Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AxeManiac posted:

I was looking to run an ad for my site on their radio station, the rates ended up pretty low but I couldn't shake the feeling I was handing my money to a scam artist, since the media guy could hardly spell and was chomping at the bit to get an advertiser.

"Just leave the money in a brown paper bag in the dumpster behind the KFC. No no no, we don't need any paperwork."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/55709/k-rock-fort-myers-goes-hot-talk-99x-shifts-musically/#.T0v06PXfO9I

Great, Nick and Artie are going to be on locally for the half a year that it usually takes k-Rock to change formats. Hopefully this means that they will come to Fort Myers for Spring Training and I can get my copy of Too Fat to Fish signed.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Nick and Artie on Conan tonight too, I think.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Nick and Artie on Conan tonight too, I think.

Thought it was just Nick, but I'm sure Artie would stop by.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

"Just leave the money in a brown paper bag in the dumpster behind the KFC. No no no, we don't need any paperwork."

Another fun thing was he would never explain the audience, market demographics or reach. He was just like, yeah, sure send us the money, we will advertise you.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Thought it was just Nick, but I'm sure Artie would stop by.

Looks like both of them and Beth Behrs (Star of "2 Broke Girls")

hahahaha

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Oh poo poo, that is the Whitney show right? Hahahah, Artie has been slamming the holy poo poo out of Whitney lately. Her and Chelsea Handler.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Oh poo poo, that is the Whitney show right? Hahahah, Artie has been slamming the holy poo poo out of Whitney lately. Her and Chelsea Handler.

http://youtu.be/mFloMg6SlBc

Last days of Rome

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

I love putting them on while I play games or do stuff on the computer, it is so drat good to hear Artie riffing and laughing and getting dark and creepy and weird on a sports talk show.

I listened to the last couple weeks of Nick and Artie, and now I'm working my way back from the earliest I could download. Currently in January. I love it when Artie goofs on Boston or engages Nick in political talk, because it's so easy for him to make Nick lose his poo poo. He's almost at Judge Smails levels of impotent rage sometimes. :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The only real problem with N&A is the higher up DirecTV jerkoffs telling Nick to keep the show's topics more about sports.

Do they even get why the show is good?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

Do they even get why the show is good?

I'm sure once they do they will cancel it or mess it up.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Caller: I have a question about the Kate Upton swimsuit issue. Does it still titillate.. like in this day and age where we're so desensitized? Oh you see Kate Upton's cleavage on the cover. Is that supposed to do something for me?

Artie: Good point. Do I buy the sports illustrated cover or do I press a button on my computer to watch a girl just as hot have sex with a horse?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Why was the Show not on today? It isn't a vacation etc.? Usually I can figure out why he's on break, but not today.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

beergod posted:

Why was the Show not on today? It isn't a vacation etc.? Usually I can figure out why he's on break, but not today.

He probably took the day off on account of his AGT travel.

Howard did have Gary shuffle around their vacation days to work around his new schedule.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

-Atom- posted:

He probably took the day off on account of his AGT travel.

Howard did have Gary shuffle around their vacation days to work around his new schedule.

In that case we are likely going to get some Thursday shows, no? If he has to make them up.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Love Nick and Artie. I can't wait for the show to air on television just to see Artie's face when he's disgusted at stupid people

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

beergod posted:

In that case we are likely going to get some Thursday shows, no? If he has to make them up.

He'll probably work an extra week in December and then complain about it and shoehorn in a reference to his lawsuit too.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Nicks nose looked like it was fake, plastic and glued on this is different colored face.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Its a cool car if you're constantly pulling up your pants and doing the Rockaway.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Nick and Artie are on Adam Carolla's podcast today. I'm only 20 minutes in and it's loving awesome. Adam actually referenced the stabbing, which is the first time I've heard it been acknowledged.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Daryl DBD posted:

Nick and Artie are on Adam Carolla's podcast today. I'm only 20 minutes in and it's loving awesome. Adam actually referenced the stabbing, which is the first time I've heard it been acknowledged.

