Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

-Inu- posted:

Yeah, that's a pit road speed limiter.

Here's a short little video I edited up with all of the footage I shot in 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaNoneKzpE

I really need to get my own Gopro. Constantly bumming them off of friends is a pain.

Not bad. I dug it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Xovaan posted:

Dual sport helmet, sport touring bike with bags, and a track suit just looks so awesomely wacky to me.

He wears those glasses because an old lady told him he "looked like a queer" while sporting them once. Now he refers to them as queer goggles.

The glasses are great, the riding position, not so much. Knee out and rear end off the seat, but shoulders way back over the tank?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Just so the fluids bouncing around dont catch the riders eye

Is that really all it's for? That actually sorta kinda sounds reasonable. I've seen guys on other forums insist on sweatbanding your reservoirs for all sorts of tribal gibberish reasons.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Snowdens Secret posted:

Is that really all it's for? That actually sorta kinda sounds reasonable. I've seen guys on other forums insist on sweatbanding your reservoirs for all sorts of tribal gibberish reasons.

Also so if the caps are leaky the brake fluid doesn't splash onto the paint.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

invision posted:

Also so if the caps are leaky the brake fluid doesn't splash onto the paint.

Also I thought sunlight was bad for brake fluid and that provided a cover, that's what I recall hearing way back in the day.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Also they let you put ads or the team name where the onboard cam will see.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

-Inu- posted:

I really need to get my own Gopro. Constantly bumming them off of friends is a pain.

Nice vid!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
You're all right! (reservoir socks)

quote:

What are they for?
Traps and absorbs brake fluid that's vented from the reservoir
Prevents brake fluid from getting on your helmet and/or your motorcycle, damaging paint and corroding metals
A number of race tracks ask racers to cover their reservoirs as they also assist in containing any brake fluid that may be spilled onto the track in the event of an unfortunate accident
Keeps direct sunlight off of the brake and clutch reservoirs
Prevents break down and discoloration of your brake fluid and plastic reservoirs caused by suns damaging UV rays

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Xovaan posted:

my friend is a complete fashion disaster

yep, that's his cane sticking out of the back from when he got hit by a car

(watermark because it's from a guy who photographs all bikers on palomar)

Is his name Talus by any chance? If so this is someone I had a class with.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

MotoMind posted:

The glasses are great, the riding position, not so much. Knee out and rear end off the seat, but shoulders way back over the tank?

I can't remember his justification but I think it was something with how the handlebars felt really weird to him. I'll ask him what's up because his form is pretty good from what I've seen on his RC51

His name is Adam. We both worked at Starbucks together and he was probably the only reason I came into work every day as you can imagine

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

mootmoot's worst nightmare.

BlackMK4 posted:

That's kinda... cool... in some way...

urghhhhhhh I want to hate this so bad... but I almost don't.
at least it's not a 400 :shrug:

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 29, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Seems to be a straight line path on it...

Joking aside I'd take a fairly straight line on that road....who designed that and why does it curve like that with little apparent change in terrain? I'm confused.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

segagenisisroadrash2.jpg

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

nsaP posted:

Joking aside I'd take a fairly straight line on that road....who designed that and why does it curve like that with little apparent change in terrain? I'm confused.

Perhaps it's on sandy soil and so it wouldn't take well to grading? Or if it did, it would disrupt the natural environment? Just guessing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Unf.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

front wing flexing posted:

segagenisisroadrash2.jpg

exactly.

also my favorite game of all time.
...also my least favorite game of all time.

I still know the cheat codes by heart.

nsaP posted:

Joking aside I'd take a fairly straight line on that road.
So would mootmoot, therein lies the problem.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

Unf.

Thats insane. I want it (I would probably splatter against the pit wall or something on the 1st lap).

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

front wing flexing posted:

segagenisisroadrash2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHz2u-33Y4

Still depressed that this didn't get made.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 1, 2012

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

nsaP posted:

Pretty sure that's the last mile of Highway 42 in Door County, Wisconsin (right at the tip by Washington Island).

