Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatDoTheyKnow
Aug 17, 2007

Flux Equals Rad posted:

Hmmm. Didn't really think it was Humongous. How about The Baby? Haven't actually seen it yet, but I was just browsing Netflix, and the synopsis sounded familiar.

No, it wasnt The Baby. I really wish I could remember more any scenes more specifically or the plot line even. I just remember that the 'baby' was like a 300 pound bald man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fistboy
Oct 24, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
This was a late 80's movie I believe. A guy and a girl in their twenties are robbing an ATM with these cards that have numbers handwritten on them. A cop starts talking to a guy while he's doing it but is oblivious to what he's doing. The cop finds one of the cards on the ground and hands it to the guy saying something like "You think it's safe to have the numbers written on them?" The guy gets back into the car where the girl is waiting and unzips his coat and a bunch of cash falls out.

This is the only scene I can remember. Anyone got any ideas?

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.
This is another 80's movie I think. It was about a group of kids, and there was one bit where there was like a showdown on a video game, but the 'cool/rich/bully' kid had like a glove he put on to control the car instead of using the stick?

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Shux posted:

This is another 80's movie I think. It was about a group of kids, and there was one bit where there was like a showdown on a video game, but the 'cool/rich/bully' kid had like a glove he put on to control the car instead of using the stick?

The Wizard? Specifically the Power Glove scene where he plays Rad Racer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UfyxWhwia90#t=5s

Glass Joe fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 26, 2012

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

Glass Joe posted:

The Wizard? Specifically the Power Glove scene where he plays Rad Racer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UfyxWhwia90#t=5s

That's it! Thanks mate!

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I remember renting this movie(s) on VHS like in 92-93 when I was younger.

I believe it was about three teens doing something (like camping) over the summer. One of those coming of age films.

The two parts that stick out in my mind was that they had built a big zip-line over a nearby lake and that the antagonist was a creepy guy on a dirt-bike with a paintball gun.

I am also pretty sure there was a sequel in name only with flashbacks from the original movie over top a story about a four man team relay race.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Budget Dracula posted:

I remember renting this movie(s) on VHS like in 92-93 when I was younger.

I believe it was about three teens doing something (like camping) over the summer. One of those coming of age films.

The two parts that stick out in my mind was that they had built a big zip-line over a nearby lake and that the antagonist was a creepy guy on a dirt-bike with a paintball gun.

I am also pretty sure there was a sequel in name only with flashbacks from the original movie over top a story about a four man team relay race.

Little Marines 1 and 2?

GIMMEL
Jan 24, 2005

by Lowtax
I'm trying to remember the name of a movie where an old man tells stories in an old hospital in like the 20s or something, the movie was quite bizzare and beautifully shot. Every scene was laid out to be beautiful. The stories were about a group of people traveling through a desert on some quest. I think the old man told the stories to a kid. The movie cuts back and forth between the story and the hospital.. sorry for the vague description but I'm at a complete loss. I just remeber the movie being amazing eye candy. It was released sometime around 2007 or so I think!

edit: i think the kid sometimes chimes in with a comment on the story and the man changes it accordingly?? oh god i'm so confused help

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

GIMMEL posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie where an old man tells stories in an old hospital in like the 20s or something, the movie was quite bizzare and beautifully shot. Every scene was laid out to be beautiful. The stories were about a group of people traveling through a desert on some quest. I think the old man told the stories to a kid. The movie cuts back and forth between the story and the hospital.. sorry for the vague description but I'm at a complete loss. I just remeber the movie being amazing eye candy. It was released sometime around 2007 or so I think!

edit: i think the kid sometimes chimes in with a comment on the story and the man changes it accordingly?? oh god i'm so confused help

Probably The Fall, directed by Tarsem Singh.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

codyclarke posted:

Little Marines 1 and 2?

Bingo, I knew it had something like soldiers or commandos in the title.

GIMMEL
Jan 24, 2005

by Lowtax

morestuff posted:

Probably The Fall, directed by Tarsem Singh.

Yes! God bless you sir.

Sedes
Jun 7, 2007
Ok, now this will, unfortunately, be really vague. REALLY. VAGUE.

I can recall this film (or tv series) only by this one sequence.

A 'forest' so dense the trees are basically next to each other, all of them have basically cylinrical shapes (very regular), all with a grayish palete, the camera goes up and passes the tree top to reveal each tree is topped with big, stern faces that are of the same material as the trees, with a gray-yellow-greenish tint/glow (quite faded) to them - their crowns consist only of some twisted branches with no leaves (or scarce amounts of them), it goes even higher and then forward, beyond the tree tops (all of the same height), to a kind of retro CG city flight animation sequence, the sky is black, the buildings are all red brick structures (no shaders, retro CG).

That's all I got unfortunately. It's been haunting me for some time already and can't really get it out of my head / don't want to :(.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
I am looking for a zombie-film where a man is torn apart by zombies before a movie screen. The thing is that the blood is projected on the screen, rather than it being a result of him getting torn apart.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Apes-Ma fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 27, 2012

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Apes-Ma posted:

I am looking for a zombie-film where a man is torn apart by zombies before a movie screen. The thing is that the blood is projected on the screen, rather than it being a result of him getting torn apart.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

My guess would be Demons, which was zombies/demons in a cinema, though I'm sure someone who remembers the film better than me will tell me why I'm wrong.

