just people asking $5k+ for 10 and 15 year old Camries and Tauruses with a quarter-million miles. :negative:
I find it incredibly hard to believe that South Texas, of all places, doesn't have the other kind of Craigslist gold.

edit: For instance, there's this. Note that I have assumed Odessa is in the south of Texas.

edit #2: I wish this had photos. "BMW front end?"

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

edit #2: I wish this had photos. "BMW front end?"

407 is an Orlando area code... that's a typical Central Florida craigslist post so he must just be a transplant. Doesn't count for Texas.