Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It occurs to me that Dirk almost can't plug it in right away, because that would lead to two of the kids meeting and just talking normally, which, as we've seen, is not something they get to do. (until one of them hits Godtier)

So either Roxy won't get to Dirk, or she'll be knocked out or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Unless hussie makes an interactive walkaround flash, under which circumstances anyone can talk to anyone regardless of how many god tiers they've climbed

VVV i never understood that joke, what's it a reference to?

Rooreelooo fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 28, 2012

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rooreelooo posted:

Unless hussie makes an interactive walkaround flash, under which circumstances anyone can talk to anyone regardless of how many tigers they've gotten to got

Fixed :colbert:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Rooreelooo posted:

A bad typo one of his fans made in a question. God tier = got tiger.

So this is a bit out of the blue, but I just got a sketch in the mail from Hussie from way back when he was doing that Japan earthquake donation drive. I had honestly forgotten because dang that was a while ago, but it owns so I had to share it.

My request was something like "high powered nakkodile business people who got rich off the LOHAC stock exchange" and I think this pretty much captures it.

Of course Strider ruined the LOHACSE with his time travelling, these savvy investors were on the other popular exchange, the NAKKDAQ :suicide:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

So this is a bit out of the blue, but I just got a sketch in the mail from Hussie from way back when he was doing that Japan earthquake donation drive. I had honestly forgotten because dang that was a while ago, but it owns so I had to share it.

My request was something like "high powered nakkodile business people who got rich off the LOHAC stock exchange" and I think this pretty much captures it.

Of course Strider ruined the LOHACSE with his time travelling, these savvy investors were on the other popular exchange, the NAKKDAQ :suicide:

Haha, nice. I remember Hussie posted that one on his Tumblr a while back (because it is adorable). There are a bunch of other sketches posted around that time. I know another Goon got God-Tier Gamzee.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rooreelooo posted:

Unless hussie makes an interactive walkaround flash, under which circumstances anyone can talk to anyone regardless of how many god tiers they've climbed

Technically Vriska was God Tier, and just like the intermission, allows other people to talk normally too :colbert:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Rooreelooo posted:

Someone on Hussie's Formspring asked which other characters would get to god tier, but his spelling was atrocious and he spelled it "got tiger".

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Thundarr posted:

Seems kind of dickish to solicit album art, sell the album for money, and then offer no compensation to the artists.

I'm no artist in either the drawing sense OR the musical sense, but isn't writing and composing an original song a fair bit more involved and complicated than drawing a piece of fanart? I mean, not to trash on fanart or anything because there's tons of amazing stuff out there, but just from my outsider's perspective that's what seems to be the case.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 28, 2012

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

CidGregor posted:

I'm no artist in either the drawing sense OR the musical sense, but isn't writing and composing an original song a fair bit more involved and complicated than drawing a piece of fanart? I mean, not to trash on fanart or anything because there's tons of amazing stuff out there, but that's just my outsider's perspective.

It depends on what you're drawing (and, as well, what kind of song you're making). If you're doing a quick single figure of Pantskat or a short loop chiptune battle theme, that takes a significant amount of time and effort less than a multi-instrumental ten minute voyage or a big old painting of all the ancestors interacting.

Music might take longer on the whole though, yeah. It mostly depends on your composition methods in either medium though and what you're aiming to create.

KoB
May 1, 2009

CidGregor posted:

I'm no artist in either the drawing sense OR the musical sense, but isn't writing and composing an original song a fair bit more involved and complicated than drawing a piece of fanart? I mean, not to trash on fanart or anything because there's tons of amazing stuff out there, but just from my outsider's perspective that's what seems to be the case.

I'd say theyre different enough that I wouldnt compare the processes, but I'd say its definitely much easier to just cut and crop an existing image for different uses, which is mainly what they're looking for.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Android Blues posted:

It depends on what you're drawing (and, as well, what kind of song you're making). If you're doing a quick doodle of Pantskat or a short loop chiptune battle theme, that takes a significant amount of time and effort less than a multi-instrumental ten minute voyage or a big old painting of all the ancestors interacting.

Music might take longer on the whole though, yeah. It mostly depends on your composition methods in either medium though and what you're aiming to create.

In the context of this contest though I would imagine that entrants are largely putting forth their absolute best efforts, not a ten minute doodle or a quickie chiptune.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

It makes me kind of sad that they're crocodiles and not geckos.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walliard posted:

I mentioned this a few days ago, but here's Michael Bowman's cover of I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FQYt5qJHxOQ

I think it's catchy.

Oh hey, somebody did a dance routine to the Even In Death remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMCYb8z4edw

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Tollymain posted:

Oh hey, somebody did a dance routine to the Even In Death remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMCYb8z4edw

That's Tavia Morra, Bowman's girlfriend and the one for whom the remix is named. She's also on the art team.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
It's really awesome to see Hussie's MSPA artwork on paper. You just gotta love his crisp and clean, yet natural linework. :3:

Also, trying to keep track of heirlooms the kids in B1 and B2 have inherited/stolen/acquired from their guardians in some way:

So we see that Rose stole her mom's scarf, and Roxy also steals her mom's scarf.

