Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Chasiubao posted:

Disclaimer: I did this on the PC. Don't know how the console handles save imports.

I'll ask my friends how it works for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

PunkBoy posted:

That's awesome that even BioWare is using the save site. Annakie is a 25 War Asset.

:blush: Thanks!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lawlicaust posted:

Putting fortification on Vanguard Shepard is absolutely insane. You have massively increased damage and take very little. Then you can purge it and beat and Atlas to death with you fists. On Insanity.

How badly does Fortification slow down your biotic charge?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I really love the galaxy scanning minigame, especially the way the Reapers have to build up momentum. I could just save scum to find everything, but it is terribly amusing to continually slow-boat my way across systems pinging away and just barely escaping to hyperspace on either side. I am the Mass Effect universe's version of the Road Runner.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
A Mako joke and a gay bear joke in the same conversation, GOTY

lil sartre
Feb 12, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Danger posted:

Haha, apparently a whole bunch of images from this game were lifted almost directly from stock photos off of google, including Tali's face.

I don't know about you but for me ME3 has been a neverending stream of comedy

http://i.imgur.com/n720l.jpg
Spoiler I guess? and maybe nws

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I'm really curious; who fill in the roles for Garrus and/or Wrex if you import a save where they're dead? I guess Wrex could be whoever replaced him in 2 easily enough, but are you just missing a squadmate if you don't have Garrus?

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Annakie posted:

Nice work! That site is awesome.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

Annakie posted:

and I have the privilege of being a SA member thanks to you and your site :stare: for which I am still grateful to this day. awesomeness doesn't describe the things you do.

anywho, my CE hasn't arrived yet. and the site (bol.com) I preordered at hasn't updated the shipping details. and I really wanna fight some multiplayer reapers. staggered releases suck :(

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Amateur Saboteur posted:

So I'm really curious; who fill in the roles for Garrus and/or Wrex if you import a save where they're dead? I guess Wrex could be whoever replaced him in 2 easily enough, but are you just missing a squadmate if you don't have Garrus?

I checked the guide briefly, trying to find something while avoiding spoilers, and basically, if there's a quest that depends on that character, you'll get a temporary ally who can loosely handle the dialogue role Garrus or Tali would have had, but they are not a permanent character (and may not even be playable--haven't gotten to a point where it's come up and the guide seemed a little vague on that.)

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Annakie posted:

I'm really grateful for masseffect2saves too! If I do more ME3 playthroughs, I'll definitely want to try out other suicide mission results or romances, and now I won't need to play both other games to avoid the dystopian nightmare world where Wrex is dead.

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011
Does Allers ever actually do anything except take up space on the Normandy?

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
I haven't even started playing the game, yet, but this face import thing is kind of bothersome. I was planning on possibly playing a new character through 1 and 2 before getting to 3 so I can relearn what I forgot and catch up on the DLC I didn't play for the second game. Hopefully by then a patch for the 360 will be available. Or barring that, some kind of save edit trick I can pull off. Kind of awkward, but I can't imagine Mark Meer's voice coming out of any other face than the one I created in the first game. Then to top it off, I gave him TIM eyes with the editor for the second game. Not certain that'll translate all the well with a face import.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Allers seems to just be a way to get more war assets if you feed her some details now and again, but she has all of three entries in the Prima guide.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

RONALD REAGAN posted:

Yes, you can do interviews which affect war assets.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dreylad posted:

Ending spoilers:

I'm wondering if the "destroy all synthetics" is the canon ending because it's implied that Shepard survives at the end. Not sure how he/she does given that you're dying by the time you meet the Catalyst but alright, Shepard has superhuman endurance. I still haven't seen the "control" ending because I don't really want to wade through 20 minutes of dialogue/slow walking to see the same scenes with some blue energy beams (instead of red or green) and maybe something slightly different. I wonder if the blue/red on the control/destroy is supposed to represent the paragon/renegade options with the green option being the "new" choice. Which seems odd since the Illusive Man's option always seemed like the renegade choice to me. Or maybe that's ~up to debate~ which seems kinda lazy.

I was hoping for a bit more exposition from the Catalyst. Is it a being of pure energy or the ghost in the machine that is the Citadel? Why can't it choose what to do if it controls the Reapers? I don't quite get what it's supposed to be.

I have the feeling the very, very end was the absolute last thing done in the game, or it was changed around at the last minute. IIRC In the script leak, Control didn't destroy the relays or kill Shepard, nor did Merge (Which didn't fuse everybody, just Shepherd with Helios the Reaper Core.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

ImpulseDrive posted:

I haven't even started playing the game, yet, but this face import thing is kind of bothersome. I was planning on possibly playing a new character through 1 and 2 before getting to 3 so I can relearn what I forgot and catch up on the DLC I didn't play for the second game. Hopefully by then a patch for the 360 will be available. Or barring that, some kind of save edit trick I can pull off. Kind of awkward, but I can't imagine Mark Meer's voice coming out of any other face than the one I created in the first game. Then to top it off, I gave him TIM eyes with the editor for the second game. Not certain that'll translate all the well with a face import.

If it makes you feel better, I imported my character from ME1/ME2, and remade my face by hand, and it was super easy to recreate. ME3 doesn't have a ton in the way of face options, so there are only so many variables.

It took me about 15 min to get the same face I had in the other two games. Start the game and give it a try. You'll be surprised.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

RONALD REAGAN posted:

Allers spoilers (like anyone cares)

If you're not fully committed to anyone by that point, you can make a bunch of terrible reporter puns, kiss, then fade to black. I think it's the option for the truly inept shepard who needs to be thrown a bone near the end of the game.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
I hope that's the case. I appreciate it.

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

General Battuta posted:

Yes, you can do interviews which affect war assets.
Oh, alright. When can you do this? I'm just past the Tuchanka Bomb mission and I haven't been able to do this.

