Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Hi how do I buy xbox 360 DLC please help. Want the extra character before I start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.
I pre-ordered the CE from buy.com but they apparently have it "on back order". I was under the impression that the CE would be in limited supply and not restockable once it's sold out. Does anyone know if CE will continue to available? My order seems questionable so I'm considering canceling it and just getting the standard digital.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Amish Ninja posted:

I pre-ordered the CE from buy.com but they apparently have it "on back order". I was under the impression that the CE would be in limited supply and not restockable once it's sold out. Does anyone know if CE will continue to available? My order seems questionable so I'm considering canceling it and just getting the standard digital.

I hear a lot of stores are getting some more because of the situation with Game.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Hey so it's pretty awesome how I can't import any of my saves from ME2. Not like it's the primary feature of the series or something!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

It's making the rounds on Twitter that we first meet Emily Wong as she's doing a story on dangerous air traffic control situations, and then dies in a dangerous air traffic situation.

Nice.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Crappy Jack posted:

It's making the rounds on Twitter that we first meet Emily Wong as she's doing a story on dangerous air traffic control situations, and then dies in a dangerous air traffic situation.

Nice.

Her only experience with death is people slamming into the Citadel, so it's not surpising she thinks that humans die 'at ramming speed'.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Crappy Jack posted:

Nice.

Show some respect. She crashed her skyvan into a Reaper like a true war hero. :patriot:

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Its also really out of place to hear shepard give exposition on who he is talking to if they were in the previous games. "Oh I remember you, you're..."

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Ugh. Dammit.

There's a map hole in the normandy cockpit, a small recess to the right of joker. Just got stuck and save/reload didn't help, gonna have to load the autosave.

Edit: haven't been able to reproduce the issue--probably related to where I was standing when I initiated conversation with Joker.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 6, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
You know what's awesome? The DLC not being on Xbox Live. Guess I'm just playing MP tonight.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Milky Moor posted:

Show some respect. She crashed her skyvan into a Reaper like a true war hero. :patriot:

Sorry. I guess I said something Wong.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

The Gate posted:

Hey so it's pretty awesome how I can't import any of my saves from ME2. Not like it's the primary feature of the series or something!

If you have a cloud save, transfer it back to your console.

Ridiculous that they just found that bug, but whatever.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I guess my starter pack loot was a consolation prize for not being able to get the DLC. Hello Asari Vanguard.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Dan Didio posted:

I hear a lot of stores are getting some more because of the situation with Game.

Target emailed me tonight saying my CE Preorder was DELAYED, but Amazon has them back in it seems.

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008
I don't know if this has been posted yet but you can get a free in-game weapon at alienware arena. You just need an account.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway

still 7000 keys left.

M90 Indra Sniper Rifle

quote:

The Indra's low-powered scope leaves it most effective at medium range, but many soldiers believe this limitation is offset by the gun's rapid rate of fire. The Indra is the first military-grade, fully automatic sniper rifle. It has an extremely efficient heat-sink system that allows a surprisingly large number of shots to be fired before the weapon ejects its thermal clip.

Is the weapon you get.

Edit: PC-Bros only. Thanks for Milky Moor for reminding me.

ObesePriest fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 6, 2012

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Biotic Charge + Heavy Melee = :black101:

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
I'm just on the second mission, and I'm surprised at how much talking everyone's doing out of cutscenes. Actually having to stop and listen so I don't miss anything important. Plus the dialogue is pretty good, already got some funny banter.

Don't even know when I'll get around to playing some MP. Wanna eat up the story all day long.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just a heads up, the 360 metatag EDIpous Wrex has been full for awhile now, but I believe someone else created a second one cleverly titles EDIpous Wreav, so you might want to add that to the OP as well. I don't think too many of us will be jumping right into MP anyway, but it'd be nice information for folks to have.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ObesePriest posted:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but you can get a free in-game weapon at alienware arena. You just need an account.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway

still 7000 keys left.

