Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!
I seem to recall one of the Deathwatch books advising you that while allowing someone to play an Inquisitor is viable, their investigative skills would tend to overshadow the Space Marines in non-combat situations and generally just breeze through scenarios intended to be difficult mysteries for the Marines to solve.

I'm not sure why, but I found it quite amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

bbcisdabomb posted:

I've always been a fan of having multiple styles of enemies in combats like this. The SM goes off fighting the Carnifex, while the party has to take on another Horde of 'nids so they don't chew the Marine's backside off while he's distracted.

Or have one Marine hold a massive Gant horde back at a chokepoint while the rest of the team goes to kill the Tyrant. Really either way you divide the combat it'll be heroic and rad as gently caress.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
I am trying to imagine what playing a Grey Knight is like.

How you you make and play something even more ridiculously overpowered than a Deathwatch Space Marine? How do you challenge it? Throw multiple daemon princes and Bloodthirsters at it at once?

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
They're actually not that different really, just everyone is kinda-sorta a Librarian and they have some fancier gear, and a few nifty things for killing daemons I suppose. So, whatever would challenge a Space Marine would challenge a Grey Knight too, probably.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
Rogue Trader.

The players are Julius Mourn, Rogue Trader and captain of the ship. Maximus Rex, another Rogue Trader who's lost his ship and his assets and is now working for Julius, and me, Gaiman Holdt, Arch Militant and Julius's security chief. Julius is more even-handed and handles all the business decisions, while Maximus is more impulsive and arrogant, and way better at violencing people. He is also super religious. Holdt is trying to escape his past as a corrupt arbitrator and attempts to be professional while also making massive amounts of space cash.

While stopped at a station to resupply, a guy attempts to sneak onto the ship. I arrest him, and Julius decides he wants to meet anyone who has enough balls to try to sneak onto a Rogue Trader's ship.

The guy turns out to be a cowardly schmuck named Novus who lost a ship full of unbelievably valuable cargo out in the expanse, and was thusly cut off by his noble house and stranded out here. He's been trying to con someone into helping him recover the cargo ever since. Julius decides to help him out, while describing to us at least six different plans that all involve Novus spaced or stranded and us that much richer.

We finish up our outstanding job and then strong-arm Novus into telling us that the cargo is some kind of incredibly rare, incomprehensibly valuable, and EXTRA heretical ancient technology.

We arrive in the system where he lost the ship, only to find an asteroid belt full of similar drifting wrecks. We scan the belt but can't find anything. Novus tells us that there are pirates operating out of the belt, people who have been out there so ling they're more like tribal voidsmen than pirates. We figure we can get them to tell us about any ships that have come into the belt easy, and the captain puts me in charge, as I am much better at violencing than he is.

My plan is for me and Maximus to teleport onto the pirates' moon base with a whole bunch of troops, surprising and frightening them, and demand information. We assemble in the teleportarium and off we go!

We arrive, and immediately hold up our guns, ready to fend off pirates! There are pirates alright, but none of them are armed or armored in any way. At the far end of the room is a woman in white and a man in gold, being attended by a guy dressed up like a shaman.

We have crashed a wedding, and we are standing on the buffet table. Most of my troops have teleported into the food.

So what does Maximus do? He shoots the groom in the arm and demands information, while informing the pirates that they are filthy heathens who do not live in the Emperor's light and if they don't tell us what we want to know he won't feel bad about killing them. :doh:

The player is saying in OOC "Don't worry, I have a plan" while I am laughing too hard to breathe and saying "YES, YOUR PLAN IS TO SHOOT A DUDE ON HIS WEDDING DAY, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"

The pirates proceed to tell us what we want to know (someone got to the wrecked ship first and towed it into the nearby nebula) with absolutely no trouble, and honestly don't act particularly offended that we busted in on their ceremony and shot the man of the hour. So what does Maximus do?

He kneecaps the groom for good measure, demands that the pirates give us a guide to help us follow the missing ship, and says "We're taking the bride as collateral." :psyduck:

At this point I have given up all hope of survival and am considering voxing the captain to get us out of there, but again the pirates do not really react. They agree to send the guide, Maximus's indentured feral worlder takes custody of the bride, and we teleport back to the ship.

