Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Judging by the piercings, bracelets, clothing, and hair style pre-scratch Condesce looks like she is really into punk, and as a result I shall now refer to her as "Counter Culture Condesce".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

FewtureMD posted:

what. Now with each update I just get more and more :psyduck: at the B2 kids' situation. And re:karkatchat, I just thought that what we saw in Sleepwalk was just a glimpse of Nepeta and Karkat having a dreambubble date ala Beta!John and Vriska

The Karkat we saw in Sleepwalk had white eyes, so he was dead. Karkat isn't dead. So it must either be a non-Karkat (like his ancestor, but maybe they have completely different roles), or a dead Beta-Karket (perhaps from one of the timelines where Gamzee killed everyone)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

dumb brunette posted:

Apparently softowl on tumblr, Hussie's girlfriend, has said those are supposed to be braids, not rat tails, which makes a lot of sense to me. And explains where her hair went.

Unsurprisingly, tumblr being tumblr, people immediately gave her poo poo for it :sigh:

Wait, what?

Why would anyone have any reason to give her poo poo for... clarifying hairstyle?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, what?

Why would anyone have any reason to give her poo poo for... clarifying hairstyle?

Braids aren't as anime as cool sleek edgy rat tails

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, what?

Because the great and terrible Tumblr machine always needs fresh fuel for the outrage engines.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, what?

Take your pick:

A) Don't know she's Hussie's girlfriend and think she's making poo poo up
B) Know she says she's Hussie's girlfriend but refuse to believe it's true despite Hussie having mentioned her before, so believe she's making poo poo up
C) Know and believe she's Hussie's girlfriend, but think that shouldn't give her the right to clarify Homestuck or even to talk about it at all
D) Still mad at her over the "stop making money off Hussie's poo poo" rule
E) Just hate being told anything that goes against their Divine Homestuck Ideal

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I am pretty loving baffled by these recent events and would like an answer to at least one outstanding question soon. Thank you Hussie in advance.

I mean god drat. This poo poo got more twists than the end of an M. Night Shyamalan movie with every update.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, what?

It's because she's non-rattail-having-privileged. It's pretty insensitive to all the rattail-havers out there, OK?

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Van Kraken posted:

This is kind of old, but

Has anyone from this thread been notified? :ohdear: The suspense is killing me.

You can rule mine out since Dad is neither a kid nor a troll.

I was kind of hoping for a mass rejection e-mail or something. As someone who's gotten a lot of them, the only thing worse than getting a rejection letter is not getting a rejection letter. :sigh:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Olivia42 posted:

It was a general request for what we can reasonably assume are the characters with the most songs for. I would be surprised if it was just kids and trolls. They aren't going to say "in addition, we need art for Doc Scratch, Lord English, Hephaestus, Jaspers, PM, WV and Jack." I imagine that for the non-kid and non-troll characters they would ask for permission of artists who made art they have in mind.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Olivia42 posted:

I was kind of hoping for a mass rejection e-mail or something. As someone who's gotten a lot of them, the only thing worse than getting a rejection letter is not getting a rejection letter. :sigh:

He said that he didn't want to specify anyone other than a kid or a troll/ancestor because he wanted to keep some of it a surprise.

But yeah that sucks :smith:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
I just made the realization that Homestuck is problematic for epileptics and find it strange that I haven't noticed before.

Now that I've made the realization, I'm noticing the poo poo out of it.