M90 Indra Sniper Rifle

Is the weapon you get.

PC-only codes by the sounds of it. That sucks.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Has anyone that bought the regular edition been able to download the DLC? For me it is alternating between being unavailable to buy and giving me an error when I try to buy it.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Wow, it seems the importer can't find my face code, meaning I have to start a new Shepard from scratch. I can't remember what I did in 2007! This is a huge bummer.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Lawlicaust posted:

Has anyone that bought the regular edition been able to download the DLC? For me it is alternating between being unavailable to buy and giving me an error when I try to buy it.

I have the CE and despite having installed it, it just tells me it's corrupted when starting the game. Even a repair doesn't fix it.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Mars Mission. Stuck in place after the tram activation. Reproduceable in that it happens every time I get to that point, without fail.

And there is absolutely zero information about it currently anywhere that I can find on the internet.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Forgot about this game entirely till a friend asked why I was not at gamestop. Said gently caress it and bought it from Amazon, downloaded it from amazon and now I am having to download it again from orgin. WTF was that 10 gig download for in the first place then.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm so :mad: my face won't import like wtf?

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Is an imported character supposed to start out with 59 skill points? I wasn't expecting to be able to max almost every skill at the very beginning. Apologies if it's been asked already.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
^^^^You got loving points?? They translated my skills from ME2 exactly and gave me spares...
Also nice touch evolving my "Heavy Incinerate" into the +2 meter build. Yes, I spec'd into more damage versus AoE last time so you should definitely give me the exact opposite in this game.

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 6, 2012

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Edit: nm. Origin is still dumb though.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 6, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Goodchild posted:

Is an imported character supposed to start out with 59 skill points? I wasn't expecting to be able to max almost every skill at the very beginning. Apologies if it's been asked already.

Yep, the game surprising remembers your level in ME2. I was level 31 in ME2 and started that way in ME2. Also hard-core in this game is way harder then ME2. Grenade guys and turrets can go just go gently caress off.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

zxqv8 posted:

Mars Mission. Stuck in place after the tram activation. Reproduceable in that it happens every time I get to that point, without fail.

And there is absolutely zero information about it currently anywhere that I can find on the internet.

Quoting myself so the fix for this is more noticeable. If you experience this, order a squadmate to move somewhere, you should then be un-stuck.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Anyone playing on Insanity on the first run through? If so, how is it so far? Since it sounds like you get a load of skill points right away if you import, it shouldn't be too bad. I'll be playing an Engineer.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have the CE and despite having installed it, it just tells me it's corrupted when starting the game. Even a repair doesn't fix it.

Yeah, lots of people are reporting major dlc issues on every system. Fun times.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Goodchild posted:

No, seriously why the gently caress do you have points? I'm actually really mad about this.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ugh. Welp, it seems the A-12 Raider is indeed not available for 360. gently caress. Thanks for nothing Origin.

I heard you could get a swanky jacket for having played the demo but saw no hints as to how to unlock it. Any ideas?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Amateur Saboteur posted:

No, seriously why the gently caress do you have points? I'm actually really mad about this.

If you import a high enough character from ME2 you should. If you don't then you've got an import bug.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Amateur Saboteur posted:

I couldn't tell you, I downloaded one of the saves on the masseffect save website, and I ended up with this fat stack of free skill points.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

13Pandora13 posted:

If you import a high enough character from ME2 you should. If you don't then you've got an import bug.
No, he explained it. If you import some community save he has all his points up for grabs therefore no ranks to transfer therefore 1 million points instead of only 30 like I got.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

I imported my level 31 ME1->ME2 Vanguard...some of my skills had points in them but the game gave me about 29 to spare, I think.

:iiam:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh, weird.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I think I'll try a different save, I'm worried that 59 free points will completely unbalance the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
So, am I the only one having launch problems? I click play from origin, load for a second and then.. nothing happens! I'm sorry if I missed this being discussed, but does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I've checked google and found nothing, unfortunately.

• Locked thread