The captain demands to know who the woman is, and Maximus starts running his mouth and bragging; "Oh, just some young lady who took a shine to me..." Eventually I give the captain the report of what actually happened and he momentarily freaks out ("You interrupted a local custom?! I've lost whole expeditions over things like that!!") but is pleased that we managed to get a guide and all seems well.

Maximus jokingly asks the GM "So, is this tribal pirate girl hot?" The GM pauses, and says, "Roll a D10."

So he does.

It comes up 3.

"Yeah, she's pretty attractive."

Maximus's player crows in triumph and declares that he is going to start rebuilding his dynasty here and now!

Then the guide (who speaks much better Gothic) turns up and greets Maximus as his brother. We all go "what" and he explains that she's his sister, and since Maximus was able to take her by force, according to tribal space pirate custom they are now officially married.

I am very close to death by this point as I am laughing so hard.

On top of this, if Maximus can keep other suitors from getting ahold of her for long enough, he will become a member of the space pirate clan.

Next session we head off into the nebula to complete our actual mission but I don't give a poo poo because there's no way it can top Maximus, Wedding-Crasher and Conquerer of Space Pirates.

TehWarsmith fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 2, 2012

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
That's a great story, and makes me even more eager to play RT some day. One player in my group bought himself the book, but got turned off by the large scale of all things. Someone earlier in the thread had ideas for scaling down RT and I forwarded those ideas to my friend, hopefully he likes it.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

TehWarsmith posted:

Rogue Trader.

The players are Julius Mourn, Rogue Trader and captain of the ship. Maximus Rex, another Rogue Trader who's lost his ship and his assets and is now working for Julius, and me, Gaiman Holdt, Arch Militant and Julius's security chief. Julius is more even-handed and handles all the business decisions, while Maximus is more impulsive and arrogant, and way better at violencing people. He is also super religious. Holdt is trying to escape his past as a corrupt arbitrator and attempts to be professional while also making massive amounts of space cash.

While stopped at a station to resupply, a guy attempts to sneak onto the ship. I arrest him, and Julius decides he wants to meet anyone who has enough balls to try to sneak onto a Rogue Trader's ship.

The guy turns out to be a cowardly schmuck named Novus who lost a ship full of unbelievably valuable cargo out in the expanse, and was thusly cut off by his noble house and stranded out here. He's been trying to con someone into helping him recover the cargo ever since. Julius decides to help him out, while describing to us at least six different plans that all involve Novus spaced or stranded and us that much richer.

We finish up our outstanding job and then strong-arm Novus into telling us that the cargo is some kind of incredibly rare, incomprehensibly valuable, and EXTRA heretical ancient technology.

We arrive in the system where he lost the ship, only to find an asteroid belt full of similar drifting wrecks. We scan the belt but can't find anything. Novus tells us that there are pirates operating out of the belt, people who have been out there so ling they're more like tribal voidsmen than pirates. We figure we can get them to tell us about any ships that have come into the belt easy, and the captain puts me in charge, as I am much better at violencing than he is.

My plan is for me and Maximus to teleport onto the pirates' moon base with a whole bunch of troops, surprising and frightening them, and demand information. We assemble in the teleportarium and off we go!

We arrive, and immediately hold up our guns, ready to fend off pirates! There are pirates alright, but none of them are armed or armored in any way. At the far end of the room is a woman in white and a man in gold, being attended by a guy dressed up like a shaman.

We have crashed a wedding, and we are standing on the buffet table. Most of my troops have teleported into the food.

So what does Maximus do? He shoots the groom in the arm and demands information, while informing the pirates that they are filthy heathens who do not live in the Emperor's light and if they don't tell us what we want to know he won't feel bad about killing them. :doh:

The player is saying in OOC "Don't worry, I have a plan" while I am laughing too hard to breathe and saying "YES, YOUR PLAN IS TO SHOOT A DUDE ON HIS WEDDING DAY, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"

The pirates proceed to tell us what we want to know (someone got to the wrecked ship first and towed it into the nearby nebula) with absolutely no trouble, and honestly don't act particularly offended that we busted in on their ceremony and shot the man of the hour. So what does Maximus do?

