Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

calcio posted:

This is such terrible crap to watch, more diving than Barca at the the swimming pool.

You Don't Get It

Benfica improved helluva lot towards the end of the half, I hope second half is as intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Well that's one way to start the second half.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Cardozo again!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving CARDOZO out of nowhere.

Be aware that even though Cardozo is a "tower" player he barely scores with his rock-like head.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Benfica fans really don't like Hulk.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That was a nice goal.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Awful defending, full credit for James though, he's a brilliant player.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Dear Benfica,

Instead of standing around moping and asking for a foul, maybe try defending the counter? Thanks in advance!

Mans posted:

Awful defending, full credit for James though, he's a brilliant player.

Yes he is, Colombia has a very good squad for 2014, they should qualify and do well.

Mr. Big Snacks
Jul 26, 2006
Wow a double counter attack

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

James Rodriguez was suppose to sign for Benfica. gently caress you Porto, go steal someone else's players :arghfist::qq:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Garay dead. Miguel Vitor in. Number of Portuguese players on the pitch now: 2(two).

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electronico6 posted:

James Rodriguez was suppose to sign for Benfica. gently caress you Porto, go steal someone else's players :arghfist::qq:

Falcao too :qq:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Red card for Benfica's left back. Couldn't deal with Hulk.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Emerson you loving twat.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There it is.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Puta que pariu. Really? We're getting in the bin at home again?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Congrats Porto, you did it.

:suicide:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

We had a 5 point lead and now this.

:negative:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mans posted:

Puta que pariu. Really? We're getting in the bin at home again?

You haven't played that badly, it took a sending off for Porto to take the lead again.

Mr. Big Snacks
Jul 26, 2006
Was offside lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

5 points up to 3 points down (which is basically 4 points down now) :negative:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Hahaha the fan shouting at Jorge Jesus.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Haha the thrusting out of nowhere. Would love a gif of that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
And it's over. I wonder if Benfica will turn the lights out.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica is pulling a Sporting here, with forgetting how to win games. 4 games in a row without winning, loving hell.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus' Benfica doesn't really shine under pressure. They play well but even a weakened Porto can do this to them at home. This game really makes me doubtful of what will happen when Zenit comes around.

I'm not even mad, if we're so bad that Vitor Pereira can win the League then it's entirely our fault.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
Porto winning with an offside goal? I'm shocked!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Yeah, but the ref missed Cardozo handling the ball in the area. Still, the fairer result would have been the draw, though it will pretty sweet for Sporting to get closer to Benfica by 8 points in only 3 matches (if we win against Rio Ave). Benfica's president was pretty funny, said he wouldn't talk about the refs like he hasn't the whole season but that "Pedro Proença (the ref) shouldn't officiate any more Benfica matches", what a little rear end in a top hat, if clubs could choose the referees they didn't want there would be almost none for Sporting's matches, they love loving with us.

Not a great match though, too many interruptions. If Braga win tomorrow they are definite title contenders. What a rocket by Hulk too, indefensible for any GK.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

IF THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT GLORIOUS SALAZAR YOU MUST BE READING IT WRONG
Even though Porto has been playing worse than we've played in years (the only time I can remember it being worse was when Octávio Machado was managing us) we're still somehow top of the league ahahahah the portuguese league is poo poo and so are benfica

What worries me is Porto winning the league and Vítor Pereira staying :gonk:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

antpocas posted:

Even though Porto has been playing worse than we've played in years (the only time I can remember it being worse was when Octávio Machado was managing us) we're still somehow top of the league ahahahah the portuguese league is poo poo and so are benfica

What worries me is Porto winning the league and Vítor Pereira staying :gonk:

What you should worry about is Liverpool signing Hulk and Rodriguez.

...in my dreams...

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

vyelkin posted:

What you should worry about is Liverpool signing Hulk and Rodriguez.

...in my dreams...
I'm not worried about that, neither one was born in the UK

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Porto dropping points is great, but would have been better if they lost.

A penalty in injury time to equalize...

Did anyone watch it? was it dodgy?

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Drogadon posted:

The only dodgy thing was that we only got 1 penalty

Vítor Pereira gently caress off and die

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Drogadon posted:

I was ready to pounce on them for it but it's a pretty clear penalty. Christ, Porto just can't bury Benfica, this is going all the way to the end with Braga also having a say on it. It's been obvious for a while that Vitor Pereira is a lovely motivator and the Porto players are only motivated when playing vs rivals like Benfica, can't believe how many points they've dropped to supposedly easy teams. I still favor Porto since Benfica is still in the CL, but it's insane how they didn't use the victory last week to propel them to the title.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With any luck Braga beats Benfica and Porto and wins the league. Benfica doesn't deserve it after giving away the lead like that and Vitor Pereira needs to go for the sake of Portuguese performance in Europe.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mans posted:

With any luck Braga beats Benfica and Porto and wins the league. Benfica doesn't deserve it after giving away the lead like that and Vitor Pereira needs to go for the sake of Portuguese performance in Europe.

No. And gently caress Portuguese performance in Europe, the only thing that matters is Benfica's performance in Europe. :colbert:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Good result for Sporting after the Man City win, 5-0 vs Guimarães. Some returning players did well (like Jeffren, who scored two) but MoM was Matias Fernandez, outstanding all the way. Hopefully with United going top in the PL, City will give up the EL and Sporting can go through next week.

e: Check out the highlights for the sweet Jeffren volley from outside the area Also, apparently this is the tightest title race in Portugal since the 3 points per win rule was introduced, with Porto, Benfica and Braga all so close to each other. Porto's downfall has certainly made for a more interesting league this season.

e2: The Guardian has highlighted this wonderful rabona assist from Leiria's Barkroth, which I hadn't posted because the goal isn't all that special, relying on a sleeping defense

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 12, 2012

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cardozo is a poor man's Ibrahimovic. He's a ghost for 90% of the game but when he shows up he's amazing.

We also have the chance to see a Portuguese player do a good match for Benfica. Stay tuned for what will surely be an historical event.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica's stadium, Estadio da Luz, has been picked to host the Champions League final in 2014!

Later today another Benfica vs Porto, this time for the League Cup, elimination too, so it should be a good game, and Benfica is going to play two(2) Portuguese players at the start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Nice touch by Maxi, 1-0 Benfica!

• Locked thread