I feel a little guilty now.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

dumb brunette posted:

Take your pick:

A) Don't know she's Hussie's girlfriend and think she's making poo poo up
B) Know she says she's Hussie's girlfriend but refuse to believe it's true despite Hussie having mentioned her before, so believe she's making poo poo up
C) Know and believe she's Hussie's girlfriend, but think that shouldn't give her the right to clarify Homestuck or even to talk about it at all
D) Still mad at her over the "stop making money off Hussie's poo poo" rule
E) Just hate being told anything that goes against their Divine Homestuck Ideal

I'm guessing it's E. People that get pissy over things like that are very disconnected from the actual comic and don't give a poo poo about it until it introduces a new character for them to add into their alternate universe where Dave is a male harpy and craves John's cock or the comic hints at "canon" shipping (like the recent adventures of Dirk, Jane and Jake).

quote:

Another thing. I was thinking lately about how the humans are different from the trolls, and yet so similar, and then remembered that the twelve created this universe. Since Skaia is supposed to be the center of creative potential or something like that, it makes me wonder if the world they created is supposed to reflect their creativities. This would explain not only the improbable similarities between the two worlds (speaking the same language, technology that is compatible with each other, being humanoid, etc), but also the differences.

For example, Karkat is disgusted by the blood color hierarchy, so naturally the world they create has no blood color hierarchy at all because everybody has the same blood color, which happens to be very similar to Karkat's. (But instead, our world builds a hierarchy on other things, so go figure).

And Feferi said that if she were to become Empress, she would do away with the brutalities of troll culture. In this vein, the trolls have complimented and ridiculed the humans for having some of the positive qualities that Feferi wants.

You guys think I might be going somewhere with this thought experiment?

But Karkat and co never got to enter their universe, so they couldn't have used Skaia to modify their universe as they see fit.

However, my view is that the people that make the Genesis Frog have their hopes, traits and ideals "transplanted" into the frog while they're making it, as the people making it are assumed by the game to be representative of the species as a whole. Notice that humans exhibit traits and ideals that Kanaya (can be really nice, can have an interest in fashion) and Karkat (no blood caste system, can be really angry in order to degrade others but secretly really cares for them, can be really ambitious to the point where they can harm others because of it) have or want. I think if someone like Equius helped make the Genesis Frog, I think things would be a lot different on Earth.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I get a feeling like we're leading up to the end of 6.2 here. The rhythm of the ends of acts is that a bunch of things are established as being about to happen, then they all happen in a big animation that raises more questions than it answers, and then we get an intermission. With Jane about to enter the Medium, Jake in possession of his uranium, and Roxy staring down the barrel of a loaded dead troll, all we've got now is for Dirk to incite the finale.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can see this part of the act hanging on for another week or two until the new album gets sorted out.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm interested in the second intermission if only to see the dream bubble shenanigans Rose, Dave and the trolls get into and to see Rose's reaction to "meeting" Roxy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
...I just want to know if WV's okay :ohdear:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

YggiDee posted:

Oh god, I forgot about him. :( I'm sure there's some plot device they'll find in the dream bubbles that'll help him.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MrBims posted:

Not-Feferi has Demoness's locks and doesn't live underwater. Not-Vriska has Redglare's hair and likes fashion.

I'm stumped. But I think we can clearly rule out "kid Mindfang" as being Not-Vriska. This is all something else. May not even be people related to the trolls except through coincidence.
I really, really hope it ain't a fresh passel of douchebags we're looking at here. Because while I can muster some sort of interest in troll ancestor kids, the prospect of still more new characters?

man I don't even give a gently caress just get on with things

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

YggiDee posted:

You and me, both.

And everybody, just wait till Act 6.5.1, when all these trolls will be introduced and we get to follow all their adventures and exploits :allears:

Alternatively, we'll only learn about a few of them, like maybe four patrons, one for each kid, plus UU (unless she's one too). The others will just be shown briefly so we know what they were like. I seriously doubt he'd do a redux of 5.1 as anything other than a joke.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Welp, here comes our segue into Intermission 2. Good night Roxy.

vvvv Oh my god, all these callbacks.

Vaah fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 29, 2012

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Vaah posted:

Welp, here comes our segue into Intermission 2. Good night Roxy.

Speaking of intermissions...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Seoinin posted:

I really, really hope it ain't a fresh passel of douchebags we're looking at here. Because while I can muster some sort of interest in troll ancestor kids, the prospect of still more new characters?

man I don't even give a gently caress just get on with things

Not for nothing are they starting off dead, I think.

