Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The impact of falling onto the deactivated window will break Roxy's legs, leaving her wheelchair-bound for the rest of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
For those not on the Tumblrs, NotASenator, the admin for MSPA, and his family are going through some very difficult times. His 6-year-old niece is having brain surgery. Check it out if you're able to help.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OH GOD ROXY NO

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I don't intend to start a derail but I gotta know what you're referring to here

He's an actor who's had major starring roles in movies like Live Free Or Die Hard and Hitman. But it's just a job, and he lives quietly with his wife and kids at home. Not all Hollywood actors are loving insane just most of them

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Starmaker posted:

For those not on the Tumblrs, NotASenator, the admin for MSPA, and his family are going through some very difficult times. His 6-year-old niece is having brain surgery. Check it out if you're able to help.

Donate if you can!

I donated what I had left on my card. It isn't much, but it's going to a good place and every bit counts, I suppose.

I had surgery to remove a few tumors in my ear when I was the same age. poo poo's surreal and scary when you're a kid. I can barely hear out of my left ear now, so I'm hoping something similar doesn't happen to Tori here.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

edit: Sorry to hear about that little girl's problems. :(

Walliard posted:

I just found Discovering Webcomics today (Homestuck tag chronological). No reaction memes, but I hope you like variations on the :D emoticon because this girl is literally Jade. Just wait until she starts making voice posts. Currently a bit after [S] Jack: Ascend.

I'm laughing at how similar in personality this person is to Jade. In fact, it's almost suspicious. Her reaction to Dave (long before the first Jade/Dave conversation) is exactly Jade's reaction to Dave: "So Cool!"

But I'm a bad person, because I'm sitting here cackling as she approaches Dave finding his first Dead Dave and awaiting her reaction.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 28, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maybe she'll wind up falling on top of the meteor or something.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

This can't end well. GC is not the most benevolent cat, is he?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The thing with cats is that sometimes they are playing (i.e. being an rear end in a top hat), and other times they are helping in their inscrutable feline ways. We really can't know what goes on in the head of an omniscient cat, so we'll just have to wait and see. I doubt anything it's done has been arbitrary.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reminds me of a joke I heard once: dogs think "Wow, these people feed me and shelter me and love me all the time, so they must be gods!" while cats think "Wow, these people feed me and shelter me and love me all the time, so I must a god!"

This cat actually is.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
All hail GCat.

Because we'd rather not find out what happens if we don't.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Man, Doc Scratch and GCAT would get along famously.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

I'm pretty sure GCat is my favorite character in the comic.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Seoinin posted:

Man, Doc Scratch and GCAT would get along famously.

I dunno, cats are notoriously terrible houseguests. Always eating all your food and ruining your furniture.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Bobulus posted:

GCAT could actually be still helping her, in a roundabout way. If his intent was to disable the window, he could have just unplugged it. As it stands now, he's just changed the exit point to Dirk, who can presumably plug it back in, and then help Roxy.

If you look at the panel where it appears there, the plug still exists and has not been damaged. It just needs to be plugged back in. This is, of course, assuming Dirk will immediately have it in his head to plug it in.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Walliard posted:

I dunno, cats are notoriously terrible houseguests. Always eating all your food and ruining your furniture.

Doc Scratch is used to this

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Problem Sleuth would indicate that perhaps this is a bigger problem than is immediately obvious :ohdear:

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

Tollymain posted:

He's an actor who's had major starring roles in movies like Live Free Or Die Hard and Hitman. But it's just a job, and he lives quietly with his wife and kids at home. Not all Hollywood actors are loving insane just most of them

No mention of Deadwood? C'mon.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I think windows work a little different here than in problem sleuth, they seem to go through the dream bubbles in the furthest ring, so that's probably where Roxy will end up if the other window doesn't get plugged back in.

Note that being in the furthest ring absolutely does not preclude the possibility of monsters all over the place.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Exactly, the windows lead to the Furthest Ring/dream bubbles. Theoretically, this could be the way the post-scratch kids enter the medium. Since the ring and scepter are shown to have no prototype bubbles -- all the kids could jump in through these windows and get into the game that way. Or, conversely, fall on to a rocketing meteor.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Wait, why do the windows lead to the Furthest Ring? I don't remember anything like that mentioned anywhere.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
It hasn't been explicitly spelled out; it's just that the void between windows has to be some sort of quasi-place, and it's the most natural interpretation of Roxy passing by her own dreamself during one of these trips.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Oh, I'd completely forgotten about her seeing her dreamself! That would explain it, yeah.

