Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

This panel made me grin. I love that she can't help but set things on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Oh goodness. I just started this up today and I'm only about to where she's riding with the Imperial Legion soldier to Kvatch and being told the magic of ~Sigrid~ but this is absolutely fantastic. It's all the good parts of MSPA with a healthy dose of Elder Scrolls-jokes wedged in alongside a great sense of humor.

Still waiting on the eventual sweetroll joke, although seeing this take on a meme was hilarious:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The air lute solo looks an awful lot like Kid Radd :v:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Pakled posted:

The air lute solo looks an awful lot like Kid Radd :v:

But who doesn't like Kid Radd?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Guess Kaz is making up for lost time. A couple of sequence problems with the flash, though:

If you try opening the door right at the beginning or if you go to the storage room first, there are several references to Sigrid even though you haven't met her yet.

Also, "little" was misspelled in the second conversation with her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Is this one of those times where I'm missing out not having played the original Oblivion?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

MikeJF posted:

Is this one of those times where I'm missing out not having played the original Oblivion?

What other Oblivion is there? If you're saying you've only played Skyrim, then sort of. There are a lot of references. If by missing out you mean "will get no enjoyment from it", then probably not; this isn't like a comic version of the game's events.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MikeJF posted:

No. You don't see much of Sigrid in the game.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I feel like I missed something here. The flash starts and I'm supposed to get something for Sigrid because she asked me, but I don' remember anyone asking Katia for something?

Make Venison and Shocking Punch secondary mascots for Prequel tia

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Pakled posted:

No. You don't see much of Sigrid in the game.
Pretty much.
Sigrid, in Oblivion was, well, a simple merchant NPC, albeit one with a Mercantile skill of 100 (possibly one of the reason she is rich in Prequel).
Given what Kazerad already managed to do with other minor NPCs from the game, it's going to be very interesting seeing what he is going to do with her.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Wrist Watch posted:

I feel like I missed something here. The flash starts and I'm supposed to get something for Sigrid because she asked me, but I don' remember anyone asking Katia for something?

Make Venison and Shocking Punch secondary mascots for Prequel tia

For some reason all the text was written under the assumption that you'd go left and talk to Sigrid upstairs before doing pretty much anything. She tells Katia to go fetch an avocado.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

There seems to have been a bug with an event flag from later in the flash starting in the wrong state. It seems to be fixed now, so if you want to go back and see the marginally different text in all its glory, you can.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

E: ^^^^ That explains it. :v:

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

For some reason all the text was written under the assumption that you'd go left and talk to Sigrid upstairs before doing pretty much anything. She tells Katia to go fetch an avocado.

I could have sword when I refreshed the page and went straight to her instead of dicking around I got the "what did you want again?" line instead of the introduction. But checking it now it's fine. :confused:

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos
Scariest thing = releasing a minigame and THEN discovering a crucial trigger error. As others have probably pointed out, it had to do with the door out to Kvatch. It was supposed to change its text depending of you had spoken to Sigrid, but instead it made you think you had spoken to Sigrid. Hopefully not too many people ran into it.

Though I guess this gives me an interesting estimate of how many people immediately tried to leave the building as soon as they entered.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Kaz, did you ever read the old Boxdog threads by Weaver (and I guess the comic? I never read the webcomic that comes up whenever you google Boxdog and honestly don't know whether Weaver did that too)?

Like Prequel, it featured a down-on-her-luck female protagonist with few skills, none of which are particularly profitable. However, it's significantly more depressing. This might be part of the reason why I've never really felt like Katia has ever really had it that bad.

Related to that, I recall you being asked this at some point but I forgot the answer, have you read anything by Weaver? Like, Ruby Quest or something?
I've read Weaver's stuff, yeah. I really admire his cruelty. He's done some Prequel fanart, too; it's on the fanart page somewhere.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
I took a lot more time exploring this flash then the last one. There's not as much to do but I enjoyed myself and liked exploring the guild.

How many weird things are there?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Kazerad posted:

Though I guess this gives me an interesting estimate of how many people immediately tried to leave the building as soon as they entered.

It's me I'm the one who does that in every game

edit: Oh, also, I really liked the music in this one.