SeenUnnoticed
Jan 18, 2009
I need some help identifying a movie I saw on TV a few years back. A family gets stuck in a ghost town in the southwest and somehow the dad knows a legend about the people of the town hiding in the tunnels beneath the town because of the nuclear tests nearby. One scene had the dad and son find a piece of the desert that had turned to glass from a hydrogen bomb test. They find a camcorder in the ghost town that has footage of a girl saying there's something after them in the ghost town, but it cuts off. They see the same girl in a nearby town and she has no memory of the tape or the ghost town. The movie ends with the family driving at night in the desert, then something jumps in front of the car, they crash, fade to credits. The only other thing I remember was a lot of freaky first-person shots of something stalking the family through the ghost town. Please help.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SeenUnnoticed posted:

I need some help identifying a movie I saw on TV a few years back. A family gets stuck in a ghost town in the southwest and somehow the dad knows a legend about the people of the town hiding in the tunnels beneath the town because of the nuclear tests nearby. One scene had the dad and son find a piece of the desert that had turned to glass from a hydrogen bomb test. They find a camcorder in the ghost town that has footage of a girl saying there's something after them in the ghost town, but it cuts off. They see the same girl in a nearby town and she has no memory of the tape or the ghost town. The movie ends with the family driving at night in the desert, then something jumps in front of the car, they crash, fade to credits. The only other thing I remember was a lot of freaky first-person shots of something stalking the family through the ghost town. Please help.

Disappearance.

SeenUnnoticed
Jan 18, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

Disappearance.

You are the king. Thank You.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm trying to identify something I saw as a young child. It's been bugging me for years and years. I'm fairly certain that it's not a feature length movie, more of a short/after school special sort of thing. Probably for children and probably very cheesy. I'd place it somewhere between 1985 and 1990, but don't hold me to that. I'm fairly sure it has "Shivers" in the title (though IMDB is not showing me anything), and the main actor reminded me of Kirk Cameron (though it's not him). What I remember is this: the young man wants to "learn about the shivers" so he visits some sort of cliched old haunted mansion - moving bookcases, cobwebs, candelabras, etc. While there he encounters a death-like character carrying a scythe and other bizarre events. I vaguely recall a scene where the main guy is tied down to a table with a scythe swinging above his chest, ala The Pit and the Pendulum. And I think there's a girl involved too, and at the end she says something about wanting to "learn about the blues." Yeah, it sounds horrible, but I'd give anything to watch it again.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Few of the details fit, but the overall plot sounds an awful lot like an episode of Jim Henson's The Storyteller called Fearnot, about a boy who goes off to find out what fear is. He meets a glowy fish man with head-tentacles, and in a big spooky castle meets the ghost of a man who had been cut in two.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

MrGreenShirt posted:

Few of the details fit, but the overall plot sounds an awful lot like an episode of Jim Henson's The Storyteller called Fearnot, about a boy who goes off to find out what fear is. He meets a glowy fish man with head-tentacles, and in a big spooky castle meets the ghost of a man who had been cut in two.

This how IMDB describes that episode:

"A young man named Fearnot sets out on a quest to learn how to shiver in fright. He meets a traveling tinker called McKay who vows to lead the boy to frightening places. Still, nothing on their path manages to put the shivers into Fearnot, no matter how frightening it gets."

Holy poo poo that might be it. I'll have to watch it to be sure.

EDIT: Skimmed through it on Youtube. It's not it :(. But drat that was close.

Spatulater bro! fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 28, 2012

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
A WWII movie (American) that felt like it was filmed during the war. It may have just been a short propaganda film but I don't know. There's a scene where there's a bunch of airmen sitting around and someone is teaching them how to spot aircraft by their silhouette, basically what's on spotter cards.

Then there's a scene where some guy is doing some bomb trajectory calculation for homework and asks an instructor or commanding officer or something why he couldn't get the correct answer, and the other guy is like "WHY THAT'S BECAUSE HORIZONTAL VELOCITY IS INDEPENDENT FROM VERTICAL VELOCITY!!" and the student/bombardier guy is like "SAY.... YOU'RE RIGHT!!." I thought that exchange was pretty funny and I want to see it again but I don't really know how to search for something that weird.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Alright, how about an episode of Faerie Tale Theatre called The Boy Who Left Home to Find Out About the Shivers?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

MrGreenShirt posted:

Alright, how about an episode of Faerie Tale Theatre called The Boy Who Left Home to Find Out About the Shivers?

OH gently caress ME THAT'S IT!. And the actor is none other than Peter MacNicol.

God bless you MrGreenShirt. I know what I'm watching when I get home from work.

EDIT: Wow, apparently I watched a bunch of these as a kid. My childhood is flooding back to me.

Spatulater bro! fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 28, 2012

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Drunkboxer posted:

A WWII movie (American) that felt like it was filmed during the war. It may have just been a short propaganda film but I don't know. There's a scene where there's a bunch of airmen sitting around and someone is teaching them how to spot aircraft by their silhouette, basically what's on spotter cards.

Then there's a scene where some guy is doing some bomb trajectory calculation for homework and asks an instructor or commanding officer or something why he couldn't get the correct answer, and the other guy is like "WHY THAT'S BECAUSE HORIZONTAL VELOCITY IS INDEPENDENT FROM VERTICAL VELOCITY!!" and the student/bombardier guy is like "SAY.... YOU'RE RIGHT!!." I thought that exchange was pretty funny and I want to see it again but I don't really know how to search for something that weird.

This might be "Aerial Gunner" (1943). Do you remember a sub-plot about the two main guys going after the same girl? I know I've seen the movie you are describing, and I'm fairly certain it's in the boxed set I have of WWII movies so if that's not it, the title might be one of the other ones.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/10884123

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Barometer posted:

This might be "Aerial Gunner" (1943). Do you remember a sub-plot about the two main guys going after the same girl? I know I've seen the movie you are describing, and I'm fairly certain it's in the boxed set I have of WWII movies so if that's not it, the title might be one of the other ones.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/10884123

The problem is I don't think I saw the full movie... Aerial Gunner is all up on youtube though, I'll check it out later when I get home.

Koppite
Apr 10, 2007

The Land of Pleasant Living
This movie is from the 90's or early 2000's. It's about a black dude (could be a Wayans brother) who is like a real player, and he is juggling all of these different girls. Theres a sceane where he replaces the picture on his bed when one of them is about to catch him with another girl. I think they all want access to his blackberry or his date book or something?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Koppite posted:

This movie is from the 90's or early 2000's. It's about a black dude (could be a Wayans brother) who is like a real player, and he is juggling all of these different girls. Theres a sceane where he replaces the picture on his bed when one of them is about to catch him with another girl. I think they all want access to his blackberry or his date book or something?
How to be a Player?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119326/

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Could someone help me out with this one.

I remember grabbing it from Blockbuster (Closing out now or I'd go look again) probably a couple years back. It was a weird horror with some comedy bits, really B-movie styled from what I can remember. The main guy finds an invitation to a Halloween party, so he throws on his best cardboard robot costume and checks it out, only to find a little group of weird people waiting for him, for reasons I can't really remember. Somehow I still remember one of the guys waiting for him was dressed like a Warriors Baseball Fury.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Yardbomb posted:

Could someone help me out with this one.

I remember grabbing it from Blockbuster (Closing out now or I'd go look again) probably a couple years back. It was a weird horror with some comedy bits, really B-movie styled from what I can remember. The main guy finds an invitation to a Halloween party, so he throws on his best cardboard robot costume and checks it out, only to find a little group of weird people waiting for him, for reasons I can't really remember. Somehow I still remember one of the guys waiting for him was dressed like a Warriors Baseball Fury.

Murder Party: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878695/

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Badguy posted:

Murder Party: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878695/

Woo, that's it alright. Thank ya very much. :)

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
Don't know if I should post this here or in the Rifftrax thread, but here goes: There are 2 MST3K episodes I'd like to see again. One was a black and white Japanese Godzilla or giant robot (I think) movie where towards the end Crow (again, I think) shouts "Kenny! Get bent!"

The other is also black and white. I thought it was called "Mole People" or something where there are a bunch of explorers going into a cave or coming out of a cave and there's a rockfall and a rock hits one of the explorers in the head and one of the 'bots says "Oooooh right in the coconut!"

This is all I can remember about either episode/film. Just the quotes.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

The second one is Season 8 Episode 3, The Mole People, and the first is undoubtedly one of the Gamera movies. Curse you Kenny!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

DemonDarkhorse posted:

Don't know if I should post this here or in the Rifftrax thread, but here goes: There are 2 MST3K episodes I'd like to see again. One was a black and white Japanese Godzilla or giant robot (I think) movie where towards the end Crow (again, I think) shouts "Kenny! Get bent!"
Good memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k02bPLW_Brs&t=14m38s

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw in the late 80s/early 90s. It was a b-grade horror movie about a boy who discovers some creatures in a hole in the earth and starts feeding people he doesn't like to them. The scene I remember is him pushing an old lady in a wheelchair across a meadow and dumping her down to the creatures.

Thanks!!

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

oldpainless posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw in the late 80s/early 90s. It was a b-grade horror movie about a boy who discovers some creatures in a hole in the earth and starts feeding people he doesn't like to them. The scene I remember is him pushing an old lady in a wheelchair across a meadow and dumping her down to the creatures.

Thanks!!

The Pit

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086113/

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thank you so much.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
Thanks guys!

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
sorry, never mind.

Kali11324 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 13, 2012

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
What's the movie where a couple is travelling abroad by train, I believe they are in Russia, and they get taken advantage of and bags get swapped and they get stacking dolls filled with drugs in their bags, they get arrested and held hostage and all sorts of craziness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Transsiberian?