Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I like Daichi. He gets a couple of cool moments.

Though I can't stand Keita beacuse he's pretty much Nikaido from the last game minus any redeemable qualities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I really liked DS1, DS2 could be a worse game and I'll probably still like it.

Wonder if they'll do a rerelease though.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Just in case anyone here is interested in the Persona 4 fighting game but doesn't peruse the thread for it, here is every characters Instant Kill super (except for the new robot girl).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpD-LZ2J2Pg

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Justice posted:

Is there a Devil Survivor 2 thread yet? Lots of spoilers on this page.

There isn't. Someone should make one though, this thread is getting kind of difficult to read.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Just in case anyone here is interested in the Persona 4 fighting game but doesn't peruse the thread for it, here is every characters Instant Kill super (except for the new robot girl).

I..I think this is the first time I welcome the inclusion of dlc characters in a fighting game.

I like to imagine Fumi just has aspergers.
vvv

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 5, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I can't stand Fumi (or any character like her). I'm on sixth day and don't see her getting any less awful. Her awkward body type combined with her contorted spine posture makes her painful to look at. Add in her perfect blend of internet libertarian political views, a social stunted misanthropist and being a stereotypical super hacker makes me really dislike her.

Keita is also worthless but he's a lot easier to ignore since he doesn't really matter. I'm glad this time I have the choice of a strength based character that isn't annoying like Kaido was. Jungo is pretty great.

DrManiac posted:

I..I think this is the first time I welcome the inclusion of dlc characters in a fighting game.

I'm seriously crossing my fingers for some...

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 5, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man I wish this would've looked as smooth as Blazblue.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DrManiac posted:

The boss music is ok for being the Theme of Fatal KO but it somewhat lacks the punch of YOU WA SHOCK!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man I wish this would've looked as smooth as Blazblue.

That video is pretty bad quality, the animation is actually a fair bit better than BB, as are the graphics as a whole.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That video is pretty bad quality, the animation is actually a fair bit better than BB, as are the graphics as a whole.
That's amazing to hear, really wanna see this in person now

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well, the number of frames per move is pretty much the same, but P4A moves a lot faster so it's less noticeable. More importantly though, the sprites are just drawn a hell of a lot better and the designs are better (especially when you consider the Personas as well).

There are some uploaded snippets in 1080p where you can better see how it looks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9DgvTk1P8c

Unfortunately I don't think anyone has upped any match videos above 360p yet. These are pretty good visual quality, though they're still at 360p: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTgFnNlFxIc

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

There are some uploaded snippets in 1080p where you can better see how it looks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9DgvTk1P8c

It looks like Naoto combo's into her Instant kill in that video.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

LibbyM posted:

It looks like Naoto combo's into her Instant kill in that video.

That isn't her specific instant kill move though.

Naoto's gimmick is that opponents have skulls that she reduces somehow(someone who has been reading the thread can probably explain exactly how) and if she uses Mudo on an opponent who has no skulls it's an instant kill.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

OneDeadman posted:

Naoto's gimmick is that opponents have skulls that she reduces somehow(someone who has been reading the thread can probably explain exactly how) and if she uses Mudo on an opponent who has no skulls it's an instant kill.

That's reassuring to hear. I haven't really been following the game at all so I was unaware of Naoto's gimmick.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I love that Chie just galactic punts people. It's great.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

OneDeadman posted:

Yeah, Naoto actually has 3 different Instant Kill moves. One "normal" one, and then Mudo and Hama which are her special ones that she can use when the enemy is at 0 skulls.

Taking off skulls seems to be based strictly on the moves you hit with, no special properties like there are in HnK.

Gunshots = 1 Skull
Traps = 3 Skulls
Throw = 2 Skulls
R Action = 2 Skulls
Rocket Super = 2 Skulls

You start with 13 skulls. At the end of a round, you get back half of what you were missing. If you get IKed, you get back all of them.

The usage conditions for the "normal" IKs that everyone has, is that you need to be point on match point, and they cost 100 SP to use. They are very slow and obvious, but seem to all be completely invincible, so they may have some situational use.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Been playing DS2 and do far I like the writing of the characters, whereas the art is lovely, but that's that particular artist for you; it's the same in everything he has ever done. Joe is my favorite, even though he isn't that great in battle.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Joe is a fast, spell-user. Make sure you aren't using him for physical combat, as his stats are useless in that regard.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The usage conditions for the "normal" IKs that everyone has, is that you need to be point on match point, and they cost 100 SP to use. They are very slow and obvious, but seem to all be completely invincible, so they may have some situational use.
Watching the video Yosuke used his to punish Chie after her anti-air kick, so I can definitely see them being used from time to time.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Got to Day 6 on DS2 now. Managed to Crack Drain and get the MC to 40 Magic, so I'm on the lookout for Holy Dance now. The battle on Day 5 with Bifronz was pretty funny, I managed to beat him down in the first turn and Crack three skills at once off his team. Actually, that's where I got Drain I think.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Can you get by in Persona 4 by just randomly fusing your demons? I haven't bothered to look up how to do it properly and have been sorta winging it. So far I'm doing alright but I'm worried down the road I might be in trouble.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I thought Kuma had the best of all of them.

But this definitely came in a close second.

RjY posted:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Douche Bag posted:

Can you get by in Persona 4 by just randomly fusing your demons? I haven't bothered to look up how to do it properly and have been sorta winging it. So far I'm doing alright but I'm worried down the road I might be in trouble.

Yeah, pretty much. There might be times where there's demons around your level that really help, but you shouldn't worry about having the exactly correct set. As long as you fuse often and make sure you have lots of different combinations for spells and resistances, you're good.

Edit: Something I just thought of, in Devil Survivor 2, can I use the joint cracking to get multiple spells off one single demon? I've gotten to the second Fumi fight with that level 37 rear end in a top hat with ??? hp and I'm trying to figure out a strategy.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 6, 2012

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Momomo posted:

Edit: Something I just thought of, in Devil Survivor 2, can I use the joint cracking to get multiple spells off one single demon?

Yes, you can. It's the bee's knees.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

Yes, you can. It's the bee's knees.

Yeah, with most bosses, you're just going to end up cracking all their skills at once by having the main character kill it. It's great.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Can someone tell me what exactly I get for a New Game+ in Devil Survivor 2?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

Can someone tell me what exactly I get for a New Game+ in Devil Survivor 2?

There is a list of goals called Titles that you get points for after clearing a game. You get points for beating the game, getting different endings, maxing Fate with companions and also harder goals like never using Free Battles or having no unit leaders die. Points are cumulative between playthroughs. You can select various bonuses like keeping all Cracked Skills, transferring over demons, removing the EXP scaling, removing the fusing limit, and Compendium discounts, plus some optional bosses that will show up if you use your points on them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

MotU posted:

There is a list of goals called Titles that you get points for after clearing a game. You get points for beating the game, getting different endings, maxing Fate with companions and also harder goals like never using Free Battles or having no unit leaders die. Points are cumulative between playthroughs. You can select various bonuses like keeping all Cracked Skills, transferring over demons, removing the EXP scaling, removing the fusing limit, and Compendium discounts, plus some optional bosses that will show up if you use your points on them.

Oh, right. I heard they did something like that for Overclocked too.

That's a pretty interesting mechanic - I wonder why more games don't try it.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target
I thought this might be interesting information to you guys, but Atlus is taking the reins of the SMT Imagine MMO in April.

It seems like a good game, but I've never played a proper SMT besides Devil Survivor so what do I know.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Douche Bag posted:

If you just focus on fusing the highest level personas you can you'll probably do fine. There was only one point in the game where I found myself fusing a persona for a specific task and it allowed me to breeze through it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Are the bonuses cumulative? Like if I remove fusion limits after my first playthrough, will it be like for every subsequent playthrough from then on, or will I have to buy it again?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

TurnipFritter posted:

Are the bonuses cumulative? Like if I remove fusion limits after my first playthrough, will it be like for every subsequent playthrough from then on, or will I have to buy it again?

You will have to buy it again but your points will be refunded.

Let's say you unlock in your first game:

Beat it First Time: 60 Pts
Got an Ending: 40 Pts

And you bought things totally 100 points.

Then you beat it again and have:

Beat it First Time: 60 Pts
Got an Ending: 40 Pts
Got a Different Ending: 40 Pts

You now can spend 140 points on your next playthough, but you need to repurchase things

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

psychoticBacofoil posted:

I thought this might be interesting information to you guys, but Atlus is taking the reins of the SMT Imagine MMO in April.

It seems like a good game, but I've never played a proper SMT besides Devil Survivor so what do I know.

Oh my god, really? Maybe... maybe they can make it good again? :ohdear:

e: Ahahaha, oh poo poo, thank you SO MUCH for telling me that this was happening.

quote:

All players that have been active between February 1st (2012) and April 7th will have everything associated with their account transferred to Atlus’ US servers.

I'd honestly hate to lose my lv91 character even though i don't play anymore. :v:

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Technique posted:

I'd honestly hate to lose my lv91 character even though i don't play anymore. :v:

Atlus Announcement posted:

New Users Event (3/1—Launch): New users who register during the launch period with ATLUS ONLINE will be entered to win special in-game and physical prizes. Keep checking the site for more details!
You sure about that? :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

psychoticBacofoil posted:

You sure about that? :v:

Well, i'll just make a second account. v:v:v

Seriously though, maybe, just MAYBE, Atlus can turn that game around, and polish the turd until it reveals the gem beneath all the layers of crap.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Momomo posted:

So I'm on day 2 of Devil Survivor 2, is going as a Physical MC viable? People said avoid it like the plague in the first one, but I did it there too and didn't have very much trouble. Right now, it seems really good that I can one-shot some of the weaker demons, but will this come back to bite me?

Momomo posted:

I've gotten to the second Fumi fight with that level 37 rear end in a top hat with ??? hp and I'm trying to figure out a strategy.

Hey guys, guess what's come back to bite me in the rear end? :bang: Did anyone actually manage to kill this guy?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Momomo posted:

Hey guys, guess what's come back to bite me in the rear end? :bang: Did anyone actually manage to kill this guy?

If you can't just wipe him with a Dance team (Io or Joe), then kill his demons and drain away his MP. He will spam Shield-All so he will only have a few rounds in him. Same him for close to the end, break the cell phones first. If you have Evil Wave or Chaos Wave you can fight him from range and he won't use Shield-All. Try to have a team that isn't weak to Electric, resist it if possible.

Also I don't think he resists Ice, so if you have a choice use Ice Dance and hope for a freeze

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm curious, what ending did everybody go for on their first playthrough of DS2? Personally I went with the Anguished one, because I'm a sucker for the neutral or whatever you'd call it path in SMT games.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I went with for Ronaldo, as I hated Yamato, felt Daichi had no real ideas beyond "don't fight" and I felt that Ronaldo was ultimately a rather stand up guy. I also didn't get the anguished one's ending, because I barely talked to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I went for Yamato because while he is a jerk, his plan made sense and I kind of liked his take on it, since he is establishing a system that doesn't really benefit himself, and in essence would actually works against him in some ways.