Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheUkuleleFanboy
Sep 2, 2011

Zotwoz posted:

Just got a copy of Pikmin and read through the manual yesterday, the gameplay looks pretty complicated and the time limit seems daunting. Any tips for not messing this up?

-The time limit isn't too bad, just try to get at least one part a day (though don't worry if you can't occasionally)

-After you get Blue Pikmin, try to stick to one area until you clean out all the parts from that area. Because enemies will respawn after enough days have passed.

-I somehow missed this so you might too. Pikmin who are with you, near your rocket, or in the ground won't die when night comes. But you'll automatically go back to your rocket when the day ends so don't worry about going too far out.

-If you're REALLY hurting for Pikmin there are pearls in the tutorial area that give you a bunch, but you need Blue Pikmin to get to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Eggie posted:

A sibling is starting Breath Of Fire IV. What advice is there for her?

Ugh this game. Expect a very long cliche story that takes hours to get anywhere.

There's a lot of useless monster skills that serve no purpose. This is especially true in the beginning of the game.

During the water well dream sequence you can learn some decent monster skills earlier than usual.

Monsters skills that you learn are also buffs, your character just needs to be defending when they do these.

If you miss a monster skill they will typically be back in a dungeon or two.

It will be a long time before you unlock your second Master.

Most of the hidden paths on the map are for fishing spots.

Fishing isn't too necessary, but the fish sell for good money and can replenish your SP.

There's quite a lot more but I haven't played this game in years. I would suggest using a guide for monster skills and masters as those can be a pain.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
So I bought the Guild II collection, but I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to play. The original? The pirates expansion? Renaissance?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Centipeed posted:

Is it worthwhile playing all of the SKATE games, 1 through 3?

Or is it similar to Forza, in that I can just get the latest title and not feel like I've missed anything from the first two?

Multiplayer servers for SKATE 1 are out of comission so you'll never be able to get full achievement completion. I'm not sure the status of 2.

As far as I know, though, you'll be fine just picking up the newest.

M6thrXeat
Feb 18, 2012

I bet if that puck was a hamburger you'd stop it!

Centipeed posted:

Is it worthwhile playing all of the SKATE games, 1 through 3?

Or is it similar to Forza, in that I can just get the latest title and not feel like I've missed anything from the first two?

The SKATE series is fantastic, but definitely can play the latest in the series without missing anything. But if you want to experience the old games just buy SKATE 2 as it is the same locations as SKATE 1 with improvements, will save you $$ for purchasing SKATE 3.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
This isn't really a "Before I play" question but this seems to be the closest thing I can find to a general questions thread. I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I have access to a mission (Borzoi Falling) that requires my clan to have a combat skill of 12. I have a combat skill of 9. How can I improve my combat skill? Is there a good repetitive mission for that?

Shameproof
Mar 23, 2011

Just got God Hand, someone give me a their move loadout.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shameproof posted:

Every move loadout is a good move loadout.

That said, the way to cheese the game is to get Chain Yanker from behind Elvis's Chair when you fight him the first time and get Yes Ma'am Kablaam as soon as you can. This turns you into a boss cancelling God-Hand producing machine.

Otherwise, get good at dodging and knowing when to break combo to throw in guard break. The drunk master set of moves are pretty good if not the best but I couldn't resist the Fist of the Northstar multi-hit set even if it makes it annoying as hell to time your guard break.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

That said, the way to cheese the game is to get Chain Yanker from behind Elvis's Chair when you fight him the first time and get Yes Ma'am Kablaam as soon as you can. This turns you into a boss cancelling God-Hand producing machine.

I think this is backwards- the YMK is behind the chair while the Chain Yanker is something you buy? Still, both are things you should use.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shameproof posted:

You can be really, really cheap and just put a guard breaker in your four-hit combo.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Shameproof posted:

My advice is to keep two very quick single hit punches in your first slots on your combo. You want a jab first since that's the fastest move and you want a quick move to interrupt enemy attacks for counter blows.

