Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

FutureSushi posted:

So is it Void powers that give you powerjumping abilities because jesus Roxy

Depends exactly on what Void powers let you do. If it lets you, say, cancel out stuff, like, say, the pull of gravity...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Gravity out in the Furthest Ring seems kind of dubious anyway, given that Roxy expected to jump down through the upper window, pass through the lower after a significant fall, and emerge on the other side without slamming into the ceiling at near terminal velocity. (And in fact previously did so in the opposite direction.)

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

FutureSushi posted:

So is it Void powers that give you powerjumping abilities because jesus Roxy

Both Rose and her mother have proven to be pretty acrobatic in the comic before, sometimes in ways not too unfamiliar to the Strider side of the family. It seems the blondes in this comic are born ninjas.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

King of Solomon posted:

Also, the randomizer has solved Homestuck:

it spoiled the ending for me :(

code:
An archagent who was killed by turntables.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I'm not sure if I saw this question resolved, but Hussie's done some Tumblr updatin', including the source of the Sawtooth and Squarewave image on Dirk's PC.

Also a cosplayer who worships a stuffed rabbit and an archaeologist who dualwields turntables... Together... THEY FIGHT CRIME!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Roxy just executed a pretty nice STRONG JUMP there.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Nate RFB posted:

Roxy just executed a pretty nice STRONG JUMP there.

You mean e%ecuted?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It was only a matter of time before that character remix dealie showed me myself.

"Who secretly is" is the best adjective-clause starter, though. I've gotten "a programmer who secretly is peanuts," "a wizard who secretly is pistols," and "a coolkid who secretly is candy." I don't know why those are so amusing to me.

Oh, also "a hipster who hates bees." Man, maybe I would have been into this whole "bees" thing a few months ago, but NOW... now I'm just sick of them.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
code:
A pirate who ignores stairs.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Oh god.

code:
An author who is powered by Lil Cal
We're all doomed.

Not an Owl
Oct 29, 2011
I got "A father who secretly is Nic Cage"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Not an Owl posted:

I got "A father who secretly is Nic Cage"

This would make the relationship between Vriska and John get much weirder really fast.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
"A witch who is powered by fish puns." Yup.

"An heir who eats peanuts" John! :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"An author that can't get enough of ghosts."

Hmmm

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Factory Factory posted:

I'm not sure if I saw this question resolved, but Hussie's done some Tumblr updatin', including the source of the Sawtooth and Squarewave image on Dirk's PC.
Is she on the art team? Cause drat.

Also:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Perhaps it's some sort of gravity shenanigan. Further hinting that something really strange is going on with Dirk and Roxy's living situation.

Frankly, with the way Jake lives on an island full of Alternian monsters, it makes me wonder if Jane is the one with the unusual residence. Could be she's living in a sort of sheltered environment where she can't see the effect that the Batterwitch has had on the earth. Not the past, but a controlled simulation thereof. Jake wouldn't know, she wouldn't have believed Roxy (and we don't know what it is she didn't believe), and Dirk would just let it be 'cause he knows she'll come around.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
code:
An archaeologist who screams at dresses.
This would be the best character.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Perhaps it's some sort of gravity shenanigan. Further hinting that something really strange is going on with Dirk and Roxy's living situation.

Frankly, with the way Jake lives on an island full of Alternian monsters, it makes me wonder if Jane is the one with the unusual residence. Could be she's living in a sort of sheltered environment where she can't see the effect that the Batterwitch has had on the earth. Not the past, but a controlled simulation thereof. Jake wouldn't know, she wouldn't have believed Roxy (and we don't know what it is she didn't believe), and Dirk would just let it be 'cause he knows she'll come around.

Don't forget a terrifyingly strong Dad who can punch out archagents, possesses metric tons of high explosives in his wallet, and displays unending love and parental affection towards his offspring. I suppose that would explain a lot of her sheltered state.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Remastered version of Crystamanthequins released now that the composer actually knows what he's doing production-wise. You ought to check it out.

It's the music from [S] Make Her Pay, for those who weren't aware.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Walliard posted:

Remastered version of Crystamanthequins released now that the composer actually knows what he's doing production-wise. You ought to check it out.

How do I download it? :saddowns:

On a related note, from the Medium album, I still have the backwards Wind because I liked it so much. How can I get the forwards one without rebuying the album?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Elysiume posted:

On a related note, from the Medium album, I still have the backwards Wind because I liked it so much. How can I get the forwards one without rebuying the album?