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 5, 2012

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Eggie posted:

I took a lot more time exploring this flash then the last one. There's not as much to do but I enjoyed myself and liked exploring the guild.

How many weird things are there?

Seven, it looks like.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Those are some pretty freaky eyes there lady.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

wiegieman posted:

Those are some pretty freaky eyes there lady.

She seems legit.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
As a human, I dearly love corn and therefore strongly approve of her guacamole recipe, at least. That buys her some leeway re: skull barrels and strange chained doors.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I found seven strange things total.

1. Trail of flowers in entrance.
2. Femurs in the storage room.
3. Chained and bloody door in the storage room.
4. Tomes with skulls on them in the storage room.
5. Barrel of skulls in the side room.
6. Shocking Punch and Venison in the side room.
7. The series of paintings in the corridor with the stairs.

8. It didn't pop on the list but is this an easter egg? A burnt portrait of archmage Hannibal Trevan in the painting room.

NeerWas
Dec 13, 2004

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
NOPE nothing strange here.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Did she cast some sort of spell that caused the whole town (and everyone that was in/near it at the time) to be enamored with her? Or perhaps it was a 'one at a time' kind of thing? Katia is probably going to get in trouble here. :ohdear:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Oh please, it's not like Katia's just going to run and join some Magic Woman cult or anything.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

JossiRossi posted:

Oh please, it's not like Katia's just going to run and join some Magic Woman cult or anything.

There are worse cults to join. Given that we actually meet Sigrid in Oblivion.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
Hey, played a lot of Oblivion, but obviously never saw everything. Can someone confirm Sigrid's presence in the actual game, Oblivion spoilers (not sure what's kosher to spoil) she just stands on the road to the ruins of Kvatch and is a merchant, right? Despite an embarrassing amount of time spent on Oblivion, I've never finished the main quest or a number of the major sidequests.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Jervas Dudley posted:

Hey, played a lot of Oblivion, but obviously never saw everything. Can someone confirm Sigrid's presence in the actual game, Oblivion spoilers (not sure what's kosher to spoil) she just stands on the road to the ruins of Kvatch and is a merchant, right? Despite an embarrassing amount of time spent on Oblivion, I've never finished the main quest or a number of the major sidequests.

Yeah.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Sindow posted:

NOPE nothing strange here.

You gotta admit, though, she is pretty cute.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Jervas Dudley posted:

Which, as I mentioned previously, is what it makes this interesting: Kazerad has already managed to flesh out some incredibly minor NPCs, and given that the only Kvatch you see is post-incident, he has a lot of or room to maneuver when writing his story.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 7, 2012

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
In Oblivion you could buy all the food in a shop, mash it into a disgusting gruel, label it "Potion of Restore Fatigue", and then sell it back at 10x cost. It would explain why Sigrid had 100 mercantile by the time the game starts.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Update.

Prequel posted:

Aaaaand she’s got a pitcher of melted cheese mixed with more cheese. She hasn’t come up with a name for that one yet.

She can call it...A POTION OF FIRE RESISTANCE!

Also, I've actually seen the real Ethnic Diversity Mural featured in Problem Sleuth, "The Potluck." Like, I was in Boston for a few days last year, and made it a point to pinpoint its location on google maps and find it. Totally worth it.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 10, 2012

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I'm liking the reference to Problem Sleuth here.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
ahahaha the ethnic diversity mural.

Works as both being creepy as gently caress and an unintrusive problem slueth callback

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
The rainbows are a nice touch.

Impressions on the comic: Sigrid seems decent enough a person, but I'm still on the fence on whether she's evil or not.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

She can call it...A POTION OF FIRE RESISTANCE!

Wait... apples and pears makes a potion of "restore fatigue + damage health". I think Applepear Surprise might be basically the Oblivion version of the poo poo that killed River Phoenix. :stare:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
All looks pretty legit to me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I think she's just really... cloying? Clingy? She's just trying too hard.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sigrid's a nice person who just wants all the races to get along :unsmith:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What if what actually happened is Sigrid's charm spell worked, and now she appears less menacing. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I actually laughed out loud at the full size image of the Diversity Mural. Holy poo poo...

• Locked thread