The best strategy is to throw those two punches, foward weave, and then throw those punches again until an enemy starts guarding. At that point throw a guard breaker and then go to town.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

Barudak posted:

Otherwise, get good at dodging and knowing when to break combo to throw in guard break. The drunk master set of moves are pretty good if not the best but I couldn't resist the Fist of the Northstar multi-hit set even if it makes it annoying as hell to time your guard break.

Yes Ma'am Kablaam! Raises your tension meter significantly, and should almost always be one of your single button moves. Any time you stun a dude, be sure to hit it twice then trigger the circle action. This should be possible if you cancel the cool down animation with a forward dodge.

Speaking of the forward dodge, use it. A lot. It gets you out of nearly everything that doesn't hit your legs.

Otherwise any move load out is great. I tend to stay away from multi hit monstrosities, because an enemy can start guarding between hits making it difficult to guard break them. Always keep a launching move handy. And don't forget your free juggle moves (flying upper cut and launching kick forward and back triangle respectively).

Throwing a guard breaker into your combo in the 3rd slot breaks enemy defences more often than you'd expect. But be ready to dodge if the enemy isn't dodging.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Argon_Sloth posted:

Speaking of the forward dodge, use it. A lot. It gets you out of nearly everything that doesn't hit your legs.

Keep in mind that this will raise your difficulty REALLY fast, so if you want to keep your level down it might be better to backflip away and charge back in once the enemy has exhausted their combo.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Shameproof posted:

Just keep in mind moves that become available later on are not necessarily better than old moves. The starter moveset is one of the better ones you can create, button layout and all.

If you wanna be really cool, though, you'll create a six-move square combo full of launchers, jugglers, and charge attacks and ditch guard breakers entirely :c00l:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

gigglefeimer posted:

Just keep in mind moves that become available later on are not necessarily better than old moves. The starter moveset is one of the better ones you can create, button layout and all.

If you wanna be really cool, though, you'll create a six-move square combo full of launchers, jugglers, and charge attacks and ditch guard breakers entirely :c00l:

How do you deal with enemies on Level Die that are hard to knock over/juggle?

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

How do you deal with enemies on Level Die that are hard to knock over/juggle?

Critical hits (hitting them just before they hit you) bring out the full effect of knock down/launch/juggle moves. Of course you can still try hitting them normally too, you'll just have to deal with their dodging.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I didn't see any Saints Row: The Third tips in the wiki when I started playing it, so I figured I would contribute seeing as how this thread and the wiki have helped me out a lot in the past.

- Upgrades are not acquired through completing activities and diversions like they were in SR2, you buy them from your phone and they unlock as you gain respect levels.

- In the beginning of the game, I would recommend fully upgrading a weapon or two before concentrating on the other upgrades from your cell phone. The .45 Shepherd is a good candidate for this - upgrade the rate of fire, clip size, and bullet type from Friendly Fire and get the Dual Wield Pistols upgrade from your cell phone and start launching your enemies into the air with aplomb.

- Also, if you upgrade your flashbangs to level 4, you get the Fart in a Jar. In addition to being hilarious, they are also part of an achievement.

- To get the most out of the upgrades that give you permanent bonuses to your respect and cash gains, buy them as soon as possible after they become available.

- If you buy the Collectible Finder upgrade and you see something on your minimap that you can't really go and pick up at the moment (due to being chased by the police, etc.) you can open your map and drop a bookmark on its approximate location using X (on the 360) and come back to it later. You can use five bookmarks at any one time, but they do NOT persist if you turn the game off, so remember to go back and get whatever it was before you do so.

- Consider doing the Assassination and Vehicle Theft stuff in the Saintsbook as you go along with the main missions. Certain events happen that make Vehicle Theft more annoying past the beginning of Act 3, and there are a few Assassinations that require you to go raise your noteriety with specfic gangs or law enforcement groups that may or not still be around depending on how much of the map you've taken over or the decisions you've made in the story missions. Doing this is not required, it just makes fully completing these two diversions a little easier. Plus it feels less grindy if you only do a few at a time.

- Assassination related: if you're having trouble causing enough of a ruckus in an area with a specific gang (either because you've taken that neighborhood over and there are hardly any gang members around or you bought the upgrades that decay your noteriety with that gang faster or both) use the Annihilator RPG. It seems to piss people off in a hurry.

- Vehicle Theft related: get the cell phone upgrade that gives you nitrous in every vehicle you drive, it helps.

- If you're having trouble with some of the harder versions of Snatch and Trafficking, two things can really help: the immunity to damage upgrades from your cell phone (duh) and a Bear (the SWAT team APC). Simply take the Bear from your garage, drive it over to the activity you want to use it with, park it a little ways away, and start the activity. Ditch whatever piece of poo poo car they give you, climb into the beast, and laugh.

- Two good things to know about the Professor Genki SERC activity: your health doesn't regenerate like it normally does, and the "hunters" (brutes) that appear when you hit your cash target respawn infinitely. Shoot the first brute that appears until the game wants you to go up and do the QTE thing to kill them, DON'T do it, then run your rear end off towards the exit.

- For Insurance Fraud, drive to a highway instead of sticking to the intersections that give you an adrenaline boost - there aren't any stoplights to slow the cars down or turns for them to make, so you know exactly where the cars will be coming from at all times. Run against the flow of traffic, ragdoll right as you're about to get hit, and try to steer yourself in midair to get hit over and over by the same car or other cars. The more hits before you land and stand up, the more cash you get.

- For Mayhem (and Tank Mayhem), the key is your combo meter. Do everything you can to keep that thing up. The best way to do this is to hit clusters of things with explosives. Use grenades if the game doesn't give you the RPG. Look for groups of trash bags down alleys, shrubs and fences around houses, newspaper stands in front of stores, cars with multiple people in them, etc. If the area you're in seems a little barren, find a car and drive to greener pastures - the time you waste driving is more than made up in cash as you run merrily through a neighborhood blowing up fences instead of getting frustrated in an empty industrial district.

- In Heli Assault, stay low and stick with the car you're supposed to protect. You don't have to chase after every car full of bad dudes that appears - often, the game will put them in a place that makes it difficult for them to even reach the target car and they disappear by themselves. Make any other helicopters that appear your first priority.

- And finally, don't let some silly sense of "gamer pride" prevent you from turning the difficulty down if you're running into trouble with something. You won't miss any achievements, and besides, Saints Row is about getting into all kinds of ridiculous shenanigans while you beat people to death with a four foot long purple dildo, not banging your head against the wall because you keep dying.

Lord Nelson
Jan 11, 2006
I just bought Two Worlds II- what should I know before I dive in?

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I bought Phantasy Star Portable 2 on sale the other day, and I'm worried about messing up my characters build. I managed to get to the final boss of Phantasy Star 0 and get totally stuck. Is it better to go human or beast?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Lord Nelson posted:

There's no set classes, so you can mix, say, archer and mage, or mage and warrior skills. You just end up sucking at both if you do though.

Also after the ending you can finish every side quest except those on the tutorial island. There's no plot reason, you just can't.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

King of Dragon Pass

I can't seem to figure out how to expand properly. When my clan gets too many guys for our cows to feed, there's apparently a way to plow more fields / get more grazing ground, but I can't figure it out. I also never managed to steal land from surrounding clans, regardless of how much they suck.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Magypsy posted:

I bought Phantasy Star Portable 2 on sale the other day, and I'm worried about messing up my characters build. I managed to get to the final boss of Phantasy Star 0 and get totally stuck. Is it better to go human or beast?
The PSP2 thread is here, but that's got all kinds of random information scattered throughout. Do check out the OP for visiphone passwords and the very useful DLC missions.

-There's no way to mess up your character. The only things you can't change are race and gender.

-Between human and beast, humans are the most forgiving. They have the best defenses and are honestly pretty good in any role. Beasts have the best attack, great HP, and are more or less tied with newmans for highest evasion. Beasts also have low accuracy, but attacking from behind helps a great deal.

