Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Facebook makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Point 6 is kinda cute I must admit.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
All great points. The fans' hypocriticy is pretty sickening.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
Game over close the thread. I found the absolute worst forums that have anything to do with football

http://www.talk-sports.net/mls/girlfriend.aspx/Josmer_Altidore

quote:

Anonymous (Rookie) wrote on Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:29:55 GMT reply
i had her on my nuts a few days ago..she wasn't that great... in track or soccer either, jozy i respect your game but, you paid for quite of few of our 'getaways'. She's fun but don't make her a habbit bro.

quote:

What do u mean he's a great guy and has a nice member ;) wish he took me more serious :(

quote:

Anonymous (Rookie) wrote on Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:39:16 GMT reply
The head cheerleader of the heat likes him.....aka she is amazing look and illiana losses lol

quote:

I read somewhere that Paula Deanda has a crush on him. Those two would make a great couple!

http://www.talk-sports.net/pl/girlfriend.aspx/Jordan_Henderson

quote:

hi i love you so much moor then anyone life in the world i love you jordan

quote:

:o perrie frm little mix and him wuld look so good 2geva! new beckhams hope its true!

:psyboom:

The Collector fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 1, 2012

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
2geva

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
As an Arsenal fan from the USA I would love to see nothing more than Clint Dempsey in an Arsenal jersey. I don't know if its even remotely possible, but I think he is exactly the type of player that could do Arsenal a ton of good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

quote:

Far be it from me to act a total curmudgeon, but Stuart Pearce did not celebrate England's equalising goal.

This is indicative of one of two things: first, that the man is a clairvoyant; or second, that he is not a patriot and should go the way of other, non-celebrating dodgy foreign types like Benitez and Capello.

There's the door, Stuart.

I assume the red tops will have taken the same stance by the time you're reading this.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

appledan posted:

As an Arsenal fan from the USA I would love to see nothing more than Clint Dempsey in an Arsenal jersey. I don't know if its even remotely possible, but I think he is exactly the type of player that could do Arsenal a ton of good.

This is hardly bad enough to warrant inclusion in this thread. I think even Arsene mentioned his name at one point last summer.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

CaptainRightful posted:

This is hardly bad enough to warrant inclusion in this thread. I think even Arsene mentioned his name at one point last summer.

his priorities are in the wrong place

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
WHO the highest paid footbaler in the world,RONALDO,wrong,MESSI,wrong CORRECT ANS xx SAMUEL ETO,20,MILLION POUND A YEAR ,HE PLAYS FOR THE TEAM SAMBA JUST SIGNED FOR IT IN A WAR TORN AREA OF RUSIAM MUSLIM CONFLICT,MONEY TALKS ,XX RUSSIAN BILLIONARE ,ABRAMOVICH WILL WALK CHELSEA BE WARNED XXX

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
:911: :fsmug: :tf:

@GorgonzolaChee posted:

@GiuseppeRossi22 if I saw you in person I would knock your loving teeth out. You are a disgrace to Americans everywhere.

@GiuseppeRossi22 posted:

@GorgonzolaChee wouldn't even come close to me bro. Stop talkin out of ur rear end

@GorgonzolaChee posted:

@GiuseppeRossi22 it'll be hard to talk with a baseball bat in your mouth. You're a punk rear end human being who betrayed your country. #COCKSUCKER

@GorgonzolaChee posted:

@GiuseppeRossi22 quit trying to be an American you pussy. We disown you. And swallow the jizz that team USA just put down your teams throat

BigJimSlade
Sep 18, 2004

In the event of zombie apocalypse, this thread comes equipped with BIG JIM SLADE!
More victims of Luis Suarez :( http://t.co/EwyXIXyz

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Seriously, what is the loving point anymore? Between gormless bent officials, the corrupt FA, the loving woodwork and behind it all Slur loving Baconface of Whiskeynose Ferguson how are we ever meant to get a fair crack at the title? gently caress this game and gently caress my life. Absolutely seething I am

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

yeah the woodwork really does suck

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Alex Ferguson is definitely behind the woodwork existing. He first advocated moving away from jumpers for goalposts.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

BigJimSlade posted:

More victims of Luis Suarez :( http://t.co/EwyXIXyz

judge taff

Patient_Toffee
Apr 21, 2006

Break me off, show me what you got
Cause I don't want, no one minute man

quote:

Dave, a relieved Chelsea fan, on 81111: "Ian McGarry talks a lot of sense. I am shocked by the amount of people saying it was a harsh sacking. AVB has ruined my club.

In 5th place 3 points behind 4th place. Chelsea football club officially ruined.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

brows mcgobshite posted:

judge taff

Ninpo...

