Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
I know when Atlus do have a sale I think buying P3P is a sure thing. Maybe P2 but I should probably stay away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ingram posted:

I know when Atlus do have a sale I think buying P3P is a sure thing. Maybe P2 but I should probably stay away.

Why would you stay away from P2?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

P2 shows some age, but it's a really solid game. I think P3/4 were maybe more engaging the first time since I kept thinking "one more day, one more day," but P2 is wayyyy easier to replay. Combat is a bit slower but there's not so much down time.

I say this as someone who has bought Persona 3 four different times (my first copy of FES broke) and has put about 250 hours into Persona 4. Give 2 a shot.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If Persona games were like $20 I would have gladly plunked down the $40 for both 1 and 2:IS. The UK right now actually has Persona 1 as part of their weekly PSP Power Sale and it's $15 USD, makes me kind of jealous.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Ok maybe I'd buy P1-2 to check them out/support Atlus if they were ~$10 but anything more I'd probably not. I'm not a huge JRPG fan so I have to be very careful with what ones I buy especially digital releases that I'd be stuck with.

Devil Survivor is the first JRPG I've ever tolerated enough to finish and I've played ~8 hours of Persona 4 and loved it. I'm waiting for P4 on the Vita to finally play all of it.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Nuh-uh, it's been longer than that. I keep a fairly careful check and I'm certain there hasn't been a sale since Innocent Sin came out. It's been over a year since Atlus developed titles have been on sale. (They had an Irem sale round September I believe).

The sale in December was by NISA (and included the Disgaea games they published), not Atlus

Wendell
May 11, 2003

NISA and XSeed are two companies filling the same niche as Atlus that I happily give my money to because they price things in a non-insulting manner.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Between this and their supply problems with physical copies of most of their games, I'm starting to think that Atlus just doesn't want anyone to be able to buy their games anymore.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Of course they want people to buy their stuff.
They just don't expect that (that many) people actually will buy it, so they'd rather produce to few copies (and hope that everyone else will hunt around/get the digital version/raise enough interest to start a second production run) because that's better for them than sitting on unsold copies.

XionPi
May 8, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Nuh-uh, it's been longer than that. I keep a fairly careful check and I'm certain there hasn't been a sale since Innocent Sin came out. It's been over a year since Atlus developed titles have been on sale. (They had an Irem sale round September I believe).

September was the last time Atlus had a big sale. That's when I picked up Persona 1 & 3 for $20 each. They also had quite a few other games on sale. I'm pretty sure they do a similar sale every 6 months or so. I'd expect a repeat sale sometime in March.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Is there a way to filter only purchased PSP titles in Media Go? I'm thinking about looking for some stuff I never beat and going for it, but want to save some time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

XionPi posted:

September was the last time Atlus had a big sale. That's when I picked up Persona 1 & 3 for $20 each. They also had quite a few other games on sale. I'm pretty sure they do a similar sale every 6 months or so. I'd expect a repeat sale sometime in March.

Well then sorry for the misinformation.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Behonkiss posted:

Is there a way to filter only purchased PSP titles in Media Go? I'm thinking about looking for some stuff I never beat and going for it, but want to save some time.

Your download list, but PS3/Vita stuff (not that you can download it) and addons will show up too so unless all you ever grabbed was PSP titles it'll get really crowded.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
As someone who couldn't get enough of P4, I tried to play P3P but just couldn't, because of how they got rid of the character on the screen when not in dungeons. It had a huge effect on taking me out of the game... Simply because it doesn't look like the PSP remakes of P1 or P2 seem to do that, I'd favor playing those two over P3P.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Wendell posted:

NISA and XSeed are two companies filling the same niche as Atlus that I happily give my money to because they price things in a non-insulting manner.

Their DLC on the other hand...

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
The volume down button on my 3002 psp hasn't been working for years now, and then I pull my psp out of the drawer to play it after 6 months of not touching it and now the PS button to the left of it doesn't work either. Should I rip it apart and poke around and see if maybe some connectors have come loose? How easy is it to put back together?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Any idea guys?

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!

Nierbo posted:

Any idea guys?

PSPs are easy to take apart with a very small screw driver, but watch out that you don't strip the soft screws (almost happened to me). The front and rear plates come off pretty easily. Pop them off, grab a can of air and go nuts. Just watch out you don't get dust on the screen because once you put the faceplate back on it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

There are also lots of tutorials and guides for disassembling PSPs.

And man, I really want to punch the guy in your avatar for some reason. :)

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Okay thanks. I'll give it a go then. My know-it-all mate said it was incredibly difficult to pull apart and I had a feeling he was BSing.

The guy in my avatar is the nicest UFC fighter on the roster, you'd probably end up hugging him to be honest. He used to be a toy salesman.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Be careful about getting dust on the screen. I had some dust between the screen and cover of my 2000, took the face off to get it out and only managed to get more in there.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
drat, my cheapo jewellers' screwdriver set didn't go small enough. Its annoying as piss to turn the system off every time I want to change game.
And I'll be careful of dust on the screen. I had some in my E71 and it drove me insane.