-And for completion's sake, casts are wonderfully durable and accurate. Plus they get exclusive access to SUV weapons. All of them are fun, many of them are useful. Newmans have fantastic tec power and evasion. They also have good tec defense, but it doesn't matter when they don't have the HP to back it up. Don't be surprised to see them die in one hit if you aren't prepared later on.

-Learn to Exact Guard by blocking right before you would take a hit. 100% damage reduction for free! Also learn to Exact Attack by pressing the attack button when the glowing outline lines up with the button icon. You'll deal more damage and recover more PP when these attacks hit.

-After Exact Guard, you can cancel directly into an attack, roll or another guard.

-Lock on and dodge roll to the side to get directly behind an enemy.

-Invest in a C rank wand or tech mag license at least for easy access to Resta. Then you can save your items for combat heals.

-Here's the very useful wiki: http://psp2.psupedia.info/Main_Page

I can't think of much more right now that isn't really specific stuff about abilities or enemies.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Xander77 posted:

King of Dragon Pass

I can't seem to figure out how to expand properly. When my clan gets too many guys for our cows to feed, there's apparently a way to plow more fields / get more grazing ground, but I can't figure it out. I also never managed to steal land from surrounding clans, regardless of how much they suck.

In the farming screen. Increasing pastures clears wildland automatically which can then be converted to cropland. If you have more pastures than your animals can graze then it's automatically converted back to wildlands. If you have more croplands than your farmers can handle they get pissed off and work less.

I've never managed to seize territory either. It's probably easier if you pump yourself up with war blessings and send the entire army.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Lord Nelson posted:

Stealth skills are useless other than a few points in lockpick. I tried archery, but found the controls to be too much of a struggle and gave up. The magic system is really really fun, and I usually avoid magic at all costs in RPGs. Spells are "built" using combinations of effects, carriers (missile/AoE etc.) and modifiers (e.g. homing, shield, ability to bounce a missile between targets), so there's a lot of flexibility in the spell system. There are even some special combos that cause earthquakes, invisibility, levitation, a black hole, and super jumping.

Also you can find a couple NPCs who let you pay $500 and randomly refund 10 skill points and some number of attribute points, so it's possible with enough money to totally respec.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

owl_pellet posted:

I didn't see any Saints Row: The Third tips in the wiki when I started playing it, so I figured I would contribute seeing as how this thread and the wiki have helped me out a lot in the past.

- If you buy the Collectible Finder upgrade and you see something on your minimap that you can't really go and pick up at the moment (due to being chased by the police, etc.) you can open your map and drop a bookmark on its approximate location using X (on the 360) and come back to it later. You can use five bookmarks at any one time, but they do NOT persist if you turn the game off, so remember to go back and get whatever it was before you do so.

You dont need to do this; If you have the collectable finder upgrade they show up on the map as well as the minimap, so you dont need to bookmark them. You do need to toggle them on in the map screen (its the same control that toggles activity markes/shops/gang operations, I havent played it in a month or 2 and forget the details).

If you are going for all the collectables for the achievement, I recommend having the finder upgrade, turning all the other markers on the map off, turning the collectables on, and having the jetbike (given as a possible mission reward in the main storyline) because a lot of the collectables are on roofs or other areas that are a pain to get to, the jetbike can be easier to land on roofs than a helicopter.

Oh, and when you only have one area left to complete in the middle island, (an L shaped section) and you have done all the activities and the map says you have one gang operation still to clear? Check the rooftops, it is the only rooftop gang operation in the city and you need to get quite close before it pops on the map, driving past the building isnt close enough.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Resonance of Fate: any tips for quick farming of hexes and levelling weapons? I'm in chapter 7 atm and can't get to the next area because i'm constantly running out of hexes

OilSlick
Dec 29, 2005

Population: Buscuit
A bunch of goons are frothing at the mouth telling me that I need to get Xenoblade Chronicles because it's the best game ever and I need to get it or all my friends and family will laugh at me. From what I've read it looks intriguing but do I need to play any of the other Xeno games to understand it or is it pretty much a stand alone story?