He kneecaps the groom for good measure, demands that the pirates give us a guide to help us follow the missing ship, and says "We're taking the bride as collateral." :psyduck:

At this point I have given up all hope of survival and am considering voxing the captain to get us out of there, but again the pirates do not really react. They agree to send the guide, Maximus's indentured feral worlder takes custody of the bride, and we teleport back to the ship.

The captain demands to know who the woman is, and Maximus starts running his mouth and bragging; "Oh, just some young lady who took a shine to me..." Eventually I give the captain the report of what actually happened and he momentarily freaks out ("You interrupted a local custom?! I've lost whole expeditions over things like that!!") but is pleased that we managed to get a guide and all seems well.

Maximus jokingly asks the GM "So, is this tribal pirate girl hot?" The GM pauses, and says, "Roll a D10."

So he does.

It comes up 3.

"Yeah, she's pretty attractive."

Maximus's player crows in triumph and declares that he is going to start rebuilding his dynasty here and now!

Then the guide (who speaks much better Gothic) turns up and greets Maximus as his brother. We all go "what" and he explains that she's his sister, and since Maximus was able to take her by force, according to tribal space pirate custom they are now officially married.

I am very close to death by this point as I am laughing so hard.

On top of this, if Maximus can keep other suitors from getting ahold of her for long enough, he will become a member of the space pirate clan.

Next session we head off into the nebula to complete our actual mission but I don't give a poo poo because there's no way it can top Maximus, Wedding-Crasher and Conquerer of Space Pirates.

This is all going to end in tears. Also, possibly ovipositors.

Pirate clans of the outer darkness get some wierd stable mutations, just gonna point that out.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
They're putting out four Black Crusde supplements for each of the Chaos Gods.

:byodood:

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

spacegoat posted:

:aaaaa:

Father Nurgle is generous indeed.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

spacegoat posted:

I'm not even like 1/4th the way through reading the original book. It will be 2013 by the time I'm ready to play. :saddowns:

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010

spacegoat posted:

Oh, lord

This is gonna end up being too many supplements to bother with, and Chaos is my favorite faction. I do really like that they mention new archetypes, though.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
UPDATE ON MAXIMUS, CONQUERER OF SPACE PIRATES

He got into a fight with the GM about his pirate bride sneaking off and hiding in the lower decks and then when he found her again he had an argument with the captain and then executed her.

Welp

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

TehWarsmith posted:

He got into a fight with the GM about his pirate bride sneaking off and hiding in the lower decks and then when he found her again he had an argument with the captain and then executed her.

Welp

Well that's a lovely punchline. MAXIMUUUUUUS :argh:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

TehWarsmith posted:

Welp

drat, I was holding out for ovipositor.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

InfiniteJesters posted:

I am trying to imagine what playing a Grey Knight is like.

How you you make and play something even more ridiculously overpowered than a Deathwatch Space Marine? How do you challenge it? Throw multiple daemon princes and Bloodthirsters at it at once?

If it helps, the Grey Knight in my Ascention game is no more broken than anyone else combat-specced. His Daemonhammer means he does a shitload of damage but has no Dodge or Parry chances. Strangely, he has no problems letting my Sanctioned Psyker (who is a sorcerer and at 47 corruption) psykically heal him drat near every round :v:

A few Necromancer Immortals was a significant threat, if only because they wouldn't stay dead. Just make you're using multiple enemies to make a challenge - the amount of poo poo you have to pile on to make sure it doesn't die in the first turn makes it really not fun to fight, ime.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

bbcisdabomb posted:

If it helps, the Grey Knight in my Ascention game is no more broken than anyone else combat-specced. His Daemonhammer means he does a shitload of damage but has no Dodge or Parry chances. Strangely, he has no problems letting my Sanctioned Psyker (who is a sorcerer and at 47 corruption) psykically heal him drat near every round :v:

:stare:

I'm amazed they haven't been at each other's throats by now.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Sierra Madre posted:

:stare:

I'm amazed they haven't been at each other's throats by now.

