Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What principle would that be?

That I installed this app at 7am Pacific Time and was on a flight over the Pacific Ocean with no internet access...how could I have emailed? It installed right before the flight attendant tackled me because I was still using my phone. I just didn't have time to email the support address before powering down.

But whatever, really. It's not a big deal. It's a me-too app that does what it's supposed to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

hotsauce posted:

But whatever, really. It's not a big deal. It's a me-too app that does what it's supposed to do.

Yeah, and what it's supposed to do is pretty awesome.
I accidentally messed up on my unlock pattern for the third time and my screen went white, then let me continue trying the pattern. A few seconds later ::ding ding:: email alert, it's a picture of my confused face trying to unlock my phone. I think the options go above and beyond the standard security/antitheft apps, at least those that I've tried so far.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Apparently SMS Popup has an update coming out. It's all fixed up for ICS and whatnot: http://code.google.com/p/android-smspopup/downloads/detail?name=SMSPopup-1.2.0-beta1.apk&can=2&q=

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

ilysespieces posted:

I accidentally messed up on my unlock pattern for the third time and my screen went white, then let me continue trying the pattern. A few seconds later ::ding ding:: email alert, it's a picture of my confused face trying to unlock my phone. I think the options go above and beyond the standard security/antitheft apps, at least those that I've tried so far.

Oh poo poo. I'm going to buy it now thanks.

That's pretty awesome.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

ilysespieces posted:

That's hilarious. I got it yesterday just because it was for free and haven't actually tried it yet (Avast Anti-Theft sucked my battery dry) but that actually sounds pretty cool.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Here's everything you can do from the Cerebrus website:

FlugelNull
Oct 30, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Have you checked out Spotify by any chance?

I'm in Canada, so it's not available to me :(

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

FlugelNull posted:

I'm in Canada, so it's not available to me :(

Sure it is, you just need to pay for the premium to get an international subscription.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ok, question: I'm looking for an alarm clock app that I can give a list of songs (not every song on my device, but maybe all songs by one artist, or all songs in one folder, or whatever) and randomize them for what it plays every time it goes off. Is there anything like that?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Try Gentle Alarm - it has all sorts of options (and a terrible UI). There is a trial version available in the market.

It does seem to play the same song over and over for me though so I'm not sure how good at shuffling it actually is.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

TheJoker138 posted:

Ok, question: I'm looking for an alarm clock app that I can give a list of songs (not every song on my device, but maybe all songs by one artist, or all songs in one folder, or whatever) and randomize them for what it plays every time it goes off. Is there anything like that?

I use Alarm Clock Xtreme (which I grabbed for free when it was the Amazon AotD) and it does exactly that. I have it set to a specific playlist I have on my phone but you can also do Random songs by artist, sounds exactly like that you're looking for. You can also set it so it will ask you a math question or make you enter a captcha to dismiss the alarm/hit snooze.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I guess I don't mind Sense in general, but every day I'm reminded of why I hate its browser. Today (like most days) it's because the goddamn address bar covers the top of the page while it's loading, making it impossible to tap on things behind it. This is frequently a problem on the Facebook mobile site, but it just happened to me on another website while I had lovely service and I wanted to loving murder somebody.

I've tried Dolphin, Opera, that MIUI browser... There's stuff about each of those I can't stand, too. I really wish I could get the AOSP Browser without installing a custom ROM. I really like that one.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a music player that can use ReplayGain information?

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
As a side note, any non-US goons who want to try/use Google Music (although not the Market) just have to go to the Google Music site using a proxy (or whatever it is called) that sets your IP as a US IP and once you have signed up to/enabled it then it doesn't care where you are from when you use it after that.

Hologram
Nov 2, 2006

:chillpill:

hooah posted:

I know for a fact that Winamp will.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Thanks for the alarm clock recommendations! I apparently already had Gentle Alarm when it was the Amazon app of the day, so I'm gonna try it out.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Are there any good NotePad/memo widgets out there?
All of the ones I've tried look like rear end. I'd like something that either looks good or is skinnable, and supports one-click editing from the homepage

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

hooah posted:

Winamp and poweramp.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

ante posted:

Are there any good NotePad/memo widgets out there?
All of the ones I've tried look like rear end. I'd like something that either looks good or is skinnable, and supports one-click editing from the homepage

Would the Any.DO app suffice? It's not skinnable, but the black widget layout might be to your liking:

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Apparently, Google Music is losing customers.

