Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Flanker posted:

I start my PLQ residency tonight. I did the online horeshit over a year ago, so I am right the gently caress out of her. Should be interesting.

Enjoy. My friend is a plq land course officer. He has candidates break down and weep in front of him and their peers fairly regularly. I don't even know why, he isn't beasting them or anything. They just can't handle teaching weapons classes or doing the expres test. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Ordered it mid to late June, got it today. My yukon style fur hat is here. But now I'm not in the military and don't want to wear it like a dickweed. I would've totally been wearing it in service dress, but not civies.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep
My soft assess drill instruction was so horrible. I could have just just spun on the ground and would have gotten the same score.

edit: included a gif for better visualization

Flanker fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 20, 2012

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

Flanker posted:

My soft assess drill instruction was so horrible. I could have just just spun on the ground and would have gotten the same score.

Guy in my syndicate could not for the life of him say "syndicate" so always called us "Delta Squad" and he still passed...not the hardest course in the world.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

compressioncut posted:

Guy in my syndicate could not for the life of him say "syndicate" so always called us "Delta Squad" and he still passed...not the hardest course in the world.

I was the first to go, with literally no training and no practice. I did some remedial training, hard assess shouldn't be a big deal. Downhill from there, I have no problems teaching lectures.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Flanker posted:

I was the first to go, with literally no training and no practice. I did some remedial training, hard assess shouldn't be a big deal. Downhill from there, I have no problems teaching lectures.

I'm literally the worst dress, deportment and drill soldier in battalion and I scored a 99 out of 100 on my drill assess. It's just knowing the sequence and the words of command and you score 90's on every assess.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Has anyone here written a PLAR for anything? I can't find the reference or paperwork or anything for the process.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

tuyop posted:

Has anyone here written a PLAR for anything? I can't find the reference or paperwork or anything for the process.

Canadian Defence Academy DIN site, although when I wanted the docs last year all the goddamn links to them were broken. In the end I just did it by message, although I was really straightforward (PLQ for BMOQ credit). I may have the message kicking around.

edit - no, I don't

compressioncut fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 22, 2012

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

compressioncut posted:

Canadian Defence Academy DIN site, although when I wanted the docs last year all the goddamn links to them were broken. In the end I just did it by message, although I was really straightforward (PLQ for BMOQ credit). I may have the message kicking around.

edit - no, I don't

Alright cool, I'll just do a standard memo then, I'm sure the chief clerk here will give me the right paperwork. I was worried that having PLQ written off for CAP would be a problem.

HammerOfHope
Apr 21, 2003

Pounding away since 1984.
There's a DAOD on CF Training Equivalency that outlines the PLAR process, I don't recall the number though.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

HammerOfHope posted:

There's a DAOD on CF Training Equivalency that outlines the PLAR process, I don't recall the number though.

5031-1

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

compressioncut posted:

5031-1

Awesome, thanks for that.

Gay but Spooky
Oct 25, 2005
HMCS Victoria doing some stuff

http://vimeo.com/37181280

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Red Beaver posted:

Lookit all those submariners acting all professional in front of the cameras! :)

Heh, and wow an official navy vimeo channel, weird.

Here's me coming home last sunday:
https://vimeo.com/37089679
(I think I saw myself in there somewhere hauling on a line...)

drat, that was a really really long seven months... Longest. Deployment. Ever. (or so it felt)

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
Hi all, I just discovered this thread and wanted to introduce myself to fellow CF goons.

I've been at BFC Bagotville as a MSE-OP since 2005. After 7 years I still have the pride and fire of when I started. My girlfriend is doing her Basic Training as a Clerk this spring, that should be an interesting challenge. She's use of me going away but the other way around will be weird.

Anyways, just posting to say hello and will keep on checking this thread out.

Cheers!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Frog 1.0 posted:

Hi all, I just discovered this thread and wanted to introduce myself to fellow CF goons.

I've been at BFC Bagotville as a MSE-OP since 2005. After 7 years I still have the pride and fire of when I started. My girlfriend is doing her Basic Training as a Clerk this spring, that should be an interesting challenge. She's use of me going away but the other way around will be weird.

Anyways, just posting to say hello and will keep on checking this thread out.

Cheers!

Tell her to enjoy CFSAL in Borden, and I hope she likes being anal retentive.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

MA-Horus posted:

I thought Borden was pretty chilled out.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish

MA-Horus posted:

Oh yeah don't worry I know how CFSAL can be. My QL5 was 6 weeks of pretending it's World War 2 with no budget and unmotivated instructors.

Good Times.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Flanker posted:

I thought Borden was pretty chilled out.

Borden, yes. CFSAL and specifically RMSCLK ql3/5s they want you tone super anal retentive. Everything must be identical and perfect.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

My condolences to everyone at RMC. :(

I hope everyone there is doing okay. My ex-girlfriend's there, and is really upset over the loss of her friend. :(

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

My condolences to everyone at RMC. :(

I hope everyone there is doing okay. My ex-girlfriend's there, and is really upset over the loss of her friend. :(

What happened? Cant find anything on the news.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mr.48 posted:

What happened? Cant find anything on the news.

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3487317

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Just in case anyone was wondering Artic Ram really sucked. Cold and boring and there's a surprisingly large Asian population in Yellowknife.

At least Northern Lights were awesome.

Ghostpilots
Sep 24, 2004

Vigilant Sidekick

Samu posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering Artic Ram really sucked. Cold and boring and there's a surprisingly large Asian population in Yellowknife.

I saw a bunch of you guys coming back through Whitecourt a couple of days ago- everyone looked like they were more than ready to go home. Stay warm

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
My brother gave me a ring yesterday telling me all the fun he had. I guess whistling at the Northern Lights is bad? Some of his guys lost stuff, got diesel in the eye and other crappy stuff mere hours after whistling at them.

My Spirit Otter posted:

Ask how many times they had to call recovery, please

He said too many times. In the LAV's on Ice video his is the one broken down.

Fraser CDN fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 4, 2012

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Red Beaver posted:

That Video was taken during the middle of workups... everyone was running on two hours of sleep and had to glad hand the CDS and Commander RCN. Fun.

mr_selfdestruct
Jul 6, 2004

Samu posted:

Fully agreed. Its been 42 days and i am still here. Luckily i dont have to drive the LS back, i get to fly home.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
Another PLQ weekend down. Got 84 on my hard assess drill lesson. 91 on my Knowledge lesson. I was so goddamn stressed about it, but it led me to prep harder.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!
Man do I love reading army.ca some days (most other times it makes me very angry)

quote:

I have cardiomyopathy, and require biweekly shots to substitute for daily medication to slow my heart rate. Will this automatically exclude me from the air force/combat positions?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

compressioncut posted:

Man do I love reading army.ca some days (most other times it makes me very angry)

To be fair, even with cardiomyopathy he is probably still in better shape than most sergeants.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

My Spirit Otter posted:

To be fair, even with cardiomyopathy he is probably still in better shape than most sergeants.

:argh:

:canada:

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
I just got a memo approved to do a couple of marathons. That means I have permanent PT on my own, aka 9:30 first timing every day for 5 months. gently caress yeah.

I want to run a half in may, full in August, mountain man competition in September then the Marine Corps marathon in the Fall. Then Spring 2013 I`ll try my hand at CSOR and if I don`t make it I`m out by January 2014. Woo hoo.

Morristron
Nov 20, 2010
Samu, having watched you post since you were in training I'd like to say that I've noticed that

1) Somehow you're still keen
2) You are apparently fit
3) Most importantly, you don't seem to be retarded or a mouth-breathing dickhead

Assuming you aren't a lazy cocksucker, I think you should probably get promoted so we have a chance to spread some of that good around before you are made bitter.

Can someone promote this rear end in a top hat, please?

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing
Wasting the one advanced promotion in your career going from Pte->Cpl is an awful idea.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

I`m actually a huge goofball so some people hate me but I`ve always had really good PDRs from Exs and stuff. I`m currently trying to organize getting people together to get their weapons licences and putting together a Regimental paintball team.

Thanks for the compliment, but short of going SF nothings going to keep me in the army.

Morristron
Nov 20, 2010

mdivi posted:

Wasting the one advanced promotion in your career going from Pte->Cpl is an awful idea.

That's a good point, actually.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

mdivi posted:

What if you just... Stay there?

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing

Samu posted:

Thanks for the compliment, but short of going SF nothings going to keep me in the army.

Join the airforce and enjoy life!

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How long does it usually take for all the administrative work to be done in order for someone to get released?

I am the only RMS Clerk remaining at my unit since 2008, and by summer time, I'll be working with the new chief clerk. Only about a two years ago, we had 5 staff, but it'll be shrinking down to two (myself included). I earned my QL3 in summer 2010, and until recently, I've mainly been doing data entry on HRMS and processing education reimbursements.

Lately though, I've been trying to tackle the growing plague of releases that have yet to be processed. We have members who stopped parading for +2 years since they signed release papers, but apparently not everything that's required from the APM-245 release checklist. There's a guy whose release was requested effective spring of 2010, with the checklist stating everything was OK, but I discovered the voluntary application was missing. A new one has to be sent to the new CO with an effective release date a month from today since backdating's not allowed. I am half expecting to find a member whose release delay will actually push him/her for retirement gratuity entitlement, when they otherwise wouldn't have had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

After watching some videos on the various trades from the forces website, I came to the conclusion that a lot of the jobs don't look that bad all. Then I watched the infantry one.

Oh god the lies.