That's because my insanity manifests as both fanatical loyalty to the Emperor and rampant paranoia. I'm smitten with the Grey Knight and he's believed my stories about how I "purified" my "psychic rituals" so they're totally not heretical, no way!

The paranoia also means I can kill any member of the party, given a full action. Psychic supremacy! :black101:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

That's because my insanity manifests as both fanatical loyalty to the Emperor and rampant paranoia. I'm smitten with the Grey Knight and he's believed my stories about how I "purified" my "psychic rituals" so they're totally not heretical, no way!

The paranoia also means I can kill any member of the party, given a full action. Psychic supremacy! :black101:

Ascension: Only Slightly Less Busted Than Epic Level 3.5 D&D.

(this is exactly why every single book printed since Dark Heresy has not featured the Biomancy discipline, because it is busted as gently caress.)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm GMing for the first time ever next week.I'm planning on doing a one off of either Dark Heresy or Deathwatch considering someone else ran a Rogue Trader one off last week. Which would be more forgiving for a new GM/New Players.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Well, I know my group had a hysterical and fun first session despite our GMs lack of familiarity with the system, so at the very least even if you struggle with Deathwatch at first you'll likely still have fun. :v:

I am admittedly biased though. And lack enough familiarity with Dark Heresy to truly compare.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Deathwatch is a lot more forgiving. Dark Heresy is one of those games with fragile PCs and is focused (or at least designed to be focused) on complicated intrigue plots and horror elements. Deathwatch is a lot more straightforward: drop from orbit, kill everything between you and the objective, kill/blow up the objective, kill everything on the way to the extraction, extract, medals for all.

Dark Heresy PCs will struggle to take down well-equipped normal humans in equal numbers. Deathwatch PCs eat lightning and poo poo thunder.

In fact, Deathwatch focuses specifically on how utterly badass the PCs are and making your players feel like big heroes. Deathwatch PCs don't even need to go to tactical time to kill most enemies you will encounter; the game lets the players just roll some skill checks to determine exactly how efficiently they exterminate all opposition they encounter on their way to a real challenge. That's not to say there are no minor encounters, but a real challenge for a Deathwatch party will be a small army and possibly several horrible monsters, any of which would wipe a Dark Heresy party in just a few rounds.

I think the focus on being a badass from the moment of character creation is a really good draw for a group that might be new to 40K entirely. By the climax of the first session your PCs will have caused more carnage than parties manage in entire campaigns in other systems.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 6, 2012

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
You've obviously never played with my Rogue Trader Group :eng101:

Are there rules for converting characters from the other books? It would be nice to have the option of having Inquisitors and Assassins with them because I have to make characters for 6 people and I'm afraid it'd get with 6 huge dudes, telling tales of the emperor, Who was also Huge.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

Solus posted:

You've obviously never played with my Rogue Trader Group :eng101:

Are there rules for converting characters from the other books? It would be nice to have the option of having Inquisitors and Assassins with them because I have to make characters for 6 people and I'm afraid it'd get with 6 huge dudes, telling tales of the emperor, Who was also Huge.

There's usually a page set aside for describing conversions for other characters. For your specific example, Ascension is the book for Inquisitors and Vindicare/Death Cult Assassins.

Ascension is also pretty terrible so you might just want to refluff/modify some classes from Rogue Trader.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Liesmith posted:

you can't righteous fury against hordes

Huh, I never knew that. Does it really matter? After all doesn't a hit that does damage reduce the magnitude by 1 regardless of how much damage it does?

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh, I never knew that. Does it really matter? After all doesn't a hit that does damage reduce the magnitude by 1 regardless of how much damage it does?

yeah, that's why you can't RF against them. Damage is irrelevant except with fire weapons.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Arglebargle III posted:

By the climax of the first session your PCs will have caused more carnage than parties manage in entire campaigns in other systems.

Bullshit. My DH party has caused much more chaos and death!

In our first storyline we managed to:
Crack a support strut and several critical supply lines in a Hive World while accidently blowing up a munitions dump

Kill a free hundred thousand more when we burned out the 'Mid infestation that was keeping the structure of a giant cathedral suspended

And force a heretical priest to enact his bug-out plan: launching the covertly-repaired ship that had formed the origional nucleus of the hive city, opening the dome to the toxic air of the planet proper.

Only the second was an objective given to us. The body count was in the trillions.

Oops? v:v:v

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Tomorrow is either the final or second-from-final session of a Black Crusade game I'm in.
Anticipating great amounts of prolonged fighting the GM gave us all some extra experience and strongly suggested we spend it on Wounds. (Since we ran into a Necron he had intended to be 'fairly tough' rather than 'party shits themselves and tries to create a back way into the room it was guarding, die violently in their escape after failing miserably' hard.).
Problem is, I'm aligned to Tzeentch and Nurgle really doesn't like me. With the experience from last session and the bonus I'd be able to gain a measly 3 wounds.
Fortunately I am a heavily armoured robot and I hope to use this to my advantage by spending the experience on some more to avoid me either being hit or taking damage in the first place.
Thing is, I can't think what might help (Aside from dodge/parry). Any ideas?

that ostrich
Jul 18, 2005

Don't worry, I'm a Media Technician Lead. This shit is on LOCKDOWN.

Cerebulon posted:

Tomorrow is either the final or second-from-final session of a Black Crusade game I'm in.
Anticipating great amounts of prolonged fighting the GM gave us all some extra experience and strongly suggested we spend it on Wounds. (Since we ran into a Necron he had intended to be 'fairly tough' rather than 'party shits themselves and tries to create a back way into the room it was guarding, die violently in their escape after failing miserably' hard.).
Problem is, I'm aligned to Tzeentch and Nurgle really doesn't like me. With the experience from last session and the bonus I'd be able to gain a measly 3 wounds.
Fortunately I am a heavily armoured robot and I hope to use this to my advantage by spending the experience on some more to avoid me either being hit or taking damage in the first place.
Thing is, I can't think what might help (Aside from dodge/parry). Any ideas?

If you're a psyker, there's some decent defensive abilities available there. Flicker is decent, though situational, and Mantle of Lies is great unless your GM decides that Necrons are immune to illusions for some reason. Unfortunately the best defensive psychic power is Nurgle's Inviolable Flesh.

Then again, if you're not a psyker then none of this helps you.

Edit: you're probably heretek. Well, Mark of Tzeentch gives you the pskyer trait, assuming you've got 20 Tzeentch advances...

that ostrich fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 10, 2012

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Being a Heretek I've spent most of my experience on things relating to Intelligence (In my effort to know everything ever and for there to be no secrets - from me at least.) so the vast majority of advancements are Unaligned.
I ended up spending most of that experience on Agility and Dodge (Again, Unaligned), since the main danger to me now is direct attacks considering I no longer need to breathe or worry about Pskyers messing with my mind.
I just hope all those modifiers making my light carapace armour equivalent to power armour pay off.

Fortunately we largely dealt with the Necrons and the bulk of the forces we'll be faced with are various angry mobs, some police... And whatever the Inquisition has up its sleeve (Bad news, no doubt.)

v That's what I'm using, it's one of the starting options for the Heretek class. (And +1 from the Machine trait (Gift of the gods) and + 1 to head from implants.)

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 10, 2012

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
There's Armour-Monger. Assuming you meet the requirements, you can improve the AP of any armour you wear by 2, as long as you can spend an hour a day maintaining it.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
There's a new adventure for Rogue Trader coming - The Soul Reaver.

Fantasy Flight Games posted:

Rogue Trader is all about risk and profit. Namely, taking huge risks in the name of reaping massive profits. And what bigger gamble could there be than plucking an ancient and powerful warship from the very heart of a Dark Eldar city within the webway?