And John inherits a battered Sassacre's book from Nanna, while Jane inherits an extremely battered Sassacre's book from Poppop. (more accurately, pried the volume from the arm of her Poppop's taxidermied corpse)

Not so sure about Dave and Dirk, though, or Jade and Jake. :/

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

YF-23 posted:

The specific procedure refers to the summoning of Fluthlu in Problem Sleuth, which involved two fenestres getting jumbled (in this and the next few pages). It doesn't look like anything like that will happen here.

There was a callback to that in Homestuck. It certainly confirmed a further relationship between the windows and the Furthest Ring.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

CidGregor posted:

The processes are probably almost different enough that it's a bit hard to compare them, really, but while music can generally take a bit longer to do, both can be really time-consuming and effort-straining endeavors when one is going for quality. Art tends to be more out-there and seen, however, and a lot of good artists can churn out simple sketches fairly quickly, so some people sort of take it for granted. Even a rough coloring job can be a pretty trying thing, trust me.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Thanks to whoever posted that precision f strike blog. Been reading it today and the tears I've shed over hearing her reactions to this comic and have been numerous. After a year and a half I still can't get over how amazing homestuck is.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Lady of the Beech posted:

It's really awesome to see Hussie's MSPA artwork on paper. You just gotta love his crisp and clean, yet natural linework. :3:

Also, trying to keep track of heirlooms the kids in B1 and B2 have inherited/stolen/acquired from their guardians in some way:

So we see that Rose stole her mom's scarf, and Roxy also steals her mom's scarf.

And John inherits a battered Sassacre's book from Nanna, while Jane inherits an extremely battered Sassacre's book from Poppop. (more accurately, pried the volume from the arm of her Poppop's taxidermied corpse)

Not so sure about Dave and Dirk, though, or Jade and Jake. :/

Dirk's tiny Maplehoof is presumably a clone or mutation or just a miniaturized version of the original Maplehoof, which would have landed with Dave.

Jake's is the bunny, of course, which will in the future become Captain Liv Tyler of the S.S. Tumor. And also his propensity for using a bunch of computers.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Dave only ate most of Maplehoof this time.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Update!

More Alpha weirdness.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Young Condesce? :psyduck:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Well hello there not-Feferi.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want to see all the not-trolls

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Vaah posted:

Young dead Condesce.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If that's the pre-scratch Condesce, then why is she wearing the standard, post-scratch Troll kit outfit (black shirt with her sign on it) instead of something more "fasionable", like Little Mindfang's 50s-style dress?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

closeted republican posted:

If that's the pre-scratch Condesce, then why is she wearing the standard, post-scratch Troll kit outfit (black shirt with her sign on it) instead of something more "fasionable", like Little Mindfang's 50s-style dress?

Not-Vriska LOVES fashion.

Not-Kanaya hates it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That's a weird hairstyle, not-Fef.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

That's an awesome hairstyle, not-Fef.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

I bet the Condesce hates fashion. That's why fashion is stupid to the post-scratch trolls- their Empress detests it!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Vaah posted:

I think the long, trailing hair and the bracelets solidifies it for me, yeah, these are the pre-scratch Trolls.

Also, again not in a dream bubble, the landscape just materialises out of the Void. Get ready for even more (dead) Trolls, dudes!

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

After the Scratch, when she became a power-mad Empress, she made her own fashion mandatory?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

That's a weird hairstyle, not-Fef.

I'll say, I thought that was a guy until I saw the next panel. Looks like a guy haircut only with two weird ponytail-like things coming down.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
And so, a million left eyebrows are launched quizzically into geostationary orbit once more. This really is suggesting A1 players now, but how much room is there for them to do much beyond briefly showing up at a distance to confuse people?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

So I'm just saying "what" over and over. I love how often MSPA's been giving me moments like this recently.

I also think these trolls are from A1, if the kids escaped the scratch, I don't see why the pre-scratch ancestors couldn't have as well.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Color Printer posted:

I'll say, I thought that was a guy until I saw the next panel. Looks like a guy haircut only with two weird ponytail-like things coming down.

It kinda reminds me of the Handmaid's hair.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Strongylocentrotus posted:

It kinda reminds me of the Handmaid's hair.

....Huh. You do have a point there.

It must mean something :tinfoil:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

And so, a million left eyebrows are launched quizzically into geostationary orbit once more. This really is suggesting A1 players now, but how much room is there for them to do much beyond briefly showing up at a distance to confuse people?

I could see them being used as tools to explain LE's meddling in the troll's universe to Karkat and company. Like, Aradia finds them in the furthest reaches of the Furthest Ring, drags Karkat and company over, tells them about LE and what he did to their species, then shows off Little Mindfang, Little Empress and others to serve as proof that she isn't bullshitting.

She might drag over Dave and Rose over and well to say something like "Hey humans the same thing is happening when you scratched and now your ancestors/lusii are getting hosed over by LE! What a dick he is!".

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Betty's a dude? This is a cool revela--

Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So that's Not-Vriska and Not-Fef so far.

So what's the current popular theory? That these are the troll ancestors from before they made the deal with Doc Scratch?