If Act 6 is paralleling the structure of the first 5 acts, then 6.5 will feature the introduction of players from an earlier session. However, we've already met players from an earlier session, namely the B1 kids.

It's hard to say until we see any of them but UU actually doing anything, but I doubt that they'll be taking direct influence on the story. The fact that they're all dead suggests to me that it's going to be less a matter of seeing what they do as it is discovering what they've already done and what that means. (This is in general, as there may be one or two or four exceptions.)

If they've still got an active role to play, then there would be no point in their being dead, y'know? Death isn't as final in Homestuck as it might be elsewhere, but it's not totally meaningless.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
drat, even A1 Empress is a huge bitch.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Is this the first violent ghost we've seen? I think it is.

Kill her Roxy! Kill her!!!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I hope Alpha!Eridan is his counterpart's opposite, too. He'll fail to kill anyone, and hook up with EVERYONE.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I was expecting Dirk to plug in the window to give us a quick fade-out like with Jake's encounter. But welp! It looks like the Condesce was a bit of a fireplug even before Scratch's meddling.

closeted republican posted:

I think if someone like Equius helped make the Genesis Frog, I think things would be a lot different on Earth.

Really now........

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

alright I know this is a call back but I'm not sure where. Feels like it could even be a movie and not homestuck at all? which would make it a reference and not a callback. well which is it?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

closeted republican posted:

drat, even A1 Empress is a huge bitch.

Makes sense. Feferi grew up in a warlike culture and was cheery, pre-Scratch Empress grew up in a nice culture and is a violent little poo poo.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Krinkle posted:

alright I know this is a call back but I'm not sure where. Feels like it could even be a movie and not homestuck at all? which would make it a reference and not a callback. well which is it?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Krinkle posted:

As Walliard just pointed out, it's a callback to the Midnight Crew intermission, as well as to Alternian descriptive terminology for earth livestock.

Edit: yeah that

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Walliard posted:

thank you!

anyway why would a dead troll do that?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

How long has the title bar said "YOU ARE MAKING THIS HAPPEN" next to the candy corn?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Krinkle posted:

thank you!

anyway why would a dead troll do that?

Spooky ghosts, I guess. Wouldn't be the first time.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cabbit posted:

Makes sense. Feferi grew up in a warlike culture and was cheery, pre-Scratch Empress grew up in a nice culture and is a violent little snit.

I'm thinking that the Empress has always been violent and an rear end. Her landing before Feferi in the post-scratch universe allowed her to create the violent shithole her A1 self would've wanted, along with making the troll kids wear black T-shirt and dark grey pants she wore in the A1 universe.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Makes sense. Feferi grew up in a warlike culture and was cheery, pre-Scratch Empress grew up in a nice culture and is a violent little poo poo.

Let's not make any assumptions. She's not try gut Roxy, just seemingly knock her out.

For all we know, Pre-scratch Empress is a joke character, a luchador who tries to sleeper-hold every single person she meets.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Cabbit posted:

How long has the title bar said "YOU ARE MAKING THIS HAPPEN" next to the candy corn?

Not very long, it was "YOU'RE DOING IT MAN" earlier today

Also re: update; what

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobulus posted:

Let's not make any assumptions. She's not try gut Roxy, just seemingly knock her out.

For all we know, Pre-scratch Empress is a joke character, a luchador who tries to sleeper-hold every single person she meets.

Now the question is; why is she trying to knock Roxy out? Is it because she's trying to be XXXTREME HARDCORE VIOLENT, or is she trying to knock her out so that Roxy will be her dreamself for some plot-related reason?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Bobulus posted:

If you fall asleep in the Furthest Ring, while dreaming of the Furthest Ring, does that mean you and your dreamself can now hang out together? Maybe Mystery Pisces just wants to have a Lalonde party!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Valex posted:

Not very long, it was "YOU'RE DOING IT MAN" earlier today

Also re: update; what
It was originally: