Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Linedance posted:

I like the bikes, I think they look pretty. Yeah they're showpieces, but I don't doubt they get ridden around the boulevard occasionally. By guys like the above. On his way to the set of a movie shoot. To chat with his buddy who is key grip. And buy drugs from him. Because he's got to feel the creative flow, for the screenplay he's writing. He was an extra in that Tarantino flick. He is a living stereotype.

well to be fair that front tire does say "ON SPEED"

Valt posted:

I love the hell out of both of those bikes, they are both really nicely done...
...in period correct modifications
that's what really does it for me.
Those are ARD magnetos right? I think only one of them is running struts though.

Oh internet, why you so funny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Chatroom Groomer posted:

What's with the Daytona hate? What have you got against British bikes?

Nothing at all, it's just one particular Daytona rider I don't like ;)

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Every time I see this picture, I think it looks like he's got his right foot inside the bowl... :gonk:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Linedance posted:

I like the bikes, I think they look pretty. Yeah they're showpieces, but I don't doubt they get ridden around the boulevard occasionally. By guys like the above. On his way to the set of a movie shoot. To chat with his buddy who is key grip. And buy drugs from him. Because he's got to feel the creative flow, for the screenplay he's writing. He was an extra in that Tarantino flick. He is a living stereotype.

Tell me, Tim Gunn, how would you change the cut of his jib so that he met with your approval and didn't land in one of 4-5 biker pigeonholes? Keep in mind that anyone who manages to avoid these is still subject to the catch-all "tool" and "hipster" tags. FFS, at least he's not wearing bootlegged SOA merchandise...

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Marv Hushman posted:

Tell me, Tim Gunn, how would you change the cut of his jib so that he met with your approval and didn't land in one of 4-5 biker pigeonholes? Keep in mind that anyone who manages to avoid these is still subject to the catch-all "tool" and "hipster" tags. FFS, at least he's not wearing bootlegged SOA merchandise...

Motards fall in their own category I'll have you know sir. :dong::dong::dong:

Dongs

KozmoNaut posted:

Chatroom Groomer posted:

What's with the Daytona hate? What have you got against British bikes?

Nothing at all, it's just one particular Daytona rider I don't like

Don't worry, he doesn't like it much either, he's always slamming it into the ground.... So angry... :3:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Content:
loving stuntaz...jeez...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4JhruinbWc#t=28s

and a really great description of how a differential works

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Jabs posted:

Content:
loving stuntaz...jeez...

I love that video, everyone should watch it if they have a few minutes.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Linedance posted:

That's Jean-Philippe Smet

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

evil_bunnY posted:

That's Jean-Philippe Smet

I believe you are correct, sir. Not only does he look a hell of a lot better than the American Elvis right about now, he might actually be the most interesting man in the world...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Jabs posted:

Content:
loving stuntaz...jeez...

I learned something today, thanks!

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

I learned something today, thanks!

Yeah, best thing to do is to weld that differential shut and never have a headache again.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sir Cornelius posted:

Yeah, best thing to do is to weld that differential shut and never have a headache again.

I feel like this post was meant for A5H

What do ya'll think of this XS?
So I think is fairly close to the look my buddy is going for with his XS650?
I never really know because I can't get a straight answer out of him on anything.

I personally LOVE the gold/white lines on the (DT360) tank that accent it's shape.

The exhaust he got is actually nothing like this unfortunately,

it's actually one from "Pandemonium" and 'm pretty sure he's going to set his leg ablaze.

I know that his inspiration is actually this bike:

http://vimeo.com/groups/79005/videos/19232594

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 3, 2012

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Harley Sportster Scooter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

I don't know who he is and though he does look interesting, like the bikes, I'm not really bothered to dig up details. I'll just sit here and gaze at my Aprilia in my Dainese gear with my AGV Rossi replica helmet while enjoying an expensive coffee at my favourite espresso bar THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I feel like this post was meant for A5H

What do ya'll think of this XS?
So I think is fairly close to the look my buddy is going for with his XS650?
I never really know because I can't get a straight answer out of him on anything.

I personally LOVE the gold/white lines on the (DT360) tank that accent it's shape.

The exhaust he got is actually nothing like this unfortunately,

it's actually one from "Pandemonium" and 'm pretty sure he's going to set his leg ablaze.

I know that his inspiration is actually this bike:

http://vimeo.com/groups/79005/videos/19232594

That is a stunningly pretty bike. With a Yamaha if you didn't want / couldn't get that red/gold I'd think about doing similar shapes in yellow / white / black Yamaha racing colors.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Dirt trail on a Ural w/sidecar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUa4KBnOZ3I

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I have what is possibly the worst photo of a motorcycle ever taken. A guy sent this to me after I asked for a photo of the bike he was selling on craigslist. Let's make a game of it: GUESS WHAT BIKE THIS IS:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hayden. posted:

GUESS WHAT BIKE THIS IS:

A semi-disassembled Gold Wing? I think I see the heads from a four cylinder model.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Sagebrush posted:

A semi-disassembled Gold Wing? I think I see the heads from a four cylinder model.

Well that was quick. You are correct! 1981

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweet, my motorcycle-fu is gaining power.

(The big shiny fuel-tank-like-object under the seat, coupled with the mysteriously empty space where the tank normally is, helped)

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

hayden. posted:

I have what is possibly the worst photo of a motorcycle ever taken. A guy sent this to me after I asked for a photo of the bike he was selling on craigslist. Let's make a game of it: GUESS WHAT BIKE THIS IS:

Hmmm...Comstars fore and aft, tank is more teardrop than toaster, slightly upswept exhaust...80-83 GL1100. Owner attempted to make a late 70s naked wing out of it, which explains why it's being photographed in the dark...

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Went to a charity Dyno Day today, nice day out 20 quid for a dyno run, but no A/F mapping or torque measurements so it was really just a HP dick waving contest, a contest me and my DRZ lost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJoX_ILhqzM My dyno run, 36.99 furious horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HLIRaerdow the fireblade with the martini colours in the pics below, 117 horses and a flame show on the overrun.

Before setting off in the morning.

My DRZ, wearing a shiny new back tyre that broke my loving balls to get on yesterday.

There was a streetfighter/custom show on too, some nice bikes, including a CBR250R caferacer that surprisingly wasn't horrible.
As well as the usual selection of slabbies and fireblades. Some nice, some retarded.
Clear clutch windows are nice and all but not in cold damp places where condensation and oil turn to mayonaisse

Then there's the classic, "someone rearended my clown cycle" look
:barf:

Where we're going, we wont need ground clearance

GHOST BOOSA

rest of pics in gallery here http://imgur.com/a/xg0CY

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Marv Hushman posted:

All it lacks is a liquid cooled 3-cylinder 750cc engine and SRIS.

And YPVS. Goddamn gently caress, my goal in life is to clone a GT750 with a TZ/RD500. SRIS and YPVS would be perfect.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Marv Hushman posted:

Suzuki had the best advertising department in the entire motorcycle industry in the 70's. drat, all motorcycle advertising is so bland these days.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Sir Cornelius posted:

All it lacks is a liquid cooled 3-cylinder 750cc engine and SRIS.

And YPVS. Goddamn gently caress, my goal in life is to clone a GT750 with a TZ/RD500. SRIS and YPVS would be perfect.

My God. How could something that looks so well-mannered and serene sound so positively evil? I've sampled a few to confirm it's not a fluke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uz-1KV2Zjs&feature=related

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Marv Hushman posted:

drat, "You paid how much to go that slow? :smug: " is older than I thought.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Bucephalus posted:

drat, "You paid how much to go that slow? :smug: " is older than I thought.

True. Cuts both ways, I guess--today that shaker hood assembly alone would fill a garage with T500s...

invision
Mar 2, 2009

So I went to a thing

What's this?

Is that a...?

No way it can't be a...

invision fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 5, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

One of the old bikey guys I chat to had a Vincent Black Shadow. They're beautiful.

It got stolen :( Only got to drool over it once, before I was really into bikes and could truly appreciate it.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

invision posted:

All bike photography should be done in beatdown perspective. Especially when there's a cop involved.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

invision posted:

I am confused by that mirror.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Pope Mobile posted:

I am confused by that mirror.

Yeah, why is it backwards? So the person in front of you can admire their eyes?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Maybe that's why the cop pulled him over.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

invision posted:

Well, here's me showing off for the 5-0 today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yElm-CLrE1A

Here is why the mirror is backwards.

Sir.Tucker
Sep 17, 2006

For the Workforce!

Sagebrush posted:

He low-sided and that's a screen cap from the video.

Link from Crash Test Thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yElm-CLrE1A

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Teach me that put-it-in-reverse-and-highside-it thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

Has anyone actually been pulled over for missing equipment like that? I've been without mirrors for months and have had no problems. I even rode around a few times with nothing on the front end and no cops took a second look. I think they have their work cut out for them with all the squids, if you act semi-normal they don't care.