Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
FREE DOOR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So is he doing this to get away from Jones' prying eyes?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lyer posted:

So is he doing this to get away from Jones' prying eyes?
I'm not sure if I suspect Jones or the Court.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Elysiume posted:

I'm not sure if I suspect Jones or the Court.
Suspect everybody. :tinfoil:

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Ha! We could have picked up on what he was doing before. Take a look at the laptop in the last panel of the previous page.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mr. Vile posted:

Ha! We could have picked up on what he was doing before. Take a look at the laptop in the last panel of the previous page.

I don't get it.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Mr. Vile posted:

Thats Jones' phone.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
It looks to me like the laptop got bisected along with the table. Jones's phone has rounded esges.

Or maybe it's just a really tiny laptop, now that I look at it in previous pages.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
That is the laptop, and it's entirely intact in Monday's panel.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

DaveWoo posted:

Suspect everybody. :tinfoil:

Turns out at the end of the comic the entire time it was just a game of Paranoia.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

I don't get it.

He closed it, in preparation for leaving.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

UberJew posted:

He closed it, in preparation for leaving.
He closed it because it wasn't working and he was disconnecting the phone.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
Honestly, Donald just looks so happy that he can show off his cool door power. Like nobody ever asks him about it and he can show it off for once.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Olivia42 posted:

Ales and Wenches for the speech bubbles, Spirit Medium for chapter titles.

Sweet, thanks!

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Metoron posted:

Honestly, Donald just looks so happy that he can show off his cool door power. Like nobody ever asks him about it and he can show it off for once.

He actually uses it all the time, hoping that people are going, "Huh, Donald was just in here a minute ago, where did he go? That guy's so mysterious." But actually nobody notices because no-one pays any attention to him.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Wrong thread.:doh:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I do love a good demonstration of the techno-fantasy gizmos that could only exist in a genre such as this. It almost quells the impatience of wanting to know the content of Anthony's message. Almost.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Anthony's message was probably

"Pffffffffffffffffffffft."

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
"Whatever you do, do NOT name any fairies. This is vital."

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Fangz posted:

Anthony's message was probably

"PffffffffffffffffffffftPppppbbbbbbbthtbhhhhtttttttttthhhhhhhppppppbbbbbbbttttt."

Fixed.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Olivia42 posted:

I do love a good demonstration of the techno-fantasy gizmos that could only exist in a genre such as this. It almost quells the impatience of wanting to know the content of Anthony's message. Almost.

You know that there's someone at the court who has a spell that makes bosses drop the loot they want.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

idonotlikepeas posted:

"Whatever you do, do NOT name any fairies. This is vital."

"Whilst there will be very little actual consequence, there will be game-breaking levels of Pppppbbbbbbbthtbhhhhtttttttttthhhhhhhppppppbbbbbbbttttt"

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
From what Donald says in the last panel, I hope there's at least a little flashback sequence about the two of them. Always a good chance for character development.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Why would Annie's father give her a coded message? What is happening :ohdear:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

The Walker posted:

Why would Annie's father give her a coded message? What is happening :ohdear:

Especially if Donald is the only one capable of knowing that the message is encoded in the first place? Seems Anthony probably knew he would be involved somehow and both of them want the court of their business.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Nondevor posted:

From what Donald says in the last panel, I hope there's at least a little flashback sequence about the two of them. Always a good chance for character development.

Possible, the colour shift in the last panel is similar to the flashback chapters. Not to mention that going through a door is a common motif to enter a different setting in stories.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Nobody's discussing the real issue here, which is that Annie managed to remember a whole page of nonsense numbers while being extremely shocked and stressed out!

Stretching my suspension of disbelief here, Tom.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She just said it didn't make sense, not that it was numbers. Words can be codes too you know.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Ha! One-time pad. That's brilliant.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Waffnuffly posted:

Ha! One-time pad. That's brilliant.

Yeah, one-time pads are awesome. Assuming you use a sufficiently random pad, they're uncrackable, because there's no pattern to find and crack!

It does, however, rely on Annie remembering gibberish. Perhaps it was a very short message.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, one-time pads are awesome. Assuming you use a sufficiently random pad, they're uncrackable, because there's no pattern to find and crack!

It does, however, rely on Annie remembering gibberish. Perhaps it was a very short message.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ah, so that's what she means by it didn't make any sense.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Hello, is this my estranged daughter I dumped off at an enigmatic boarding school and then completely abandoned? I have an important message for you: ZJYPWQM OUINF FPOIK JMWEQET FMY WPJF DNZK. Got it? Okay cool, talk to you again in another three years!"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Maybe Anthony only wanted to communicate with Donald, and he only had Jones' number, and he had no actual intent to speak to Annie at all, aside from being forced to by Jones handing the phone to her. That's why he used a code only Don would know.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 9, 2012

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Fangz posted:

Maybe Anthony only wanted to communicate with Donald, and he only had Jones' number, and he had no actual intent to speak to Annie at all, aside from being forced to by Jones handing the phone to her. That's why he used a code only Don would know.

If that's true I can see Annie pulling a Jones and breaking a wall or two.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

Fangz posted:

I'd feel really bad for Annie but I'd laugh my rear end off if this were true and the message essentially translated to: "Hey Donny, all's well with me, how's Anja and your daughter? Tony."

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Fangz posted:

It was implied in the page when Jones got the call that the operator who called her was looking for Annie specifically, so I'm pretty sure Anthony wanted to speak with his daughter. Why he gave her the message instead of Donny if he knew only he could translate it remains to be seen, though.

Hooray for more Donald development, though! I've wanted to know more about all the adult characters since the chapter Ties.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
If the guy who has been missing for a few years calls and talks to his daughter that is noteworthy but not strange(this is Anthony after all.) If he calls and only talks to Donny that's bizarre as hell.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lord of Laughton posted:

I'd feel really bad for Annie but I'd laugh my rear end off if this were true and the message essentially translated to: "Hey Donny, all's well with me, how's Anja and your daughter? Tony."

"P.S Sorry I didn't send the message directly to you, I lost your phone number."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.
He comes across as kind of a distant rear end who either doesn't think much of Annie or straight up loathes her (ignoring that Surma willingly gave the gift of life to her daughter). Would not surprise me if he was trying to figure out some way to "fix" everything and bring Surma back.