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
shame on lampard, drogba, a.cole, and all those who made an issue with him especially lampard…lost all respect for you lampard, just burnt ur shirt i bought ….shame on you lampard…!!! and for chelsea, plz bring rafa benitez, i dont believe in de matteo…!!!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Good of Lampard to give his old clothes to charity shops...

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Mickolution posted:

Good of Lampard to give his old clothes to charity shops...

what kind of charity shop sells tents

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

#1. Fans from Liverpool and other clubs talking poo poo about Chelsea when they really have no reason to. Yeah, Liverpool won the Carling Cup, but after their loss today to Arsenal the Reds fans seem to have turned their back on their club. And then to make themselves feel better, they say “at least we’re not Chelsea.” Yeah. At least you’re not behind Chelsea in the tables. OH WAIT
Funny thing is that Liverpool is the other team I follow besides Chelsea. Am I disappointed in their loss? Yes. Am I irritated by the fact that gravity seems to have an uncanny love for Suarez? Absolutely. Am I going to call the team poo poo? No.

Stop crying.

Oh and btw, Torres signed for Chelsea over a year ago, so you can shut up about him too. Whiners.

#2. The battle at Chelsea against old versus new. The old players are not to blame, and neither are the new players. It’s not about booting out players like Terry (we seem to be doing worse since he’s been absent…hmm), Lampard, Drogba and Cole. If anything, we NEED them at this time to solidify the new players and push Chelsea into their future. They are the backbone and will remain so until someone else can fill their shoes. And so far—no one has. The new players are also not to blame. They are dealing with old habits, new managers, and general poo poo. They are not meshing together and it is sad. They are skilled, and all the players need each other to fix their problems.

So. Stop bitching about who needs to go and who needs to stay.

As for AVB and manager problems…well. I don’t know. It’s easy to give him the blame and he may be the one who ends up paying for it.

Either way, football fans need to dry their tears and learn to support their teams.

Babies.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hendrix • Charlotte, United States • 1 hour 27 minutes ago
As coach of Madrid, you're at a huge club, but at Chelsea, you're at the center of the football world, the Premiership, and the center of the world, London. Say what you want about English teams getting knocked out of the Champion's League, or other cities challenging London's historical supremacy on the world stage, no other opportunity offers Mourinho that same soul-stirring combination of club, league and city.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
From The Fishy (a Grimsby Town forum).

quote:

Please feel free to modify or add as I am contemplating in sending a letter to the FA to atleast get some explanations on last night.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to inform you of certain incidents that happened during the Fleetwood Town vs Grimsby Town match were words cannot describe how I feel.

Firstly I do not appreciate being treated like a caged animal in the way I was treated last night never in all the years I have attended football matches have I been asked to move into a different area of the stand just so Fleetwood fans were allowed in the same stand when playing towards the away stand. This decision was made apparently by the Fleetwood chairman, according to a safety steward, this caused a lot of unrest among the Grimsby supporters as well as terrible behaviour by the Fleetwood fans which I might add could of caused a serious problem. Why were Fleetwood allowed to do this ? Was it so they can have the upper hand during the football match which they were trailing? i also approached in a calm manner the steward at the other side of the 6ft steel fence and his exact words to me was "we have been told by the ground safety officer to keep you in for 20 mins" when i asked to speak to the safety officer he changed his tune and radioed for back up by that time more Grimsby fans had got to the gate and heard about been kept in it was a quick decision. When i got outside the police were quick to respond by saying that they thought the club were wrong for trying to keep town fans behind and told us to report it to the FA, they said it had never happened before at the club and they said they advised the club not to do it.

Secondly the penalty decision was totally incorrect and although the decision was made I urge you to please take a look at the video evidence on clarification as this was the reason why the Grimsby players were appealing.

Thirdly, the performance from the referee after the first half was completely strange, apart from the penalty decision he also awarded a yellow card to a Grimsby player for time wasting when in fact he didn't even have the ball but instead the Fleetwood fans kept the ball.

I would also like to complain about the unsporting behaviour of the Fleetwood players running into the Grimsby technical area to celebrate this is totally unacceptable including the foul and abusive language from the Fleetwood goalkeeper.

I would also like to know why a Hull referee was allowed to officiate especially the known rivalry between the 2 clubs, I understand that the referees are suppose to be unbiased in every way it certainly didn't feel like that last night, some of the standard of refereeing as been somewhat substandard. I know they have to make difficult decisions and I hope the standard of refereeing improves in the future.

I would guess the reply would be 'well if you don't like it don't facking go' or the letter will end up in the bin.

Bonus points for the guy not actually going to the game

http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1331147601/

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

quote:

I'd stay in the UK for my buys;

Pogrebnyak, Hangeland and Dempsey from Fulham.
Sessegnon and Maclean from Sunderland.
Vorm from Swansea.