Since the distance between the panes in the real world corresponds to the distance of the void when traveling between them, I wonder what will happen in the void if Dirk plugs it back in. Roxy just might be dropping for a while in that case.

Battle Strudel
Jan 1, 2010

Cryophage posted:

Just caught up on secret pony redux, and I'm not sure how I feel about it; if followed up on, it would mean that Roxy has an unreciprocated desire for every other character she knows. In other words, she's Eridan.

Well, she does have the requisite striped scarf for it now.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Dirk your level of coolness highly depends on plugging in that window on the double.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

FutureSushi posted:

Problem Sleuth would indicate that perhaps this is a bigger problem than is immediately obvious :ohdear:

OH GOD I forgot about that page.
I really, REALLY hope this summoning procedure isn't referring to this instance of the unplugging of a fenestrated wall. :ohdear:

First rule of MSPA: Never unplug a window.

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 28, 2012

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

TOAST7312 posted:

OH GOD I forgot about that page.
I really, REALLY hope this summoning procedure isn't referring to this instance of the unplugging of a fenestrated wall. :ohdear:

First rule of MSPA: Never unplug a window.

The specific procedure refers to the summoning of Fluthlu in Problem Sleuth, which involved two fenestres getting jumbled (in this and the next few pages). It doesn't look like anything like that will happen here.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Goddamn you GCAT. :argh:

Well, she is the hero of the void, so maybe she'll do some voidey thing and be alright.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
If Dirk doesn't immediately plug the window back in she might be out there for a while. Maybe she is supposed to navigate through the void, or she might meet the others on the meteor. Dave could even give her a copy of the game if that happens. Would she bring the whole thing with her into the session if she played it there?

Relaxodon
Oct 2, 2010
I wish Nicolas Cage would read Homestuck. It would be the most delicious Double Meta Reacharound back into reality.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maybe we could trick him into thinking it's a pitch from his agent, thus forcing him to read the source material to prepare for the role. He'd totally do it :downs:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dirk will plug it in just in time for intermission 2 to begin, at the end of which Jade and and co. promptly fly out and destroy Dirk's roof.

Roxy's fate will remain a mystery for at least 500 pages.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Or i'm guessing that roxy's fate will be left unknown, until after the intermission when we'll get a "Roxy: Hurry up and land already" page

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
If GCat's purpose is actually to transport Roxy to where Dirk is, then it might not be to get them to meet. Roxy causes the blackout intermittently, so GCat may just be preventing an observer of the timeline or an omniscient entity from observing something that Dirk might do. Whether this is malicious or not I have no idea.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 28, 2012

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So here's a question: Scratch couldn't penetrate Darkleer's voidy-thing, which lead to Mindfang using him for magic cue ball storage. GCat seems to have no trouble perceiving Roxy's business to the point that it can mess with her at just the right time. Anyone have a theory as to what the hell's going on there?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cabbit posted:

So here's a question: Scratch couldn't penetrate Darkleer's voidy-thing, which lead to Mindfang using him for magic cue ball storage. GCat seems to have no trouble perceiving Roxy's business to the point that it can mess with her at just the right time. Anyone have a theory as to what the hell's going on there?

Scratch didnt know where the cue ball was, he had no idea Mindfang or Vriska had that sort of thing. He probably could have visited them if he had any reason to. Just because GCat cant omnivision her, doesnt mean he cant visit in person I guess.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
My guess is that Gcat was mostly there for Jaspers/Cloning shenanigans, and, being a cat, decided to be an rear end in a top hat to the only human in the vicinity.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Cabbit posted:

GCAT is a cat, and therefore just known things.

In other news, Music Contest winners have been notified! If you haven't been notified sorry, you're not a contest winner.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Seems kind of dickish to solicit album art, sell the album for money, and then offer no compensation to the artists. As long as they are aware of that from the outset, I guess.

Or was this going to be a free album? Can't remember.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Seems kind of dickish to solicit album art, sell the album for money, and then offer no compensation to the artists. As long as they are aware of that from the outset, I guess.

Or was this going to be a free album? Can't remember.

Paid Album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
I mentioned this a few days ago, but here's Michael Bowman's cover of I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FQYt5qJHxOQ

I think it's catchy.