Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Willeh posted:

That's a good point, I wasn't planning on taking a Bomber since it would pretty much require an impaler, which is even more points. I think our national meta is all about the infantrymachine at the moment, I might have to rethink my 2nd caster.

Either Madrak can have a lot of game vs lots of infantry, as can Borka. Grim Angus is a caster that I don't see too often and can basically shut down a large portion of the board for a turn to let you go to work, and works well with beasts and infantry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

S.J. posted:

Either Madrak can have a lot of game vs lots of infantry, as can Borka. Grim Angus is a caster that I don't see too often and can basically shut down a large portion of the board for a turn to let you go to work, and works well with beasts and infantry.

I've been playing Grim again lately and his feat is really one of the best.

If Willeh is thinking Grim basically set up a self sufficient forward line like Fenns/UA and a Fell Caller then have Grim skirt around with an EBDT and next to any selection of supporting light beasts. Mandatory Impaler, maybe Axer for charge range. I really like the Mauler because the strength buff is huge but it's usually overkill for Grim with EBDT since you'll be trying to kill a priority target and priority targets usually carry big shiny high POW weapons. You are probably going to want to launch the EBDT at a million miles per hour for assassinations and an Axer/Grim combo will own once marked for death is going and you fire off a shot.

J Bjelke-Postersen fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 27, 2012

S.J.
May 19, 2008

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

I've been playing Grim again lately and his feat is really one of the best.

If Willeh is thinking Grim basically set up a self sufficient forward line like Fenns/UA and a Fell Caller then have Grim skirt around with an EBDT and next to any selection of supporting light beasts. Mandatory Impaler, maybe Axer for charge range. I really like the Mauler because the strength buff is huge but it's usually overkill for Grim with EBDT since you'll be trying to kill a priority target and priority targets usually carry big shiny high POW weapons. You are probably going to want to launch the EBDT at a million miles per hour for assassinations and an Axer/Grim combo will own once marked for death is going and you fire off a shot.

Marked for Death :allears:. Such a good spell.

Definitely gonna start Trolls as my second Hordes faction whenever I get the chance, their casters are too good.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
I like the look of trolls, and individually I get there pieces, but for some reason I just can't get my head around some of their general strategies. I guess it's because all of their casters have really small spell lists, and rely on synergy pieces and animi so much. It seems to me that they're like Menoth with only half the spell lists, and that just throws me for a loop. Plus Menoth's support pieces are so much better.

Basically, this is why I am going to play Skorne: Skornergy is fairly straightforward! :suicide:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Tanon posted:

I like the look of trolls, and individually I get there pieces, but for some reason I just can't get my head around some of their general strategies. I guess it's because all of their casters have really small spell lists, and rely on synergy pieces and animi so much. It seems to me that they're like Menoth with only have the spell lists, and that just throws me for a loop. Plus Menoth's support pieces are so much better.

Basically, this is why I am going to play Skorne: Skornergy is fairly straightforward! :suicide:

Plenty of Skorne casters have short spell lists also, but it's hardly restrictive. It just makes them more focused. Honestly I'd like to see people playing Calandra more because she's basically rules enforced cheating and I'm cool with that.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

S.J. posted:

Plenty of Skorne casters have short spell lists also, but it's hardly restrictive. It just makes them more focused. Honestly I'd like to see people playing Calandra more because she's basically rules enforced cheating and I'm cool with that.

Ah, I see. I, too, would want to play Trolls if I was using a warlock that turned my whole army into Legion of Everblight. :smug:

You know, an army that's actually cool. :smuggo:

What I'm saying is, gently caress trolls, and their big dumb chins. :smugdog:

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors

vorebane posted:

One day I will post and get all my rules right at the same time! Actually reading closely I am unsure this deserves an ironic bravo, none of the Khador moves require spending focus in Garryth's zone of unfocus. This is more of a desperate play to put down that bastard elf before he tears your manrobot a new hole or two.