Apparently so many people downloaded it that it broke Jit's dropbox.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Try here, which is the link in that post after several updates trying to fix it.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is she on the art team? Cause drat.

I don't think so; she is pretty popular in the fanartist community though. As a side note, whoever ran that tacky 'critique' blog centered specifically on her artwork a while back must be all kinds of pissed right now. :v: I'd go look it up but a) this isn't the Fandom Lunacy thread and b) I'm not in the mood to hate life right now.

Bongo Bill posted:

You know at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jane was really being sheltered in some pseudo-reality, being the heiress and all. A Truman Show/The Village type of thing, if you will. I mean let's think about this: she's already experienced multiple 'assassination attempts' in the past. We've speculated that those could be staged by the Condesce, but what if they're all deliberately non-lethal (well, for the most part) and just in place to scare her, like Roxy's did? The CrockerCorp tech has been feeding her all kinds of disturbing messages for god knows how long, so even when she isn't wearing the tiaratop or what have you, that stuff is still engrained in her psyche-- and if the outside world looks fine, why bother leaving the house? Why question any of it? She's OBEYing and CONSUME-ing like a good girl.

... Good god, she's literally living in the Matrix.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bongo Bill posted:

Try here, which is the link in that post after several updates trying to fix it.
Fantastic; thanks.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Walliard posted:

Haha, yes. That song always annoyed me. So good, but oh god the production.

Chrystalanthemums is one of those songs that I could basically be happy with hearing it quoted and remixed and rearranged basically forever. This and Crystalanthology are great.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
In the vein of music, have some less-good music.

Twin Shadow - A theme for both uu and UU. I used it as practice for key changes. It switches between major and minor keys a few times.

e: I should clarify. The guitar could be uu, and the piano UU? Maybe.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 4, 2012

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Haha, yes. That song always annoyed me. So good, but oh god the production.

I- I always thought it was meant to sound like that... :(

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Someone help me out. I wanna understand what's different about the remastered Crystamanthequins that everyone's bugging over here. All I can tell is the bass has more of a sharp crack to it?

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Snollygoster posted:

Someone help me out. I wanna understand what's different about the remastered Crystamanthequins that everyone's bugging over here. All I can tell is the bass has more of a sharp crack to it?

Listening to it through earphones, it definitely sounds more crisp and less muddled.

I have to say though, I never quite noticed any issues with the original version. However, the new one has spoiled me and I definitely hear the flaws :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's cool, you can just add it to your HS vol. 5 album. At least that's what I did.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Excellent crowdsurfing skills. Or I guess it's to crowdsurfing what what a basilisk does is to regular surfing.

Edit: I hope Roxy knows how to get out of this thing.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 4, 2012

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

code:
"A hipster who is powered by lovely swords.
Dave would approve of this irony.

code:
"A programmer who is powered by stairs."
:stare:

Am I having too much fun with this thing?

Walliard posted:

Remastered version of Crystamanthequins released now that the composer actually knows what he's doing production-wise.

Sounds amazingly crystal now, but I'm not sure I'm hearing all the differences. I need to find where I hid my old albums.

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 4, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is this a callback to the passage Rose took way back when? The one underneath Jasper's coffin.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
No, that looked different, although the door leading to it from the laboratory seems to have been in a similar place relative to the hub grid. This looks more like WV's cork capsule's central shaft. There may or may not be a ladder on the side we aren't seeing.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Snollygoster posted:

The main thing I noticed is that the drums in the second half are a lot clearer.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

There may or may not be a ladder on the side we aren't seeing.

Or it could be an elevator. Labs can have elevators. Elevators are still a thing that never stopped being a thing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
code:
A coward who dualwields Nic Cage.
Wielding not one, but two Nic Cages* would be unstoppable. The only thing that could defeat Lord English perhaps?

*Ghost Rider and Wicker Man obviously.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
a gamer who collects alcohol

So Roxy then.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

I- I always thought it was meant to sound like that... :(

Same here, I figured that was just the style. The remix certainly sounds cleaner, but I'm not sure I like it as much. That one drum (I don't know drums) sounds a lot louder than everything now.

code:
a ghost who raps with dreams
Hi, beta-Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

code:
An amputee who lovehates stairs.
:smith: