Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Flatscan posted:

Why is there some twat wearing a Naruto headband on University Challenge?

Haahaa just saw that too, Fandom is creeping into 'normal' culture..

What got my attention was the fact he may or may not have been wearing a MLP T-shirt....I couldn't properly see. The Naruto headband was the :stare: moment of realisation that it probably was. Karran, are you a Goon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I've seen that guy on UC before and yes he was wearing the Naruto headband. Reddish curly hair right? Looks like he could be son of Mark Gatiss' character from Nighty Night.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

And if you are, could you please get yourself banned?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wafflecop posted:

I've seen that guy on UC before and yes he was wearing the Naruto headband. Reddish curly hair right? Looks like he could be son of Mark Gatiss' character from Nighty Night.

I got a screenshot from iPlayer

Nom.

And yeah, that Gatiss character from Nighty Night does kind of spring to mind. (eta-or the saddest kind of Jimmy Page)

What is that on his t-shirt? Is it some kind of Pokemon???

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Rondette posted:

I got a screenshot from iPlayer

Nom.

And yeah, that Gatiss character from Nighty Night does kind of spring to mind. (eta-or the saddest kind of Jimmy Page)

Dont think ive ever wanted to punch someone so much.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Rondette posted:

I think it's a My Little Pony t-shirt, which kind of just says it all, really. What a twat.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Irisi posted:

I think it's a My Little Pony t-shirt, which kind of just says it all, really. What a twat.

It's not a MLP t-shirt...............

I think it is MUCH

MUCH

MUCH

WORSE......

A FURRY

WARNING A FURRY SITE - (although this picture is work safe..it's what's on the guy's t-shirt, and I'm not going to dig much further than that)
http://e621.net/post/show/192971/canine-clouds-no_pupils-nude-pink-pink_fur-rainbow

A werewolf Care-bear?!???

(googled 'pink werewolf rainbow'..god bless Google for the literal translations.)

Rondette fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 27, 2012

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Rondette posted:

It's not a MLP t-shirt...............

I think it is MUCH

MUCH

MUCH

WORSE......

A FURRY

WARNING A FURRY SITE - (although this picture is work safe..it's what's on the guy's t-shirt, and I'm not going to dig much further than that)
http://e621.net/post/show/192971/canine-clouds-no_pupils-nude-pink-pink_fur-rainbow

A werewolf Care-bear?!???

(googled 'pink werewolf rainbow'..god bless Google for the literal translations.)

I feel sorry for that poor little teddy in front of him. Who knows what they get up to behind closed doors.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I bet he is loving drowning in pussy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's pretty good at quizzing though.

Sargeant Biffalot
Nov 24, 2006

Hoops posted:

They've been around for years, all the exercise bikes at my uni's gym had them. Biking simulators in and of themselves are not an indication of a totalitarian society.

Also that stupid fish eating game on the rowing machine that fucks up your rhythm

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My first instinct was to call him a right tit.

But then it occurred to me that he's on the telly box and seems reasonably happy with his life and my mother taught me not to be a judgemental cock so eh, what harm is he causing anybody?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Sargeant Biffalot posted:

Also that stupid fish eating game on the rowing machine that fucks up your rhythm

Um I think you'll find that's awesome it's what the GB squad use!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

My first instinct was to call him a right tit.

But then it occurred to me that he's on the telly box and seems reasonably happy with his life and my mother taught me not to be a judgemental cock so eh, what harm is he causing anybody?

I was more shocked at seeing the kind of person we all take the piss out of on these forums on the telly, more than anything! They are real and appear on University Challenge!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Rondette posted:

I was more shocked at seeing the kind of person we all take the piss out of on these forums on the telly, more than anything! They are real and appear on University Challenge!

He isn't fat and smothered in Wotsit dust.

But yeah lets calm the gently caress down, we got better things to be angry about on the telly box.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

He isn't fat and smothered in Wotsit dust.

But yeah lets calm the gently caress down, we got better things to be angry about on the telly box.

Ok

Opinions on the latest episode of Being Human? have people given up on it? I must admit I'm not far off it myself...it doesn't seem anywhere near as engaging as the first series, even with the new characters. I'm having a hard time getting to grips with Tom's character...is he supposed to be incredibly dumb or not? Some scenes he comes off like a right spoon, and other times like a normal(ish) guy. I really want to like it but I'm finding it hard...

