Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Hypha posted:

Thanks so much! It is 3 am here and I don't care.

Oh darn, I totally forgot that the links *weren't* posted here for some reason. I think these are the ones, if you're still interested in them after getting your sleep:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/26176154

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Transient People posted:

It's a really good thing that it's being uploaded everywhere, because nobody should miss those Marvel games. The whole thing was really solid, like Yipes' comebacks against PR Rog, the whole Raccoonstravaganza, and the hilarious fights between newbie PZ Mihe and Kusoru. It was all good, really.

To be perfectly honest, watching PZ Mihe/Meruru/Sam's Club do his thing has really lit a fire under my rear end in regards to my own Zero play. He's just so much fun to watch, and wait for him to get THE hit in, at which point it's all over for a character. That match vs Chris G was amazing, and I'm so glad he got fourth.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Final Round was unbelievably awesome. THE COON!

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

burntpork posted:

Why you gotta be so cool, Ageojoe? :swoon:

ageojoe/kurosu's on camera antics were just as entertaining as his marvel play

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
I swear he's mocking Mihe in that picture and was pretty much mocking him the whole time. That was great.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Chocolate America posted:

I swear he's mocking Mihe in that picture and was pretty much mocking him the whole time. That was great.

Dude has a Strike Witches stick. I don't think it was mocking so much as going "what the hell, he's a kindred soul, I'll play along."

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

You know, I had this feeling on thursday night that we should've drove to Atlanta.

I've never been so excited, happy, and just plain laughed out loud as much as I just did watching the finals.

Joe sees your bionic arm, and LAUGHS IN ITS FACE.

Wow. Just amazing.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

AnonSpore posted:

Dude has a Strike Witches stick. I don't think it was mocking so much as going "what the hell, he's a kindred soul, I'll play along."

That's a possibility, but if I were at a tournament and I was playing against some Japanese dude who was doing hand gestures distinctive to an American cartoon character or American pop star I would probably mock him.

Yoiu're probably right though.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

That's a possibility, but if I were at a tournament and I was playing against some Japanese dude who was doing hand gestures distinctive to an American cartoon character or American pop star I would probably mock him.
I don't think the analogy entirely works, and also Kusoru is generally a nice guy so I can't imagine he would openly mock someone like that.

There was also a part of his match with Mihe where he got really happy/excited that Mihe was changing the voices to Japanese, it was super kawaii :shobon:

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

I'm pretty sure that they actually became best friends by the end of the set.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Mr. Fun posted:

Friendships forged by love of anime, the best friendship :3:

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Mr. Fun posted:

I hope that's the case. There's already enough dumb hyper-competitive drama between players right now. We need more people who are just chill and wanna play fightgames.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
It didn't look like Kusuro was trying to make fun of people but I was a tiny bit concerned that Yipes would pop off after he put his head in his hands and Kusuro gave him a little hug in the middle of the set.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Team Kusoru is fun to play :hehe:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
The best .gif (and I'm a big ChrisG fan):

Selane
May 19, 2006

Dren posted:

It didn't look like Kusuro was trying to make fun of people but I was a tiny bit concerned that Yipes would pop off after he put his head in his hands and Kusuro gave him a little hug in the middle of the set.

That reminds me, I gained respect for PR Rog when he didn't get salty at all even after losing in the grand finals in such a weird and embarassing fashion. He was a really good sport about it.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

kaujot posted:

The best .gif (and I'm a big ChrisG fan):

Wow that translated to gif way too well.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Selane posted:

That reminds me, I gained respect for PR Rog when he didn't get salty at all even after losing in the grand finals in such a weird and embarassing fashion. He was a really good sport about it.

I thought he was kind of a poor sport for literally humping Mihe, though.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

Team Kusoru is fun to play :hehe:
I have most of the basics down now, but what's the best way to convert from pendulum? I'm using airdash forward into air rave just now but I don't think that's how I remember it.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

InnercityGriot posted:

I thought he was kind of a poor sport for literally humping Mihe, though.

Are you saying this is not the action of a good sport?

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Cat Machine posted:

I have most of the basics down now, but what's the best way to convert from pendulum? I'm using airdash forward into air rave just now but I don't think that's how I remember it.
I've played Viewtiful Joe for a while and messed around with that team for a few minutes last night. I thought I remembered Kusoru getting 2 hits in before the launch, which I think were s.H c.H, but it seemed easier to confirm when I was messing around with just dash, c.H S, the c.H slides on its own and helps out a little. Either way it's not exactly as easy as he makes it look.

Also, I'm not sure about the HSD and other properties of pendulum assist, but I'm pretty sure there is a more damaging combo that Joe can do rather than sj MMH dj MMH dj MMH AirJoe M AirJoe H Six Machine, but that one might build the most meter.

ChristsDickWorship fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 6, 2012

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Selane posted:

Funny, I lost respect for him when he hugged Mihe from the front, then went around to his back, pointed at him to the camera, and then air humped his head. I get ridiculously salty when I lose, too, but honestly, that's just juvenile.

