Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

YggiDee posted:

If you fall asleep in the Furthest Ring, while dreaming of the Furthest Ring, does that mean you and your dreamself can now hang out together? Maybe Mystery Pisces just wants to have a Lalonde party!

A1 Empress wants to party with two Roxys. Rose is not invited because she doesn't drink. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Lawnmower
Apr 1, 2011

For the cow-borrowing glory and infinite wisdom of Elmal! Cheese for everyone!
Yeah, I was thinking psycho Feferi for the longest time before this, raised by the Batterwitch instead, but I guess she could have had a sister too; didn't think on that.

Also, wasn't expecting Roxy to be the one getting shafted first. Not gonna lie, I thought that would be Jane or Rose. Go figure.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha wow, we may actually get to see the A1 Trolls' sprites after all. I doubt they will turn out to be "actual characters" with introductions and everything, but it's a neat development.

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)
I'm putting my money on them being A1 trolls. Wild theory: I'm guessing that in A1, the class system was/is backwards. That's why A1 Condensce looks ragamuffin-like (compared to A2 Feferi, who's dressed all classy). Also, it would explain the sufferer symbol on Li'l Mindfang, as in A1, Karkat's ancestor would be the Emperor. I know it technically doesn't work out perfectly, what with Karkat's blood not being on the hemospectrum and all, but hey, that's why it's a wild theory.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
^^I think that would be pretty untenable, what with the wild difference in lifespans.

Nate RFB posted:

I doubt they will turn out to be "actual characters" with introductions and everything

Jeeze, I hope they won't. I mean, as much as I'd love some more background information and everything, I don't think I could stand another 12 (13?) intros.

I do like that they're showing up though. I hope we get to see li'l Rufio!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Eh, A1 Alternia was very different. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a class system.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

In fact wasn't it spelled out specifically that there wasn't?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think I've got it.

Dead A1 dream bubble Condesce wants to hold Roxy there to keep the window in that spot for as long as possible. It normally isn't accessible directly from a dream bubble, after all. When Dirk plugs it back in, she will jump through.

After entering the waking world, dead A1 dream bubble Condesce will become every Condesce to appear in the story due to Homestuck continuity shenanigans. She's immortal because she was dead all along! :unsmigghh:

GCat is just helping Roxy to become part of the origin story of her own antagonist.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Only problem with your theory Thundarr is that the Condesce presently on Derse has pupils.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Scale Model Giant posted:

Only problem with your theory Thundarr is that the Condesce presently on Derse has pupils.

Contact lenses.

Really good contact lenses.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Maybe this section of the void is dead troll storage from Alternia after Feferi's guardian wiped them out? But no, there were only ever like two trolls of Feferi's blood type - her and the Empress.

Anyway thank crap something is happening again. I am an entitled, serial reading piece of poo poo and I demand to be catered to

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Assuming no one else is going to be introduced that isn't, relatively speaking, "important" to the story, who else can we expect to see? Mindfang and the Condesce, OK. Probably the Sufferer, maybe Redglare?

E: vvv I mean of the A1 Trolls! As much as we are dying to see A1 Darkleer I don't really expect him to be introduced like this.

Maybe each B2 kid will have their own, patron dead A1 Troll.

God, this comic.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 29, 2012

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

Assuming no one else is going to be introduced that isn't, relatively speaking, "important" to the story,

Hahahahahahaha. You poor misguided fool.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I hope since it's the music team and Hussie going through the submissions that the quality of the album is a little better than Land of Fans and Music. That album had some really great tracks but others were not exactly great.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Snollygoster posted:

Maybe this section of the void is dead troll storage from Alternia after Feferi's guardian wiped them out? But no, there were only ever like two trolls of Feferi's blood type - her and the Empress.

Anyway thank crap something is happening again. I am an entitled, serial reading piece of poo poo and I demand to be catered to

What, did you see a sign out front that said "DEAD TROLL STORAGE"?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Scale Model Giant posted:

Hussie has edited pupils out of animations before. :colbert:

The theory was not entirely serious either way.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
I have just finished Hivebent. Today marks the day when I have read everything up til just before Cascade at least twice.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
So is it just me, or does the idea that fenestrated walls pass through Dream Bubbles indicate a possible "Death's Door" scenario similar to that of Problem Sleuth?

Because if so, when the wall gets plugged in again, it is possible for the two of them to fall through; effectively bringing a dead player back into a living world...

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

TOAST7312 posted:

So is it just me, or does the idea that fenestrated walls pass through Dream Bubbles indicate a possible "Death's Door" scenario similar to that of Problem Sleuth?