The Soul Reaver starts with a heist, but things are rarely as they seem when you're dealing with the treacherous Dark Eldar. The Explorers have to bet everything more than once to survive the machinations of several competing factions within the city and come away from this web of lies and betrayal with their promised reward. Of course, the Explorers have a chance to do some betraying of their own, and to this end, The Soul Reaver contains the Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior Career Path. This full new Career, designed for use in this adventure and beyond, allows players to take the sadistic power of the Dark Eldar into their own hands for the first time in Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay.

And a new sourcebook for Deathwatch, too - Honour the Chapter.

Fantasy Flight Games posted:

Since the Core Rulebook, we've had a good chance to cover our core of Space Marine Chapters, and with First Founding we were able to bring the remaining progenitor Chapters to the fore. But now, for the first time since the inception of Deathwatch, we will be giving a huge number of the other myriad Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes the attention they deserve. I think players are going to really enjoy the chance to play Battle-Brothers from Chapters throughout the Imperium, each with as much depth as the Chapters we've covered in our past products.

Of course, with all this variety comes a price. Trying to form a Kill-team out of Battle-Brothers from such disparate backgrounds, all with their own histories, combat doctrines, and philosophies is tough work. Thankfully, we've covered that, too! GMs will find Honour the Chapter indispensable for making the most of their campaigns, by highlighting the strengths of their players, their characters, and the relationships between the Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes. In this way, they’ll really make their players feel like the epic heroes of the Imperium that they are!

edit: The cover of Honour the Chapter implies it will contain rules for the Crimson Fists.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 11, 2012

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Crimson Fists? Awesome.

Sooo, the Deathwatch campaign I'm in currently has the Alpha Legion, the Fallen, Craftworld Ulthwe Eldar, the Inquisition, and a traitor Black Shield, all running around in the Jericho Reach while we attempt to sort things out. It's a huge pile of schemes---we're just waiting for Tzeentch worshipers to rear their many heads.

Next session is holding a planet against a Tau invasion. This makes things SO much simpler. Except not. :v:

I freaking love Deathwatch. :3:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Does anyone have a giant map of the Warhammer 40k universe?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Have you tried the first two results for "warhammer 40k map" in google? Not trying to be a dick (much), but I dunno if they're what you're after.

Babbage
Sep 6, 2010

SlothBear posted:

Does anyone have a giant map of the Warhammer 40k universe?

Will this do?

It's not terrifically clear I'm afraid, but this is the largest official map I can find. I think it's a scan from the 4th edition rulebook, which is why there is a crease down the middle.

Edited to make sure it doesn't break tables.

Babbage fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 12, 2012

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Babbage posted:

Will this do?

It's not terrifically clear I'm afraid, but this is the largest official map I can find. I think it's a scan from the 4th edition rulebook, which is why there is a crease down the middle.

This is like, one of the first GIS maps that comes up http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110121215147/warhammer40k/images/0/04/The_Warhammer_40k_Galaxy_Map.jpg

Babbage
Sep 6, 2010
They are actually different pictures - the one you linked to is a piece of fanart by this guy. There's a couple of other things on his Deviantart page that could be useful as well, such as the Tau Manta crash site or the Imperial currency mockups.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Babbage posted:

They are actually different pictures - the one you linked to is a piece of fanart by this guy. There's a couple of other things on his Deviantart page that could be useful as well, such as the Tau Manta crash site or the Imperial currency mockups.

Wait, what? Who said they were the same thing? Obviously they're different pictures.

Babbage
Sep 6, 2010
Sorry, I thought you were saying I reposted it, and yes I can see it's on google images now. I just thought I had a larger version of the picture than you could get easily through google. Sorry, I was trying to help and got confused. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Babbage posted:

Sorry, I thought you were saying I reposted it, and yes I can see it's on google images now. I just thought I had a larger version of the picture than you could get easily through google. Sorry, I was trying to help and got confused. :(

Never apologize. Stand tall. Instead of saying you are sorry, try saying "shut up S.J. Did you know that Ork weapons work becuase they believe it really hard?"