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

SiKboy posted:

You dont need to do this; If you have the collectable finder upgrade they show up on the map as well as the minimap, so you dont need to bookmark them. You do need to toggle them on in the map screen (its the same control that toggles activity markes/shops/gang operations, I havent played it in a month or 2 and forget the details).

If you are going for all the collectables for the achievement, I recommend having the finder upgrade, turning all the other markers on the map off, turning the collectables on, and having the jetbike (given as a possible mission reward in the main storyline) because a lot of the collectables are on roofs or other areas that are a pain to get to, the jetbike can be easier to land on roofs than a helicopter.

Oh, and when you only have one area left to complete in the middle island, (an L shaped section) and you have done all the activities and the map says you have one gang operation still to clear? Check the rooftops, it is the only rooftop gang operation in the city and you need to get quite close before it pops on the map, driving past the building isnt close enough.

:aaa: I had no idea you could toggle collectibles on in the main map. I flew around randomly on my jet bike to find the last ones I needed for the achievement because I thought they only showed up on the minimap.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

OilSlick posted:

A bunch of goons are frothing at the mouth telling me that I need to get Xenoblade Chronicles because it's the best game ever and I need to get it or all my friends and family will laugh at me. From what I've read it looks intriguing but do I need to play any of the other Xeno games to understand it or is it pretty much a stand alone story?

I might be completely wrong about this but I thought it was just a similar name or named in honour of the creator of that series. I don't think it's plot related or anything.

JimboMaloi
Oct 10, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

I might be completely wrong about this but I thought it was just a similar name or named in honour of the creator of that series. I don't think it's plot related or anything.

This is correct. I haven't played it, but the company line is that it's completely unrelated plot-wise.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Magypsy posted:

Sentient Toaster posted:

:words:

What this dude said. Other helpful things to note:

-If you want to to shoot fireballs and stuff, go for a newman/human vanguard instead of a force. Forces are are awful in this game because you run out of PP super fast and have to either wait around or do melee to build it back up, vanguards have a decent enough attack stat for this, and at higher levels (like 120 and up, vanguard lvl 14 high) your evasion is incredible.

-PSP2 introduces the chain system: doing normal attacks increases the chain and using photon arts (or most technics) break them. Whatever breaks the chain gets a damage boost depending on how big the chain was when it was broken. Technics are slow, don't do that much damage without a decent chain, and your teammates will brake the chain before you can get it to somewhere where you'd be doing enough damage for it to be worth it which is usually a 15+ chain or so. Don't rely Technics or Forces unless you really want to get frustrated.

- Beasts are awesome, but the lower accuracy really hurts sometimes. If an enemy is 15 or more levels above you you end up landing maybe one hit in 3 or 4 half the time.

- The last few bosses are "gently caress you" bosses, I went from sailing through story mode being 5 levels above the max range for enemies and died in two hits to one of the last bosses.

- The final form of story mode's final boss has an attack that fills the screen with bullets that don't knock you down so it can literally chew through your health down to nothing in a few seconds, even if you're blocking. There are safe points on the left and right edges, but all your AI companions are probably going to die.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

owl_pellet posted:

:aaa: I had no idea you could toggle collectibles on in the main map. I flew around randomly on my jet bike to find the last ones I needed for the achievement because I thought they only showed up on the minimap.

I found out totally by accident to be honest, I was wanting to toggle something else off (probably everything apart from shops to buy ammo or something) and found out you could do it.

U4RiiA
Dec 26, 2011
My Spring Break plan this year is to spend quality time with Final Fantasy XIII-2. Is there anything I should know before bringing my new playmate home tomorrow?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Zotwoz posted:

Just got a copy of Pikmin and read through the manual yesterday, the gameplay looks pretty complicated and the time limit seems daunting. Any tips for not messing this up?

The time limit is a nonissue unless you deliberately play the game as slowly as possible. There's 30 parts and you have 30 days and there are enough easy ones lying around that getting 2 or more in one day is easy.

