Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

Now I have to beat this insanity run of ME2 before it arrives. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is the game better optimized compared to the demo? I'm assuming the PS3 version is much improved?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Eurogamer Review is up

10/10

Is it safe to say that all complaints and fears have been put to rest?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Al-Saqr posted:

Eurogamer Review is up

10/10

A highly anticipated game getting super high review scores? Well I'll never.

EDIT: Not to say whether or not it's good, but what with GAMES JOURNALISM, it actually gets kinda hard to trust review scores.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Wait did you guys actually expect a review site to give a EA/Bioware game less than 9.0/10, even if it was complete poo poo? Not saying ME3 is, but review sites wouldn't say it even if it were.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Al-Saqr posted:

Eurogamer Review is up

10/10

This just confirms them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Crappy Jack posted:

A highly anticipated game getting super high review scores? Well I'll never.

EDIT: Not to say whether or not it's good, but what with GAMES JOURNALISM, it actually gets kinda hard to trust review scores.

I dunno I mean I heard that Eurogamer is tough and unpredictable with their reviews, so if they like it surely it's something.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Or maybe the game really is good and you goons who are dying to hate on the game (and are already doing it by spoilering everything without seeing context) cant stand being wrong?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Al-Saqr posted:

Eurogamer Review is up

10/10

Just for fun, I have to do this:

Same review, same site.

Not quite the same game.

8/10

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Now I have to beat this insanity run of ME2 before it arrives. :haw:

Huh, looks like mine just made it to there too; must be some sort of central distribution node I guess. I admit I was getting rather nervous about my on-release delivery considering it started rather late Monday in Phoenix, AZ (while I'm on the East Coast) but I guess it's been planned for. Probably won't have a chance to play until the evening though.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Charlie Mopps posted:

Or maybe the game really is good and you goons who are dying to hate on the game (and are already doing it by spoilering everything without seeing context) cant stand being wrong?

Not at all, it really is just a mediocre cover shooter. People say this poo poo about eurogamer being the only "legitimate" major game reviewers out there but uh having huge Mass Effect 3 banner ads on your website doesn't scream unbiased.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
What I want to know is how in the hell does that hamster stay alive for 6+ months running free on a ship getting refitted?.

Really ruined the immersion for me :mad:

Also, I'm getting random hilarious ragdoll glitches/behaviors. Like when Shep and Liara are chatting in her cabin, they both turn their heads all the way to the right and left.

Otherwise, the game is goddamn gorgeous.

What the hell did they do to my ship though??

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Some more reviews:

The verge 10/10

Giant Bomb 4/5

1up A

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Jeff review from Giantbomb is probably a good metric if you're still on the fence, so long as you ignore the score anc actually read the article. He's probably being pretty forgiving to some of it's flaws, as he's one to do for series he likes, as anyone is. But he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and is pretty reliable if you have similar taste.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki

Ash1138 posted:

I think you're right. I also think I should've switched to Vanguard because spamming incinerate while my squad's powers take ten years to cool down isn't very fun at all apart from getting more kills for the Pyromaniac achievement.

I just got to the citadel and I'm going to start again as Vanguard. Infiltrator just felt so dull this time around. Ick.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

OAquinas posted:

Also, I'm getting random hilarious ragdoll glitches/behaviors. Like when Shep and Liara are chatting in her cabin, they both turn their heads all the way to the right and left.

Much like in ME2, the tile grout used at the intersection of the Normandy's floors and walls is just absolutely loving fascinating.

Lucifa
Feb 9, 2005

Has anyone from UK/EU managed to unlock their PC version early and if so how?
I assume use of a VPN etc

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Then again Jeff is the man that gave syndicate 5 stars and thought the single player to it was awesome.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Then again Jeff is the man that gave syndicate 5 stars and thought the single player to it was awesome.

He has some duds occassionally, but pound for pound, Giantbomb in general is a far more reliable source than most other game sites.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpj3dy9ALQ0

TOBUSCUS has done a literal trailer.....Ladybugs drat you all

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

He has some duds occassionally, but pound for pound, Giantbomb in general is a far more reliable source than most other game sites.

Oh yeah, agree with you there. Wish more websites were like giant bomb tbh.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

OAquinas posted:

What I want to know is how in the hell does that hamster stay alive for 6+ months running free on a ship getting refitted?.

Really ruined the immersion for me :mad:

Otherwise, the game is goddamn gorgeous.

What the hell did they do to my ship though??

No need to tag Liara, everybody knows she's in the game. I noticed the same thing and it's because they both turn their heads to focus on the drone when it speaks. Then they just continue to look at it for the rest of the conversation.

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone else having their reputation blank when importing characters from ME2?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Every part of the game with the kid is just so bad. And then he starts talking...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, that's a helpful reminder: Spoilering 101; don't just block out your whole sentence/paragraph whatever, because then no one knows what you're spoiling, so leave some kind of indicator of what's being spoilt, thank you and goodnight.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I don't know how anyone is expecting this game to get a bad review. I feel like ME3 is a good game by itself but it feels like a slap in the face the to people who played the first two games and imported their characters each time. Decisions that we made aren't incorporated into the 3rd game and they've toned down elements so people can just start on the 3rd game. I only played for about 2 hours but the talk at the council I kept on waiting for a choice in dialogue to pop up and I got maybe one or two chances. That's it. I haven't played enough to actually form an opinion on the game but I'll love it just because it's Mass Effect. I'm just a little disappointed with what Bioware gave us so far. Still, it could be worse!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Nobody is going to give this game less than 9 out of 10 because that means they will be losing EA ad money.