I can't say I'm terribly surprised. Google is always just putting new stuff out there and then doing nothing with it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I hope they don't get rid of the music locker section at the least.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Thermopyle posted:

I can't say I'm terribly surprised. Google is always just putting new stuff out there and then doing nothing with it.

Not surprised. No API, no improvements to either content or the player itself. The Android player is nice but Jesus, Google, pay attention to products already in the loving field.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

anakha posted:

Would the Any.DO app suffice? It's not skinnable, but the black widget layout might be to your liking:

Holy crap this app is nice! Very slick, the black theme looks amazing in ICS and the app itself is very ICS-themed. And it syncs with Google tasks.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

anakha posted:

this is rad

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

anakha posted:

"start using task lists" is usually the first indicator that it's going to fail. :v:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Thermopyle posted:

The interface is terrible. If there were some way to sort by artist or make playlists, instead of scrolling through every single album even if you only have one song from it, it would at least be usable, but even then it's missing basic features from other players like a sleep timer.

Now that they've released an API, hopefully some new apps will appear to clean up the mess, but with my luck they'll be ICS only :suicide:

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

A Pinball Wizard posted:

The interface is terrible. If there were some way to sort by artist or make playlists,

What are you using it on that you can't do these things? Are you on a very outdated version of the app?

mtr
May 15, 2008
Poweramp is on sale for $2 for 48 hours if you haven't already jumped on board and didn't want to pay the $5.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer.unlock

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.
On the topic of Google Music: Am I the only person in Canada to have received an official invite? I got it a couple of weeks ago and figured that a Canadian roll out was in progress but I have not heard of any other Canadian receiving access since.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

mtr posted:

Poweramp is on sale for $2 for 48 hours if you haven't already jumped on board and didn't want to pay the $5.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer.unlock

Should I have a reason to purchase this app if I only stream music via Spotify?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Steriletom posted:

On the topic of Google Music: Am I the only person in Canada to have received an official invite? I got it a couple of weeks ago and figured that a Canadian roll out was in progress but I have not heard of any other Canadian receiving access since.

I got an invite when it was first release, but never allowed to use it.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
What are all the cool kids using to connect to IRC via Android? AndChat caught my eye, but I've like to hear the experiences of others.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Well if google allowed me to buy music i would. Why they still haven't released it outside of the states makes my brain hurt.

They need to improve the uploader too. It's not had a single update and sucks.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

Well if google allowed me to buy music i would. Why they still haven't released it outside of the states makes my brain hurt.

They need to improve the uploader too. It's not had a single update and sucks.
Music Manager is unmitigated poo poo.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Tadhg posted:

What are all the cool kids using to connect to IRC via Android? AndChat caught my eye, but I've like to hear the experiences of others.

AndroIRC has become my favorite. AndChat is okay too but I like the interface and customiazability of AndroIRC better.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
I'm looking for a widget that displays live weather radar, so I can open my phone and see at an instant if I'm going to get rained on, without having to go through several clicks to pull it up on a website. I'd also be happy with a generic widget that reloads the animated .gif from wunderground periodically. Anyone know of a good widget like this?

Frozen-Solid posted:

AndroIRC has become my favorite. AndChat is okay too but I like the interface and customiazability of AndroIRC better.
I like Yaaic a lot.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
On LauncherPro+, I was able to set a dock swipe action to compose a new email in Gmail. Is there any way to do that in Nova Launcher Prime?

az jan jananam
Sep 6, 2011
HI, I'M HARDCORE SAX HERE TO DROP A NICE JUICY TURD OF A POST FROM UP ON HIGH

Vykk.Draygo posted:

On LauncherPro+, I was able to set a dock swipe action to compose a new email in Gmail. Is there any way to do that in Nova Launcher Prime?

Possibly using an AnyCut shortcut?

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know how to get the functionality from old Google Search back where it shows search history in the default view?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Kameleon posted:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know how to get the functionality from old Google Search back where it shows search history in the default view?

Like when you hit the search button from the desktop or use the search widget? Because mine still does that.

• Locked thread