Like don't freak out and rush forward and lose a bunch of guys because you're freaking out about the time limit, you'll lose more time doing that. The number one timesaver in Pikmin is multitasking - don't put 100 guys knocking down a wall, put 30-40 on it and move on to other poo poo while they work.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
On that subject, I've always wanted to pick up Lost Planet 1 & 2, the reason I never have is that I hate the idea of a time limit in games, which is what that system of constantly finding fuel or oxygen or whatever seemed to be. I guess my question is, how much does that take away from the exploration/etc. Is it terribly noticeable and a constant rush against the clock?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

U4RiiA posted:

My Spring Break plan this year is to spend quality time with Final Fantasy XIII-2. Is there anything I should know before bringing my new playmate home tomorrow?

How familiar are you with FFXIII?

U4RiiA
Dec 26, 2011

Artix74 posted:

How familiar are you with FFXIII?

I invested a number of hours into FFXIII that is pretty embarrassing to admit, even on an anonymous forum... There's a reason I have to wait for semester breaks to play video games. :)

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Supreme Allah posted:

On that subject, I've always wanted to pick up Lost Planet 1 & 2, the reason I never have is that I hate the idea of a time limit in games, which is what that system of constantly finding fuel or oxygen or whatever seemed to be. I guess my question is, how much does that take away from the exploration/etc. Is it terribly noticeable and a constant rush against the clock?

I did the write ups for Lost Planet 1 and Lost Planet 2 since I'd just come off of playing them back to back.

It's only a big issue in the LP1 where it's constant, even in the boss battles spread throughout the levels. There's not much to see anyhow since it's so linear. You're better off running through that game for survivability purposes alone as the number of enemies in the second half of this game will wear you out. Treat it like Contra, picking up the weapons you like best as you find them and blasting your way to the end of the level (having no fall damage helps a lot).

Generally speaking, the only times you should be slowing down are to switch to a new mech, raise a data-post or collect T-ENG. You will only be forced to stop and deal with enemies if they prevent you from doing these things or if they can actually catch up to you. Feel free to use cover and clear out any areas that are giving you trouble with this plan, especially if you're severely outgunned. Leave any stragglers in the dust once you've scavenged weapons. This strategy means you will continually hit your T-ENG cap (9999, I think) and have lots time to explore. Mechs will use more T-ENG, so get out of them if you want to explore nooks and crannies. But always jump back in and bring it with you if it can fit through the next entrance. Which reminds me, this doesn't answer your question but it isn't in the LP1 wiki:

-Look for garage-like structures with metal slat doors that can be shot open. These usually hide mechs and guns.

In LP2, the health bar "time limit" is practically a non issue, and the game can be taken at a much more leisurely pace. The most annoying part is getting used to the fact that the automatic heal mechanic has been slowed to a crawl. You'll have to find cover and hold the start button to regenerate quickly. Beautiful game though, and while it's just as linear as the first, there's a lot more to see. Add friends to increase fun.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

PRL412 posted:

In LP2, the health bar "time limit" is practically a non issue, and the game can be taken at a much more leisurely pace. The most annoying part is getting used to the fact that the automatic heal mechanic has been slowed to a crawl. You'll have to find cover and hold the start button to regenerate quickly. Beautiful game though, and while it's just as linear as the first, there's a lot more to see. Add friends to increase fun.

Yeah, co-op is definitely the best part of LP2. You can't even form the combiner mech without a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Wrist Watch posted:

-PSP2 introduces the chain system
Adding to this:

-Square attacks build chains. Triangle attacks break chains. This also applies to any offensive technique that doesn't say otherwise in its description.

-You're generally fine breaking at a 2 or 3 chain. That will give a significant boost to whatever you use to break the chain. As long as the "X CHAIN" text is flashing, triangle attacks against that enemy deal extra damage. Getting a higher chain before breaking it improves both the extra damage and the amount of time the text flashes. For example, it's very easy to land multiple twin handgun charge shots at the end of a 10 chain.

-Use opposing weapon elements against enemies when you can. Fire/ice, ground/lightning, dark/light. Use same element armor against enemies or techniques that are most dangerous to you. Or at least avoid wearing opposite element armor. You can get non-elemental armor, but some pretty cool stuff is elemental only.