Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A bunch of new VF5: Final Showdown screenshots

GETTIN HYPE ALL OVER THIS!!! Gonna punch so many people in the face with Brad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I just wanna play Taka, I never got to play VF3 so I know jack about him. All I know is they removed him from vf4 cause he broke the game due to his size.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Policenaut posted:

gently caress YES! I've missed this game ever since I moved back from Japan, I played SO MUCH of this in the arcades in Tokyo (and VF5:R before that). I own a huge number of fighting games on my PS3 and this game is better than all of them.

It's worth noting too that gameplay-wise FS is a huge upgrade over vanilla VF5, so don't skip this if you liked the original. Please please buy the poo poo out of it so VF gets a shot in the arm in the West!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I posted it on the last page but since you're talking VF5 again, here's the VF5FS synopsis from the Japanese website:

quote:

Online Mode: up to 8 players, spectator mode included. Traditional options for room size, region, as well as to allow playable Dural

Customizable costumes: Because VF5FS is close to the maximum size allowed for DLC games, all items other than the defaults are not included in the game and are sold as DLC. Items will be sold separately and in packs.

Training: Options for throw escapes, evades, rising attacks/speed and struggle from guard breaks.

Replays: You can save offline AND online matches. Frame data, etc. will be included

License Mode: Tons of challenges as you fight the CPU. There's stuff like "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled", etc. Clear a challenge and get a special license.

Button configuration: You can set up the controller at the character select screen, and there's also a "button check" option too so you can check to make sure your buttons are properly configured and working!

tl;dr: DLC custom items sucks, everything else is awesome.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Policenaut posted:

This graphic are bad :qq:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
This game is going to own.

Licence mode is essentially gonna be similar to vf4evo's arcade mode challenges. Those were fun from some extra gold for buying costumes and wallpapers.

Where do I buy parts here in UK?

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

apophenium posted:

So are any goons going to Final Round? It's going to be my first tournament and I've already got the jitters. If anyone wants to hang out I'm going to be there each day. Mainly I need to borrow a PS3 stick and a shoulder to cry on once I go 0-2.
Yeah, I'm going to be there.

Getting a stick should be trivial, you can usually ask any random person "hey man can I borrow your stick for a match". If nothing else you can use mine when I'm not in a SCV match.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

interrodactyl posted:

Week 2: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

...did somebody say...JOJO'S?!?

You forgot Breaker's Revenge in the list! (I'm serious!)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress i'm salty I don't get to go to final round this year. Last year it fell right on my university's spring break and it was awesome, but no such luck this year :(

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Jmcrofts posted:

gently caress i'm salty I don't get to go to final round this year. Last year it fell right on my university's spring break and it was awesome, but no such luck this year :(

Yeah it's a pretty good spring break for me. Final Round and SFxT!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

uncleKitchener posted:

Where do I buy parts here in UK?

If you mean stick parts

I highly recommend http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fayk posted:

...did somebody say...JOJO'S?!?

You forgot Breaker's Revenge in the list! (I'm serious!)

Yeah for real you should throw breakers in there because it owns. Wednesdays are terrible for me but it'd still be nice to know people are playing breakers even if I can't make it

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
That goonbat thing looks fun, think imma put in some time myself. I put my bid in for World Heroes Perfect though. gently caress ya'll up with J.Max.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Why the gently caress isn't every week jojos instead of "a bunch of terrible games and then jojos"?

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Cinroth posted:

Why the gently caress isn't every week jojos instead of "a bunch of terrible games and then jojos"?

Hamon Cola palate cleanser!

Rambler
May 6, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

I just wanna play Taka, I never got to play VF3 so I know jack about him. All I know is they removed him from vf4 cause he broke the game due to his size.
I thought they removed him cause he was so fat they couldn't render him properly.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just got my early copy of SFxTekken, is there anyone local to me who wants to grind it out and show up at the next WNFs?
I'm so cal, pasadena area.

PM me if you want want to get your own early copy and you live near me

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 1, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Yeah for real you should throw breakers in there because it owns. Wednesdays are terrible for me but it'd still be nice to know people are playing breakers even if I can't make it

Have to agree. Get rid of Alpha 2 and 3 because they are bad. Replace with Breakers and Karnov because those are at least hilarious and fun.