Because if so, when the wall gets plugged in again, it is possible for the two of them to fall through; effectively bringing a dead player back into a living world...

Hence my crazy Condesce theory posted above!

Things would of course get even more overly complicated if dead players other than just A1 Condesce flood through the window.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

TOAST7312 posted:

Oh man. If this ends up being right, dead troll fans are going to have a field day.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Thundarr posted:

Things would of course get even more overly complicated if dead players other than just A1 Condesce flood through the window.

Which is why I wouldn't even be surprised if Hussie actually did this. Making things more overly complicated is like Homestuck's M.O.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Vaah posted:

Oh man. If this ends up being right, dead troll fans are going to have a field day.

This would just bring about the unfortunate occurrence of Vriska showing up again and no one wants that.

That said, I love the design for the new trolls so far. They've been pretty fun. I'd still like to see more UU, at least to get some questions answered.

Ghoulish Sandwich
Jun 27, 2008

the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with

Grapplejack posted:

This would just bring about the unfortunate occurrence of Vriska showing up again and no one wants that.

That said, I love the design for the new trolls so far. They've been pretty fun. I'd still like to see more UU, at least to get some questions answered.

Everyone wants that. Everyone that matters, anyway. :colbert:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Grapplejack posted:

This would just bring about the unfortunate occurrence of VriskaEquius showing up again and no one wants that.

Fixed that for you. :colbert:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I want that. I want all of that. I also want lil' mindfang to show up, so it's like we have TWO VRISKAS AT THE SAME TIME. What now, nerds. :smug:

I do agree the new designs are pretty cool and I'm sort of at least interested to see what the rest of them look like, even if we don't get much more than that.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh thank god for that, I have all these dead trolls and I got to keep the bears from getting into them.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

cathead posted:

I want that. I want all of that. I also want lil' mindfang to show up, so it's like we have TWO VRISKAS AT THE SAME TIME. What now, nerds. :smug:

And then Pre-Scratch Vriska shows up and Post-Scratch Mindfang comes back and then Homestuck will be a million times better.

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?

Ghoulish Sandwich posted:

Everyone wants that. Everyone that matters, anyway. :colbert:

More dead Vriskas would be pretty cool actually.

But please, let them stay dead.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Wrist Watch posted:

I hope since it's the music team and Hussie going through the submissions that the quality of the album is a little better than Land of Fans and Music. That album had some really great tracks but others were not exactly great.
I liked a bunch of them. I strip out the tracks I like from every album and break them into two categories: exciting (e.g., MeGaDanceVaNia, Requiem of Sunshine and Rainbows) and relaxing (e.g., The Land of Wind and Shade, Frostbite), and I have ~35 in the playlists. Reasonable amount.

Is there an ETA on the next album? They're in the album art phase, right?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Fixed that for you. :colbert:

Man, just look at how wrong you are.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Elysiume posted:

I liked a bunch of them. I strip out the tracks I like from every album and break them into two categories: exciting (e.g., MeGaDanceVaNia, Requiem of Sunshine and Rainbows) and relaxing (e.g., The Land of Wind and Shade, Frostbite), and I have ~35 in the playlists. Reasonable amount.

Art deadline is March 3rd I think, so probably the week after that sometime.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Fister Roboto posted:

CG: WHEN YOU PULLED UP TO MY HIVE DID YOU SEE A SIGN OUT FRONT ADVERTISING THAT I OFFER TO STORE DEAD TROLLS?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Elysiume posted:

Please be Monday, please be Monday, please be Monday...

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!
Could this be an ancestor planet? Land of (pink mountains blu sky) and Void (LO*AV)?

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Has it been explained why God Tier trolls get fairy wings? If it has, I missed it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Because they're weird insect aliens.

starfish prime
Jun 22, 2010

Lady of the Beech posted:

Has it been explained why God Tier trolls get fairy wings? If it has, I missed it.

Think Hussie said that it was supposed to play into the insect theme the trolls have: they call their young "wigglers," live in "hives," and when they ascend to the God Tiers it's like a final stage of metamorphosis.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Wings are associated with mythical troll figures so I guess it's just a special way of saying "yeah, literal gods".

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Wings are associated with mythical troll figures so I guess it's just a special way of saying "yeah, literal gods".

Oh! That makes sense to me then. I was thinking it was something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Makes me wonder if human God Tiers are going to all have unassisted flight, or if that's just gonna be John's thing. Superheroes are probably the closest thing modern western civilization has to the sort of demigod-mythos the troll-wings-thing is pulling from. They're certainly not going all Greecian/Roman Gods on us.