Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

thepokey posted:

You want a sweater? Here take this one!

But it's not mine!

IT'S BROWN!!

Ah they turned brown! BROWN! :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Capt. Sticl posted:

What did you go out with me for?! Just to dump chocolate on my shirt and then just dump me altogether?! I don't deserve that kind of treatment! What,
you don't have the common courtesy to return my calls?! To apologize! You think I'm some sort of a loser, that likes to be abused and ignored?! Who's shirt can be ruined without financial restitution?! Some sort of a masochist who enjoys being humiliated? You think you can avoid me like I have some sort of disease?! You have the disease! You have the disease! You may be beautiful and rich and physically .. just .. unbelievable, but you sicken me! You disgust me! You and everyone like you!

You'll never say that to her face.

Basilson
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, right, buddy, liquor store robbery, officer down. Sure. And I'm Edward G. Robinson.
What are you talking about Wilhelm? You poppin' pills, you got the crazies again?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Basilson posted:

What are you talking about Wilhelm? You poppin' pills, you got the crazies again?

Frankly, sir, I'm tired of all of your macho head games!

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

mojo1701a posted:

Frankly, sir, I'm tired of all of your macho head games!

Macho head games?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Thee problem with par-tees is, you invariably have to eat standing up, which I don't care for.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

neoboman posted:

Seinfeld is my all-time favorite TV show and Sunny is one of my top 5 favorite shows on TV that is still running.

Yeah, Seinfeld has been my beloved for years but Sunny is right up there. I think it's hilarious but don't expect any Seinfeld-y plots, really. It's its own beast with the roles somewhat reversed so that the gang is doing bad things to the world, rather than vice versa (or at least as George perceives it).

A gang that largely operates with an insular view of the world, who frequently makes fun of others at their expense, and never learns anything from their mistakes. In broad strokes both shows have that in common.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Capt. Sticl posted:

What did you go out with me for?! Just to dump chocolate on my shirt and then just dump me altogether?! I don't deserve that kind of treatment! What,
you don't have the common courtesy to return my calls?! To apologize! You think I'm some sort of a loser, that likes to be abused and ignored?! Who's shirt can be ruined without financial restitution?! Some sort of a masochist who enjoys being humiliated? You think you can avoid me like I have some sort of disease?! You have the disease! You have the disease! You may be beautiful and rich and physically .. just .. unbelievable, but you sicken me! You disgust me! You and everyone like you!

That is such a weird episode. A lot of people say that the last two seasons stand out when the series is viewed as a whole, but I would argue that it's the first two. There were so many episodes in those seasons that just don't fit the whole vibe, like Kramer and Michael Chiklis hiring a prostitute and leaving her in Jerry's apartment.

It's not that uncommon or bad, though, it just took the show a while to find its beautiful self.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Capt. Sticl posted:

Where the hell do you get the nerve? You invite me up for coffee and then you don't call me back for four days? I don't like coffee, I don't have to come up! I'd like to get one more shot at the coffee just so I could spit it in your face!!

George rants are the best rants.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Pierce and Pierce posted:

You'll never say that to her face.

I've always loved that before George could even say anything he was upstaged by Jerry's ex.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

mints posted:

I've always loved that before George could even say anything he was upstaged by Jerry's ex.

And then he lugs all the baby shower poo poo out to the woman's car.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Poque posted:

Kramer and Michael Chiklis hiring a prostitute and leaving her in Jerry's apartment.

Whoa whoa. Give it to the girl. I'm an independent contractor. Tax Purposes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So at work today I was given the task of creating a spreadsheet with random names and addresses to be used at a presentation tomorrow teaching people about Mail Merge.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 27, 2012

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Am I the only one who thinks/worried It's Always Sunny may end a similar way?

There was an interview with Rob McElhenney promoting the most recent season where he addressed where the show will likely end up.

quote:

AV Club: One or more of them will probably end up dead at some point?

