Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
There was a piece of non-creepy fanart for Tali floating around a while back. Kind of a Saturday Morning kid's cartoon take on her with a mohawk thing, and she and Garrus are making fun of each other in it. Something like that could've been kind of cool, given the diversity of species already in the game. Not a huge deal, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I have half a dozen characters who are going to find out one way or another. Might be able to say in a week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jetpack Postman posted:

Oh, wow. That's pretty damned incredible. Any chance of some random game journalist growing getting the common sense to spring this on one of the directors next time an interview rolls around? Their response would be hilarious.

"Hey, did you use a stock photo site for its intended purpose?"

"Yeah"

"GOTCHA!"

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
So the Citadel got attacked and closed half of my open sidequests. Can I load to before then, do them, and get credit for them without docking there again? Or do I have to load to before I even had the Citadel mission?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

1stGear posted:

I'm really curious as to what changes if you do have dead ME2 characters, because pretty much every one I've met has done something significant that resulted in additional voice acting, frequently war assets, and generally badass moments.

Remember that fine gent, Urdnot Wreav? Same voice actor, same model, slightly different dialogue but performs the exact same purpose as his poor dead brother?

You're best off thinking along those lines.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

"Yeah"

"GOTCHA!"

Really? Is that the defense we're going with? "Hey we put in literally the bare minimum of effort to make this picture, but we didn't technically do anything wrong so suck it?"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ze Pollack posted:

Remember that fine gent, Urdnot Wreav? Same voice actor, same model, slightly different dialogue but performs the exact same purpose as his poor dead brother?

You're best off thinking along those lines.

Do you want to provide some examples?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Really? Is that the defense we're going with? "Hey we put in literally the bare minimum of effort to make this picture, but we didn't technically do anything wrong so suck it?"

Nope, don't really care. Just think that the idea of a games "journalist" "springing" the question on a director stupid.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

1stGear posted:

Do you want to provide some examples?

Good news! Turns out there was more than one Salarian super-scientist who worked on the genophage and may/may not have had a change of heart, and coincidentally he's got all the information Mordin would have if, tragically, you didn't send him back with the crew during the suicide mission. Don't know if he sings Gilbert and Sullivan, though!

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
So I just got home and went to fire up Mass Effect, and my loving save won't load. It's not from the cloud, it's sitting right on my flash drive but for some reason ME3 won't load it. This is so goddamn frustrating and I don't want to loving start the game with Wrex dead and half my squadmates gone, and none of the poo poo I did in the last two games carrying over. Is there an easy way to load a custom save onto a flash drive from someone who made the same choices I did?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

"Yeah"

"GOTCHA!"

Are we talking about the same image because one was a blatant ripoff of someone's deviantart

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Uh with regard to the reapers' true purpose aren't they just stolen lock stock and barrel from the Revelation Space series by Alistair Reynolds?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ze Pollack posted:

Good news! Turns out there was more than one Salarian super-scientist who worked on the genophage and may/may not have had a change of heart, and coincidentally he's got all the information Mordin would have if, tragically, you didn't send him back with the crew during the suicide mission. Don't know if he sings Gilbert and Sullivan, though!

Yeah, that's pretty lovely. Not having it though means axing a pretty huge chunk of the game and unless data storage has become some kind of magical power, I doubt Bioware could have found a way to have functional "No Mordin" scenario in the game alongside a "Alive Mordin" scenario. And since that whole storyline is a pretty major plot point...

What happens in Kasumi and Zaeed's quests if you don't have them?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Uh with regard to the reapers' true purpose aren't they just stolen lock stock and barrel from the Revelation Space series by Alistair Reynolds?

My money's more on the anime inspiration pointed out elsewhere, but that's just because I have a low opinion of Bioware's writing staff. That particular villainous motivation has cropped up all over the place in sci-fi. It's one of the things I don't have a problem with; it's just about the only way you can make 'yup we harvest species for some reason' not dumb as hell.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

On the animated window here http://www.gametrailers.com/ for 'The Games of March', that isn't Tali's face is it? I've been avoiding that, but that looks like it could be.

Anyone?

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
Is the extra in game stuff from the collector's edition worth it? I can get both but don't care about the physical media.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone?

In the red hood? Nope.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Anonononomous posted:

Is the extra in game stuff from the collector's edition worth it? I can get both but don't care about the physical media.

How much do you want that in-game hoodie?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I spent 50,000 loving credits to outfit my aquarium with a flashy autofeed and clean system and now I can't find any loving fish to buy. It's not like reapers are coming for fish goddamn it.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone?
With the red and gold hood? Nah. Not Tali.