--

The most annoying thing in this game is that loving force field thing that takes 5 seconds to walk through right before the bridge room of normandy.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Hey, does anyone know where you pick up Tali? I've gotten like 5 hours in and still no sign of her.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Dan Didio posted:

Most of the time, yes, but they do have some games they obsess over, tending to dismiss anything else available at the same time (Skyrim, Saints Row 3). Also, they tend to be too forgiving to games of their friends (but the same is true for Eurogamer and games made in UK).

keyframe posted:

Nobody is going to give this game less than 9 out of 10 because that means they will be losing EA ad money.

Or because it is a really good game. At least that's my impression after 5h.

quote:

The most annoying thing in this game is that loving force field thing that takes 5 seconds to walk through right before the bridge room of normandy.

It's actually a hidden loading screen.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I don't know how anyone is expecting this game to get a bad review. I feel like ME3 is a good game by itself but it feels like a slap in the face the to people who played the first two games and imported their characters each time. Decisions that we made aren't incorporated into the 3rd game and they've toned down elements so people can just start on the 3rd game. I only played for about 2 hours but the talk at the council I kept on waiting for a choice in dialogue to pop up and I got maybe one or two chances. That's it. I haven't played enough to actually form an opinion on the game but I'll love it just because it's Mass Effect. I'm just a little disappointed with what Bioware gave us so far. Still, it could be worse!

Its ok to not like it even though its mass effect. You can say its not a good game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Decius posted:

Most of the time, yes, but they do have some games they obsess over, tending to dismiss anything else available at the same time (Skyrim, Saints Row 3). Also, they tend to be too forgiving to games of their friends (but the same is true for Eurogamer and games made in UK).

Absolutely, they are still primarily personalities, I think, and they're not magically better, more critical, or detached reviewers. They're just a better metric by which to judge and usually, an interesting, if not particularly deep, point of view to glimpse through.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Decius posted:

Or because it is a really good game. At least that's my impression after 5h.

I am also 5 hours in and its no 10/10. But whatever, glad you like it.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Got this in a gamestop midnight launch. Probably 50 people waiting inside the mall at midnight in the middle of long island.

I am seriously LOVING the combat, it feels much much better than ME2 and the main reason is the kinect voice controls. You don't have to pause every three seconds to command your teammates. Hell, I blazed through the previous two MEs without even issuing a single order to my team. In this one I keep shouting at Liara to warp/statis/singularity left and right.

Oh, can you can voice-control your way through dialogues too.

And it works really really well (with the exception of switching to my shotgun since the kinect doesn't recognize my lovely eastern europe accent for that word).

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Okay, so I'm a tiny bit pumped now because Rock, Paper, Shotgun's review was mostly positive, and I trust the guy who wrote it not to tell huge lies.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
There is a god drat poker table in the area that was Kasumi's room. If there is a scene with a Star Trek Next Generation reference I will be able to die a happy man.

Also loved the shooting range on the Citadel. There are a lot of little details that are making this loving awesome for me.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'm just a little disappointed with what Bioware gave us so far. Still, it could be worse!

In all honesty, this was the most likely outcome to begin with. They aren't gonna hit this one out of the park like they've done in the past; in even the best-case scenario, the structural issues that have been showing for the past four years are kinda starting to compound on themselves, and while they might be aware of problems awareness is not a substitute for a solution.

Game ain't gonna be terrible, but it's going to have some serious flaws that only the deeply devoted will be able to overlook. It will get its 9/10s, its 5/5s, and its host of reviewers competing to come up with the best tagline to be slapped on the inevitable Mass Effect 3: Ultimate Edition. And in a month or two, player opinions should stabilize around 'not what it could have been, and not what it should have been, but if you can set aside (THING THAT WAS INDIVIDUAL PERSON'S WAIT WHAT THE gently caress MOMENT) it's an alright game.'

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

My friend already has her copy installed and scored some free stuff from the release she went to.
Ugh. Waiting for my copy to show up is going to be nigh intolerable.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Anyone know how long it is? I'm a bit on the fence, its fun but what were they thinking with the story. Also normal is too easy and hardcore is artificially hard because of the turrets and grenades that blow you up in one hit.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I just was wondering, I'm installing it now after having just finished my renegade import, do I need to do anything special to get the Kingdom of Amalur items? They don't show up under DLC or anything, I haven't actually fired up the game yet but I was just wondering if anyone else on XBox has noticed or cared whats up with those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

doctor 7 posted:

This needs resolution ASAP. Infiltrator without Sniper slowdown is no good. :(

I'm getting the no slo-mo bug too. Playing many hours of the multiplayer demo has trained me to the point where I barely miss it though, hardcore feels like a cakewalk so far.

• Locked thread