Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
:colbert::colbert::colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

hank hill is ugly. he gets no girls. i hate him. hank hill should own a mansion and live like B.I.G every day of his life. id watch that. in episode one he'd get some famouse girl preggers and peggy dident know so when peggy finds out (in this show she is hot ((even animated ((( is that wrong to think an animated persons hot?))))) she has a huge mudpit fight in a bikini with the pregnant girl. and the baby gets squished in her belly and all is well.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

that awful man posted:

The conclusion is still the best:

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

SATURNS SON EATER posted:

it was predictable as hell (it's an american akira) but it was done really well, and the "found film" thing was internally consistant and done well

not really. the found footage thing was the weakest part of the movie and got really loving contrived in a lot of places especially when they introduced the girl with the camera whose sole purpose in the movie seemed to be "gently caress i guess we need some more camera angles"

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

NINbuntu 64 posted:

not really. the found footage thing was the weakest part of the movie and got really loving contrived in a lot of places especially when they introduced the girl with the camera whose sole purpose in the movie seemed to be "gently caress i guess we need some more camera angles"

That sounds a little better than "focus only on people you want to see die horribly" like in Cloverfield and "drop the whole thing entirely" like District 9.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

LP97S posted:

That sounds a little better than "focus only on people you want to see die horribly" like in Cloverfield and "drop the whole thing entirely" like District 9.

yah but the movie honestly would have been a lot better if they dropped the found footage angle entirely

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Best SF/fantasy found footage film is "Troll Hunter". I was loving amazed at how good that was.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

Best SF/fantasy found footage film is "Troll Hunter". I was loving amazed at how good that was.

this unironically

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Heresiarch posted:

I'm watching it right now, it is really drat impressive, especially with the sound work and jumpiness while trying to find a relevant clip. I wish some independent Americans could do without the troll. It also makes me want to visit Nordic counties even though they look like Seattle.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Heresiarch posted:

pick a night and get high and drunk as hell with ya homeboys and watch this movie. like put ya babbys to bed or get a sitter and go get high and drink some beers and watch this

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Christ, between this and Lillihammer Netflix is going to think I have some weird Norwegian obsession.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

SATURNS SON EATER posted:

did you see Chronicle yet?

chronicle is quite good for a "found footage" movie :frogbon:

possibly even the best of them :shobon:

:reject:

:emo:

edit

Heresiarch posted:

whoops

you're right, i haven't seen it though but all my friends say it's sweet

breadshaped fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 28, 2012

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
troll hunter owns so much

honkwins
Jun 24, 2011

a high-protein meat alternative

LP97S posted:

That sounds a little better than "focus only on people you want to see die horribly" like in Cloverfield

hey i liked cloverfield

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

honkwins posted:

hey i liked cloverfield

i liked the concept, and the fact that all the characters you hated died (all of them)

however you hate all the characters and the first half hour is incredibly painful to watch

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
why is this thread still going

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

because as long as its still open we can pretend that kirk hasn't really left

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

graph posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there are seven thousand posts in this thread, all of them poo poo

toby
Dec 4, 2002

graph posted:

there are seven thousand posts in this thread, all of them poo poo

especially yours

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

toby posted:

especially yours

:riker:

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

graph posted:

this is jondis's last thread man

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
wait what happened to kirk :confused:

toby
Dec 4, 2002

so yeah did kirk pull a z0r-style babby-freakout or something

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

kirk died

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
is kirk realy dead

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

reallyprettymad posted:

is kirk realy dead

he's in heaven with preg net.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

every kirk dies

not every kirk truly lives

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

reallyprettymad posted:

is kirk realy dead

they'll bring him back in a season or so

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

if i turn into a ghost
at least in heaven i can post

see you at the crossroads

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

rotor posted:

because as long as its still open we can pretend that kirk hasn't really left

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bridge on the captain

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

sticky wizard posted:

i liked the concept, and the fact that all the characters you hated died (all of them)

however you hate all the characters and the first half hour is incredibly painful to watch

the second half makes up for it

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Mind Spew posted:

the second half makes up for it

unless you're a baby who can't handle wobbly cinematography

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
kirk is busy fact checking memory alpha guys, chill out

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
wil wheaton more like won't wheaton

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.

Trig Discipline posted:

wil wheaton more like won't wheaton
what keeps that guy alive

honkwins
Jun 24, 2011

a high-protein meat alternative

unleash the unicorn posted:

what keeps that guy alive

the traveler, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NINbuntu 64