(probably helped the first series being set in Bristol helped, I'm from there so it was fun to play 'spot the street'....Barry Island, not so much.)

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I've actually enjoyed the new series and characters, although the last one had a rather obvious and over done plot line. I think I might be the exception, though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Not UK as such, but there's been some discussion of Veep in this thread. Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soJggb_jDL8

Looks great.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Rondette posted:

I'm having a hard time getting to grips with Tom's character...is he supposed to be incredibly dumb or not? Some scenes he comes off like a right spoon, and other times like a normal(ish) guy.

He's not stupid, but he had an incredibly hosed up childhood that's left him with sod all in the way of social skills and very little education.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Mickolution posted:

Looks great.

It looks good, but its so American. Seems hard to believe its still Armando.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
it's a trailer for American audiences, it wouldn't surprise me if the actual show feels a lot different to how the trailer depicts it. I also expect that the lack of clicky funky advert music in the actual show will make a fair bit of difference too.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Wotsit dust.

Best Anglicization EVER.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

DaWolfey posted:

It looks good, but its so American. Seems hard to believe its still Armando.

Yeah, it looks like they've changed it quite a bit from The Thick of It, which is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the original, but the worst thing Veep could do is try and copy it. I wonder how much he had to do with it.

Looking at the wiki page, there's a bunch of writers listed, but they're all English, which strikes me as odd. Might make sense if it was a co-production, but it's not.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

Best Anglicization EVER.

You mean AngliciSation, chum ;p

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

feedmegin posted:

You mean AngliciSation, chum ;p

drat my American-English Chrome auto spellchecker

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It looks, feels and sounds a lot like In The Loop. More so given Anna Chlumsky's return as a political aide.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I thought the Veep trailer looked crap. :(

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Mickolution posted:

Looking at the wiki page, there's a bunch of writers listed, but they're all English, which strikes me as odd. Might make sense if it was a co-production, but it's not.

They've also got Chris Morris and Tristen Shapiro directing episodes.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 31, 2014

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
In that Veep trailer, who is that guy who says "I work at the White House, what the gently caress are you doing? I recognise him.

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
To be honest the trailer looks exactly like The Thick Of It in American accents. I'm not sure where you're getting the vibe that it isn't pretty much exactly the same.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Z-Magic posted:

They've also got Chris Morris and Tristen Shapiro directing episodes.

Shapeero seems to be making quite a name for himself in the US anyway though. Dude's done Community, Parks and Rec, Workaholics and Happy Endings. But he'll always be the Peep Show director to me (namesake of fake chocolate that tastes better because of crime)

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
I don't think Veep looks bad, just different. From the trailer it doesn't seem as frantic as The Thick of It but that could be just the music.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
What that gently caress was that advert I just watched (during 10 o'clock live) it was like a mini Black Mirror.. ish.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

That was a...very unusual advert for the Guardian that was just on Channel 4 there. Three little pigs murder wolf, ends in riots over morgage defaults?

Though I can't now see anything featuring pigs on telly anymore without flinching and thinking back to that first episode of Black Mirror, unfortunately. I don't think that was the moral I was meant to take away from the story, really.

^ah, good to see I'm not the only one.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You know what? I'd be convinced reading the Guardian was a good idea from that advert.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Was there some kind of hype prior to that Guardian ad? Twitter seemed to indicate people tuned in specifically for it.

Certainly better than those loving Lynx ads. They make me look forward to having Liv Tyler talk about shapoo without any gravitas.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Was there some kind of hype prior to that Guardian ad? Twitter seemed to indicate people tuned in specifically for it.

Certainly better than those loving Lynx ads. They make me look forward to having Liv Tyler talk about shapoo without any gravitas.

The Guardian had mentions of it up on their site and emailed people about it, not sure if there was more than that.

Mellomeh
Jun 12, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I could have sworn I saw a trailer for the advert on 4od a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The Supreme Court posted:

The Guardian had mentions of it up on their site and emailed people about it, not sure if there was more than that.

Several full page adverts in the print edition too.