I did think it was hilarious how Kusoru literally forgot to ask for a handshake and PR Rog was just sitting there getting jostled by enthusiastic Japanese dudes until Kusoru remembered, though.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
He attempted to hug him and Mihe just sat there and basically ignored him. PR Rog attempted to be a good sport and when you've just got blown up on a big stage and somebody does what amounts to ignoring your handshake at the end it's not surprising he popped off after.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Did anyone see Gary with Glasses vs Chris G on the FunkyP stream? Gary with Glasses almost knocked Chris into losers. If not for a couple dropped combos and needing to improve his Sentinel a bit, Gary would have done it. The thing that allowed Gary a chance was that Hulk's Gamma Charge does not give a gently caress about how many Soul Fists Morrigan can put on screen.

One other thing Gary's Hulk does that's nice is he does a great job hitting people with s.H any time they go for an overhead.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If you're the type that likes dressing up your fighting game pixels, the complete Costume Pack is out (at least on the Xbox Marketplace). Includes costumes for everyone except Jill, Shuma-Gorath (You get theirs with the purchase of the character, if I recall) and Magneto. 1600 Microsoft funnibux, translates to $20.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007
Did they ever say if they were going to replace magneto's alt costume or are they just leaving him without one?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Pookdaddy G posted:

Did they ever say if they were going to replace magneto's alt costume or are they just leaving him without one?

I'm pretty sure they're just leaving it in the air. Each time they've mentioned it, it's just been "yeah uh... no plans at the moment."

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Pookdaddy G posted:

I'm guessing that between the combination of the costume needing to be offered up as a separate download and the fact that the team has probably moved on to either a next version or another project entirely, the development costs would far outweigh any revenue and goodwill they'd get by having a swagneto replacement.

Sure, they could probably crank it out in a couple days of modeling and testing, but you'd be pulling an artist, programmer, and tester off of something else, and you still have to discuss the alt with Marvel, set up the DLC with Microsoft and Sony, etc.

pokecapn fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 6, 2012

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
There's always that cheating method I guess... Oh well.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

pokecapn posted:

I'm guessing that between the combination of the costume needing to be offered up as a separate download and the fact that the team has probably moved on to either a next version or another project entirely, the development costs would far outweigh any revenue and goodwill they'd get by having a swagneto replacement.

Sure, they could probably crank it out in a couple days of modeling and testing, but you'd be pulling an artist, programmer, and tester off of something else, and you still have to discuss the alt with Marvel, set up the DLC with Microsoft and Sony, etc.

Aren't all of the costumes on disc? They could just patch the DLC to unlock that costume if they wanted to put it in. That'd be simple enough. But yeah, they probably won't make a replacement costume.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gaseous Snake posted:

There's always that cheating method I guess... Oh well.

I love how they made a big deal about how the Magneto costume wouldn't be available, but its still just hanging out in the game, easy to select with that cheater method.

If it was that much of a problem, why is it still in the game at all?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

AnonSpore posted:

Funny, I lost respect for him when he hugged Mihe from the front, then went around to his back, pointed at him to the camera, and then air humped his head. I get ridiculously salty when I lose, too, but honestly, that's just juvenile.

Didn't Rog win that match?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Fun posted:

He did. In fact, Mihe was so upset that he lost that he didn't accept PR Rog's hug attempt.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

He did. In fact, Mihe was so upset that he lost that he didn't accept PR Rog's hug attempt.

I think the post-grand finals look on PR rog's face as all of Japan is jumping up and down next to him would make for a funnier .gif than the hump

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Liku posted:

Aren't all of the costumes on disc? They could just patch the DLC to unlock that costume if they wanted to put it in. That'd be simple enough. But yeah, they probably won't make a replacement costume.

The problem (and it's the same problem Marvel had when they used it for their comic in 2005, so who knows why Capcom picked it other than that it looks awesome) is that the outfit is nearly identical the king of Spain's military uniform. Not exactly the kind of thing you want to see on a fictional genocidal maniac.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I seem to remember there being some website somewhere that had a series of articles or blog posts that went through each character's alt colors and costume and explained the origin of each. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Here's one of the articles, the rest should be around Gamespot somewhere.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

iolo_the_bard posted:

I love how they made a big deal about how the Magneto costume wouldn't be available, but its still just hanging out in the game, easy to select with that cheater method.

If it was that much of a problem, why is it still in the game at all?

It's probably on the disc with all the other alt costumes. Doing that just makes things easier.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

iolo_the_bard posted:

I seem to remember there being some website somewhere that had a series of articles or blog posts that went through each character's alt colors and costume and explained the origin of each. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Here you go

http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature/marvelcapcom-final/image-feature/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Fun posted:

I worded that improperly. It didn't look to me like Mihe refused Rog's hug at all, but I gave it a second look at yeah, he does seem to kinda ward him off.

I still think it's juvenile, considering how Rog himself can get salty as hell when he loses and has refused even post-game handshakes (which Mihe did accept) when he feels he lost to something he shouldn't have lost to... like level 3 X-Factor Wesker.

• Locked thread