Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

John Carstairs posted:

The Lego thread not on the first page? That won't do.

After turning in three separate major work projects at around 6 AM, I spent the rest of the morning reliving my childhood by recreating the second greatest toys from it (Dino-Riders) with the first (Lego, of course):

The side guns rotate vertically, the top one rotates horizontally, and the flick-fire missiles fire if you can get your fingers in there. I had to go with a brick-built Rulon head because I don't own any Ninjago (Minus the one I got this body from...) or Atlantis sets.

The back view is somewhat less exciting.

This one... has lasers. It's a Valorian because I was too lazy to find a way to build a brain box that would stay on the raptor heads.

Raptor butt.

Had the Dino line come out, say, fifteen to twenty years ago, I'm pretty sure I would have simply exploded on the spot.

I hate you. I didnt want to buy any of the Dinosaur sets, but now I have to. I wish Dino-Riders would come out on dvd :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM
Thanks to this thread I decided I wanted to get a few of the series 6 minifigs. The target down the street from me has them for 2.99 each so I tried my luck with squishing a few packages. Ended up getting 2 bandits, lady liberty, 2 leprechauns, and a space girl.

I was pretty far off on a few of them seeing as how I was trying to get a minotaur and roman soldier in there. Hopefully next time I'll have a little more luck since I know more of what to try and feel for. Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of my extras.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkRider09 posted:

Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of my extras.

You could always try the SA minifigure trading thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439442

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

John Carstairs posted:

The Lego thread not on the first page? That won't do.

After turning in three separate major work projects at around 6 AM, I spent the rest of the morning reliving my childhood by recreating the second greatest toys from it (Dino-Riders) with the first (Lego, of course):

The side guns rotate vertically, the top one rotates horizontally, and the flick-fire missiles fire if you can get your fingers in there. I had to go with a brick-built Rulon head because I don't own any Ninjago (Minus the one I got this body from...) or Atlantis sets.

The back view is somewhat less exciting.

This one... has lasers. It's a Valorian because I was too lazy to find a way to build a brain box that would stay on the raptor heads.

Raptor butt.

Had the Dino line come out, say, fifteen to twenty years ago, I'm pretty sure I would have simply exploded on the spot.

Oh man, I love this! Please make more and post pictures!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DarkRider09 posted:

Thanks to this thread I decided I wanted to get a few of the series 6 minifigs. The target down the street from me has them for 2.99 each so I tried my luck with squishing a few packages. Ended up getting 2 bandits, lady liberty, 2 leprechauns, and a space girl.

I was pretty far off on a few of them seeing as how I was trying to get a minotaur and roman soldier in there. Hopefully next time I'll have a little more luck since I know more of what to try and feel for. Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of my extras.

Save your Lady Liberty extra. It seems to be the second or third most valuable Series 6 figure(also one of the "only 3 in the box" ones), once they go out of production you should be able to make a great trade with it.

With Series 7 around the corner, I'm thinking I may bite the bullet and buy two unopened cases. And I can open them and give my theory a test run, to see if each box's figure placement is exactly the same each time.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Save your Lady Liberty extra. It seems to be the second or third most valuable Series 6 figure(also one of the "only 3 in the box" ones), once they go out of production you should be able to make a great trade with it.

With Series 7 around the corner, I'm thinking I may bite the bullet and buy two unopened cases. And I can open them and give my theory a test run, to see if each box's figure placement is exactly the same each time.

What is the most valuable one? I have dupes of just about everything from series 6.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

mattfl posted:

What is the most valuable one? I have dupes of just about everything from series 6.

Legionnaire.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Platypus posted:

Legionnaire.

Ah! I've got like 5 of him kickin around. He's pretty easy to find, feel for the spear thingy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If past "potential army" figures are anything to go by, Legionnaires will skyrocket once Series 6 is well and truly gone from shelves, and they're already going for 9-10 each even while still available in stores. Spartans are at least 10, Zombies are loving absurd at like 20 a pop, etc.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

If past "potential army" figures are anything to go by, Legionnaires will skyrocket once Series 6 is well and truly gone from shelves, and they're already going for 9-10 each even while still available in stores. Spartans are at least 10, Zombies are loving absurd at like 20 a pop, etc.

Guess I need to hit up walmart/target/toys r us and grab as many Legionnaires as I still can then!

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

mattfl posted:

Ah! I've got like 5 of him kickin around. He's pretty easy to find, feel for the spear thingy.

My problem has been that all the stores around me are totally wiped out of legionnaires. I'm normally great at figuring out what's in those little bags, but there's never any there.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Platypus posted:

My problem has been that all the stores around me are totally wiped out of legionnaires. I'm normally great at figuring out what's in those little bags, but there's never any there.

The walmart near me JUST got minifigs in like last week. The whole lego aisle was redone and they had probably the equivalent of 2 or 3 boxes throughout the aisle. I was able to find 2 of them pretty quickly. Think I'll be heading back tonight!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm glad I bought an extra zombie and kept it sealed, then.

Also, I'm up to six Legionnaires. Yeah, I'm that guy.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Red posted:

I'm glad I bought an extra zombie and kept it sealed, then.

Also, I'm up to six Legionnaires. Yeah, I'm that guy.