Team
Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Hangeland - Enrique
Maclean - Gerrard - Dempsey
Sessegnon - Suarez
Pogrebnyak

Subs
Vorm
Kelly
Agger
Adam
Henderson
Downing
Carroll

I like these silly dream formation posts the most.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Good ol' Facebook:

quote:

Kenny your loosing the plot, I think its time for someone else to take charge, YNWA

quote:

Am vry anooyd wit all dose rubbish england playerz,kenny leave england playerz ad sign other player 4rm oda leauge.adams,henderson re rubbish am jst tiried

quote:

Kenny dnt loose your kingship... Resign!! Jst like in first place...we shal then call u wen we can cry again..now we've run out of tears..

quote:

KD should be learned frm Arsenal,spurs,chelsea with all their defeated n' makes good improvement,.its a game,.brilliant strategic n' excellent formation absolutely needed,..while talented player to keeps satisfied result,.the winning n' making money will be closed,....

quote:

another shocker!..... but on a higher note we r a team on a MASSIVE rebuild! and all the fans on this page giving king kenny stick need 2 think it through where would we be now if rafa and the yanks had there way, u cant expect success overnight unless u spnd stupid like man c or chelsea, and where has that got chelsea??? b patient my frinds and things will get bk 2 normal. mite just take a season or 2

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You could catch illiteracy reading that lot.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
i think king kenny needs to realize that winning a cup dont hide the fact that league form has been shite 4pts out of the last 21pts is poor need another clear out, if wenger brought back henry and fergie brought back scholes, why dont kenny bring back robbie fowler he would wear the shirt with pride...khanny lfc ynwa

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

i think king kenny needs to realize that winning a cup dont hide the fact that league form has been shite 4pts out of the last 21pts is poor need another clear out, if wenger brought back henry and fergie brought back scholes, why dont kenny bring back robbie fowler he would wear the shirt with pride...khanny lfc ynwa

This one is great because you start out thinking it's pretty reasonable and then suddenly it goes insane.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
We are clearly one of the top three sides in the country. On paper, we have one of the top two squads in the country. Third should be a cinch, but for that to be the case, we desperately ned our manager to return to the fundamentals of football, stop playing his best players out of position and make sure that he leans on the internationally-experienced stars he has at his disposal. If VdV starts today's game, and if Luka plays central and Bale on the left, we win easily...I am concerned that Harry is (once again) so distracted that some obvious poo poo is going amiss...I hope he rediscovers his tactical sense for the run-in...

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

not luvd posted:

We are clearly one of the top three sides in the country. On paper, we have one of the top two squads in the country. Third should be a cinch, but for that to be the case, we desperately ned our manager to return to the fundamentals of football, stop playing his best players out of position and make sure that he leans on the internationally-experienced stars he has at his disposal. If VdV starts today's game, and if Luka plays central and Bale on the left, we win easily...I am concerned that Harry is (once again) so distracted that some obvious poo poo is going amiss...I hope he rediscovers his tactical sense for the run-in...

this was basically the matchday thread until "rediscovers his tactical sense" because :lol:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Try being an MLS supporter. Most football fans don't respect your league, and you constantly get 'soccer is for sissies' comments from random people in your own town, and you have to travel about the distance from London to Rome for the average away game.

I'd wager the Premiership is more popular in North America than our own domestic league. Hopefully that will help explain the general attitude of the average MLS supporter to those of you who wonder why we can be so defensive and pissed off.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
also, lets play a game trp!!!

Guess the Team:

quote:

I think you mean delusions of grandeur. Which we don't have by the way. We are former league champions, multi-cup winners with a large support globally. Any expectations we do have are justified, our away support is one of the best in the country.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

appledan posted:

Guess the Team:

Liverpool?

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

TyChan posted:

Liverpool?

No!!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

appledan posted:

Guess the Team:

Chelsea?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

TyChan posted:

Liverpool?

probably would have mentioned the CL if it was liverpool

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

vyelkin posted:

Chelsea?
no!!!!

hints:

quote:

Don't get me wrong, we're a decidedly average side now with an angry group of fans who want our owner to change, but what our club brings to the table can not be disrespected.

quote:

Hopefully next season will be the one, but only if we can put together a decent team. And that will only happen once *****(obscured for difficulty!!) starts putting some money into the squad.

quote:

What's so bad about us? I like to think we're seen as some of the good guys in football :)

crappledan fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 12, 2012

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
First I thought Blackburn but now I think Arsenal, the idea someone thinks Arsenal have an away support threw me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Spangly A posted:

First I thought Blackburn but now I think Arsenal, the idea someone thinks Arsenal have an away support threw me.

No!!!! Blackburn is a good guess though. :)