Exactly. I took a hard look at Garryth's card before committing. I makes it so that, while in his control area, focus can't be spent in any way, allocated, and things can't be moved from place effects. Karchev was careful to position himself outside of garryth's control area, while still being within 10 of the kodie to give him the bonus from unearthly rage (While in Karchev's control area, boosted melee attack and melee damage rolls for free) and his feat (charge and power attacks for free, plus pathfinder). This allowed my entire army to operate at good efficiency even with no focus for a turn.

Don't get me wrong, I was staring down the barrel of an elf cannon, and I knew I would probably survive the next round (and by survive I mean loosing 2 of my heavies, most if not all of the rest of my infantry, and Karchev would get banged up). I would have next to nothing the round after that. I needed to win right then and there.

Takkaryx fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 27, 2012

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Locomotive breath posted:

Ah, I see. I, too, would want to play Trolls if I was using a warlock that turned my whole army into Legion of Everblight. :smug:

Are you my long lost twin brother?

Because I say the same things, right down to those stupid loving chins

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Perhaps some day I'll have a challenging game against Legion, but in the mean time: Gun Mages :smuggo:

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

Loco, your amount of general smugness is disturbing.

And since when have you started pimping Legion? Did you give up on Menoth?

EDIT: Also, yes, I do love it when Lynch drops a Flare on top of eLylyth so my Defender can one-shot her. :smug:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Tanon posted:

Loco, your amount of general smugness is disturbing.

And since when have you started pimping Legion? Did you give up on Menoth?

Nah, nothing like that. I just couldn't pass up such a prime opportunity to make fun of Trollbloods. :v:

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Might I recommend Borka for maximum :black101:

Also I think you've posted what dudes you have before, but can you let me know. If you don't want to buy a tonne of new poo poo the thread might be able to help you work with what you've got plus a few new money based tricks.

Yeah, about that..pretty much every monetary consideration went out the window on my trolls lately, I own a ton of crap now..all heavies, fenns, burrowers, champs, stones, cavalry, solos out the rear end.

I've run Borka a few games before, but I haven't really found what makes him tick. Grim is a good one too, but I think for scenarios like guidons jarl is better. I ran him with Nyss too, his upkeep spells are really good on them.

For Borka, I would run something like this:

System: Hordes
Faction: Trollblood
Casters: 1/1
Borka Kegslayer (*5pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Earthborn Dire Troll (10pts)
Pyg Burrowers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer (2pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)
Totem Hunter (3pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)

It's still in progress ofcourse, might switch the EBDT for a mauler, since I feel I would need a POW boost with Borka in some cases.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Borka basically just leads from the (almost) front, iron fleshes the tarpit directly in front of him, maybe windwalls, loads up the krielstone. When you engage he pops feat/casts that wacky knockdown spell, camps/iron fleshes himself into basically being invulnerable. Sometimes hits dudes in their face with his club thing. Doesnt die.

Really doesnt die.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

Really doesnt die.

Truer words :smith:

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

yeah, coming from Menoth with its stable of of senile old dudes a warlock who doesn't die is a welcome change.

I'm worried about borka in scenarios though, gonna have to play around with him to see what works best.

Should be fun though, drink some booze, whack some dudes in the face, be sweet.

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

Likely going to be joining an escalation league here, provided I can get more than one person willing to play on my day. Screw driving to that area of Houston more than once a week...

I'm thinking of using it as a way to learn Kraye, moving up 25pts to 50pts over a few weeks, playing scenarios. The idea is to bring in new people and teach them as we've gotten a big influx, so I really don't want to stick with a faction I know well, so Cygnar it is.

Except mostly I don't like Cygnar. I really only like Sloan and Kraye. Those will likely end up being my two lists. Anyone roll with Sloan much? It looks to me like I can reuse my Llael and Kraye models. Can I run an okay Sloan with things like

Hunters
Charger
Hammersmith
Cyclone
Long Gunners
Rangers
LOTS of ATGMs
B13

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Korwen posted:

A couple of thoughts:
First thing is that I would take more heavies. I'd take maybe a Vanquisher and a Reckoner or Templar instead of what you have listed. The Crusader is a cheap beatstick which is good, and Harby makes him faster, but that still puts him at a 9.5" threat range, which I'd say is average. If you take reach jacks such as the Reckoner or Templar, that makes their threat ranges go from average (10" and 9") to excellent at 12" and 11". Also don't forget that an Assault is part of a charge, meaning you can assault with a Reckoner, get the 2" from crusader's call and now you're charging 10" and shooting 12.

I don't like taking Daughters without defensive buffs from either a caster or a solo like Rhupert. Sure they get a great threat range with Harby, but I don't see 1 unit being terribly useful, and I prefer a Vanquisher for clearing out single-wound infantry as opposed to Daughters. Maybe they'd work as Jammers, but I'd take 2 units for that.

I don't like the Reclaimer in this list. Harby has 10 Focus, and granted she camps a fair bit of it, but even then you could max out 2 heavies on focus and still camp 4. I feel like we have a ton of 2 point solos that could go in this slot (2nd Vassal, Rhupert, Gorman di Wulfe to name a few) that I'd prefer. Probably Gorman with Harby just for the smoke cloud.

I like the Knights Errant with her, I like the Heirophant, and the Seneschal can be fun. Remember that Martyrdom is 10" though, it's CMD not CTRL.

Either way she's sick nasty, have fun playing her!

After some theorymachine games I've found your advice was very strong! So, with that, I think this is my ~final list~.

quote:

System: Warmachine
Faction: Protectorate of Menoth
Harbinger of Menoth (*5pts)
* Dervish (4pts)
* Repenter (4pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Deliverer Sunburst Crew (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
Exemplar Errants (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard Bearer (2pts)
Knight Exemplar Seneschal (3pts)
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

I added the Sunburst because I found myself having trouble clearing infantry until I could get my Repenter up in their faces, and it proved a great way to hassle light jacks and tougher infantry who were being real dicks. Rhupert did wonderful in this setup, the Knights with him backing them up become living blenders and my friend's Cygnar infantry became screaming pieces of fruit in my victory smoothie.

I'm thinking, though, because I'm an obsessive list tweeker, could I benefit more in finding a way to shove in a second Reckoner or a Templar? If I can't figure a way to do that without just scrapping this whole list, I may try to do that because I'm finding she does wonderful with Heavies and just 'good' with Lights so far.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
The schedule of events for Lock & Load 2012 has been released. Check out the schedule with complete details for each event at http://www.pplockandload.com/events

If you haven't purchased your 2012 Lock & Load Gamefest badge yet, don't delay! Badges are going quickly and are sure to sell out.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Cygnar update: totally making black and yellow (black and yellow black and yellow) my scheme. BEES!

Someone send me some test models!

Pops
Sep 11, 2004

At the end of the day, they are what makes it happen. They are their factions' military might.

They are why we can say...

Victory.

Raiche posted:

Hunters
Charger
Hammersmith
Cyclone
Long Gunners
Rangers
LOTS of ATGMs
B13

Looks good to me.

The infantry you've highlighted (especially the Rangers, ATGM, and Black 13th) are good at what they do if you can keep them away from melee and blast templates. The Rangers and Gun Mages are particularly good Cygnaran infantry, though all of them benefit from Sloan's feat and support.

I haven't run Sloan myself, so I can't really say how well she does with a ton of 'jacks, but all the others are definitely solid 'jack choices. Reservations about Chargers being focus-hungry aside, they make good big brothers for Junior, and if you don't mind Jack Marshaling, the Gun Mage officer can take advantage of Dual Shot and give it special ammunition qualities, which is always fun.

Hmm... Rangers, Black 13th, Hunters, and a sniper caster. That's an interesting setup. If you're going for all-stealth, maybe consider Trencher Commandos? If you're looking for heavy ranged stopping power, a Defender might help too. Looks like a very decent list either way, though. Keep us informed, I'm very interested to hear how Operation: Silent Swan goes.

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

Pops posted:

Looks good to me.

The infantry you've highlighted (especially the Rangers, ATGM, and Black 13th) are good at what they do if you can keep them away from melee and blast templates. The Rangers and Gun Mages are particularly good Cygnaran infantry, though all of them benefit from Sloan's feat and support.

I haven't run Sloan myself, so I can't really say how well she does with a ton of 'jacks, but all the others are definitely solid 'jack choices. Reservations about Chargers being focus-hungry aside, they make good big brothers for Junior, and if you don't mind Jack Marshaling, the Gun Mage officer can take advantage of Dual Shot and give it special ammunition qualities, which is always fun.

Hmm... Rangers, Black 13th, Hunters, and a sniper caster. That's an interesting setup. If you're going for all-stealth, maybe consider Trencher Commandos? If you're looking for heavy ranged stopping power, a Defender might help too. Looks like a very decent list either way, though. Keep us informed, I'm very interested to hear how Operation: Silent Swan goes.

Thanks for the advice! I love the Defender model, I'm happy to pick one up and work it in as a swing-Sloan model. I am sure the Hammersmith can help Kraye deal with hard targets, but the Defender matches Sloan much better.

I was originally going for a very Confederate Cygnar paint scheme, but now that Fort Falk is a thing.. I should play up the whole stealth/AD list bit. Silent Swan, I like.

Also, need to do a conversion on Sloan. A fun week ahead!

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Okay so there are some Warmachine players that have gotten a group together and I've decided to give this game a shot. Thing is, I really like the the looks of the gators and franken pigs. Would playing a squealing horde be fun or just too much of an uphill battle to enjoy? Could I add other models from the minion line for variety or do they have to be all from the same "flavor"? I've seen a couple of Menoth and Trollblood models around but other than that I don't know what everyone plays.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Raiche posted:

Likely going to be joining an escalation league here, provided I can get more than one person willing to play on my day. Screw driving to that area of Houston more than once a week...

I'm thinking of using it as a way to learn Kraye, moving up 25pts to 50pts over a few weeks, playing scenarios. The idea is to bring in new people and teach them as we've gotten a big influx, so I really don't want to stick with a faction I know well, so Cygnar it is.

Except mostly I don't like Cygnar. I really only like Sloan and Kraye. Those will likely end up being my two lists. Anyone roll with Sloan much? It looks to me like I can reuse my Llael and Kraye models. Can I run an okay Sloan with things like

Hunters
Charger
Hammersmith
Cyclone
Long Gunners
Rangers
LOTS of ATGMs
B13

I've played with Sloan a bit. Cyclone is excellent but don't bother putting it in her Battlegroup - it should go to the Gun Mages. Long Gunners should pretty much just never be taken ever. Charger is way too focus hungry. Hunters are excellent, Defenders are excellent, Rangers are good but not necessary (ie, don't add them below 50) because your shooting is already really accurate, and the B13 don't necessarily add anything that she needs, especially with a Cyclone on the table already. Trencher Commandos work well as infantry clearing devices (minimum unit with 2-3 weapon attachments) with grenades and shotguns if you're careful with them.

Just remember not to go too ranged heavy with your non-Battlegroup models, because eventually you will get into melee and if you don't have anything at least mildly competent in melee you will regret it.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 27, 2012

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Bah. Was working on finishing Drago and dropped him ... and both his arms broke off. Taking this as an opportunity to fix his terrible pose I pinned his arms and got him stripped and re-primed .... and dropped him AGAIN last night, loving up the custom spike work I did on his shoulderpads. I am seriously considering taking him off his base, writing "Drago" on it, and fielding that instead.

I wound up splitting a Privateer Press Black Dragon shield pack with another Khador player in this thread, and now it looks like I'm not going to need all the left over bits. Would anyone be interested in one standard and seven shields from the Khador Black Dragon Iron Fang Pikemen Unit Upgrade? http://store.privateerpress.com/khadorblackdragonironfangpikemenunitupgrade.aspx

Hit me up on PMs.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
Having now played a few games with my friends Khador army, I can safely say...

gently caress that, I bought Gunnbjorn and a Dire Troll bomber but I am unsure of what else I should get for a 15 point list.

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
Impailer Impailer Impailer Impailer.

Actually, since it's Battle Box, toss in a Slag Troll for Warjack Melting goodness. But getting an Impailer comes first.