Also replace Garou with Real Bout 2, because Garou is also bad.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Have to agree. Get rid of Alpha 2 and 3 because they are bad. Replace with Breakers and Karnov because those are at least hilarious and fun.

I agree with all of these. I'd like to try to learn Breakers Revenge some time.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
At least get rid of a3 that game is dumb and I never could figure out why everyone thinks they like it. A2 is decent at least and garou is ok and fun to look at.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Fingers McLongDong posted:

At least get rid of a3 that game is dumb and I never could figure out why everyone thinks they like it. A2 is decent at least and garou is ok and fun to look at.

Yun and Yang Fighter 3: Genei-Jin

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
There was a serious lack of Last Blade 2 in that list, give me a reason to relearn Amano

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Cinroth posted:

Are you calling Windjammers terrible?

I hope you didn't call Windjammers terrible :toughguy:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sometimes I wish I had a PC so I could run GGPO and this is one of those times.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

AndyElusive posted:

Sometimes I wish I had a PC so I could run GGPO and this is one of those times.

At least you have your 360/PS3. I can't play FG's with goons most of the time.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Dandy J needs to make tutorials for all these so i can be less megabad at them.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Listen to this man, he knows what he is talking about. Not that my opinion matters much my connect is too awful to make people suffer though playing with me online.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
Does anyone still play SF2 HD Remix on PSN? I loved that game but don't want to pay $10 for an empty lobby.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Alpha 2 is a great game gently caress all of you who say it shouldn't be played, if you're the same idiots who thought XvSF was a good idea you clearly hate fun games and instead like dumb things that are dumb god i loving hate xvsf

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

McNerd posted:

Does anyone still play SF2 HD Remix on PSN? I loved that game but don't want to pay $10 for an empty lobby.

Try SSF2:T on GGPO instead, it's usually pretty popular.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

brian posted:

Alpha 2 is a great game gently caress all of you who say it shouldn't be played, if you're the same idiots who thought XvSF was a good idea you clearly hate fun games and instead like dumb things that are dumb god i loving hate xvsf

I like alpha 2 and I suggested xvsf. Xvsf is a very fun game that is extremely easy to pick up. Alpha 2 is fun but far more difficult to learn IMO

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

I like alpha 2 and I suggested xvsf. Xvsf is a very fun game that is extremely easy to pick up. Alpha 2 is fun but far more difficult to learn IMO

I agree both games own. I wish my effin ggpo would work, I really wanted to get bodied in that tournament :(

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Concerning the DLC in Virta Fighter 5: if Sega sells costume pieces as separate DLC because there's no space left for costumes, does that mean that we won't see other people's costumes unless we buy everything?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Kikkoman posted:

Concerning the DLC in Virta Fighter 5: if Sega sells costume pieces as separate DLC because there's no space left for costumes, does that mean that we won't see other people's costumes unless we buy everything?

No, you won't be able to see them. It's been officially confirmed. So if you want to dress your guy/gal up in gold glitter and vocaloid hair-do, your opponent will only see your character in their default gear. It would be funny if they end up in their E suit swimwear though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Alpha 2 is fun...at least until people start doing 50% health CCs and Valle CCs and Rose ACs and...Alpha 2 is fun, I swear! It's not just because my favoritest character is overpowered in that game that I like it!

I wish I could get anihilated by you guys in various games I have no idea how to play, but Brazil. It would probably be a miserable experience for me and whoever ended up playing me.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alpha 2 is my favourite SF game.

Part of the reason for that though is because how stupid strong Rose is though :shobon:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

Alpha 2 is fun...at least until people start doing 50% health CCs and Valle CCs and Rose ACs and...Alpha 2 is fun, I swear! It's not just because my favoritest character is overpowered in that game that I like it!

I wish I could get anihilated by you guys in various games I have no idea how to play, but Brazil. It would probably be a miserable experience for me and whoever ended up playing me.

I have played every fighting game on GGPO/2df/supercade as much or more against Brazilians than locals

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Alpha 2 would be one of my favorite games if Chun Li didn't exist, and if the "alpha parts" (ACs, CCs) were removed. As it is, it's just pretty fun to play!

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Is there still time to put -isms in SFxT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate all the problems that came with CCs, but I still like alpha counters. Is this an unpopular opinion?

• Locked thread