Thank you. Downloading now. :tipshat:

Edit:
I'm having a hard time enjoying this. Way too much Adam and Nick bitching about "political correctness" and how bullying isn't so bad. I gave it fifty-two minutes, but gently caress this. :(

prefect fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 29, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Daryl DBD posted:

It was indirectly mentioned a week or two ago when Nick mentioned some guy stalking Artie's property and used some sort of knife icon and Artie thought Nick was making fun of him. Artie still made it hilarious though :unsmith:

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

AltronHGX posted:

It was indirectly mentioned a week or two ago when Nick mentioned some guy stalking Artie's property and used some sort of knife icon and Artie thought Nick was making fun of him. Artie still made it hilarious though :unsmith:

Oh weird, I'm surprised I didn't catch that...

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

haljordan posted:

Its a cool car if you're constantly pulling up your pants and doing the Rockaway.

I think Ronnie is gonna have to join the longshoremans union just to park that thing.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I think Ronnie is gonna have to join the longshoremans union just to park that thing.

I know its an old bit but goddamn, does it make me laugh.

"I got people following me to Brooklyn!"
"How were they able to see you? Do they have sight?"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Here's N&A on Conan last night http://teamcoco.com/video/full-episode-mon-227-artie-lang-and-nick-dipaulo-beth-behrs-and-musical-guest-chiddy-bang

3rd segment, 19min in.

I'd link to just the clips but they're editted weird.

Podcasts have spoiled me so much-- by the time they really got goin it was over :(

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I've got tickets to the Austin AGT taping and I can't loving wait. Will probably be the only chance I ever get to see Howard in person and I'm insanely giddy.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

That Adam Carolla podcast with Nick and Artie is ten times more entertaining than today's Stern show... or any other show in the last two years :(

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!

Holy Calamity! posted:

I've got tickets to the Austin AGT taping and I can't loving wait. Will probably be the only chance I ever get to see Howard in person and I'm insanely giddy.

Did you get them on the website?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Fred doing his French accent is the greatest thing ever.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Daryl DBD posted:

Also around the holidays, the guys exchanged Christmas cards. Artie's card to Nick actually had a nice note in it, something along the lines of "Thank you for visiting me in the hospital while I was bleeding from my stomach". I forget what else he said, but I remember thinking that it was a nice note.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Godinster posted:

Fred doing his French accent is the greatest thing ever.

I wish the Greaseman would get in trouble for racist statements again so I could listen to Howard and Fred do their impressions of him. Waddle daddle.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So Martina Navratilova is going to be on the next season of DWTS. I can just hear Robin and Howard trying to talk over each other.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

So Martina Navratilova is going to be on the next season of DWTS. I can just hear Robin and Howard trying to talk over each other.

Wonder how many times Robin will say her last name incorrectly.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Today is Gary the Retard's birthday, isn't it? (Not the retarded producer; the retarded guest from Oregon.)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I believe that you're right. He's 8 or something now, according to the math they did the day that was revealed. Haha.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

prefect posted:

Today is Gary the Retard's birthday, isn't it? (Not the retarded producer; the retarded guest from Oregon.)

Speaking of, can anyone find video of Sal and Richard taking Gary shopping in either Wal Mart or Target? All they did was throw things at him the entire time.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

prefect posted:

I'm having a hard time enjoying this. Way too much Adam and Nick bitching about "political correctness" and how bullying isn't so bad. I gave it fifty-two minutes, but gently caress this. :(

It's so goddamn hard to like those two when they get into idiocy like that. Like when Nick said gay bashing didn't really exist on the Stern show a couple years ago. I know he tries so hard to crowbar his oddball take on conservatism where ever he can, but he can't honestly believe that's true.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nick and Artie are syndicated in Philly now, and being a Philly person myself, last night's show has me dying. Artie's story about seeing Springsteen at the Vet, and Freddie Mitchell's phone call - everything about it is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Nick and Artie are syndicated in Philly now, and being a Philly person myself, last night's show has me dying. Artie's story about seeing Springsteen at the Vet, and Freddie Mitchell's phone call - everything about it is hilarious.

It definitely has an east coast bias that endears me to it even more