EDIT: Never mind that, Gunnbjorn has only +5 warbeast points. Enough for 2 Impailers or, probably more useful in the long run, an Impailer and a Pyre Troll.

Chicken Slayer fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 28, 2012

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Argh. I made two mistakes this week:

1. Buying a "lot" of Warmachine stuff, that had mostly Khador, with two Cygnar jacks in it.

2. Buying my wife the Circle Oboros druid because she thought it looked cool.

Now I want to buy even more crap to flesh out those two armies.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
gently caress what you heard, Proteus is your new boss and he's awesome. Warning I didn't resize that so it's gigantic. I added a little section of extra neck so he looks a little better. Pinned drat near everything except the legs, since the plastic kit has those gigantic awesome slots for them. Can't wait to get him painted up. I'm going to do him and Typhon in the same night like some kind of deadly marathon. If I survive I will take pictures!

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

alchahest posted:

gently caress what you heard, Proteus is your new boss and he's awesome. Warning I didn't resize that so it's gigantic. I added a little section of extra neck so he looks a little better. Pinned drat near everything except the legs, since the plastic kit has those gigantic awesome slots for them. Can't wait to get him painted up. I'm going to do him and Typhon in the same night like some kind of deadly marathon. If I survive I will take pictures!

I quite like how my magnetized kit turned out (bonus WIP Throne in the background).

Don't know if I'll ever end up fielding two carniveans, but the option to mix and match my existing three metal heavies with a second one of any of them or Proteus sounds good to me. I'll give him a shot tomorrow night.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

alchahest posted:

PROTEUS?!?!

MORE LIKE BRO-TEUS!

I tried to replicate the art from the book. I gave him Scythean shoulders with Carnivean arms.

Then I spent an hour messing around with my airbrush trying to figure out paint scheme.

EDIT: ^^^ I was going to magnetize, but then I decided not to. I would rather spend the 24 dollars or whatever to buy an additional one, then have the paint job ruined by taking parts on/off all the time. I already had 1 Carnivean, 1 Scythean, and 2 Ravagores in metal, and just bought 2 Plastics for a Scythean and Proteus.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 28, 2012

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
drat guys, it is good to see proteus represented so drat well. Now I feel the responsiblity that comes with my purchase of this bad dude, and will try my best to make him look super awesome all painted up. did you guys have as much trouble as me, pinning his tentacles? I had such a hard time hanging onto the things when drilling into them.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

alchahest posted:

drat guys, it is good to see proteus represented so drat well. Now I feel the responsiblity that comes with my purchase of this bad dude, and will try my best to make him look super awesome all painted up. did you guys have as much trouble as me, pinning his tentacles? I had such a hard time hanging onto the things when drilling into them.

I didn't have that much of a bad time with the pinning, but I think I hosed up putting his mandible/teeth things in.

One of my friends was bitching about how pillowfisted Proteus was, and that 'loving sucks... P+S 16's on a 11 point heavy..."

It is almost like he was balanced with Absylonia's buffs in mind!! Wonders never cease! I just can't wait to use a FIVE loving FURY LEGION WARBEAST! I can fully charge a Forsaken on turn 1! Um, lets see what other wonderful things can I do... Double Gallows + Drag with Bethayne?! Awesome! Three initial melee attacks and 5 fury is amazing.

Also, remember that he gets a free melee swing at anything he drags with his ranged attack. So you get 2 attacks when you shoot your gun, and 3 attacks when you choose to melee.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
I would totally buy a Proteus upgrade and plastic kit just cause he looks so sweet.

LintMan
Mar 12, 2006
Be seening you
Going to attend my first tournament in 3 weeks’ time. Here are two lists. I don’t have a lot of choice in figure tweaks, I am still waiting on my Fennblade UA to arrive. It’s a 2 list 35pt Steam roller tournament (no reinforcement scenarios). It’s going to be the largest Warmahordes event in NZ and I hope I actually win a game. What are you thoughts?

Chief Madrak Ironhide (*6pts)
* Troll Axer (6pts)
* Mulg the Ancient (12pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Trollkin Champions (Leader and 2 Grunts) (6pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)

Grim Angus (*6pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Why didnt anyone model the feather pillows on his fists? SHAZOW! :slick: :whatup: :pcgaming:

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

S.J. posted:

I've played with Sloan a bit. Cyclone is excellent but don't bother putting it in her Battlegroup - it should go to the Gun Mages. Long Gunners should pretty much just never be taken ever. Charger is way too focus hungry. Hunters are excellent, Defenders are excellent, Rangers are good but not necessary (ie, don't add them below 50) because your shooting is already really accurate, and the B13 don't necessarily add anything that she needs, especially with a Cyclone on the table already. Trencher Commandos work well as infantry clearing devices (minimum unit with 2-3 weapon attachments) with grenades and shotguns if you're careful with them.

Just remember not to go too ranged heavy with your non-Battlegroup models, because eventually you will get into melee and if you don't have anything at least mildly competent in melee you will regret it.

Thank you as well. I would definitely have gone crazy with ranged models with Sloan, except maybe Precursors or Boomie for a tarpit. Will look into the Trencher Commandos. And Defenders, woo! Love that 'jack. And Cyclone + Dude may make me -almost- as happy as Mule + Dude.

Is there really that much dislike for the Charger? I remember seeing it on the other end of the table and it being a high priority for me. It can put out a ton of damage for a little guy with two focus.

I have to use Sloan now. I spent a couple hours trying to convert her and I despise pinning small things like Ranger/Sloan gun barrels. It took me an hour for Sloan's gun, I cannot imagine doing two units of Rangers now; they may end up having to live with funky guns. I ended up bleeding, so I think somewhere the gaming gods have taken their sacrifice and demand I run her.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

LintMan posted:

Going to attend my first tournament in 3 weeks’ time. Here are two lists. I don’t have a lot of choice in figure tweaks, I am still waiting on my Fennblade UA to arrive. It’s a 2 list 35pt Steam roller tournament (no reinforcement scenarios). It’s going to be the largest Warmahordes event in NZ and I hope I actually win a game. What are you thoughts?

Chief Madrak Ironhide (*6pts)
* Troll Axer (6pts)
* Mulg the Ancient (12pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)

Grim Angus (*6pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)

I would drop the krielstone for grim angus and put in an earthborn dire troll instead of a mauler. I think you can drop the stone and the mauler, put in the earthborn and max out the champs.

Borka list looks fine to me, but I haven't really played him that much yet. Also, good luck at the event!

Willeh fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 28, 2012

Mr_Happy_Pants
Jan 21, 2006
A great big parcel of cryx goodies came today. In it was my brand new metal Harrower. Does anyone know of any assembly guides for this thing online?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My friend just bought one a week ago, from what I recall he said it wasn't as bad as he thought to assemble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Raiche posted:

Thank you as well. I would definitely have gone crazy with ranged models with Sloan, except maybe Precursors or Boomie for a tarpit. Will look into the Trencher Commandos. And Defenders, woo! Love that 'jack. And Cyclone + Dude may make me -almost- as happy as Mule + Dude.

Is there really that much dislike for the Charger? I remember seeing it on the other end of the table and it being a high priority for me. It can put out a ton of damage for a little guy with two focus.

I have to use Sloan now. I spent a couple hours trying to convert her and I despise pinning small things like Ranger/Sloan gun barrels. It took me an hour for Sloan's gun, I cannot imagine doing two units of Rangers now; they may end up having to live with funky guns. I ended up bleeding, so I think somewhere the gaming gods have taken their sacrifice and demand I run her.

If you want to get 2 full boosted shots you need three focus for the charger. I can't name a single caster that has 3 focus to hand out every turn, and if you give it to Jr you're just asking for yourself to get 2-for-1'd. Plus, it does nothing in melee and has no secondary abilities.

Also you pinned Sloan? Dear God, why?

Mr_Happy_Pants posted:

A great big parcel of cryx goodies came today. In it was my brand new metal Harrower. Does anyone know of any assembly guides for this thing online?

Just look at the box, it's honestly not that bad.

• Locked thread