Also, that stardust game is tonnes of fun.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I need your help asap goons. As you can see from the photo, theres some red poo poo under the vol down button so obviously thats hosed but the PS home button looks okay. I put the battery in and turned it on after clearing out some dog hair but the PShome button still doesn't work. Am I supposed to rip that bright blue thing that covers all the buttons at the bottom and look for dust?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Those are the buttons. Your buttons rusted (or burned out, or... something bad). Point is the button strip's hosed.

You may be best off grabbing a new button strip from a third party, because I doubt Sony would repair it now that you opened it (for any reasonable price anyway).

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
So there's no more poking around to be done? Okay, I'll have to live with no PShome button and no vol down I suppose. Thanks for your help guys.

e: What if I buy this?

Nierbo fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 4, 2012

Death's Head
Mar 26, 2003

Nierbo posted:

So there's no more poking around to be done? Okay, I'll have to live with no PShome button and no vol down I suppose. Thanks for your help guys.
Or get spares replacement...
http://www.ipaqrepair.co.uk/psppart1119.html
I know that is UK page but considering the time in life of the PSP, spares should be easy to source.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Death's Head posted:

Or get spares replacement...
http://www.ipaqrepair.co.uk/psppart1119.html
I know that is UK page but considering the time in life of the PSP, spares should be easy to source.

I just ordered the psp3000 version of that. Thanks.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
A new PSP game appeared in the store today called Susume Tactics. From looking at the store's preview screenshots, it looks to be the American version of Zoku Susume! Mamore! Tatakae from Japan. It's only $5.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

I remember PaRappa also allowed for freestyling. Like you could hit certain notes in rapid succession and sometimes the game would actually give you more points.

I giggled like an idiot for like ten minutes loving with the cake baking rap.

Chicken: "Crack crack crack the egg into the bowl"
Me: "Eggeggeggeggeggeggeggeggeggeggeggeggegg" :downs:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Novolin posted:

That list is missing Half-Minute Hero, so you should get Half-Minute Hero. Everybody fuckin' play Half-Minute Hero!!

I just bought a PSP 3000 today so I could buy Half-Minute Hero (also Fate/EXTRA). I decided I'm not going to bother with the Vita until at least one hardware revision in, but there's a pretty good number of PSP games I've wanted to play for a while.

Also a quick question since I'm new to using a PSP: is the only way to copy PS1 classics/Minis to my PSP to redownload the game, then use the copy command on the install file? Not that it's a huge hassle, but it's sort of a pain.

Twitch fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 10, 2012

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Misunderstood your post. Copy command on the install file?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Twitch posted:

is the only way to copy PS1 classics/Minis to my PSP to redownload the game, then use the copy command on the install file? Not that it's a huge hassle, but it's sort of a pain.

Yes, that's how it is now.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Why'd they change that anyway? It's so stupid to have two copies of the same game on the HDD (one for copying to PSP, one for actually playing) when one was sufficient in earlier firmware versions. Not to mention how, unlike installed games, you can't shove the "install bubbles" into categories or anything so they don't clutter up the XMB.

Why is Sony so bad at UI design?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Why'd they change that anyway? It's so stupid to have two copies of the same game on the HDD (one for copying to PSP, one for actually playing) when one was sufficient in earlier firmware versions. Not to mention how, unlike installed games, you can't shove the "install bubbles" into categories or anything so they don't clutter up the XMB.

Why is Sony so bad at UI design?

This is why people prefer hacking their PSPs. Not just for the :filez:, but for the plugins that allow them to sort their games the way THEY want to do it.

RadicalR fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 10, 2012

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, that sucks. I wish I could set a "PSP Backup" folder or something (apparently the Vita can do this?) Shortly after I made this post I realized I could have just gone right to the PSN store from the PSP, oh well.

RadicalR posted:

Misunderstood your post. Copy command on the install file?

Select the bubble icon in the XMB, hit triangle, then select copy.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

An update on Grand Knights History:

There's still no definitive release date for. The release date rumor was after the release of Vanillaware's PS3/Vita title Dragon's Crown. However that was delayed today from "Spring 2012" to general "2012"/who-knows. :(
XSEED has also hinted the UMD/retail release of GKH is canned and is going to be PSN only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZQ358IY99c

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

That's a bummer. At least it's going to be on PSN. I can't do UMDs.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

That sucks about Dragon's Crown. I had that on preorder since last year.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I may be the only one who cares about this, but apparently The Little Battlers (Danball Senki) is coming stateside. I care because it's from the same company that made Professor Layton and the music isn't half bad.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Gyoru posted:

XSEED has also hinted the UMD/retail release of GKH is canned and is going to be PSN only.

Ok... I could live with that. If it means getting the game translated, then by all means, PSN is fine.

Level Slide posted:

I may be the only one who cares about this, but apparently [url=http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/10/new-the-little-battlers-games-coming-to-3ds-and-psp/]The Little Battlers (Danball Senki) is coming stateside.

Holy poo poo! Are they bringing any of the toys or the show over? I'll definitely be checking this game out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Level 5 is bringing the Little Battle eXperience anime and toys in Fall 2013 but has not confirmed the games.

• Locked thread