TheBalor posted:

Allers spoilers

This is probably canon.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
So, how much reputation do you need to (Rannoch Spoilers) stop the geth and quarians from killing each other? I did it with 3/4ths of a bar full and it wouldn't let me save both.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Kavak posted:

I have the feeling the very, very end was the absolute last thing done in the game, or it was changed around at the last minute. IIRC In the script leak, Control didn't destroy the relays or kill Shepard, nor did Merge (Which didn't fuse everybody, just Shepherd with Helios the Reaper Core.

Ending Spoilers:

Honestly, I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking. Pretty much every choice you've made up to this point is rendered pointless, as the only thing that has an effect on the ending is whether you filled the shiny green bar up enough. The ending choices feel out of the blue and arbitrarily bad. Why would Destroy annihilate all synthetics and technology? Why can't I bring up that the Quarians and the Geth are working together? It feels like it ought be a choice to force the Reapers to go back to deep space and just stay away forever.

There's rumors of a New Game+ ending, but if it's there it's not with the other movie files. I have the distinct feeling that they're going to be selling a "good ending" DLC, because these three are far too similar to each other.

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!

Abhorrence posted:

So, how much reputation do you need to (Rannoch Spoilers) stop the geth and quarians from killing each other? I did it with 3/4ths of a bar full and it wouldn't let me save both.

It depends on your actions from ME2, as well as your actions in this game WRT a side mission. In it for the Tank posted the flowchart of possibilities here. It's not necessarily a reputation score as much as it is the peace score. If you meet that, I'm not sure how much actual reputation bar is needed.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Is anyone else having problems downloading 'From the Ashes' DLC? I tried both my Gamestop Code and the Xbox Live version, but it keeps giving me an error saying the Data can't be retrieved.

Does anyone know anything about this?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
How do you get your war readiness above 50% in a sector, multiplayer?

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

RONALD REAGAN posted:

This is probably canon.

Mmm. Good point. At the very least, Bio didn't want shepard to die a virgin.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

CapnAndy posted:

How do you get your war readiness above 50% in a sector, multiplayer?

Yup. Makes getting certain endings easier.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

lil sartre posted:

I don't know about you but for me ME3 has been a neverending stream of comedy

http://i.imgur.com/n720l.jpg
Spoiler I guess? and maybe nws
Ahahaha who is that?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Holy poo poo adepts and the pull/warp combo are insanely deadly even on Insanity. I have never chewed through crowds this fast even as a vanguard.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Magical Zero posted:

Ahahaha who is that?

Well, this is early game spoilers, but It looks like the robot body that EDI seizes control of.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm really really loving this game more and more and I'm barely even started I think.

Also count me shocked at the fact that I actually just talked to a homosexual character in a video game who wasn't a total stereotype that in itself was a pretty god drat awesome moment.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Abhorrence posted:

Is there any consequences for letting the Geth or the Quarians die, outside of Legion and/or Tali dying? Like, does one stop you from getting a certain ending?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TheBalor posted:

Yup. Makes getting certain endings easier.
Well, good thing it's fun v:shobon:v

OldTennisCourt posted:

Also count me shocked at the fact that I actually just talked to a homosexual character in a video game who wasn't a total stereotype that in itself was a pretty god drat awesome moment.
Armory Guy throwing off a reference to his husband in a total no-big-deal tone of voice is definitely an early highlight.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut
where the gently caress is the hades nexus. i swear it is not on the galaxy map. same thing for the silean nebula.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
Ending spoiler talk:

So basically there's 3 endings changing from green beam to blue beam and red beam? Nothing else matters ? And what's the post credits scene is all about ? Mention another Shephard story?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Annakie posted:

In just the last 6 days over 86k Mass Effect 2 saves have been downloaded. I don't have time to go add up the numbers (and there are a couple of gaps in the data), but if I had to guess, between the two sites since I launched them a couple of weeks before ME2 went live, probably about 750k - 1m saves have been downloaded.

And it's all because of you goons annoying me with your constant asking for save files in the thread that it started. Then spreading it around the internet after it went live. :v: I was planning on just hosting like a dozen to shut people up, now look at it, haha.
I hope you're at least getting some ad revenue or something, to balance the hosting costs. :)

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey, I got an email about those two engineers from ME2 being held in the Citadel, where are they exactly?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hey, I got an email about those two engineers from ME2 being held in the Citadel, where are they exactly?

You just use the Spectre office to release them

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

coyo7e posted:

I hope you're at least getting some ad revenue or something, to balance the hosting costs. :)

I put ads on the site about two years ago after running off donations for the first couple of months. I tried hard to make them as few and unobtrusive as possible while still earning enough to make the sites pay for themselves. (Domains with ID protection, yearly bandwidth/hosting costs, Flickr account for thousands of screenshots the fangirls love to use, giving a bit to my developer friend for the databases and upkeep, etc.)

Last year when traffic was steadily low I still managed to pay off all the related costs of the sites and maybe made... $100 or so. Last month, this month and maybe next month will be huge and I'll hopefully make enough to pay for like 2 or 3 more years of the site alone. If Bioware decides that ME3 saves will be useful at some point and masseffect3saves.com gets traffic well, that'll take care of another couple of years.

So I don't really make money off the sites, especially considering the time it takes to keep them updated, but seeing a few hundred thousand people happy pretty much makes it all worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So, is it just me, or are the squadmates a LOT less aggressive this time around? Even when I order them close to the enemy, it's like pulling teeth to try and get them to fire their gun. I watched James sitting in cover right next to a guy and wouldn't even fire on him when I ordered him to, and they hang back a LOT more than they need to.

Let me know, maybe I'm just getting myself into odd situations or something.

• Locked thread