Rob: Well, I mean, you know. I don’t want to confirm or deny, but I don’t see how this world could possibly end well for them.

So yes, it sounds like it will end up mirroring Seinfeld's finale - those selfish jerks finally get their comeuppance - just in a more definitive and nihilistic way.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

There was an interview with Rob McElhenney promoting the most recent season where he addressed where the show will likely end up.

So yes, it sounds like it will end up mirroring Seinfeld's finale - those selfish jerks finally get their comeuppance - just in a more definitive and nihilistic way.

I'll put good money on Cricket killing one of them. At least.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

jojoinnit posted:

So at work today I was given the task of creating a spreadsheet with random names and addresses to be used at a presentation tomorrow teaching people about Mail Merge.

Oh, yeah, right. Uncle Leo. Forgot his first name.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
If you press the spacebar you can take a shot of just a single window rather than a rectangular region.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Guess where I'm posting from...

40,000 feet above your heads you bastards!

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Guess where I'm posting from...

40,000 feet above your heads you bastards!

What are they doing letting you bastard on an airplane? Don't they know that's against FAA regulation?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You tell that son of a bitch that no Yankee is ever comin' to Houston! Not as long as you bastards are running things!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Come onnn you son of a beech, I'm just trying to be friendly! :)

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Watching the Calzone again, I love the interaction between George and Newman, it's a shame they didn't interact more with each other, they're so similar in their own ways and could have had some more great little fueds.

thepokey fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 28, 2012

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
Because the mail never stops. It just keeps coming and coming and coming, there's never a let-up. It's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more and more! And you gotta get it out but the more you get it out the more it keeps coming in. And then the bar code reader breaks and it's Publisher's Clearing House day!!!

Wotan
Aug 15, 2009

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Heartbreaker, lovetaker, shoemaker won't ya pad my shoes for free

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Barnum posted:

Heartbreaker, lovetaker, shoemaker won't ya pad my shoes for free

Heartbreaker, love-taker, Brubaker, run this prison like a man.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
So The Limo is on TV right now and I just realized how badly I need a .gif of Jerry's expression after saying "Nah. No one's ever been shot in the city."

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

thepokey posted:

Watching the Calzone again, I love the interaction between George and Newman, it's a shame they didn't interact more with each other, they're so similar in their own ways and could have had some more great little fueds.

I always felt this way as well.

"Lemme ask you a question Newman, what do you do for a living?"

The two characters that IIRC never met and should have, were Newman and Putty.

"Don't you have a boyfriend. A burly, athletic type?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mystic_Squid posted:

So The Limo is on TV right now and I just realized how badly I need a .gif of Jerry's expression after saying "Nah. No one's ever been shot in the city."

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Another new (to me) episode! George converts to Latvian Orthodox. And the bit where Kramer opens the door while wearing the garlic cloves I noticed he had a framed pin up of Jerry in his hallway!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Frog is wrong.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Frog is wrong.

I love that whole segment.

"It says here you have a 4.0 GPA."
"...you like that, don't you?"

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Relayer posted:

Come onnn you son of a beech, I'm just trying to be friendly! :)

Oh, look at the cute little bastard!
You are mommy's little bastard, aren't you!

b0nes fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 29, 2012

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Frog is wrong.

Who's your favorite chess player?

.. Nehh-sauf?

Right... Isencauff..

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When you control the mail, you control........INFORMATION!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I love Newman's little hand gesture when he says that.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
These's PRETZELS are making me THIRSTY!!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Ive got so much hand I'm coming out of my gloves.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
That laugh... it was you! YOU'RE THE ONE!!!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Of course nobody needs mail! What do you think, you're so clever for figuring that out? But you don't know the half of what goes on here. So just walk away, Kramer. I beg of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

BrandNew posted:

Ive got so much hand I'm coming out of my gloves.

"But I have hand!"

"And you're gonna need it!"