13Pandora13 posted:

I spent 50,000 loving credits to outfit my aquarium with a flashy autofeed and clean system and now I can't find any loving fish to buy. It's not like reapers are coming for fish goddamn it.
Sounds like they got down a realistic representation of the cost of fish.

...They're expensive :ohdear:

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 7, 2012

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

Did you tell the Krogan in ME2 to eat the fish?

Chexmix
Dec 10, 2006

Looks like you'll have to go handle this yourself.

Shasta Cola posted:

Is there a way to edit your savefile to alter your appearance? I'm a few hours in, but I loving hate my eyebrows and it is driving me up the wall.

Did you end up with mismatched eyebrow colors too? For some reason the appearance editor was super dark on my screen and I somehow ended up with dark red hair and bright purple eyebrows. :downs: You'd think the same spot on the bar would be the same color, but apparently not!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Tooter posted:

Was I the only one that got control after the opening scene and starting shooting my little blaster at the Reaper? It sure made me feel better.
Nope :hfive:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Cheesy Line for tonight:
Shepard: The bad guys aren't taking any coffee breaks.
Now I have the image of a Reaper sitting back having a cup of coffee in my mind. :3:

omg car crash
Jul 21, 2008

PRIDE after the fall. Champion, 2011. :dealwithit:
This game as far too much auto dialog, man.

Also, what exactly is the name of the quest in game for From Ashes?

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
So is this game good or not, I have it bought and installed and poo poo anyway but I want to know. It'll be easier for me to work if it turns out this game is as disappointing as everyone said it was going to be

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

In the red hood? Nope.

Phew. She must be from that weird Resident Evil shooter or the new Silent Hill.

nuncle jimbo posted:

So is this game good or not, I have it bought and installed and poo poo anyway but I want to know. It'll be easier for me to work if it turns out this game is as disappointing as everyone said it was going to be

Assume it's poo poo, put it on the digital shelf, then perhaps get a sweet surprise when you get around to it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 7, 2012

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

omg car crash posted:

This game as far too much auto dialog, man.

Also, what exactly is the name of the quest in game for From Ashes?

Not at home but it's a Priority mission. Prothean dig site I believe?

Edit: Bleh, it's Priority: Eden Prime

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 7, 2012

Sarah Palin
Sep 3, 2011

by Fistgrrl
https://i.imgur.com/iEvll.jpg
https://gettyimages.co.uk/detail/photo/hammasa-royalty-free-image/123488108
https://i42.tinypic.com/2e1hpmv.jpg

It's getting a little embarrassing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

Opinions are assholes and all, but I think it's fair to say anyone who says this game compares unfavorably to ME2 has a screw loose.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

It's funny in the sense that people were excited to see Tali's real face and Bioware put no effort into it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Phew. She must be from that weird Resident Evil shooter or the new Silent Hill.

No, it's from Ninja Gaiden 3. That's the Regent Of The Mask, whose the main adversary in the game. Also, may or may not be a man, since the mask makes their appearance pretty androgynous.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Ze Pollack posted:

My money's more on the anime inspiration pointed out elsewhere, but that's just because I have a low opinion of Bioware's writing staff. That particular villainous motivation has cropped up all over the place in sci-fi. It's one of the things I don't have a problem with; it's just about the only way you can make 'yup we harvest species for some reason' not dumb as hell.

Well its more that the inhibitor machines in Revelation space kill off advanced spacefaring species in order to make it easier for them to maneuver organic life through the collision of the andromeda and milky way galaxies in the future. The way they find out that organic life has developed too far is by setting out big technological objects of interest that send a signal to them when activated by curious beings *coughmassrelayscough*.

Considering they were both created by well-meaning ancient races and both use the same tactic with the same end goal it seems a little more than coincidental, especially considering the Revelation Space series is one of the top rated space opera series in a long time

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

nuncle jimbo posted:

It's an improvement over the previous 2 games, so if you liked those, you'll like this one.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Holy god drat Joker and Garrus telling racist jokes :tviv:

JJVH
Aug 20, 2005

Zap, zap! You're dead.
So much for release date shipping, ugh!

Did anyone else order from Amazon and not get their copy today? I can't fault them, they shipped my copy yesterday morning, but UPS lost track of things at like midnight yesterday.

The fact that I am not searching the universe for Legion RIGHT NOW is a god drat shame.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Does having beat me2 on insanity give any bonus in me3? I'm guessing not

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Can someone please help me, I don't want to use the goddamn default Shepard

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Anyone want an Alliance Normany 360 prop? I'll get my flyer if anyone cares, just respond with your email address. First one gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

In my mind Tali looks like this and nothing could ever change that.

• Locked thread