Supposedly the road path was set by a famous landscape architect (Jens Jensen) in the 30's to enhance the scenic beauty of the area. I think he did a good job, it's pretty cool to drive that little section of road... and everyone who is going to the Washington Island ferry will drive through there.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

TheScott2K posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHz2u-33Y4

Still depressed that this didn't get made.

How does he work the throttle when he grabs that other rider? Oh right... It was a motorcycle video game and it was destined to suck.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You could do that on the rear wheel with minimal effort :v:

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Mcqueen posted:

Nice vid!

Ziploc posted:

Not bad. I dug it.
Thanks guys.

So I went to get on my bike earlier to go to class and was greeted with this:

I don't even

Ace944
Jan 28, 2009
I have been toying around with a Flip camera and made this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJU8QoroHec its crap at recoding sound so I put music over it but what do you guys think? I got the camera for $20 when they went on clearance .

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Crayvex posted:

How does he work the throttle when he grabs that other rider? Oh right... It was a motorcycle video game and it was destined to suck.

Did not realize I sold my windscreen to a hater.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

-Inu- posted:

Thanks guys.

So I went to get on my bike earlier to go to class and was greeted with this:

I don't even

People don't seem to realize that the reason cars aren't terrifying when on a motorcycle is because before we even start to ride, we are meticulously searching our bike for birds and poisonous spiders. Really, drivers are the least of our worries

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

This is true. I was pottering along at 50km/hr when I noticed something in the corner of my sight. That something ended up being a venomous spider crawling on the inside of my visor. Obviously, I went batshit insane. :gonk:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

-Inu- posted:

Today's your lucky day!
HD Hero on sale for $160 with free shipping.
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/288521

I'm debating buying this, or just hold out and buy the HD Hero2 when the price goes down. I borrowed a friend's Hero a few weeks ago for a ski trip and had a lot of fun with it, but the improvements to the new model sound very nice.

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating

Picture I took at the recent Phillip Island round of the World Superbikes.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

mootmoot would prefer Dutch roads.

Or, being mootmoot, perhaps he'd prefer to bomb (hah!) down a Dutch off-road trail.

Ace944 posted:

I have been toying around with a Flip camera and made this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJU8QoroHec its crap at recoding sound so I put music over it but what do you guys think? I got the camera for $20 when they went on clearance .

It's kinda shaky. What are you using for a mount?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Crayvex posted:

I love Gran Turismo, but it gets dull after a while. I thought TT was a lot more fun for a lot longer. I Wish they'd make a sequel for PS3.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MetaJew posted:

Today's your lucky day!
HD Hero on sale for $160 with free shipping.
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/288521

I'm debating buying this, or just hold out and buy the HD Hero2 when the price goes down. I borrowed a friend's Hero a few weeks ago for a ski trip and had a lot of fun with it, but the improvements to the new model sound very nice.

someone want to buy this and ship it to me in the UK please?
if so, email is clockworkzero at gmail

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Snowdens Secret posted:

mootmoot would prefer Dutch roads. Or, being mootmoot, perhaps he'd prefer to bomb (hah!) down a Dutch off-road trail.

Don't remind me...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

The american flag bumper sticker is really the cherry on top for that picture.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
What in the gently caress happened there? Improvised $5000 single sided jackstand?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

bladesamurai posted:

The american flag bumper sticker is really the cherry on top for that picture.

For me it's the helmet still clipped to the Kawasaki...

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

ReelBigLizard posted:

For me it's the helmet still clipped to the Kawasaki...

What are you implying? I'm pretty sure both were parked.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?122776-Bringing-my-DRZ-back-from-the-dead!

Still not entirely sure how it happened, but the helmet was clipped to the kawi because they were parked.

Also, that is THE most expensive exhaust you can get for the DRZ, and theres an identical one crushed under the left side of the bike :smith:

Ace944
Jan 28, 2009
It's kinda shaky. What are you using for a mount?
[/quote]

http://www.target.com/p/Targus-Digital-Grypton-Tripod-Large-TG-GP5010/-/A-10958565

This thing I saw it and thought it might work ok, new to filming on my bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Ziploc posted:

What are you implying? I'm pretty sure both were parked.

Ah I see now, it didn't look like a parking spot so I sort of assumed this was the result of some kind of bro-tastic 2 bikes 1 car video stunt gone wrong.