I have a feeling putting together my collection of series 1 mini figs is going to be painfully expensive. :(

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I have 9 Zombies, should I sell them?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Phyresis posted:

Yes. To me. For a dollar.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Phyresis posted:

Wow, they weren't kidding: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-ZOMBIE...6#ht_500wt_1200

It's over $20 for a loose figure. I'd say it's only going to go up in value over time, but who knows when the value of these things will peak.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Yeah, mine are loose, and I need money to buy expensive Warhammer models so I'm probably going to toss them on ebay.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Haha that ebay auction, "for Walking Dead/Call of Duty fans".

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Red posted:

It's over $20 for a loose figure. I'd say it's only going to go up in value over time, but who knows when the value of these things will peak.

Right before LEGO announces the new LEGO Roman Zombie Apocalypse line.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Phyresis posted:

To me, for $5! :)

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I really wish they would do a Roman or Greek line.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Phyresis posted:

Sell them now because once the zombie Monster Fighters set is released I'm betting the price will drop.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Flavor Bear posted:

Sell them now because once the zombie Monster Fighters set is released I'm betting the price will drop.

Dat theme. Every single set in it is just brilliant. I want all of them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Joramun posted:

Dat theme. Every single set in it is just brilliant. I want all of them.

They're re-using people from the Minifigures line?

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

John Carstairs posted:

Dino-Riders

I had zero interest in Dino Hunters until I saw this.

Saw this on brothers brick the other day. This guy officially broke my brain.

Flicker

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dr. Benway posted:

I had zero interest in Dino Hunters until I saw this.

Saw this on brothers brick the other day. This guy officially broke my brain.

Flicker

http://www.1000steine.de/1000steine/forum2/forum_entry.php?id=241873 the piece from other angles (RUINING THE MAGIC).

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Scored 2 more Legionnaires at target after work. Me and the g/f went to toys r us and she sat there with me feeling up the packs to no avail. Then off to target across the street and went through just about their entire box and in the last little pocket finally found 2! The target people were giving us weird looks but whatever!

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Yeah, I saw that too and it does ruin the magic somewhat. Still, my initial thought was "Whaa... Lego doesn't do that!" His other illusions are pretty cool as well. The photography is horrible though.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The word is out. No Romans at the two Targets I checked.

Plenty of Highlanders though. I fear the barbarians will outnumber us in good time.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Captain Duvel posted:

I really wish they would do a Roman or Greek line.

What they need to do is a historical line. That's it, that would be the unifying theme: history. Here's some Roman legionaries fighting some Teutonic bear-men; here's some Northern and Southern troops killing each other over a stone wall in Pennsylvania; here's some sorry Doughboys sitting around in the mud getting trench-crotch.

Or, y'know, some cool non-war stuff. Edison in his workshop or whatever.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
*WOW* I want that Monster Fighters hearse. That thing looks rad as hell!

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Sputnik posted:

What they need to do is a historical line. That's it, that would be the unifying theme: history. Here's some Roman legionaries fighting some Teutonic bear-men; here's some Northern and Southern troops killing each other over a stone wall in Pennsylvania; here's some sorry Doughboys sitting around in the mud getting trench-crotch.

Or, y'know, some cool non-war stuff. Edison in his workshop or whatever.

I think it's Brickipedia or something that has photos of an unreleased Napoleonic armies line.

It had cool European buildings, but I think most people agree it would have been too similar to the officers in the Pirates theme.

An historical series would be great, even if it veered a bit toward the mythological side (hydra, medusa, whatever) to help market it to kids.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
So I got to build the Town Hall for the display for our store, and I took a bunch of pictures of it with the modified Grand Emporium and my outdoor cafe/park.

If anyone wants more detailed pictures, let me know! I have to take it in on Thursday, but its such a beautiful set :)

Here's my Flickr photostream of it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75670843@N08/

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I think it's Brickipedia or something that has photos of an unreleased Napoleonic armies line.

It had cool European buildings, but I think most people agree it would have been too similar to the officers in the Pirates theme.

An historical series would be great, even if it veered a bit toward the mythological side (hydra, medusa, whatever) to help market it to kids.

Here's the Napoleonic theme:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88061820@N00/3792134845/in/photostream

And an unreleased gangster theme as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88061820@N00/3792134813/in/photostream

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
A Classical Era would be #1 but I think a Napoleonic era theme would be my second most wanted Lego theme.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I really hope the obvious popularity of the classics minifigs convinces Lego to make these lines. Really, the concepts write themselves. Roman siege weapons, the Colosseum, palaces, ships... It seems like such a no-brainer.

Lobsterdeth
Jan 10, 2012

Every so often one of my cartoons leaves the nest and goes out into the world to make its way on its own. And then I hear about it. I hear about it from THE MORONS, the society of goons who HAVE THE MOST PROFOUND OBJECTIONS to what I am saying portraying, and, most of all, to what I am thinking.

Lizard Combatant posted:

I really hope the obvious popularity of the classics minifigs convinces Lego to make these lines. Really, the concepts write themselves. Roman siege weapons, the Colosseum, palaces, ships... It seems like such a no-brainer.

I thought there was like a path Lego won't cross as far as weapons/warfare/violence goes? Or was that before?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Lobsterdeth posted:

I thought there was like a path Lego won't cross as far as weapons/warfare/violence goes? Or was that before?

The last time I heard this was ages and ages ago and seemed to hinge on. "no realistic guns."

Every set I've purchased since getting back into Lego recently has broken this rule, so I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
IIRC the original wild west theme in the 90s was the first appearance of guns that could be considered "realistic". Before that all they had was those blunderbuss-style muskets.